TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back by East Brow. It was the third rock in from the right in the pic posted earlier. Also, on reporter, Megan Boatwright's twitter she said she talked to the people that noticed the rock missing also noticed tire tracks but didn't report it. WTH???

You'd think they would have called LE if they found the rock missing and tire tracks even if no one was reported missing.... Just in case.

I truly don't know what to think happened to Gail at this point.

BUT, I think MP's comments about GP's mental health hold ZERO credibility, for a couple of reasons.
First, I haven't heard where one other person backs that up. Is there anyone with credibility who has claimed this?

Second, it's the oldest line in a cheater's handbook, to claim the betrayed spouse has "mental issues"...so people will be less likely to believe the unflattering stories about the cheater. As in "Of course I'm not cheating...Sally Sue (or Billy Bob) is just a paranoid, delusional control freak trying to make me look bad!"
Then if by chance the betrayed spouse actually cries or shows any anger about the adultery (which any SANE peson would BTW) then the cheater tries to use these normal reactions as evidence that spouse is some kind of freak. I have seen this over and over.

Sooooo.... MP saying GP was mental, means absolutely nothing to me.
He is on record (documented) with credibility issues, per his being fired from his job for using company resources, money and time to conduct his adulterous affair (that's considered stealing) and lying to them about being in meetings or working , when he wasn't. So I have to question the integrity of any statement he makes. Looks like he is in CYA mode. IMHO

In total agreement with you. This comment, supposedly on the tape that AD had says it all for me:

Gail's closest friend has turned over a copy of video evidence to the FBI, she says shows Matthew Palmgren berating his wife at the family's lake home.

"You're a disease, you're poison, you're destroying my career like you did yours," recited Durham when asked what was heard on the tape.

(http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/15916960/gail-palmgren-disapearance-six-months-later)

It reminds me of that sad commercial years ago when the mom was telling the little girl that she was pathetic and the tears ran down the girl's face. I don't know how she lived with him and his anger and feelings for her.

I'm so glad LE is taking this serious now, maybe they were holding their cards close to their vests all along.

Who said the rock that was missing belonged to the people who noticed that the rock was missing?....There is a house across the street from the area but I didn't think that anyone lived where the rock was missing....

I know there's a great deal of Monday-morning quarterbacking and hindsight is always twenty-twenty, but . . .

I saw a post somewhere else (not here - and not going to link) about how anyone who was wrong about what happened to Gail should have to eat their crow straight from the frying pan, or something like that. And they went on to say that if this hadn't happened, and if Gail hadn't disappeared, MP's career and his girlfriend's wouldn't have been "ruined."

But hey ~ :cow: :twocents: :cow:
I don't believe anyone needs to apologize for the way we tried to sleuth this case, or for all the people (media included) who felt that something was wrong with the picture (and perhaps still feel there are unanswered questions). And I personally don't for one minute think that Gail ruined anyone's career. People can certainly choose to believe that Gail was in the wrong for changing her pin numbers and taking jewelry from the house, but some of us see that as a frantic woman trying to protect her finances and her own possessions during a nasty divorce that was looming. The others involved were grown-ups too and just as responsible for their actions, such as lying to their own spouses and employers. The truth only came out because Gail was missing and people stepped forward to tell the bosses.

Well, I saw that too, but was trying to ignore it. There will be no crow on my supper plate. I apologize ahead if I offend anyone, but if this is proven beyond all doubt to be a tragic accident, I will still forever believe that even if no one had a "direct" hand in what happened to Gail there was definitely an indirect hand in it. Nobody has suddenly become a hero in my mind. That is just my opinion. What was happening in her life at that moment led to the tragic end of her life. I feel so sad that her children must grow up without her. JMO

In total agreement with you. This comment, supposedly on the tape that AD had says it all for me:

Gail's closest friend has turned over a copy of video evidence to the FBI, she says shows Matthew Palmgren berating his wife at the family's lake home.

"You're a disease, you're poison, you're destroying my career like you did yours," recited Durham when asked what was heard on the tape.

(http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/15916960/gail-palmgren-disapearance-six-months-later)

It reminds me of that sad commercial years ago when the mom was telling the little girl that she was pathetic and the tears ran down the girl's face. I don't know how she lived with him and his anger and feelings for her.

I'm so glad LE is taking this serious now, maybe they were holding their cards close to their vests all along.

When I hear these words came from MPs mouth, this is no surprise. Interesting that he didn't mind borrowing more than $40,000 from her during this time. Even if he didn't do this deed, in my books, he is guilty of trying to destroy the mother of his children with his verbal abuse and as I've read physical abuse also. I have a feeling we have no idea what she put up with from MP.

I know there's a great deal of Monday-morning quarterbacking and hindsight is always twenty-twenty, but . . .

I saw a post somewhere else (not here - and not going to link) about how anyone who was wrong about what happened to Gail should have to eat their crow straight from the frying pan, or something like that. And they went on to say that if this hadn't happened, and if Gail hadn't disappeared, MP's career and his girlfriend's wouldn't have been "ruined."

I don't believe anyone needs to apologize for the way we tried to sleuth this case, or for all the people (media included) who felt that something was wrong with the picture (and perhaps still feel there are unanswered questions). And I personally don't for one minute think that Gail ruined anyone's career. People can certainly choose to believe that Gail was in the wrong for changing her pin numbers and taking jewelry from the house, but some of us see that as a frantic woman trying to protect her finances and her own possessions during a nasty divorce that was looming. The others involved were grown-ups too and just as responsible for their actions, such as lying to their own spouses and employers. The truth only came out because Gail was missing and people stepped forward to tell the bosses.

I am pretty sure I saw what you did as well (won't link it either) I have to believe that was directed at other sights where there was no sleuthing going on just alot of finger pointing and anger. That is why I am only on this site regarding this situation. It was truly people trying to figure out scenario's--I know it got a bit ugly on here and WS tried their best to keep it at bay but ended up having to shut the threads down due to the mudslinging that was happening. I learned far more information on here then other sites.

Truly most people (and I think everyone would agree)on this site had one thing in common and one thought....Gail did not just leave on her own to some new life.

I am still so saddened by the news of finding Gail and the fact that she was right there all along....I just don't know what to make of it

I went back by East Brow. It was the third rock in from the right in the pic posted earlier. Also, on reporter, Megan Boatwright's twitter she said she talked to the people that noticed the rock missing also noticed tire tracks but didn't report it. WTH???

This is exactly what I was thinking. Knowing someone was missing, you notice the rock and tire tracks but you don't at least question it? By you - I mean whoever saw it after she was missing, nobody in particular.

I have a really close friend whose significant other said almost that same exact thing during a custody battle. That she had "held him back." That she had "ruined his career." And that he saw her as a parasite, only the thing is - she was the parasite taking care of his children and his house. :furious: And in my friend's case, the ex did not get full custody and the Judge asked the kids what they wanted, and they chose Mom.

Talk is cheap, and sometimes meaningless. Whatever MP said doesn't make it true.

In our society, this happens all the time. So now that the body is found, people who support MP shouldn't take it as a time to gloat. Oh, no, my friends. This is not a time to gloat. Because as my own dear husband said to me yesterday, justice in some ways has happened because the truth came out in a most public way, and none of it was Gail's fault.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Knowing someone was missing, you notice the rock and tire tracks but you don't at least question it? By you - I mean whoever saw it after she was missing, nobody in particular.

I guess the point is that the people across the street didn't want to report a stolen rock on a mountain full of rocks. I can sort of see that - did they really own the rock? Would the police laugh at them?

But tire tracks are a whole other thing. The ground was wet that week because the tornadoes and heavy rain had passed through. If the tire tracks went all the way to the edge of the brow, they should have taken pictures and contacted police. *sigh*

I have a really close friend whose significant other said almost that same exact thing during a custody battle. That she had "held him back." That she had "ruined his career." And that he saw her as a parasite, only the thing is - she was the parasite taking care of his children and his house. :furious: And in my friend's case, the ex did not get full custody and the Judge asked the kids what they wanted, and they chose Mom.

Talk is cheap, and sometimes meaningless. Whatever MP said doesn't make it true.

In our society, this happens all the time. So now that the body is found, people who support MP shouldn't take it as a time to gloat. Oh, no, my friends. This is not a time to gloat. Because as my own dear husband said to me yesterday, justice in some ways has happened because the truth came out in a most public way, and none of it was Gail's fault.

BBM

Thankyou for saying this ThoughtFox. Im an avid follower of Gails case & was hoping that the MP supporters wouldnt come out with comments like that.

RIP Gail

Ah yes, I saw that comment too. There were also comments about how only women who hated men thought Matt was guilty, IIRC. Matt was fired because he and a co-worker skipped out on a business trip to have an affair, as well as misuse of company email. It had nothing to do with "women hating men" or people refusing to admit they were wrong. Anyone who followed the thread here saw a lot of people put out multiple theories.

Meanwhile, I haven't seen anyone say that the people who claimed Gail ran off with $420,000 and was going to steal the kids should be apologizing. No one is asking for people to apologize to Arlene for calling her a criminal, even though that theory was embraced by those who wanted to defend Matt.

And if Matt had nothing to do with it? What then?

BBM Dark Red For anyone to claim Gail is the reason their carreers are ruined is IMHO..... Mind boggling to say the least...JMHO

Also, in reference to myself I still believe something was/is terribly wrong...JMHO

I saw that outlandish comment too. Guy had no clue:innocent:

And if Matt had nothing to do with it? What then?

Then he didn't, and it was just a freak accident.

But long before this we had the fact that MP allowed his attorney to (a) say to the press that Gail was "f--d up" and to (b) have computers removed and wiped clean that should have been included in the home search. Those are puzzling actions. I assume MP sanctioned whatever his attorneys did and said.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203652.asp

He also said he spoke to a couple in Hoover, Ala., who said Ms. Palmgren "had a psychotic episode" while at their house a week before she disappeared.

Attorney Davis said Ms. Palmgren "showed up uninvited" and spent two nights with the family friends.

He said the husband, an attorney, told him, "Gail was flat f----- up. She was out of her mind."

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jul/08/missing-palmgren-computers-turned-over-defense-att/

When Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office detectives entered the Signal Mountain home of a missing woman a couple of weeks ago, the family’s computers were missing.

The computers instead had been turned over to Lee Davis, an attorney representing Matthew Palmgren, the husband of Gail Palmgren, the 44-year-old mother of two who has been missing since April 30.

Davis said in an interview Thursday that the computer hard drives have been sent to technicians to see if any files or history can be recovered that might lead to Gail Palmgren.

“We’ve sent them off to see what’s on them,” he said. “Obviously, if files have been deleted, they’ve been deleted.”

:waitasec:

BBM Dark Red For anyone to claim Gail is the reason their carreers are ruined is IMHO..... Mind boggling to say the least...JMHO

Also, in reference to myself I still believe something was/is terribly wrong...JMHO

BBM - Yep, a missing rock, cell pings, and another car. Interesting to say the least.

Thanks, here are the rocks again. Wow, they didn't report the tire tracks. :(

View attachment 19972

You would think there would not only be tire tracks but a trail made by the rock too. And didn't it rain heavily when the tornado came thru just 3 days prior? Springtime too and rain wouldn't have been absorbed as quickly as in the summer.

They need some type of barrier up there, imo...or will it take a kid on a motorcycle next before it's done?

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...-disappeared-moms-remains-found-at-crash-site

Snipped

"It's really scary to drive if you've never been up there," said Elizabeth Aikens, who was mayor of the town of Walden from 1996 to 2002. "I have had people come here and say they will never come back because of the height."

But residents say accidents are rare, and that a car plunging over the side is virtually unheard of.

"Even when it's snowy and foggy, you really don't see accidents on this road," said Wendi Lyness, who has lived on the mountain 20 years.

Wow. How ironic the name of Helton shows up ---and her house was the last one passed by Gail on the same side she went off. Just sayin'

"People drive very fast down the road. It's very easy to get comfortable with it if you live up here," said Diane Helton, who lives a few houses from the area where the Jeep left the road. "But when it's rainy or foggy, it can be scary. I can't see to the end of my driveway sometimes."

You would think there would not only be tire tracks but a trail made by the rock too. And didn't it rain heavily when the tornado came thru just 3 days prior? Springtime too and rain wouldn't have been absorbed as quickly as in the summer.

They need some type of barrier up there, imo...or will it take a kid on a motorcycle next before it's done?

It's interesting because there's a debate on the Chattanoogan website in which some people seem to think that guardrails on the mountain are unecessary. There are several letters to the editor making it sound more macho to live without guardrails.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_214749.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member