Defense wants prosecutor Jeff Ashton held in contempt

All I can say is I hope Perry is done bending over backward in favor of the defense. If he in fact told Ashton he could write based on memory and notes, he better own that when time comes to rule on this Motion. It has been given far too much already.

I have NO faith in Perry ever doing the right thing. I lay the result of the farce of a trial at his doorstep. He needs to issue an apology to the public for implying people would be harming FCA. We don't have royalty in our country, but some members of the judicial system are close to it.

Am I right that Lizabeth Fryer wrote the Ashton motion but Mason filed it?
The reason I'm asking is because Mason said he hasn't read Ashton's book and if he wrote the motion then how would he know what was in the book, wouldn't that be hearsay if he was just following blogs or forums? If Liz wrote the motion then maybe she read the book and reported back to Mason.
Heavy Sigh, these people make me tired. For the life of me I wish they would drop that hot potato already and stop looking to make money off of it at the exspense of tax payers.

The reason I'm asking is because Mason said he hasn't read Ashton's book and if he wrote the motion then how would he know what was in the book, wouldn't that be hearsay if he was just following blogs or forums? If Liz wrote the motion then maybe she read the book and reported back to Mason.
Heavy Sigh, these people make me tired. For the life of me I wish they would drop that hot potato already and stop looking to make money off of it at the exspense of tax payers.
I guess based on the OS's request (and reasoning) for the depos, the DT is *advertiser censored*uming what is in the book. And you know what they say about too much of that. lol

While I see your point wonders about the taxpayers, I'm wondering if you accidentally hit the off button on your sense of humour? Cause I know you have one.

Look at it this way. So the Judge says to Mason - what's the problem here - why have you filed the motion? What is it you are objecting to? What book? What page? What quote?

What? Are you telling me you haven't read the book but you've "heard" he's quoted a sealed document? But you haven't seen it with your own eyes? Um...ah...isn't that heresay?

There's the door Mr. Mason......:floorlaugh:

While I see your point wonders about the taxpayers, I'm wondering if you accidentally hit the off button on your sense of humour? Cause I know you have one.

Look at it this way. So the Judge says to Mason - what's the problem here - why have you filed the motion? What is it you are objecting to? What book? What page? What quote?

What? Are you telling me you haven't read the book but you've "heard" he's quoted a sealed document? But you haven't seen it with your own eyes? Um...ah...isn't that heresay?

IIRC the Motion whines about Ashton making money off book sales and is asking the court to do something about him being able to continue to sell the book. That's my wording but it is how I interepreted the Motion. I found this a bit odd even for this attorney because I do not see how the court could order book sales stopped. I mean, this is America where, if Ashton is speaking in his own words and not actually publishing verbatim a court-sealed document, freedom of speech comes into play.

I suppose the DT is just amassing an arsenal for its showdown on the depos. I don't see the Judge unsealing those...but who knows...didn't one of the doctors already appear on national tv?

I'm confused...why isn't Baez's name on this motion? There's a side of me that's hoping he's otherwise engaged with the Florida Bar.

Look guys. This AIN'T, and I repeat, AIN'T gonna happen. Don't hold your breath, there is NO Oxygen in this forum. :seeya:

JA is on Dr. Phil's show today. Has anyone seen the show earlier today? I know it is on at different times throughout the US. I have no idea when it is on in my area and can't seem to find it listed. Everyone must be returning gifts, lol.

JA is on Dr. Phil's show today. Has anyone seen the show earlier today? I know it is on at different times throughout the US. I have no idea when it is on in my area and can't seem to find it listed. Everyone must be returning gifts, lol.

Here it's on in 10 minutes.
Origional air date: 11-16-11.
So this is a repeat.
CBS is broadcasting the "Dr". Phil show here.......

I guess based on the OS's request (and reasoning) for the depos, the DT is *advertiser censored*uming what is in the book. And you know what they say about too much of that. lol

I think LF read the book. I think she is efficient and meticulous with her work. IMO she sits on the wrong side of the aisle. She could be a good prosecutor IMO.
I could say more, but won't.

IIRC the Motion whines about Ashton making money off book sales and is asking the court to do something about him being able to continue to sell the book. That's my wording but it is how I interepreted the Motion. I found this a bit odd even for this attorney because I do not see how the court could order book sales stopped. I mean, this is America where, if Ashton is speaking in his own words and not actually publishing verbatim a court-sealed document, freedom of speech comes into play.

exactly, 2 issues in the Motion:

1) information used in sealed documents (which we KNOW Ashton did not have to use since he did have detailed noted & a recollection of what was in the sealed documents) &

2) profiting off the sales of the book

but, this book is about the prosecution of FKC, not the "murder of Caylee". Gotta find that old motion (if there is one) about profiting off this case

I think LF read the book. I think she is efficient and meticulous with her work. IMO she sits on the wrong side of the aisle. She could be a good prosecutor IMO.
I could say more, but won't.

She is good at what she does because she follows the law. I don't think her heart is in prosecution. I think she enjoys what she is doing, research, and she is very good at what she does. I just don't think she has the passion to argue a case for either defense or prosecution. You have to admit both JB and CM do have that passion. lol jmo

I've been sitting here trying to answer your post LG and because of my ADD or OCD or even a combination of both am having a hard time.

I will say I have no sense humor when it comes to tax payers money at all. Your senairo is exactly what I see and it's a flipping waste and makes me mad as HELL-O.

Here it's on in 10 minutes.
Origional air date: 11-16-11.
So this is a repeat.
CBS is broadcasting the "Dr". Phil show here.......

Well carp, I thought it was going to be new...that there was some sort of announcement. Bummer.

Slightly ot, but JA is scheduled to be on Vinnie Politan today.

Vinnie Politan, HLN.The Story is on! I don't see any thing about JA???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back