IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have been addressed earlier, but doesn't it seem odd that MP would beat the child to death on THE FRONT STEPS of his trailer? I could see if it was in the woods, or in a deserted alley, but on his front steps? Even if it was the middle of the night, there was a chance that someone would be up and looking out their window, or walking the dog, or something. The mom herself could easily have walked out and seen that.

Has anyone looked at the layout of the front, versus the other trailers? It would have to be a unique situation to make that even slightly reasonable. (Or as reasonable as killing this child could ever be.)

When my DD was old enough to babysit, she was the only one in our subdivision who was. She kept her schedule on the calendar next to the phone and also a list of her "customers" phone numbers. I was always home when she sat. One evening I got home from work, she already had plans made way ahead to attend a bday party. My son said he was going to make some money, he was to babysit three little girls because she was not home. Oh no, you are not - and it was very close to the time the mother was to leave. I called her and said she would have to bring the kids to my house. She thought I was silly but did bring them, son had to color with them, watch cartoons with them, but I was here and watched them too. From then on he was instructed why he was not to accept any more babysitting jobs - he made his money by doing yard work. Of course he thought my protecting him was silly but now that he is grown, glad I did. Protecting our kids covers everything in their lives.

Thanks for your story, I totally understand you.

I think it's just sad our society is like that; that boys can't babysit, that Dads can't show affection for their child without someone looking at them "sideways". I understand why it is like that, but I don't like it!! We have become a very suspious society.... with good cause. But; where is it going to end?

BTW: My mother's husband was molested on many occasions when he was a 6 -8 years old. When he told the story, I took for granted it was a man who had raped him, but it was his female babysitter.

My mother's husband is 60 now and the woman who did that to him is still alive. She's like 85. I shrug when I think of other kids she has abused... and right now she just looks like a nice, old grandma. Yuck.

Ok, back to the case.....

Asked my Army retired hubby about this and he helped me find some links on this.

If the grandfather WAS receiving VA benefits - and then became a felon - his benefits would be lowered WHILE INCARCERATED (do we know if he served any time?) -- however - it also appears that his benefits can be apportioned.

All or part of the compensation not paid to an incarcerated veteran may be apportioned to the veteran's spouse, child or children, and dependent parents on the basis of individual need. In determining individual need, consideration shall be given to such factors as the claimant's income and living expenses, the amount of compensation available to be apportioned, the needs and living expenses of other claimants as well as any special needs, if any, of all claimants.

Incarcerated Veteran Program

I don't know the address that they lived in in Hagerstown MD, but I did a RSO search based on the school that Aliahna attended and there about 35-40 child offenders in a mile radius. But here's the thing - they are clustered into two areas. Each cluster is a few blocks. It sounds suspiciously like a trailer park with 15 out of 22 trailers having RSO's in them. Does anyone know the address or street that they lived on in Hagerstown?

Since Aliahna had been sexually molested at least twice before, in Iowa, I wonder if this family gravitated towards these kinds of areas?

This may have been addressed earlier, but doesn't it seem odd that MP would beat the child to death on THE FRONT STEPS of his trailer? I could see if it was in the woods, or in a deserted alley, but on his front steps? Even if it was the middle of the night, there was a chance that someone would be up and looking out their window, or walking the dog, or something. The mom herself could easily have walked out and seen that.

Has anyone looked at the layout of the front, versus the other trailers? It would have to be a unique situation to make that even slightly reasonable. (Or as reasonable as killing this child could ever be.)

BBM

:rolleyes: Nope. Remember - SHE WAS IN BED WITH THE FLU PARALYZED FROM THE WAIST DOWN. :rolleyes:

Sorry -- couldn't keep my fingers from typing........

I had to bring this over from the other thread:

Originally Posted by not_my_kids
I'm going to try to do this diplomatically, but I have seen this kind of home situation before.
The sending the kids off to other people, the unsafe number of people in one house, the constant moving and changing phone numbers.

Some call it poverty, and I've spent my whole life surrounded by it. I grew up in it, most of my siblings grew up in it and are living their lives now the same way they lived their lives when they were younger. No drive, no ambition, just, as others have said, survival.

The kids are usually fed, but fed well? Not so much. Instead of cooking, they buy prepackaged crap with food stamps, because it's easier and doesn't require too much clean up afterwards. Most of the time, it's convenience foods that the kids can microwave themselves. The heat might get shut off, or the car might not have gas to get the kids from school, but the internet always stays on. half the time you can't call because the cell phone ran out of minutes, and you simply have to wait until they switch to a company they don't owe, or they find a way to put more time on the phone.

The houses are usually dirty, and I see a lot of hoarding, they won't throw anything away, because they might need them later. Even the broken toys, and the outgrown clothes, everything mixed together, so the kids don't have anything nice to play with, and half the time, their clothes don't fit right, or anywhere near right. Coats and boots are usually not bought, so they wear the same jacket whether it's 50 degrees or -5, and the same tennis shoes year round.

I don't see that much abuse, but neglect is rampant. I can't tell you how many times I've asked after one of my nieces or nephews and been told, "Oh I don't know, it's so hard to keep track of that kid." Meaning that as long as they can call and be told the kid is fine or see them at some point between waking up or going back to sleep, they just assume the kid is okay. There's no checking of friends or babysitters, the kids simply go wherever their care is cheapest. There's no talking to them unless they do something wrong or the parent needs something.

The houses themselves are usually roach ridden all year, and flea ridden in the summer. Half the time the heater doesn't work and the other half of the time the air conditioner doesn't work. If they can pack three bunk beds in a room, they'll have six kids in the same room, or a couple kids sleep on couches or floors. The kids usually have to dodge broken windows, and broken down furniture, as well as everything else that the parents have the ability to fix, but not the drive. My sister and her four kids all lived in a 600 square foot travel trailer at one point. I have literally seen it all.

It's sickening, but it's life for a decent percentage of the country, and it doesn't matter what part.

This is so true, all of it.
BEM: And the other percentage can't imagine that this goes on - so it's hard to understand and easier to live in denial. Entitlements were not even mentioned, yet I know not_my_kids will agree, getting a check or assistance for each and every child is not much motivation to change. The neglect (which is abuse), gets passed from generation to generation until the abusers are baffled at the blame heaped on them when something this horrific happens to them, it's just how it is.

Very good post not-with-my-kids!

For those following my posts with regards to MP being arrested in NC back in 2007, and the article stating:

Accused Child Murderer Once Lived in Boone
Sheriff Len Hagaman said that Michael Plumadore was in Watauga and registered as a sex offender on November 29th of 2007 when found by a sex offender check, and found him to be a fugitive from Indiana at that time.

Original article is not online anymore and the update is clearly worded differently.
http://www.goblueridge.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14218

So for now, this is the latest that I have from Steve as of:
Thursday, December 29, 2011 1:18 PM

Hi Patty...

I've been called out of town on a family emergency, and have had limited communication. At a distance, I'm trying to find out if the former address for the shelter home he was living in had such a designation at one time, causing the confusion. But they've moved and most everyone I try to find is on some sort of limited schedule for the holiday week. I'm still trying, though.

Steve

I will continue to have contact with Steve, and won't give up until "goblueridge" clarifies what "globlueridge" wrote claiming what the Sheriff stated.

My goal for 2012 is to question the media every time I read something that just doesn't make sense. I am just so tired of stuff being put into articles and they have nothing to back up their statements, especially in this particular situation.

My goal for 2012 is to question the media every time I read something that just doesn't make sense. I am just so tired of stuff being put into articles and they have nothing to back up their statements, especially in this particular situation.

Great goal, but man, you are going to be so busy!!!

I understand that Detroit usually gets a bad rap, but there are some very nice areas of Detroit as well. Although I was born and raised in western Michigan, I am very familiar with metro Detroit. Personally, I find Flint, Michigan to be a scarier place in general than Detroit, and Flint has its nice areas as well. Also, some of the suburbs of Detroit are amongst the most affluent in the nation. Places like Plymouth, Northville, Bloomfield Hills, etc. come readily to mind. I couldn't help but respond; it is the second time that you mentioned Detroit. Just my perspective....

O/T: 25 year long Flint resident. And you are correct, I often forget to lock my doors driving through Detroit, but I never forget when I'm at home. Flint alone has 650 RSO's now, just within the borders of the city. We are a "safe haven" for them, I suppose. Flint is scary. Flint is why my five year old knows to lie down flat and cover his head when he hears "fireworks". Flint is why my kids have been taught to use code words, how to vomit and urinate on themselves at will if someone picks them up, why they know how to scream every obscenity ever created if someone tries to walk off with them, and it's why we have to play "Lockdown" here at home, a game where they have learned how to lock every door in the house, run to their rooms and hide under the blankets in their closet.

There are no nice areas left in Flint. I'm one of those that is financially stuck. Our house won't sell, it's in Flint, and well over a hundred years old. But I suppose the good thing is that my kids know how to fight, how to scream, when to tell, who to tell...My children are young, so I have to somehow present all this in ways that doesn't scare them too much. There is healthy fear, and the only upside to a place like this is that they learn it almost through osmosis.

I had to bring this over from the other thread:

[/B]

This is so true, all of it.
BEM: And the other percentage can't imagine that this goes on - so it's hard to understand and easier to live in denial. Entitlements were not even mentioned, yet I know not_my_kids will agree, getting a check or assistance for each and every child is not much motivation to change. The neglect (which is abuse), gets passed from generation to generation until the abusers are baffled at the blame heaped on them when something this horrific happens to them, it's just how it is.

Very good post not-with-my-kids!

The benefits don't help, but for the problems relating to the kids, neither are the options to limit the benefits. The state will put a cap on how long you can recieve welfare, like they did here in MI, and when the parents hit that cap, they move on to another state, where they continue their lifestyle with a whole new group of possibly dangerous people. Once again, something needs to change, but it's almost impossible to change the system in a way that it will change someone's lifestyle. It's baffling to me how someone can put the time, energy, and money into moving every couple years to stay ahead of the benefits, but can't put half of that into finding a job or improving themselves. Baffling.

In Ali's case, I see inconsistency. Another hallmark of families like these. Sometimes the family will have a steady income, mom or dad is making money, and there are extras. Clothes get bought, the car is running, sometimes the house is even clean. But it never lasts more than a few months. For a few days at a time, the parents cook dinner and then it's back to microwave slop or nothing at all. I only say this because from the outside, Ali's family looks so much like the people I grew up with. Constant moves, constant streams of people in and out of the house, questionable friends that no one seems to question, odd living arrangements.

And yes, when something happens to a child that has been put in this situation, the family is just as grief stricken and just as shocked as say, the Dugards, or the Smarts, or the Hagerman's. I think that in many cases, the adults in homes like this are just so numb to everything, due to the poverty and the pain they have lived with daily that they are also numb to danger, unless the danger is literally in their face, threatening them face to face in an active way, otherwise they don't see it.

If I had a nickel for every instance of child abuse or molestation that I know has personally happened because of this particular lifestyle, I could retire yesterday.

is he being charged today?

THe way I understand it, he was to have a hearing and be formally charged today. Yesterday they decided to push the hearing to next week, but he will still be formally charged and have his charges read to him today, I just don't think he will be appearing in court until next week. If I understand the news articles from yesterday, that's how it will go.

THe way I understand it, he was to have a hearing and be formally charged today. Yesterday they decided to push the hearing to next week, but he will still be formally charged and have his charges read to him today, I just don't think he will be appearing in court until next week. If I understand the news articles from yesterday, that's how it will go.

OK-Thanks

Melissa S. Godmother to Aliahna was also from Fort Wayne and now lives in Iowa. Also was friend of Michael Plumadore on FB. What is going on?

What kind of response when finding out your GOD DAUGHTER is found dead, May she rest in Peace with Grandfather and angels. Uhm, he was a convicted child molester! Then when I have read that she had on dress that she wore to grandfathers funeral on the last time she was seen and Aliahna wanted to sleep in Grandfather's chair that he was in. I'm getting SICK to my stomache! This is what's NORM to these families?

Just reading court documents on MP. He has a criminal sheet as long as a football field.....my mouth dropped open reading this, it was only in time he would murder somebody....this whole case makes me sick....and now finding out he's a RSO? I have an app on my phone that let's you know who is RSO's in your neighborhood, and theres like 4 houses down from me and theres about 6 RSO's living in 1 house...which scares me into not staying here by myself, and my little boy will never be out of my sight...i always tell my husband i want to move, but it's everywhere you go, very sad actually

What kind of response when finding out your GOD DAUGHTER is found dead, May she rest in Peace with Grandfather and angels. Uhm, he was a convicted child molester! Then when I have read that she had on dress that she wore to grandfathers funeral on the last time she was seen and Aliahna wanted to sleep in Grandfather's chair that he was in. I'm getting SICK to my stomache! This is what's NORM to these families?

Ummm....NO! Ali is not with her grandfather. There's a special place for people like her grandfather. :furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member