TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke with Karen's cousin yesterday. It was actually kind of weird because she looks so much like Karen and speaks like her. She was talking about how sad this is and wanting to find out what happened. My mom said "you know, they have to rule out David first." She said "I know, and he is scared. But I told him that if he's not guilty, there is nothing to be scared about." She doesn't believe David had anything to do with it. She has gone to be with the family a few times since Karen went missing.

About my post yesterday... I'm sorry that I mentioned something that was on her private FB page. I was not trying to start rumors or spread rumors. This was a statement that disturbed me and I was wondering if this is a friend who knows what happened. I will watch what I say from now on and as far as topix, I don't read that. I am not hear to try to spread rumors, only help with facts that I know and learn what I don't. And for the record, I think the swinging rumors are just that... rumors. People will say anything to make this case more interesting. That, is just sad.

I am still here thinking about and praying for justice for Karen. I am so terribly sad for her 4 kids. I can't imagine the pain that they are feeling.

Swinging rumors are rediculous! When would she ever have the time?? 4 kids, right??? Going through a divorce, working her butt off to make ends meet? Really??? I remember in the Kyron case this stuff came up and I think it is just internet trolls trying to start trouble. By all accounts, this was a hard working, caring mother who was killed and taken away from her family way too soon. JMO

I see we don't have an arrest today either.
Frustrating.
I really appreciate the aerial photos.
I realize that the easiest culprit would be the husband.
I can't point my finger at him yet. Just a feeling I have.
Not to belabor the point, but I see the same type of above ground pool at the Swift's as there was at the Bobo home.
A little off topic, but yesterday while I was at home alone with my dog, I heard banging on my front door.
So hard it frightened me.
Snuck around thru the dining area to see who it could be.
Was a guy who had recently been going thru the neighborhood wanting to do handyman work.
He gave me a funny feeling when I first saw him. Wanted to look at my shingles on the back of my house.
Needless to say I wasn't taking him in the backyard.
Long story short, after I didn't go to the door, I heard him twisting the doorknob.
That's right. He was trying the lock!
And then he was pacing back and forth talking to himself in my courtyard. You can't see in it from the street.
He was saying "but her car is here, but her car is here".
All this just to say it can happen in a second. One heartbeat.
If that door hadn't been locked, what would have happened?
That's the reason I have the gun loaded today.
Karen didn't know what was going to happen to her.
The mind of a killer (or predator) is something we can never really understand.
JMO

I don't have a gun but I have Cookie (she's all bark - no bite), I live in Walls, MS which is about 45 miles away from you and your post made me go over and lock the front door.

From my understanding, at this time there is no evidence that Karen was drunk, swimming, or drowned. There is no evidence that she was a swinger. All we know is that her brother said something about her having "different" friends. I assumed that because Karen was into health and fitness, her lifestyle may have seemed different to people that are not interested in yoga and fitness. Maybe she has a couple of gay friends that she met through yoga ... who knows. This is the statement that many are twisting into all sorts of strange tales:

JOHNSON: I know she`s got some friends that are -- they`re a little different, I guess. I don`t know how --

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1111/21/ng.01.html

With all due respect, I think the opposite would be true. moo

To see him on crutches days after his wife goes missing is suspicious. That would be as incriminating as if he had scratch marks on his face.

DS had surgery on his patella/kneecap in April of 2011. After 8 weeks recovery at home, he could have returned to his job and would continue to improve over the next six months. By the time, Karen went missing, he would have been nearly completely recovered.

Some of the things that can interfere with, or reverse the healing process and necessitate the use of crutches, would be activities such as, jumping, rotation or twisting of the joint, walking on uneven terrain, and lifting over 40 pounds. All cases are treated individually and are dependent on age, condition and expectation of the patient.

I'm just sayin :cow:

Regarding recurring injury pain - When I get overly stressed, my back tends to get painful (I had back surgery several years ago). I'm not sure if that's normal, but wanted to add my IMO.

Regarding recurring injury pain - When I get overly stressed, my back tends to get painful (I had back surgery several years ago). I'm not sure if that's normal, but wanted to add my IMO.

After a mountain biking accident, I had knee surgery. I was on crutches immediately after the surgery, but within a couple of weeks I didn't need them again. I had to be careful not to land and pivot the wrong way, as that could result in pain ... but I never needed crutches again even though I managed to land and pivot the wrong way several times. I don't know why Karen's husband would need crutches again after Karen's disappearance unless he torn something again and was completely unable to put weight on his leg. I can't imagine anyone would be so careless as to severely injure a knee wihtin months of a serious injury as the normal reaction is to be cautious while building confidence in returning to normal activities.

I don't have a gun but I have Cookie (she's all bark - no bite), I live in Walls, MS which is about 45 miles away from you and your post made me go over and lock the front door.

I used to live in Walls! Anyone living as close to "Memfus" as that needs to have their doors locked and a big dog!!!

just reading some old articles - does this mean she had 2 cell phones:

snipped...

"The department has a tremendous amount of electronic data on Karen Swift," said Box. "But, we are still asking the public if they have any information about her to contact us. We are looking for anybody that has similar text messages. There may be some messages that didn't show up in our phone records. And she may have sent them from another phone.

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1792485.htm

TB this particular post of yours is being referenced at other places for some unknown reason. It will be all twisted around soon.

Haven't been on this certain post in a few days, just catching up on my reading to see if any new evidence has been told? or an arrest?? Karen's family is constantly on my mind and in my prayers....

Ive been on the topix site reading and i posted early on before I found out about this wonderful site and I will say this, topix posters are so rude! they love gossip and spreading gossip, so i will no longer read that garbage!! Hope everybody is having a good day!!

I get sad when there are no new Google News results, and very little movement on this thread. I certainly hope LE makes an arrest soon.

Me too...Sheriff Box is being very very quite about this case....I wonder how long it takes to get DNA evidence back?

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1796485.html

Chief Investigator Terry McCreight stated on Monday the medical examiner's office in Memphis had not sent their findings and noted it may take awhile before they complete it.

Sheriff Box stated on Monday, Dec. 12, his department was pursuing the case as a murder investigation due to the placement of Swift's body and apparent injuries to it.

I spoke with Karen's cousin yesterday. It was actually kind of weird because she looks so much like Karen and speaks like her. She was talking about how sad this is and wanting to find out what happened. My mom said "you know, they have to rule out David first." She said "I know, and he is scared. But I told him that if he's not guilty, there is nothing to be scared about." She doesn't believe David had anything to do with it. She has gone to be with the family a few times since Karen went missing.

About my post yesterday... I'm sorry that I mentioned something that was on her private FB page. I was not trying to start rumors or spread rumors. This was a statement that disturbed me and I was wondering if this is a friend who knows what happened. I will watch what I say from now on and as far as topix, I don't read that. I am not hear to try to spread rumors, only help with facts that I know and learn what I don't. And for the record, I think the swinging rumors are just that... rumors. People will say anything to make this case more interesting. That, is just sad.

BBM. I've been thinking about this line from your post. I feel that if David had absolutely nothing to hide, he wouldn't be scared because he would be working very closely with LE. I truly, from the bottom of my heart hope that he is innocent for those children, but if he's scared, then he could very well have a reason to be scared.

Here is an article regarding the memorial accounts set up to aid the Swift family. I'll definitely be sending a small check to this account for the holidays. Preston, her oldest son, is listed as the executor. It's interesting to me (though not surprising) that Preston is executor. It makes sense, of course, but I guess some would argue that David is still her husband, and should be executor.

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1796479.html

Here is an article regarding the memorial accounts set up to aid the Swift family. I'll definitely be sending a small check to this account for the holidays. Preston, her oldest son, is listed as the executor. It's interesting to me (though not surprising) that Preston is executor. It makes sense, of course, but I guess some would argue that David is still her husband, and should be executor.

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1796479.html

But Karen was not the main financial provider for these children, was she? I got the impression she was struggling to make money. If so, not quite understanding the need for $ for kids, right now...JMO

But Karen was not the main financial provider for these children, was she? I got the impression she was struggling to make money. If so, not quite understanding the need for $ for kids, right now...JMO

Regardless of how little income Karen was making at he time of her death, I'm certain she would have worked hard to help those children with every penny she could throughout the rest of her life. Clothing, food, education, college for 4 children is a lot. I realize the 2 boys are older, and will be able to make a living for themselves in the near future, but I think a memorial account like this one is completely appropriate. My 2 cents. :)

No, she wasn't. David has a very good job, thankfully. I am all for helping people; I am unclear about the need in this situation. Perhaps someone else can enlighten. I am not saying there is not one--I am just unaware.

There has been much tragedy in our small community in the past several months. A lot of financial support has been rendered and I am certain that it will continue.

Also, I think it goes without saying that there is a chance David could be the main suspect in Karen's death, and therefore unable to provide for his children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member