Inside the Mind of Casey Anthony: A Psychological Portrait by Keith Ablow, MD

I decided to give the Ablow book a try, keeping an open mind. His theories are interesting but just not plausible, IMO.

Hubby told me Ablow was on Fox news today. When asked if he believed Casey was sexually abused, he replied that he didn't know for sure but her behavior is consistent with his sexually abused clients. Sure hope he doesn't have a daughter who exhibits any of those symptoms (for his sake.)

IMHO that particular "profile" can fit a large percentage of us who might not have been sexually abused. I just love the whole repressed memories theory. Reminds me of the time my DD reported after a visit to her ob/gyn she was asked if she'd like an Rx for an anti-depressant. When DD answered that she wasn't depressed, the 'dr' replied "How do you know?" Gotta love Psycho-Babble.

If anything interesting in the book comes up, I'll report back.

I decided to give the Ablow book a try, keeping an open mind. His theories are interesting but just not plausible, IMO.

Hubby told me Ablow was on Fox news today. When asked if he believed Casey was sexually abused, he replied that he didn't know for sure but her behavior is consistent with his sexually abused clients. Sure hope he doesn't have a daughter who exhibits any of those symptoms (for his sake.)

IMHO that particular "profile" can fit a large percentage of us who might not have been sexually abused. I just love the whole repressed memories theory. Reminds me of the time my DD reported after a visit to her ob/gyn she was asked if she'd like an Rx for an anti-depressant. When DD answered that she wasn't depressed, the 'dr' replied "How do you know?" Gotta love Psycho-Babble.

If anything interesting in the book comes up, I'll report back.

Thanks for taking one for the team. I checked his book on Scott Peterson out of the library. I think I made it half way through before I gave up. I didn't care for his theories or his writing style.

Thanks for taking one for the team. I checked his book on Scott Peterson out of the library. I think I made it half way through before I gave up. I didn't care for his theories or his writing style.

Is Ablow the one who wrote the book claiming Laci Peterson had affairs and basically blaming her for her own death? I wouldn't waste my time reading any of his garbage.

I read the book. He puts the blame for FCA squared on the shoulders of George and Cindy Anthony. He is also obsessed completely with George being in the delivery room and watching Caylee's birth. He does not accuse but makes repeated inferences that FCA was abused and I feel he believes every word of the opening statement regarding molestation.

He also does not say outright but infers heavily that FCA did kill Caylee and it is because of the way she was raised.

He also says George made it impossible for the jury to convict FCA.

One other point worth mentioning is what he says about George's suicide note. Grandparents do not commit suicide over the death of their grandchild. NEVER.

One other point worth mentioning is what he says about George's suicide note. Grandparents do not commit suicide over the death of their grandchild. NEVER.

Oh dear sweet baby Jesus, heaven help me and God forgive me but this guy is just a $%^&*()&.

From my perspective - the man has zero credibility. I'd like to see his stats. And while George talks about his grief at Caylee's murder, he knows as he says it that his daughter murdered her.

"Duh".

From my perspective - the man has zero credibility. I'd like to see his stats. And while George talks about his grief at Caylee's murder, he knows as he says it that his daughter murdered her.

"Duh".

Never said I agreed with him :)

I'm ready!!! :bigfight: oh...er.....:denied:

15g6454656.gif

You two are a riot!

Finished the book last night. I think Ablow's theories are almost as fanciful as Casey's lies.

He implies that Casey is not aware of that she is lying, and that she actually believes her own lies. Hogwash. If Casey were not aware of her lies, why then did she say "I'm such a great liar!?"

I read the book. He puts the blame for FCA squared on the shoulders of George and Cindy Anthony. He is also obsessed completely with George being in the delivery room and watching Caylee's birth. He does not accuse but makes repeated inferences that FCA was abused and I feel he believes every word of the opening statement regarding molestation.

He also does not say outright but infers heavily that FCA did kill Caylee and it is because of the way she was raised.

He also says George made it impossible for the jury to convict FCA.

BBM Yes he was. It was a bit creepy to me how he kept reiterating it. I think he got off on it himself, IMHO.

BBM Yes he was. It was a bit creepy to me how he kept reiterating it. I think he got off on it himself, IMHO.

Yes, creepy.

He believes the molestation. He also states (hypothetically) that George's obession with cleanliness was to where he would probably volunteer to get Caylee cleaned up and tidy each morning (indicating more molestation).

I will admit I have always had a problem with George, never thinking he was honest, always looking and acting suspicious, and generally a creep. BUT. I do not think he was molesting his grand-daughter.

Yes, creepy.

He believes the molestation. He also states (hypothetically) that George's obession with cleanliness was to where he would probably volunteer to get Caylee cleaned up and tidy each morning (indicating more molestation).

I will admit I have always had a problem with George, never thinking he was honest, always looking and acting suspicious, and generally a creep. BUT. I do not think he was molesting his grand-daughter.

No competent Dr. would come anywhere near reaching sich idiotic conclusion. Utterly baseless nonsense. Doesn't mean GA DIDN'T do it, but we'll never know, and you can certainly not make such an accusation on such flimsy premises. His license should be revoked. Disgraceful.

No competent Dr. would come anywhere near reaching sich idiotic conclusion. Utterly baseless nonsense. Doesn't mean GA DIDN'T do it, but we'll never know, and you can certainly not make such an accusation on such flimsy premises. His license should be revoked. Disgraceful.

I agree. He didn't even see this "patient". A waste of my time but I read it anyway.

Finished the book last night. I think Ablow's theories are almost as fanciful as Casey's lies.

He implies that Casey is not aware of that she is lying, and that she actually believes her own lies. Hogwash. If Casey were not aware of her lies, why then did she say "I'm such a great liar!?"
That's right Oakley.
If that were the case, wouldn't she have turned around at Universal and said "but I DO work here"? If she believed her own lie that Caylee was kidnapped, why did she say she drowned?
She lies to others, she may even lie to herself but she knows she's doing it.

hi everyone! i have never posted on the caylee thread but i've been here since day 31.
my curiousity got the best of me and i'm reading this book.. i'm about halfway through and i'm so aggravated that he has taken the blame off casey and put it onto Cindy and George imo. she was a grown adult.. 22 years old.. she made her own decisions. he's so hung up on George's presence in the delivery room and Cindy holding Caylee first. While that might have been disturbing to Casey, i don't think it gives her an out! IMO JMO
I want to finish the book but i'm having a hard time reading some parts of it due to frustration.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back