ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know but it sounds more like an indirect threat to me. jmo

What I find amazing is that before he left the island of Aruba he has an interview with Good Morning America. Nothing like setting your priorities. What type of attorney would do that? Never mind, I answered my own question. jmo
And in typical Baez fashion he was tripping all over himself in the interview (the part about Robin's family). I thought it was kinda funny how GG broke away from Baez and went to hug his real attorney...lol.

GG featured on Inside Edition just now. He will appear on morning TV tomorrow. JB says that GG just wants his life back and is not thinking about cashing in on the insurance policy. Yeah, right :rolleyes:
JB blamed it on the mistakes of GG's first attorney...that he was a personal injury attorney and not a criminal attorney and wrongly advised him. I'm no attorney, but you would think that when a person goes missing that common sense tells you it may look bad bringing up cashing in on an insurance policy. It was obviously on GG's mind...how else would his attorney have known about it? Putting it on the other attorney was just bad IMPO.

And in typical Baez fashion he was tripping all over himself in the interview (the part about Robin's family). I thought it was kinda funny how GG broke away from Baez and went to hug his real attorney...lol.

I thought I saw GG's real attorney hesitate a little when GG headed for him for his big ole bear hug. Almost to say I don't know if I really want to hug this guy?????? jmo

What makes Giordano's release even more painful for Forester is that the murder suspect lives just 10 minutes away from his Bethseda, Maryland home, where Robyn spent most nights and even kept her cats.

Richard went on to say that while he'd never hurt Giordano, other people in the area may not feel the same way.

He’s coming back to America but if I was him I would not be going anywhere around here. I don’t know if anything will happen to him, he's not a very well liked man and there’s a lot of people out there."
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/11/robyn-gardner-gary-giordano-free-boyfriend-not-happy

Maybe Baez can put his new client in hiding at the Buddhist retreat, with his other stellar client, FCA.

A court in Aruba denied a prosecution appeal seeking to put a Maryland businessman back in jail as a suspect in the disappearance of his travel companion, his lawyer said

The ruling came hours after Giordano left the island.

There is no more appeals,” Lejuez said. “If they want him behind bars now, they would have to start a court case against him ... They have to charge him and take his case to court and they have years to do that.”

The defense attorney said he expects the case will go no further.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Gary-Giordano-Wins-Appeal-in-Aruba-134770978.html

The prosecutor's office said it was disappointed with the ruling, still considers Giordano a suspect and is continuing to pursue the case with the assistance of the FBI.

"While we believe the circumstances warranted his detention, we respect the court's ruling," the prosecutor's office said in a statement.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501715_162-57334306/us-man-wins-aruba-appeal-in-missing-tourist-case/

Famous last words.

Maybe if they had sent the electronics to Holland in August he would still be sitting in jail. They instead waited two months and they have not completed the examination of the electronics. They dropped the ball. JMO.

Famous last words.

Maybe if they had sent the electronics to Holland in August he would still be sitting in jail. They instead waited two months and they have not completed the examination of the electronics. They dropped the ball. JMO.

I am :furious:. It's unbelievable they have waited so long to examine phones and computers. :maddening:
It's starting to look as though they knew how long they could hold him there and were just waiting for it to all blow over.

I am :furious:. It's unbelievable they have waited so long to examine phones and computers. :maddening:
It's starting to look as though they knew how long they could hold him there and were just waiting for it to all blow over.

I have the same opinion. Ya know, I gave them the benefit of the doubt because the family was giving them that much. However, hindsight is 20/20 ... they have not learned any lessons and yes, it blew over. This is a done deal as far as Aruba goes despite what they are saying. It is a cop out ... it is the easy way out and it is a travesty of justice.

However, they have different laws ... that's the excuses ... I don't buy it. If they really wanted to get to the bottom of whether or not GG was lying or telling the truth, there would have been MORE searches done SOONER than 6 weeks after the disappearance and, that electronic equipment would have been sent to Holland immediately.

They knew he would not be kept. At this point they are going through the motions. They do not want to deal with it ... he will never be asked to return. This is exactly the way they wanted it to end up.

I have the same opinion. Ya know, I gave them the benefit of the doubt because the family was giving them that much. However, hindsight is 20/20 ... they have not learned any lessons and yes, it blew over. This is a done deal as far as Aruba goes despite what they are saying. It is a cop out ... it is the easy way out and it is a travesty of justice.

However, they have different laws ... that's the excuses ... I don't buy it. If they really wanted to get to the bottom of whether or not GG was lying or telling the truth, there would have been MORE searches done SOONER than 6 weeks after the disappearance and, that electronic equipment would have been sent to Holland immediately.

They knew he would not be kept. At this point they are going through the motions. They do not want to deal with it ... he will never be asked to return. This is exactly the way they wanted it to end up.

My guess is the FBI has his computer since it was in the US at his home. Anything he had on it of value would have originated in the US prior to his trip to Aruba. Other than GG's story not making any sense with what little facts the Aruban's know a judge felt there was not enough evidence to hold him. As with all missing person's it is not easy to find remains at this late in the game and more so because she disappeared in the water. Officials are saying the currents were not that strong that day, water was calm and no storms out at sea so if it happened the way GG claimed it did her body should have come ashore. It did not and chances are she did not go into the water at that location.

But as far as the computer I would think that is a US issue to prove there was a crime and it was planned while he was still at home in the US. If his computer was wiped clean he obviously has something to hide that could get him into trouble.

Personally, I think it is better handled here because if they had charged him in Aruba another judge could have found him not guilty because there wasn't enough evidence. You can't find evidence if it's not there. And because they can't find evidence doesn't mean he's not responsible for her death. We will just have to wait and see what the FBI is able to find. jmo

During an 11-minute interview Thursday on ABC's "Good Morning America," Gary Giordano refused to detail what happened to Robyn Gardner on Aug. 2, the day of her disappearance, saying he has told that story to investigators "50, 60 times." He has said she was swept out to sea while snorkeling.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...1_IRbQ?docId=37b1c2220c404cce92d99a4ae14806c9

That he has the gall to go on national television is a statement in itself especially when he should be hanging his head in shame and crawling under a rock, IMO. Hmmph, I can think of a couple questions to ask Mr. Gary Giordano, such as: "So, Gary, how does it feel to be viewed as a stalking, murdering, perverted creep"? Oh, but I guess he'd refuse to answer that one too, :wink:.
Or how about this one, " Gary, do you really think you're a deer when you wear your deer mask? And, by the way, would you possibly consider wearing it during deer season? " :floorlaugh:
Sorry, but I have to either laugh or scream.... or, maybe I'll put his picture on the wall and throw darts .

My guess is the FBI has his computer since it was in the US at his home. Anything he had on it of value would have originated in the US prior to his trip to Aruba. Other than GG's story not making any sense with what little facts the Aruban's know a judge felt there was not enough evidence to hold him. As with all missing person's it is not easy to find remains at this late in the game and more so because she disappeared in the water. Officials are saying the currents were not that strong that day, water was calm and no storms out at sea so if it happened the way GG claimed it did her body should have come ashore. It did not and chances are she did not go into the water at that location.

But as far as the computer I would think that is a US issue to prove there was a crime and it was planned while he was still at home in the US. If his computer was wiped clean he obviously has something to hide that could get him into trouble.

Personally, I think it is better handled here because if they had charged him in Aruba another judge could have found him not guilty because there wasn't enough evidence. You can't find evidence if it's not there. And because they can't find evidence doesn't mean he's not responsible for her death. We will just have to wait and see what the FBI is able to find. jmo

Stein said authorities have been conducting active searches for Gardner's body and last week sent divers and underwater robots to search in the area where Giordano reported her missing. They are also awaiting additional forensic evidence, including an FBI analysis of Giordano's Blackberry.

BBM

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/World/2011...arance-111129/

Giordano will leave behind his laptop and Blackberry when he exits the Aruban jail and heads back to the U.S. Investigators tell ABC News that they are just beginning to pore through the computer, as well as Gardner's iPad -- both of which contain tens of thousands of documents that shed light on the relationship the two had -- which Giordano has previously said was almost entirely physical

http://abcnews.go.com/US/gary-giorda...ry?id=15045376

Based on the above, it looks like neither FBI or Aruba LE is finished with the computer evidence

I find it really hard to believe that GG went all the way to NYC his first day back from Aruba to say I can't talk about what happened. Hope GMA did not pay him. Waste, huge waste. If he has told the story 50 to 60 times then why would it be so hard to tell it one more time if it can help him. jmo

There were many accounts you’d been drinking heavily.” Roberts said.

“I’ve never heard that,” an apparently surprised Giordano replied.

Baez then jumped in and explained that Giordano had been in jail and wasn’t exposed to the “media onslaught” of the past few months, while pointing out that, in light of the stories, “judges are not in the business of releasing people, especially with mountains of circumstantial evidence against them.”

Roberts, undeterred, asked what the condition of the sea that day was, as Gardner had been last seen snorkeling. Giordano then took that opportunity to respond to the drinking accusations, saying there were videos of the two of them at a bar, but they didn’t order drinks.

“I’ll just interview myself if you don’t mind,” he told Roberts, mid-way through his answer.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/suspect-...ntly-denies-involvement-in-bizarre-interview/

Amazing arrogance!!!! JMO

BBM

I admit to not following this case closely...but after watching him on tv this morning..I found him to be believable.:waitasec:

His hair...not so much.

I admit to not following this case closely...but after watching him on tv this morning..I found him to be believable.:waitasec:

His hair...not so much.

While some of what he says sounds credible I think I would reserve judgment until we hear from the insurance companies and a response from Aruba about their main source of income being cocaine and human trafficing. And tourism being third in line, IMO, right under these first two. Amazing. And all the while I thought the money I was spending there was supporting their economy and all the while it's cocaine (that I have never seen) and boat loads of people being transported against their will to SA. I would hope Aruba would respond as those are very strong allegations that require a response.

I just find it odd that someone is claiming RG was a victum of a drowning and the next thing we know he has planted a seed that it could have been human trafficing. Scuba divers perhaps snatched her under the water and took her to a waiting boat????? But he could not see it because he was "so called" swimming to save his own life with those darn heavy sneakers on his feet. That does paint a picture, does it not? jmo

While some of what he says sounds credible I think I would reserve judgment until we hear from the insurance companies and a response from Aruba about their main source of income being cocaine and human trafficing. And tourism being third in line, IMO, right under these first two. Amazing. And all the while I thought the money I was spending there was supporting their economy and all the while it's cocaine (that I have never seen) and boat loads of people being transported against their will to SA. I would hope Aruba would respond as those are very strong allegations that require a response. jmo

Its called taking the focus off of him
Nothing like bashing and abusing to get the heat off of yourself
Perhaps he should have done a little research before saying something so outlandish
Makes you wonder about everything else he has to say

I expect he will become a hero to some
How sickening as even without these charges, he is a user and abuser IMO

For someone who had no access to the media as is told by his american lawyer, he sure jumped on the human trafficking band wagon in a hurry.

And Lambchop, I couldn't agree more, sounds like he is changing his story

I guess if one doesn't float, try another

How rediculous to mention human trafficking when you have been telling LE for four months that she disappeared under the water in your presense

Its highly unlikely that she disappeared while snorkelling and was snatched up by human traffickers

Which is it gary???

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members