NY - LISK Bodies found as of December 10, 2011 Thread #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the one incident, on the blotter, that caught my eye was the owner who reported that some of the cushions on his furniture were missing/stolen. Not that it has anything to do with the LISK case but if we had numerous reports of cushions or carpets missing from beach rental properties then that might be significant.

No offense, but that makes absolutely no sense to me. Things get stolen from front porches or yards of places everywhere, all the time, beach towns included!

Same here! My thoughts after reading some of those were that someone may have been hiding out in empty homes.

No-one could possibly be hiding out in empty homes from May - Oct. because there are plenty of people out there and you would be taking a huge risk - it is highly likely that it would be noticed. These are small communities, and the people who own there and even renters are likely to notice what's going on around them. The rest of the year: how would you get there? The ferries don't run to most communities, or at all, and you'd stick out like a sore thumb on the ferry period. You have to have a special permit to drive there so if you were in a vehicle you'd stick out like a sore thumb too. There are people who live there year round, and there are also people who are paid to watch the properties. There are also parks people and police who patrol and again, you'd be running a risk because if you were seen by anyone, they'd investigate. Or remember you. It would be a lot of trouble and pretty risky.. It's not impossible, but it's not probable either. You could just as easily find an abandoned house somewhere on the mainland. I'm just saying - if there's no reason otherwise to think there's a Fire Island connection - if it looks like it could just be innocuous, it probably is.

This article about Officer John Malia says that he and his dog Blue started searching the Oak Beach area for Shannan a month after she disappeared and continued throughout the summer.

It was they who located Shannan's belongings last month.

You'd think it would have been easier to find them the first time around, and that they might have found the body too. I just wonder if the reason they didn't was because the body and belongings weren't there then.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/18/n...-for-bodies-key-role-for-officer-and-dog.html

Dwntwnslim, I wanted to share this link with you that SmoothOperator posted on the psychological markers thread. (Thanks SO:seeya:)

I thought you might find this profile interesting. My opinion of this killer from the beginning is that he is very tech saavy.

http://www.stalkinc.com/profile6.html

Partial Profile of Long Island, NY Serial Killer
(aka “The Sweet Talking Killer”)
posted 12/01/2011:

wm

Thanks for pointing this out. I appreciate you taking the time out to do so! I am familiar with this profile. When I read it, it was as if the perp wrote it himself. I found it when I was perusing that “other website”.

Btw, have you or anyone else seen that website. The way the admin has placed the words “Long Island Serial Killer” on Shannan Gilbert's Picture makes it look like the perp is marking his territory and/or signing his work, IMO. It's just sick and disgusting, IMO!

Hey Yall LI locals. Anyone know about On Time Trucking Inc in Farmingdale? I tried to visit the webpage but our servers here at work blocked it for some reason. Any info would be great. Especially if it involves burlap.

Nugtzer,

On Time Trucking is a local freight company. I see their trucks on Route 110 in Farmingdale a lot. Or at least I used to. I have a friend in the industry who works for Yellow Freight. I could ask him about them. Do you have any questions is particular?

They deliver every type of freight so I am sure they have delivered items in Burlap at one point or another. But They probably don't deal with Burlap on a regular basis. Mostly skids of boxes and equipment and stuff like that.

They have delivered to my job in the past when I worked in a Shipping / Receiving Department but that was in the 90's so I am not sure if they are still operational.

Let me know what I should ask my friend.

Nugtzer,

On Time Trucking is a local freight company. I see their trucks on Route 110 in Farmingdale a lot. Or at least I used to. I have a friend in the industry who works for Yellow Freight. I could ask him about them. Do you have any questions is particular?

They deliver every type of freight so I am sure they have delivered items in Burlap at one point or another. But They probably don't deal with Burlap on a regular basis. Mostly skids of boxes and equipment and stuff like that.

They have delivered to my job in the past when I worked in a Shipping / Receiving Department but that was in the 90's so I am not sure if they are still operational.

Let me know what I should ask my friend.

If they were delivering items, then who would have packed them? Would the sending party be the one responsible for packaging the items to be delivered, or do they bring the items to this company, who then packages the items and then ships/delivers them? I know that there are moving companies like ABF, where you are responsible for loading your items on the truck. The company then hitches their trucks to the trailer and drives the items to the specified delivery address.

Slightly off topic-Goathairjones, are you by chance a Stones fan? I am a die-hard Stones fan, and I can't help but smile and think of Brian Jones and the Goats Head Soup album when I see your posts.

This article about Officer John Malia says that he and his dog Blue started searching the Oak Beach area for Shannan a month after she disappeared and continued throughout the summer.

It was they who located Shannan's belongings last month.

You'd think it would have been easier to find them the first time around, and that they might have found the body too. I just wonder if the reason they didn't was because the body and belongings weren't there then.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/18/n...-for-bodies-key-role-for-officer-and-dog.html

what's interesting to me...the article above states that Mallia (2 - L's) lives at Brookhaven, NY...but if you look at veromi.com and other people searches, he previously lived only 6.7 mi from Manorville at Wading River, NY. - see John E. Mallia (if that is in fact the same person.)

And also interesting ....the article below states that Mallia searched Oak Beach "on a hunch" AND it was Waterman he was searching for...not Gilbert.

Long Island Advance, The (Patchogue, NY) - November 10, 2011

Police dog wins honors, American Kennel Club Award goes to Gilgo Beach canine
When 22-year-old Megan Waterman went missing in the summer of 2010 Suffolk County Police officer John Mallia and his cadaver sniffing dog, Blue, were called upon to look for the woman's remains.On a personal hunch, Mallia and Blue searched a desolate stretch of Long Island waterfront land known as Gilgo Beach. What they found was far more gruesome and disturbing than they ever had imagined."We found one body, and then a couple of days later they called us...

Purchase Complete Article, of 806 words (at www.newslibrary.com)

I'm 99% sure he doesn't have a GSM interceptor. Then again, if he is a trust fund baby..??
http://www.advanced-intelligence.com/telephone.html?1586#!au688
Is it too much for me to ask people to inbox me with POI's? I know we can't post names on here. I remember someone posting a POI in Amityville, one in Massapequa?

If he is so techy, why have the no cell phone rule? He could have easily had a jammer in the car. Those are cheap and then he would have their cell phone to do his 'taunting'. Something changed.

If someone wants to do some digging, research this area. I know real shady stuff happens around here at night. The streets running perpendicular to Edison Ave in West Babylon. Lots of weird strip clubs, if that's what you would call them. In an industrial area. Most of them aren't even listed in the phone book or google's directory.

Amber Costello is the one who left her phone at home.

Could the perp have already cloned and/or hacked/cracked Amber Costello's phone during one or all of the 3-4 conversations she had with him prior to their date (that's If the perp was the person with whom Ms. Costello was conversing during said calls and was the client)?

Could he be using the cell phones to gain information to use against the victims, to get inside the victims' heads and/or to terrorize them?

Could he also be using the cell-phones to gain information about the victim's families, friends and loved ones to terrorize them as well?

This could be something or nothing, but in relation to everything else I certainly hope LE diligilently followed up on this complaint.

Does the Kismet man really have a daughter?
Where does she live, what is her occupation?
Can the caller be traced?
If she is in the trade, is she okay today?
90% a hoax call, but 10% could be extremely relevent.

It is often these odd coincidences that leads to the solution

Those are all really good questions. Unfortunately, the information that I quoted from the blotter was all there was about that incident. I am looking for more info about it though.

Once again, I don't get it. To get to Kismet one has to take a ferry from Bay Shore or Sayville. Why not quote similiar prank calls from around the rest of Long Island. West Islip, Babylon, Deer Park, North Babylon, West Babylon, etc... are closer time-wise than Kismet. You can usually get to NYC from Gilgo quicker than you can get to Kismet from Gilgo.

Worlds apart...

The perp in question has a tendency to terrorize people over the phone.

Apparently, the parent who received the phone call referenced in post #184 of this thread, was moved enough by the conversation he had with "Mike" to call the police.

If they were delivering items, then who would have packed them? Would the sending party be the one responsible for packaging the items to be delivered, or do they bring the items to this company, who then packages the items and then ships/delivers them? I know that there are moving companies like ABF, where you are responsible for loading your items on the truck. The company then hitches their trucks to the trailer and drives the items to the specified delivery address.

Slightly off topic-Goathairjones, are you by chance a Stones fan? I am a die-hard Stones fan, and I can't help but smile and think of Brian Jones and the Goats Head Soup album when I see your posts.

Marie, No I'm not a Stones fan. My userid is just something I made up way back in the early 80's when I used to chat on Bulletine Board Systems (BBS) with my 1200 baud modem. I didn't even know there was a Goat Head Soup alblum. LOL!

Thanks for pointing this out. I appreciate you taking the time out to do so! I am familiar with this profile. When I read it, it was as if the perp wrote it himself. I found it when I was perusing that “other website”.

Btw, have you or anyone else seen that website. The way the admin has placed the words “Long Island Serial Killer” on Shannan Gilbert's Picture makes it look like the perp is marking his territory and/or signing his work, IMO. It's just sick and disgusting, IMO!

That site creeps me out! I like WS because it is well moderated here and peeps are respectful of the victims and each other. I appreciate our fellow sleuths giving updates from that site because it gives me the heebie jeebies on the rare occasion when I visit. EEK!

I really liked that profile!

wm

Amber Costello is the one who left her phone at home.

Could the perp have already cloned and/or hacked/cracked Amber Costello's phone during one or all of the 3-4 conversations she had with him prior to their date (that's If the perp was the person with whom Ms. Costello was conversing during said calls and was the client)?

Could he be using the cell phones to gain information to use against the victims, to get inside the victims' heads and/or to terrorize them?

Could he also be using the cell-phones to gain information about the victim's families, friends and loved ones to terrorize them as well?

Sorry to quote my own post but, I forgot to add the link about the 3-4 phone calls that lasted a while. Here it is:

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-18559_162-20078763.html?pageNum=3

I just went back and updated a Timeline. If you see something wrong please let me know....
er0sg7.jpg

I don't think that SG is a victim of the serial killer targeting the prostitutes simply because of how she got there.

Whoever the SK is, will not be calling these girls to his home because typically in that situation there is a paper trail pointing at him. There are phone calls, an address known to the phone girl and the driver/security. The prostitute would be missed when she didn't return and people would ask questions. Any killer who did that would not remain off the radar for long.

His MO is far more likely to be to arrange to meet them somewhere, and then drive them to the final destination (he would tell them that it is to protect his privacy, and they would understand that) where he would kill them. That way his identity would be protected. Likewise, getting them to leave phones behind would also be presented as protecting his identity - phones are recording devices that could be used to secretly record pictures/video/conversations that any client would not want to be known (for personal reasons and because what they are doing is illegal). I don't think that prostitute in the US would see that as a very unusual request.

SG on the other hand was driven to the clients house, people knew where she was.

So, her story was just coincidental to that of the women who were killed and dumped there by the SK (who probably chose that location because it was out of the way).

I just went back and updated a Timeline. If you see something wrong please let me know....
a0aslf.jpg

great timeline:)

Here is a correction/additional info on the MB phonecalls:

2009 calls from the Long Island serial killer, to Melissa Barthelemy little sister. The killer used MB's cell phone.

7 calls were made.

Belowe are the 4 known dates, the last 3 calls dates has not been disclosed):

Thurs July 16, 2009: first call
Sun July 19, 2009:
Thurs July 23, 2009
Wed Aug 26, 2009: last call ( 01:00 am )

For those of us who peruse the LISK website, please be careful about what you click on, IMO. There has been talk of viruses on that website. Don't click on anything you don't know.

Be careful of files that have these extensions: .EXE, .BAT, .COM. These extensions can be mixed with other ones to trick us into thinking they are safe files, IMO.

Sometimes, viruses hide themselves within these extensions, IMO: .MP3, .MPEG, .JPG, .PDF, .DOC, .DVI, .HTML.

Sometimes Trojans can be programmed to “kill” our anti-virus software without us knowing about it. Trojans hide themselves within the deepest parts of the computer or disguise themselves as legitimate system files, IMO.

Another way to attack computer systems is via the web browser, IMO. Malicious script can be run within the browser itself, IMO. The most common vector for this attack is through internet explorer, IMO.

On New Years Day the body of a male was found on Tobay Beach, however, its not being reported in mainstream media, there is only a couple of blurbs in local patches and what not. There is very little info available.
http://wantagh.patch.com/articles/dead-body-found-at-tobay-beach

True there have been no further articles about this man yet i did find something over the past two days: Raw Video...man found at Tobay Beach died of a heart attack.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Man...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

My friends sister was killed and dismembered back in the early 80's. Her killer was never found. I often wonder if she is connected to this case:

Feb. 1, 1982 TINA ELIZABETH FOGLIA disappeared from a Hammerheads nightclub, Sunrise Highway in West Islip. She was seen leaving with a man. She was found on Southern State Pky, which is a 5 min. drive from Oak Beach. Found in 3 separate plastic trash bags. She was dismembered with a surgical instrument and found by workers picking up garbage. Police always felt that the person who did this could be a doctor or has experience in surgery. She was found a couple of days after leaving the club. Shulman and Rifken were ruled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarellano5280