GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
cotbl.jpg

Some of the details are incorrect, but I wanted to get a flyer up in the thread.

-Jorely left to get drinks, not the teen babysitter.
-Mom was not out of town, she was in the apartment sleeping.
-Father lives in Florida, not Puerto Rico (still conflicting reports on this detail).
-Last seen around 5:00 PM, Police were called at 5:30 PM.

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 10
Let me throw this thought out..do we know for sure the teenage babysitter was a girl could it have been a boy? I believe I read the teenager lives in the home?

Huh! You're right. It could be. I think some of the misunderstanding of whether Jorely went for the drinks or the babysitter did had to do with the way the articles were written and most of us thinking female when we read 'babysitter'. I think most of the articles say that J was playing at a playground under the supervision of a teenaged babysitter when SHE went to get drinks. Some of us assumed the 'she' was the babysitter, but I think it's J who went and we just had an example of poor editing on some of these articles.

So, yes, the babysitter could be male. And yes, the articles I've read mention the sitter lives in the home with them. :seeya:

ETA: I see this missing poster does clarify it was a teenaged girl.

If Jorely DID go back to get drinks for everyone, who came in and out of apartment that day? Where there workmen? People tending to the grass/landscape?

Also, if i wasn't so sick I would look for this but, most cities have heat maps of crime in the area. I think it would be wise to review what past crimes have been committed in this area.

I'm questioning why someone would allow a 7 year old to walk by themselves near dark, in the cold, to grab so many drinks. It was cold, you all said? Hmm.

First thoughts - she was going back to the apartment & was grabbed by someone who lives in the complex (who has no previous record as an offender in GA) or she witnessed something in a parking lot (drug deal, etc) & was grabbed. I have a bad feeling that she is going to be recovered in that complex & it won't end well, but I pray I'm wrong.

I wonder if she ever made it into her apt. for the drinks. Does Mom know?

I also wonder why mom was napping at 5:30. Maybe she works the night shift or something?

If Jorely DID go back to get drinks for everyone, who came in and out of apartment that day? Where there workmen? People tending to the grass/landscape?

Also, if i wasn't so sick I would look for this but, most cities have heat maps of crime in the area. I think it would be wise to review what past crimes have been committed in this area.

I'm questioning why someone would allow a 7 year old to walk by themselves near dark, in the cold, to grab so many drinks. It was cold, you all said? Hmm.

I don't know about cold. My kids got home from school around 4 on Friday and they came home with their sweatshirts in their backpacks. I looked it up and it says at Hartsfield airport, the high of the day was 63 and the low was 34. 34 would have been the middle of the night. I'm thinking it would have been dropping into the lower 50s at sunset. Cool, but not exactly parka weather around here, unless you're out at 2 am. My kids wore shorts yesterday afternoon.

I'll see if I can look up crime info.

If you look at the satellite image of the apartment and surrounding areas on google maps, and you scroll on over to the right (east), you'll see a bunch of nothing but miles of nothing between this area of Canton and HWY 575. Then scroll to the left (west) of the complex ... more nothing. And there's some nothing and a resevoir to the north. It's like this the further north you get of Atlanta. A cluster community, then stretches of nothing but trees and kudzu for miles.

Regarding the amount of drinks, if she just meant to grab 3 or 4 Capri Suns or juice boxes, that wouldn't have been difficult for her to manage, carrying-wise. I just wonder if they were told to 'stay out' of the apartment, and that's why the sitter didn't just bring all the kids in for a drink.

You know what eats me alive? If all these people claim these kids were not properly cared for why do we have to wait to hear about this after one comes up missing?? People speak up for these kids, please!!!

First thoughts - she was going back to the apartment & was grabbed by someone who lives in the complex (who has no previous record as an offender in GA) or she witnessed something in a parking lot (drug deal, etc) & was grabbed. I have a bad feeling that she is going to be recovered in that complex & it won't end well, but I pray I'm wrong.

I've also considered that it was someone she's become friendly with while she was walking around the complex unsupervised in the past. Someone she thought she could trust.

I was so hoping we would have heard something else by now, that she was found safe. I don't have a good feeling about this. Somebody was at the wrong place at the right time and grabbed this little girl. I hope I'm wrong.

How disturbing that I had no problem believing this was an abduction. It became more troubling to me to learn that the mom was in the apartment sleeping. Didn’t say why, but maybe she was a working mom desperate for some much-needed sleep. Jorely, not the sitter, left the group to get some drinks, and nobody saw her after that. Add to this the comments of neighbors stating that Jorely and her siblings were not properly supervised, and you have a recipe for disaster. In today's world parents have to be super-vigilant outside the home, and in many cases, inside as well.
Jorely was only seven - no match against a teen or grown man seizing an opportunity to grab a young innocent child. The parents of beautiful little Jorely must be living this as a nightmare, and unable to think straight.
Poor sweet lovely innocent Jorely. We have no "undo" buttons in the real world. All we can do is be aware of what is going on around us. After we hear another child is abducted we may unconsciously hug our children even tighter to keep them closer and safe. Yet we have to try to warn them to be careful, not just of strangers, without scaring them. What does the boogey-man look like? Sadly, maybe like the nice man next door.

BBM

I agree that it could have been someone in an apartment. I'm thinking she was grabbed either as she passed by, or a short distance from an apartment, then dragged inside.

I would think someone would have seen something in an open parking lot. Then again, if she was friendly and easily trusting, someone could have called her over to their car too.

Do we know if she was heading back to HER apartment for drinks, a neighbor's place, or maybe a vending area in the complex?

I've also considered that it was someone she's become friendly with while she was walking around the complex unsupervised in the past. Someone she thought she could trust.

Is it dark there yet?

Is it dark there yet?

It's about 90 percent dark now at 5:50 pm. Dark enough that my street light has come on and my outdoor Christmas lights on an electric 'eye' timer, but the sky is still that bright blue/almost dusk color and you can't see stars yet. Lol, does that make sense? :seeya:

It's about 90 percent dark now at 5:50 pm. Dark enough that my street light has come on and my outdoor Christmas lights on an electric 'eye' timer, but the sky is still that bright blue/almost dusk color and you can't see stars yet. Lol, does that make sense? :seeya:

Thanks, yes it does make sense, lol.

Two full days of searching and no Jorley
icon9.gif

It appears that someone leaving the 100 block of the apartments could take Lucky or April Street straight out to 140? It looks like there are a couple of business' that may have security cameras. Johnson's mini market for instance? If she left in a car between 5:00 and 5:30, that would be before complete darkness sets in.

Thanks, yes it does make sense, lol.

Two full days of searching and no Jorley
icon9.gif

It appears that someone leaving the 100 block of the apartments could take Lucky or April Street straight out to 140? It looks like there are a couple of business' that may have security cameras. Johnson's mini market for instance? If she left in a car between 5:00 and 5:30, that would be before complete darkness sets in.

You are correct. They could easily get out to 140 on Lucky. Or, depending on where in the complex they were coming from they could also go out the front entrance on Reinhardt Parkway. If this is the direction, it leaves alot of WIDE open area that they need to search.

Reinhardt Pkwy also leads to Reservoir Drive, which is a long hilly road with nothing on either side - except fields and the reservoir, until you get into Big Sky subdivision. We use to do training walks out there on Saturday mornings, and didn't see much traffic at all, even though it was right around the corner from a large shopping area, and the very busy Riverstone Parkway.

The complex is also close to I-575, which runs up into North Georgia in case anyone isn't familiar with the nearby highways.

Have they said they've ruled out the RSOs in the area?

I looked them up for a 2 mile radius of the complex. If I counted correctly (one guy was listed twice), 8 of the 12 were for child related sex crimes. Ugh.

One was convicted of child molestation in September of this year and released the next day? :furious:

http://www.icrimewatch.net/index.php?AgencyID=54087&disc= (just plug in apartment address and zip code, then click on 2 mile radius.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa