GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first thought- Based on what LE found in the apt. (and had not fully disclosed they concluded this was planned) Perp had to have some method of hiding her to get her to the dumpster. Had to have brought along item/s. Definitely very premeditated in my book. I do feel that he watched her and targeted her. Again just my gut feeling. Your welcome Pac :seeya:

Talk about a brazen crime!!! Did her mother go to work over the weekend. . .do we know?

TIA, -Pac

This was clipped from a video of NG show that patty uploaded to her youtube channel (thanks patty!)

I can't attest to the accuracy of NG map but it might help for those members that are looking at their own maps? HTH.

It's blurry but it was like that when I snipped it. There was one of the dumpster too I'll grab that just in case anyone wants to have a look.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sierra1947#p/u/0/y16STVHDcLc

Coke cans behind 7000 building puts them not behind her house. I assume that this was the empty apartment building now?

Again, I am going to state this out loud and online hoping LE has done this -- check that walk line around the apartment complex. TOO many trees to obscure someone moving a heavy object.

Anybody know for a fact there were 4 drink cans involved? I don't think a 7 yr-old child could carry 4 drink cans in her little hands. Why 4? The baby (1 yr-old) would NOT have been drinking coke. This is hinky.

Talk about a brazen crime!!! Did her mother go to work over the weekend. . .do we know?

TIA, -Pac

For sure Pac. I have not read anything to date on Mom's work schedule over the weekend :seeya:

I will follow her story and I pray they find her killer very soon and Justice is done for her.Very sad.

Anybody know for a fact there were 4 drink cans involved? I don't think a 7 yr-old child could carry 4 drink cans in her little hands. Why 4? The baby (1 yr-old) would NOT have been drinking coke. This is hinky.

Carrying four is easier than you think. When I did it that age I would just throw them into my shirt and run them up the street.
It's still unsure whose coke cans they are - we've all speculated.

It it so very sad and horrific. Very scary that they walk amongst us. My heart goes out to all who have been victimized and/or are missing. Horrific anytime but around the Holiday is just........sigh. Prayers to all these Families we read of missing a loved one.

This is a link to Puerto Rico news (video).
http://www.elnuevodia.com/videos-noticias-reaccionanlosfamiliaresdejorelis-1313173157001.html
In this video there are interviews to Jorelys' grandfather, saying his wife left this morning and they are working on bringing Jorelys' body to PR, he will join her soon in the US. He says a neighbor of his daughter called him a while ago and told him there is someone in custody and being questioned about the murder. Then Jorelys' aunt mentions the same thing, someone in custody from the area where they live (no more details mentioned). Jorelys' father is last, mentions that he had separated from Jorelys' mom "some" years ago but had good communication with her. Jorelys was supposed to visit her father in Puerto Rico this Christmas.

http://www.elnuevodia.com/videos-noticias-reaccionanlosfamiliaresdejorelis-1313173157001.html

Did mom work at a chicken plant and wasn't it in an article today that it was Pilgrim's Pride meat packing plant? Or was it another? hmmm

TIA!

And though she was only 7, Jorelys never went anywhere without her purse, Soto-Torres said.

"She would steal my nail polish when was in my home," Soto-Torres said, just outside the Riveras' apartment. "And she loved makeup, eye shadow, anything."

http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/death-of-jorelys-rivera-1253029.html

Interview with family members here in US posted a short time ago.

I have been thinking in this realm...could it have been retailiation against the mother for some reason. I might be totally off here.

In this video there are interviews to Jorelys' grandfather, saying his wife left this morning and they are working on bringing Jorelys' body to PR, he will join her soon in the US.
He says a neighbor of his daughter called him a while ago and told him there is someone in custody and being questioned about the murder. Then Jorelys' aunt mentions the same thing, someone in custody from the area where they live (no more details mentioned)
. Jorelys' father is last, mentions that he had separated from Jorelys' mom "some" years ago but had good communication with her. Jorelys was supposed to visit her father in Puerto Rico this Christmas.

I wonder if this was someone taken in for questioning... and "lost in translation" perhaps?
unless they had been arrested for something else...
in custody IMO - we would have heard about as well...
I could be wrong!

We also dont' know if that was her only job. That thought just popped into my head. Given the economy and she may have been the primary breadwinner, she may have had more than just one job. KWIM? Just a thought I had. Nothing to support it.

Now, does anyone know where this plant is? Pilgrim's Pride has a corporate office in Dalton, but it appears they don't list the factory addresses. Many companies do that as everything is handled through their corporate headquarters.

TIA Locals!

I wonder if she had her purse with her that day?

Now, does anyone know where this plant is? Pilgrim's Pride has a corporate office in Dalton, but it appears they don't list the factory addresses. Many companies do that as everything is handled through their corporate headquarters.

TIA Locals!

It's not too far away... one exit south off of 575 maybe 5-10 miles (if that!)

Pilgrim's Pride Corporation
654 Univeter Road
Canton, GA 30115-9091

In this video there are interviews to Jorelys' grandfather, saying his wife left this morning and they are working on bringing Jorelys' body to PR, he will join her soon in the US. He says a neighbor of his daughter called him a while ago and told him there is someone in custody and being questioned about the murder. Then Jorelys' aunt mentions the same thing, someone in custody from the area where they live (no more details mentioned). Jorelys' father is last, mentions that he had separated from Jorelys' mom "some" years ago but had good communication with her. Jorelys was supposed to visit her father in Puerto Rico this Christmas.

Annette thank you for translating. I've always had a very hard time with the PR dialect of spanish. The dialect is way too quick for me. (you have to speak to me as if I am a 3 yr old, slow and very simple words lol)

If you have time and are able, would you please translate what he is saying word for word? I would appreciate it so very much!

Thank you again!

It's the rage that gives me pause....that's personal.

something seems to have been pent up and let out on Jorelys..

this is only my opinion here and not some take on anything..

but this person:

1) knew the area and the vacant apartments (or knew of them)
2)was watching and waiting and biding his time for his snag (again imhoo)
3)knew exactly where to go and where to get rid of his evidence (re: compacting dumpster)
4) I totally think that he did not count on the missing person report being filed so quickly.. I think that this will be a huge advantage to figuring out who he is. I am almost 99 per cent sure she was targeted, lured by him (meaning she knew him in some way, shape or form) and this was planned over time.. again just my thoughts.

Jorelys was know to wander around the complex per media reports.. unsupervised. I think whomever this freak is started to covet her. I further think that somewhere between the getting of the drinks (coke cans found behind 7000 building) and her trying to get back to the playground this horrible person took advantage of her and used those drinks to get her away from everyone else.

again this is just my opinion...

this HAD to have been someone watching her.. and someone that was either in the complex, worked in the complex, or regularly visited the complex... there is no way this was just a random, spur of the moment thing. again that is my opinion.. but at this time I seriously don't see it any other way. Poor Jorelys. My gosh.. how can articles say she died "soon" after her abduction!!!!!! how dare they!!!!!!!! If she were tortured for at least an hour how is that soon???? How horrible for her! An hour of torture? How is that a short period of time????

sorry this one hits close to home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member