GUILTY AR - Dawna Natzke, 46, Hot Springs Village, 21 Dec 2011

---dawna's best friend commented on this pic of him and his son..( so we know it IS him.)

Patricia H-- i love his green eyes!!!!! it was nice hanging with u and ahhhhhhh whats her name this weekend!!! lol be safe driving back to work!!
May 31 at 12:26am

kevinduck.jpg

Kevin Duck

Facebook:
Lives in Jessieville, Arkansas----From Forest Hill, Louisiana

--college: Hot Springs Rehabilitation Center ACTI

Wow, he looks older than 28.

We have been there often. For those who don't know the area, it's DENSELY forested and very sparsely populated. Lots of piney woods. It would be fairly easy to conceal her whereabouts, forever, in that forest.

What is the distance (in approximate miles) between the "Village" and the State Park? Thanks-

Why, would her job as a dispatcher bring her into contact with him at the ACTI? Just wondering. TIA. :)

--no idea.

--i was just throwing possibilities out there!

--it would be interesting to know how these 2 hooked up..

The party was on Montanoso in HSV. Her home, as mentioned earlier here, is on Rota Lane in HSV. The Village itself is a dense, sparsely populated area that looks like a national park.

The link below shows:

A - Location of party on Montanoso
B - Dawna's home on Rota Lane
C --Quachita State Park Entrance (distinct from surrounding NATIONAL Forest)
D --Approximate location of burned car (I would very much like to see a specific GPS on this..)
E --Address of Luther Conway Duck's business/Home address in Jessieville, AR

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=M...MhzF4m1yXTFaCDg&vpsrc=0&mra=ls&via=1&t=h&z=11

One issue I can't resolve is how the perpetrator of the car burning got from D to E or B either one without assistance. Could he/she have ran from the location of the car (D) to (E), and if so, how long might that have taken? Did Duck have his own vehicle at Dawna's home prior to and/or after the party at A? Did the arsonist have third party help with a ride out of the forest? Or walk?

I know of a man who, out of rage because of being dumped, sprinkled gasoline on the woman and set her ablaze. Inside a car. Incredibly gruesome. :( So that came to my mind and I pray it isn't so.

Let there be a miracle today and Dawna be found. Praying hard.

Why, would her job as a dispatcher bring her into contact with him at the ACTI? Just wondering. TIA. :)

After an accident and brain injuries my sister stayed here. I went everyday and I could be wrong but I think it is for disabilities period.

I would not think there is any connection, again could be wrong.

oops wrong place My sister was at the Rehab HOSPITAL. The minute I saw Rehab I assumed....should have read again.

The Rehab place is quite large, I hated it , it is spooky. I used to sneak her out as often as I could.

Wow, you all have been very busy, I'm so happy to see more info!! So, It's a good 20 minute drive from Hot Springs Village, six miles down Highway 298 and onto a rough patch of puddles and ruts before you reach the tree canopy-covered road where Dawna Natzke's charred car was discovered Sunday.

If Mr Duck did this, then someone had to have picked him up, or, he had this all planned ahead of time and had that "fo willa" somewhere hidden close to the area where Dawna's car was found. JMHO

I can't help thinking that LE is considering a possible suicide? Depending upon the text perhaps? But then, where is she? Not that easy to hide your own body. Anyway just a thought from reading between the lines...JMO

Your post reminded me of an incident that happened here about 20 years ago. I was attending college at a local extension (I live in a very rural area). At college, I got to know a guy and girl near my age -- they were twins, nice people, but they didn't seem to have a lot of friends. They were both kind of plain looking, chubby and shy. I add that because they weren't social butterflies, neither of them dated -- at least, it was never discussed in the course of any conversations we ever had together.

One day, the sister's burned out car is found on a back road that is not too highly travelled. Her remains are found inside. A few days later, rumors swirled around that she had been seen at a local gas station with two men and a gas can. The case was never solved, although the suicide theory was thrown out there, too.

We don't get a lot of crime out here, so it was pretty big news for a while.

Her job as a dispatcher would allow her to punch up his record in seconds. I can't imagine she didn't check out this guys history when she met him, being it was at her finger tips. If so she continued a relationship with him. So strange.

JMO

--Valhall's article:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/12/29/dawna-natzke-case-insight-into-hot-springs-village/

"By the way, a person close to the situation has informed me that unless something has changed just recently, Kevin Duck did NOT live with Dawna. He may have spent some nights at the house, and maybe even regularly, but as far as the source knows, he did not live there. He lives with his parents in a trailer house in Jessieville, a town not far from the location where the car was found."

--and, according to HIM, the night of the party, he was dropped off at his mom's house.

http://arkansasmatters.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=494067
--video--@ 1:approx 1:40

reporter: ( he declined to go on camera, but told us --)--"Nattzke dropped him off at his mother's home, saying she planned to return to the party....."

--( he then tells LE that he went to bed, and she was watching TV------which is it kevin ??? )

His story of Dawna going back to the party to pick up her mother is easy enough to verify. Just ask mom if that was the case. If this was the case wouldn't mom have been alerted to something wrong when Dawna didn't show back up at the party to pick her up after taking the BF home?

If Dawna did drop him off at his mothers home why would she go inside and sit down and watch TV in the first place? Wouldn't she go back to her own home?

From what I gather about the neighbor going to Dawna's home and asking family members about the strange text message and seeing no cause for alarm is that either Dawna lives with her family or they were at her house at this time maybe trying to find her. Does anyone know if Dawna lives alone or with her family?

All JMO

I am guessing that LE should know by now which version of events is true, re: Dawna dropping off boyfriend vs. watching TV for a while...it sounds as though there should have been witnesses to one event or the other? If he lives with his mother?

At least, I hope LE knows...

The only possible explanation I can think of, if the BF is NOT involved, is that Dawna committed suicide somewhere and her car was stolen by some joy riders and set ablaze where it was found. She left the phone in the car and the joy riders sent out the strange text. If this was the case and they were doing it as a joke I don't think they would have sent out just one text message to one person. They would have sent out many to different people in the contact list of Dawna's phone.

We know Dawna's friend said that she was down but didn't want to talk about it, so suicide could be a possibility, but unlikely given her relationship with her children. The possibility of Dawna's car being stolen by texting arsonist joy riders is even more unlikely.

I hope LE has secretly installed a GPS locator on the BF's vehicle. I think it is possible he might lead them to her body. (OK, I hope he is not reading here too)

JMO

What about when the boyfriend said the next morning she was gone and so was her car but he assumed she went to work?

Did she spend the night with him at his parent's house sometimes? Why would he say that if he was dropped off at his parent's house the night before?

Yep, unless he ran from D to E. Maybe what 4 miles if he overnighted in Jessieville? Young guy, adrenaline pumping? What time was the vehicle torched? Midnight? 5 a.m.? No traffic on many of the roads and not even the highway much after 10pm. How could he have done it alone?

The other "keep my mind open" thought this morning is on the premeditated vein. What "if" there were someone else who wanted the worst for Dawna? Someone coolhanded enough to destroy all evidence and avoid being seen? What a perfect guy Kevin would be to hang it on, eh -- prime suspect #1? Pre-meditated wouldn't be so tough for anyone who knew she had the following day off. Buys lots of time. And jokes on Kevin.

Keepin' it open in the face of 'wanna jump on Ducks..

Thank goodness!

Garland County resources are finally full force!

'...It was difficult terrain to search. But [Capt. Shelby of Garland County Sheriff's Dept.] Terry feels crews worked through it enough Thursday to determine: "At this point she's not two miles from here." You feel sure about that?" THV's Max Seigle asks. "I feel sure about that," Terry said.'

So.. no Dawna within two miles of the burn site. Burn site selected because..it was remote enough for flames to not be seen, but not so remote as to not be able to get out -- walk, run or vehicle AND it does or does NOT lead to Dawna herself? Wonder if NPS looked at tracks for multiple vehicles in those ruts on Thursday before HSVPD tow trucks, investigators etc arrived on Sunday?

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/article/187371/2/Search-efforts-continue-for-Dawna-Natzke

No info on alibi for bf; where was he From when they left the party at 11pm to 7 pm the next night when he reported he hadn't seen her?

Yep, unless he ran from D to E. Maybe what 4 miles if he overnighted in Jessieville? Young guy, adrenaline pumping? What time was the vehicle torched? Midnight? 5 a.m.? No traffic on many of the roads and not even the highway much after 10pm. How could he have done it alone?

The other "keep my mind open" thought this morning is on the premeditated vein. What "if" there were someone else who wanted the worst for Dawna? Someone coolhanded enough to destroy all evidence and avoid being seen? What a perfect guy Kevin would be to hang it on, eh -- prime suspect #1? Pre-meditated wouldn't be so tough for anyone who knew she had the following day off. Buys lots of time. And jokes on Kevin.

Keepin' it open in the face of 'wanna jump on Ducks..

Vehicle fires make a tremendous amount of black smoke with all the plastic, foam from the seats, carpeting and rubber. The car had to be torched when it was still dark or someone would have no doubt noticed the smoke.

Car on Fire & Exploding (HD) - YouTube

Why do these seemingly intelligent women (with children?) get mixed up with these kinds of men? I will never understand it...I did it, we all probably did it, when we were very young and foolish, like maybe aged 20...but a grown woman in her forties? It can't come to good...JMO

Mid-life crisis? I'm the same age as her...and for the life of me, I can't imagine getting involved with a 28 year old...it would be too creepy. But that's just me.

Hard to wrap my head around either a) she gave the 28-year-old-bf a ride home and then she, the 46-year-old-woman is going back to party; or

b) the 28-year-old-bf is going to bed, while she, the 46-year-old-woman is going to stay up and watch tv.

Take your pick, neither one sounds logical to me. But, hey, I"m the mom of a 23 year old, who can seemingly go for days on end without sleeping, and is always up for a party with friends.

ETA: Not meant to offend anyone who might be involved with a much younger/much older partner...I think it creeps me out because my son is in his 20s. Maybe if I had no children near that same age, it wouldn't even faze me, who knows?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back