ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so Trista filed for parental rights and responsibilities and NOT sole custody of Ayla,the day before Ayla goes missing. Doesn't she already have rights and responsibilities since she is the mother? I really don't have a clue about the legalities of child custody, etc.

As folks mentioned previously, Matou, the understanding is that in order to receive child support, Trista had to file for parental rights and responsibilities.

This case is very distrubing to me too. I'm probably going to get a lot of flack over this-but something just rubs me wrong about the mom, i don't think she has anything to do with the baby disappearing but something just gets me about her, idk what it is. last night on NG the moms father was on there and its just like they're playing a blame game or something. Bring this baby home safe!! I like to hear what the dad has to say in person on camera, but it's probably in his best interest if he'd stay away from the media right? Just seems like more and more theres babies missing with out a trace, something has to be done!!!

I agree with you...she rubs me wrong way too. I just don't understand. She goes on a national news program and instead of begging for the return of her daughter, she basically whines about the father not talking to her. It is so strange to me. And then the last line of her interview even makes me more crazy. She says he was the last person to see her alive..alive? Now if she thought that Justin got wind of the custody filing and moved her to a new location and her daughter was happy and playing and taken care of, I could see her maybe going to New York and getting the star treatment. But, if I truly thought my child was dead, I would be inconsolable. This case makes no sense to me at all.

This case is very distrubing to me too. I'm probably going to get a lot of flack over this-but something just rubs me wrong about the mom, i don't think she has anything to do with the baby disappearing but something just gets me about her, idk what it is. last night on NG the moms father was on there and its just like they're playing a blame game or something. Bring this baby home safe!! I like to hear what the dad has to say in person on camera, but it's probably in his best interest if he'd stay away from the media right? Just seems like more and more theres babies missing with out a trace, something has to be done!!!

I agree! On the surface she is every bit the upset and frantic mother, but then so was Susan Smith. I in no way mean to imply she did anything of that sort or at all to Ayla, I just mean I personally think she's as equal a possibility as the Dad as being involved in whatever it is that happened to Ayla. I'll admit I hold a huge amount of hope that one of the two has her just stashed away and it all boils down to custody issues and imo the person who has the most to gain from that scenario is TR.

I agree with you...she rubs me wrong way too. I just don't understand. She goes on a national news program and instead of begging for the return of her daughter, she basically whines about the father not talking to her. It is so strange to me. And then the last line of her interview even makes me more crazy. She says he was the last person to see her alive..alive? Now if she thought that Justin got wind of the custody filing and moved her to a new location and her daughter was happy and playing and taken care of, I could see her maybe going to New York and getting the star treatment. But, if I truly thought my child was dead, I would be inconsolable. This case makes no sense to me at all.

Exactly, its like she's using this event, Ayla missing, as a forum for a court of public opinion against the father. But then, I suppose if it were my child and this happened in her fathers or anyones care, I'd be infuriated as well. It doesn't take long for grief to turn to anger and anger is always easier with a target.

If Mom has really made efforts to talk to the Dad and he refuses, I would probably be both angry and suspicious...she says she wants to hear from him what happened that night and he won't tell her.

I agree. Something is not right in mom's camp, imo.

OK so Trista filed for parental rights and responsibilities and NOT sole custody of Ayla,the day before Ayla goes missing. Doesn't she already have rights and responsibilities since she is the mother? I really don't have a clue about the legalities of child custody, etc.

Interview Dec 23rd:
TR: He would help me out, he'd take care of her until I was on my feet. We've been unable to actually get along the last few weeks and "parent" together.
Reporter: Reynolds said she filed paperwork on Thursday to get full custody of the toddler, one day before Ayla went missing, but says she hadn't told Ayla's father.
TR: He didn't know I went to file them. He'll know now but I haven't told him and no one told him.

BUT THEN THIS MORNING SHE SAYS:
Today Show Dec 29th:
Q: I have to ask you at the end here. You filed for sole custody of Ayla the day before she disappeared, did you have anything to do with her disappearance? Or did you send anyone up to that house to take your baby back?
TR: No. And I didn't file for sole custody. All I filed for was parental rights and responsibilities. That's it. It wasn't sole custody.

There are always these kinds of weird inconsistent statements coming from Mom that really bother me.

Interview Dec 23rd:
TR: He would help me out, he'd take care of her until I was on my feet. We've been unable to actually get along the last few weeks and "parent" together.
Reporter: Reynolds said she filed paperwork on Thursday to get full custody of the toddler, one day before Ayla went missing, but says she hadn't told Ayla's father.
TR: He didn't know I went to file them. He'll know now but I haven't told him and no one told him.

BUT THEN THIS MORNING SHE SAYS:
Today Show Dec 29th:
Q: I have to ask you at the end here. You filed for sole custody of Ayla the day before she disappeared, did you have anything to do with her disappearance? Or did you send anyone up to that house to take your baby back?
TR: No. And I didn't file for sole custody. All I filed for was parental rights and responsibilities. That's it. It wasn't sole custody.

There are always these kinds of weird inconsistent statements coming from Mom that really bother me.

Not sure but this sounds like she filed for rights to say visitation and being involved in major decisions etc... so maybe joint custody but not physical custody?

Still, I would be shocked to learn that Mom or someone she sent was able to get into that little house and take Ayla, with probably at least 3 adults there sleeping, as well as the other child...and out without a peep.

I wonder, is there any eyewitness that actually saw Ayla the day she went missing ? A lot of these cases lately seem to hinge on the fact that no one sees these babies for many hours if not days before they are reported missing. Are we to assume that people are wandering into houses unobstructed and stealing babies...it's become bloody epidemic. If we are going to pretend to believe this story every time a parent loses their baby overnight, we can expect to hear many more stories along these lines. How sad we can't prosecute people who lose their babies due to negligence and/or design.

Rant over....for now

Still, I would be shocked to learn that Mom or someone she sent was able to get into that little house and take Ayla, with probably at least 3 adults there sleeping, as well as the other child...and out without a peep.

Do we have any kind of floor plan?

I agree guys.....the 1st time i ever heard her talk all she was doing was badmouthing the father...my dad even was like she didn't even act upset....maybe she was in shock, but I would be begging for my child to be found ALIVE not badmouthing the child's dad...just my opinion.....and i caught that too, the last person to see her ALIVE, how does she know she's not alive....

Re: Searches

"After a nearly two-week search for a 20-month-old girl who disappeared from her home, Maine wardens on Wednesday wrapped up work that involved combing woods, fields, private properties and waterways from the ground and air, Waterville police said.

Police chief Joseph Massey said searches of many of those areas for Ayla Reynolds, especially near Ayla's home in a residential neighborhood, were repeated "to make sure that no evidence of Ayla's disappearance would be missed." The wardens have conducted the searches with help from firefighters and civilian search groups.

Massey said in a statement that wardens also have performed many targeted searches based on various tips, as well as direction from investigators. He said authorities have received about 370 tips from the public, many coming after a $30,000 privately funded reward was offered Monday for information leading to Ayla's safe return.

Massey said the Maine Warden Service will continue to be available if necessary for future searches."

"Police acknowledged Wednesday that they have been very selective in releasing information about the case, saying they do not want to compromise their investigation. But investigators have concluded that the toddler did not leave her house on her own."

I agree guys.....the 1st time i ever heard her talk all she was doing was badmouthing the father...my dad even was like she didn't even act upset....maybe she was in shock, but I would be begging for my child to be found ALIVE not badmouthing the child's dad...just my opinion.....and i caught that too, the last person to see her ALIVE, how does she know she's not alive....

I did not take it to mean that she thinks Ayla is dead...just that she has to take J's word for everything, since he was the last to see her (alive and well, presumably.) I don't think she is especially articulate.

I feel almost 100% that one or the other knows where this child is...it is way too coincidental that the day after Mom files, the same week that Dad says he has been getting texts about someone taking her, the same day she misses her scheduled appointment, poof, she is gone from a house packed full of people. And Dad seems to have had the better access and opportunity, with at least an equal motive, IMO. How does Mom get in there, or whomever she sends in her place? I don't have a floorpan, but the photos show a very small house, barely looks to be 1000 sq. feet.

Maybe Dad feels he is doing the best thing for Ayla by keeping her from Mom...if that is what this is, it has gone on too long. Searchers could have been injured, thousands of dollars have been spent, etc...same goes for Mom. It's no joke to pull something like this.

IMO, there is no random boogie man...not in this case, not in most of the cases we see here. And yet babies are missing all over the place and no one is charged. I think if a parent does not know where their child is, they should be charged with neglect, period. JMOJMOJMOJMOJMO

Do we have any kind of floor plan?

I haven't seen a floor plan. But I read that the two toddlers were in an attic bedroom. The house looks exactly like the New England cottage that my husband grew up in upstate Massachusetts. He also had an attic bedroom as a child. The stairs are very steep and small. And I believe it would be pretty noisy unless the stairs were carpeted.

He did tell me that he and his brother used to sneak out of their house when their parents were asleep because they had an attic window that led to a ladder they used to place there. So who knows?

Ok, this is where I am stuck here. According to the transcripts, no one... except dad has seen her recently, no one has vouched for her whereabouts before her disappearance, unless I missed something. This sounds a lot like Sky's case, and I can't help but think that something terrible befell this little girl in the days proceeding her dr's appt. That would explain why he didn't take her to the dr, and since mom has filed for parental rights he would have to be able to produce the child at some point very soon. I'm beginning to believe that he knew he couldn't produce the child, so he had to come up with something. I hate to think that, but that is the only scenario I can seem to make sense of right now. Am I way off base here???

Ok, this is where I am stuck here. According to the transcripts, no one... except dad has seen her recently, no one has vouched for her whereabouts before her disappearance, unless I missed something. This sounds a lot like Sky's case, and I can't help but think that something terrible befell this little girl in the days proceeding her dr's appt. That would explain why he didn't take her to the dr, and since mom has filed for parental rights he would have to be able to produce the child at some point very soon. I'm beginning to believe that he knew he couldn't produce the child, so he had to come up with something. I hate to think that, but that is the only scenario I can seem to make sense of right now. Am I way off base here???

Since we have heard not a word from his side of the family, I don't think we know when she was last seen...I hope LE knows...

The only thing that makes me have some faith in the Dad's side is that he lived with his mom and sister and his baby niece. Would his mother and sister
live with him and cover up the murder of his baby? I wish we knew more about his family. But I believe that if there was criminal history or violence and drug abuse in their past that mom would have pointed that out already.

Since we have heard not a word from his side of the family, I don't think we know when she was last seen...I hope LE knows...

I sure hope so. I just keep seeing that he wouldn't let mom see or speak with her, (totally right out of CA case) and Ayla didn't make it to her dr's appts. I just can't help thinking that something happened and this is just a cover up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member