GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO the evidence that they have to arrest him (given the timeline of the survellience and the arrest) is more than likely at this time circumstantial.

I am one of the many members here on WS that wants to see forensic evidence when it is revealed. I also want to know about the trial.

Now does that mean I think he is innocent? No. It means that I, personally, want to see the factual evidence against RB.

But I do evaluate every fact as it comes out and then I base my opinion on those facts.

Right now I just don't have any facts other than what has been revealed about Jorelys. I have to admit I'm rather stunned that to this point we haven't heard any other crimes or abhorrent behavior from RB other than punching his dog in the nose as reported by a neighbor. I'm curious how a man RB's age goes from zero to 60 with one crime.

Not unheard of but rather unusual. Just sharing.

bbm yep

In the video the father thanks the support of the public and thanks God because he knows she is in His hands.

He says: "To all the mothers of the world I say, take care of your children, don't let them in the care of nobody. I don't want you to suffer what I am suffering right now. This is something too difficult, something I don't know how I will be able to survive. It is pain that has no comparison.

"And to you Jorelys, I say: I kept my word, even though you did not get to ride with me, but I brought you here in the horses you like so much. My friends are here and they rode you here, and I will always ride in your name, because you deserve it..." (the next part is a muttering, I couldn't figure it out).. ' Thanks to everyone"

heartbreaking, the only thing easing this pain is that the love shown by her family and so many others proves that she was treasured and her short life was filled with love. Compared to some of the other little angels suffered so much abuse (NB comes to mind), this little one can look down and see and know that she was adored, and hopefully her pain on this earth was very quick and over before she knew it.

and I, as well, would love to hear LE say "we have definitive forensic evidence" or something like that. I understand that it is an ongoing investigation, and I understand that their job is to keep the case secure for prosecution, not to satisfy the curious public, but I would love to hear something more than "we are convinced", I want to hear "we have evidence proving."
I agree that if they had another suspect, there would be a public manhunt with BOLOs, descriptions, and roadblocks. I belive that LE believes they have the perp, and that they believe he acted alone. I just want to know a little more as to the how and why.

IMHO the evidence that they have to arrest him (given the timeline of the survellience and the arrest) is more than likely at this time circumstantial.

I am one of the many members here on WS that wants to see forensic evidence when it is revealed. I also want to know about the trial.

Now does that mean I think he is innocent? No. It means that I, personally, want to see the factual evidence against RB.

But I do evaluate every fact as it comes out and then I base my opinion on those facts.

Right now I just don't have any facts other than what has been revealed about Jorelys. I have to admit I'm rather stunned that to this point we haven't heard any other crimes or abhorrent behavior from RB other than punching his dog in the nose as reported by a neighbor. I'm curious how a man RB's age goes from zero to 60 with one crime.

I don't think it's important that you or I have the DNA proof in front of us, I think it's important to trust LE has what they needed to make an arrest and that they will tell us when we need to know.

He could very well have committed other crimes against children, but if he was underage at the time, only LE would be privy to that information. Read this story, or just read this line because the story is impossible to comprehend:

Father Charged with Rape of 8 Day-Old Baby

"Police say Davis had no criminal record since turning 18, but could not say whether Davis had a juvenile RAP Sheet. The information could not be released under Arkansas state law, said investigators."

http://www.abc24.com/news/local/sto...of-8-Day-Old-Baby/gWsjkpvEAUSWeDaSwofKRA.cspx

Oh I found this...actually I made it. :)

In Memory of Jorelys Rivera - YouTube

Wow, Cat Thief, just WOW!! I was so, so very deeply moved by your video tribute this morning that all I could do was "thank" you, and then had to immediately try to put my "face" on to disguise the fresh round of tears that it brought before leaving for work...my boss and co-workers know me ALL too well!!

I was "called out" by no less than 6 people, who were deeply concerned that my distress was rooted in the seemingly daily challenges that I'm facing with my elderly parents these days. While relieved that we've seemed to hit a "status quo" for the time-being with my parents, it was most interesting to hear each of them vocalize, and emote, about this abomination for the first time since it happened once they knew what had me so upset. Once I "confessed" to driving to the "other side of the world" in ATL-speak, during rush hour traffic on a Friday evening no less, to participate in the viewing (that I had REALLY, REALLY hoped was a "visitation" as we call closed casket pre-funeral activities down here, with only a direct viewing by the family), hoping for nothing more than to be able to personally convey my sympathy and unyielding support to Jorelys' Mom while paying my respects.

The rest is history...I came here Friday night and eventually abandoned any effort to even attempt to articulate what the evening had meant to me, and its impact on me as a human. THANK YOU to the doubts of Bluesky #1 for FINALLY yanking me out of lurkdom on Sunday. While this case is torturing my very soul like none other in many years (not to say that I haven't been upset/PO'd beyond all reason about other cases), I want to make the fact VERY clear that while I am having nightmares, not sleeping, etc. I'm not sure I have a right to do so since I'm not part of the close-knit Canton community. I mean, there are so many HERE, including marazul, georgiagirl, magdalyn, Hickory Born, Stillettos, cat thief, and so many others who live in the immediate community that I almost feel like an intruder. If nothing else, I pledge my unwavering support through the coming difficult days as the case moves forward, and will gladly share any "new" information I may come across.

God bless and keep you, our beloved Jorelys. I just KNOW that you enjoyed your Daddy's special "coach" for you today!! You and your family are indelibly burned into my very soul...we'll try to take care of Mommy and your little sisters, as well as Daddy, like you would want us to. If nothing else, NONE of us will rest until we have full justice for you! If you can, smile down on us every now and again, as your absence has left a chasm in many souls.

Love you,

Westie Mom

I evaluate facts as they come in too. I bet I'm also one of many WS members who don't follow rumors or opinions posted as facts -especially posted as facts with no link. :innocent:

0 to 60 with one crime? RB MAY have, COULD have committed previous crimes and not been caught and or not been charged.

Maybe RB is a real natural born killer.

Maybe Jorely was his first kidnapped, raped, stabbed, bound and gagged victim. I personally doubt it. Then again all rapist, kidnappers, murderers start somewhere. imo

bbm

I don't think it's important that you or I have the DNA proof in front of us, I think it's important to trust LE has what they needed to make an arrest and that they will tell us when we need to know.

He could very well have committed other crimes against children, but if he was underage at the time, only LE would be privy to that information. Read this story, or just read this line because the story is impossible to comprehend:

"Police say Davis had no criminal record since turning 18, but could not say whether Davis had a juvenile RAP Sheet. The information could not be released under Arkansas state law, said investigators."

http://www.abc24.com/news/local/sto...of-8-Day-Old-Baby/gWsjkpvEAUSWeDaSwofKRA.cspx

:( That made me cry.
vlpate,
I appreciate reading your take on things. The article you linked was a perfect example of the court system protecting minors.

(respectfully snipped)

Now does that mean I think he is innocent? No. It means that I, personally, want to see the factual evidence against RB. But I do evaluate every fact as it comes out and then I base my opinion on those facts.

BBM... I think there must be something in the history that we are not seeing or has not released to the public since he was a minor. There is just something not sitting right about the whole family situation.

Eighteen year-old stabbed at River Ridge Apartment Complex in October 2011

CANTON, Ga. -- Rumors were flying Tuesday at the apartment complex where 7-year-old Jorelys Rivera was murdered. There's talk now of a second suspect and some residents are so much on edge they're talking about moving out.

"Yeah they're moving out. Some of them are," a resident told us.

It's easy to understand why people are nervous. On October 5th there had been a stabbing at the River Ridge apartments in Canton.

It's easy to see how rumors get started and people start to panic. Residents had said it was an 8-year-old boy who'd been stabbed but we got our hands on the police report and discovered the victim was 18-years-old and that three people had already been arrested in that case.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article...s-fear-in-Jorelys-Rivera-murder-investigation

Not sure if this is a reprint or not. This article has some information I've missed.

http://www.thedahloneganugget.com/p...rl &id=16684093&instance=breakingNews_article

snip
GBI public information officer John Bankhead said that Brunn had no relationship with Rivera prior to her abduction.

snip
GBI agents began working with the Lumpkin County Sheriff's Office soon after Rivera's abduction as they interviewed local family members of Brunn and surveilled different areas throughout the county

Read more: The Dahlonega Nugget - Former Lumpkin County resident charged with murder of Canton girl

BBM... I think there must be something in the history that we are not seeing or has not released to the public since he was a minor. There is just something not sitting right about the whole family situation.

I agree. There will be more to this story. I'm interested to see what the GBI digs up on his past.

and I, as well, would love to hear LE say "we have definitive forensic evidence" or something like that. I understand that it is an ongoing investigation, and I understand that their job is to keep the case secure for prosecution, not to satisfy the curious public, but I would love to hear something more than "we are convinced", I want to hear "we have evidence proving."
I agree that if they had another suspect, there would be a public manhunt with BOLOs, descriptions, and roadblocks. I belive that LE believes they have the perp, and that they believe he acted alone. I just want to know a little more as to the how and why.

I totally agree with your post and your feelings. While I know we should believe LE it is hard for me because of the facts that we do have.

RB is new to the area.
RB has no previous record that we are aware of.
RB's friends all say he was easy going, maybe a punk, but not capable of doing this.
I checked him out when he was arrested and I saw no scratches, or wounds on him that you would think he would get. Maybe there were some that were not visible. Just don't know.
And such a speedy arrest.

I just wish we had one little bit of evidence that precipitated the arrest. And I will say that I have a deep nagging fear that if he is not guilty, it maybe covered up and he will still be tried. I just want to be convinced and right now I am not completely sure. There hasn't even been any reporting from the media. I would just like to know what is going on. The silence is deafening. jmo

I evaluate facts as they come in too. I bet I'm also one of many WS members who don't follow rumors or opinions posted as facts -especially posted as facts with no link. :innocent:

0 to 60 with one crime? RB MAY have, COULD have committed previous crimes and not been caught and or not been charged.

Maybe RB is a real natural born killer.

Maybe Jorely was his first kidnapped, raped, stabbed, bound and gagged victim. I personally doubt it. Then again all rapist, kidnappers, murderers start somewhere. imo

bbm

I haven't seen anyone post opinions or rumors as fact.

If anyone sees a rumor posted as fact it's against TOS and should be alerted on in order to let our mods know that it has happened and they can evaluate.

Opinions can always be shared I don't understand that comment?

JMHO.

I totally agree with your post and your feelings. While I know we should believe LE it is hard for me because of the facts that we do have.

RB is new to the area.
RB has no previous record that we are aware of.
RB's friends all say he was easy going, maybe a punk, but not capable of doing this.
I checked him out when he was arrested and I saw no scratches, or wounds on him that you would think he would get. Maybe there were some that were not visible. Just don't know.
And such a speedy arrest.

I just wish we had one little bit of evidence that precipitated the arrest. And I will say that I have a deep nagging fear that if he is not guilty, it maybe covered up and he will still be tried. I just want to be convinced and right now I am not completely sure. There hasn't even been any reporting from the media. I would just like to know what is going on. The silence is deafening. jmo

BBM

I just want to point out that though RB may be have been a new resident to Canton, he may have been quite familiar to the area. Canton and Dahlonega are only about 50 minutes apart at most. And if he was friends with his roommate before he got the job, he may have visted Canton many times. Heck, he may have visited this complex many times. :seeya:

BBM

I just want to point out that though RB may be have been a new resident to Canton, he may have been quite familiar to the area. Canton and Dahlonega are only about 50 minutes apart at most. And if he was friends with his roommate before he got the job, he may have visted Canton many times. Heck, he may have visited this complex many times. :seeya:

That is a very good point. Thank you for pointing that out. I bet he did visit there. Okay that gets rid of one of my concerns. Now help me some more. :)

That is a very good point. Thank you for pointing that out. I bet he did visit there. Okay that gets rid of one of my concerns. Now help me some more. :)

Lol.

Well, I also don't think two (?) of his, er, interesting character 'brothers' speaking to his defense means a hill of beans. (See Cindy Anthony.) And then a couple of high school friends? Oh yeah, the facebook friends of his that actually ATTENDED high school while he was 'home schooled'? They know the ins and outs and inner secrets of Ryan Brunn? And we haven't heard a peep from Ma or Dad. The silence is deafening there. And we all know that if they really wanted to talk, they'd just talk. (Again, see Cindy Anthony, lol.)

I don't really expect his brothers or 'friends' to say, "Well yeah, since he tortured and mutilated cats and dogs, I could totally see this coming!" Either he hid it from them or they knew about it and by hiding it/not stopping it/reporting it, they'd look horrible.

We have NO idea if he has a juvie record. He very well may. It may have sex crimes on it and it may have assault, cruelty to animals, we just don't know. It would be sealed.

I mentioned in another post (maybe 10 posts back) that Jorelys was a 50 pound (at most) 7 year old little girl. Extremely easy, IMO, for a grown male to subdue and incapacitate a small child without gaining a single defensive wound.

Think of all the other cases we follow where circumstantial evidence seems SO obvious, but yet, no arrest. The GBI was in and collecting evidence in that vacant apartment once found, and 24 hours later they made an arrest. IMO they have something more than circumstantial. :twocents:

The age of majority in the State of Arkansas is 18 and the mother was 15 years-of-age and living with her mother after she gave birth to her daughter.

If charges had been laid against Davis for statutory rape, would he have been allowed to visit the newborn?

<snipped>

FORREST CITY, AR &#8211; Police say a Forrest City, Arkansas man has been charged with raping his 8 day-old baby.

According to a police report, officers were called to the Forrest City Medical Center, September 1, 2008, about a baby that had been sexually assaulted.

Forrest City police say the baby also had a skull fracture and had to be transferred to the Arkansas Children&#8217;s Hospital in Little Rock because of the severity of the injuries.

Investigators say the father attacked the infant during a visit at her 15 year-old mother's house. Police say other people were at the home at the time of the assault.

Police say the infant&#8217;s father, 18 year-old Reginald Davis, has been charged with Rape and Second-Degree Battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaye 502