SC SC - Amir Jennings, 18 mo., Columbia, Nov 2011

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/30159525/detail.html

Amir and his mother, Zinah Jennings, used to live with Denise at her home near Atlanta. But she said they left without warning a few days before Thanksgiving.

"She left with Amir. It was evening. It was cool out. And she walked out with him," Denise Jennings said. "We love him. And we want him home."

Denise believes Amir is alive and well.

"I think that [Zinah] left him with someone. I think she was scared and wanted him to be cared for," she said.

I only wish that Amir's Aunt Denise is right! Where are you, Amir?

My daughter in law showed post partume symptoms right away. Her families religion
( Holiness) did not think this was real, they blamed the devil. I called her Dr. gave her name and symptoms and that was the end of my relationship with my Grandchild/and son. But Mom did improve. Another baby due next month, I won't be there to speak out and am scared to death. Have heard daughter in law's "God connection is on the up and up, talks to him daily about evil Mother-in-law (me) Miss my. "Gator", mourning my son, fearfull for my next granddaughter . But WILL call OB/gyn's as soon as I know she's here to help Mom/Dad again.(if needed!!) Please understand, I was not a in your face Mother in law. I gave so much room.........But you can only watch a month old baby you are trying to soothe for 4 hours with the mother NEVER lifting her head from the book she was reading, without realizing there is a problem. God, I feel so guilty!!!!

My daughter in law showed post partume symptoms right away. Her families religion
( Holiness) did not think this was real, they blamed the devil. I called her Dr. gave her name and symptoms and that was the end of my relationship with my Grandchild/and son. But Mom did improve. Another baby due next month, I won't be there to speak out and am scared to death. Have heard daughter in law's "God connection is on the up and up, talks to him daily about evil Mother-in-law (me) Miss my. "Gator", mourning my son, fearfull for my next granddaughter . But WILL call OB/gyn's as soon as I know she's here to help Mom/Dad again.(if needed!!) Please understand, I was not a in your face Mother in law. I gave so much room.........But you can only watch a month old baby you are trying to soothe for 4 hours with the mother NEVER lifting her head from the book she was reading, without realizing there is a problem. God, I feel so guilty!!!!

Big hugs honey ~ you did the right thing. In the long run, hopefully, they realize that it was in their best interest, because you love them so.

The "I" was "inmate" and the "O", offender, I believe, and "F" is "felon"...re: Casey

Anyway I think this woman might be mentally ill...maybe not in a legally insane kind of way, but she may well have mental issues...the feeling I get anyway.

Thanks for the info re: Casey!

I also get the feeling that Zinah was deeply troubled and depressed. It does not excuse the fact that she allowed something to happen to her baby, but something about her overall demeanor seems to say that she's a little off balance somewhere.
As far as drugs, drinking and binges....maybe she was self-medicating.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/30171354/detail.html

Reports of warrants say bloody clothes found in car of missing toddler’s mother
Posted: 6:20 pm EST January 9, 2012
Updated: 6:28 pm EST January 9, 2012

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Investigators in Columbia found what they believe are bloody blankets and clothes in the car of the mother of a missing South Carolina toddler.

I just heard about this on the news tonight. :( Poor baby

I'm so sad! I was so hoping she had left him with someone. I don't get it ~ aunt, grandma, great aunt...couldn't she have left him with someone!!! I am not giving up hope, but my heart is heavy after reading that!

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/30171354/detail.html

Reports of warrants say bloody clothes found in car of missing toddler’s mother
Posted: 6:20 pm EST January 9, 2012
Updated: 6:28 pm EST January 9, 2012

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Investigators in Columbia found what they believe are bloody blankets and clothes in the car of the mother of a missing South Carolina toddler.

Wow, it is looking more and more like Casey every day. I'm glad these parents are keeping Amir first.

Also according to the new documents, Zinah's stepfather said he saw her with a shovel in her backyard around the same time her 18-month-old son disappeared. Police obtained a search warrant and took a shovel from the family's house. They also searched the yard with a cadaver dog.

Oh, man! Just what I feared. Poor, sweet little boy!
Can family members not SEE what is going on? Or just not want to "interfere."
I've never dealt with PPD, never seen it in anyone in my family. I may be too cynical but I just do not understand why something like this isn't noticed and treatment sought.
My last son was born after my other two were grown, and he was very difficult to take care of. I won't go into a lot of details but the first six months was very, very hard for me. He cried if he wasn't being held, and his naps were short.. few and far between. Many days I was so tired from being up most of the night, I barely functioned. My MIL was not much help, so when it got to be more than I could handle, I would go to my mother's house and just visit. She was always up for rocking him, so that would give me an hour or so to "rest." I would wait until my hubby got home from work to cook dinner, so he could take care of him. We managed to survive that time, and NEVER... NOT ONCE did it ever cross my mind to harm my child in any way. I couldn't hurt a puppy, much less a helpless baby.
I do not understand this, and I guess I never will.
Sorry... this is just hard to take in.

How terrible. Just terrible, terrible, terrible.

Where is Amir's father? Has he made any statements?

I think 2011 was the year of "disappearing your kid and getting away with it". We have Lisa, Sky, Jhessie, Bianca, (possibly Ayla), and now Amir. Why isn't anyone being arrested or charged? It's like parents just have to have to hide the body and they get away with it. I'm frustrated to tears right now.

And don't forget precious little Aliayah Lunsford.

Oh, man! Just what I feared. Poor, sweet little boy!
Can family members not SEE what is going on? Or just not want to "interfere."
I've never dealt with PPD, never seen it in anyone in my family. I may be too cynical but I just do not understand why something like this isn't noticed and treatment sought.
My last son was born after my other two were grown, and he was very difficult to take care of. I won't go into a lot of details but the first six months was very, very hard for me. He cried if he wasn't being held, and his naps were short.. few and far between. Many days I was so tired from being up most of the night, I barely functioned. My MIL was not much help, so when it got to be more than I could handle, I would go to my mother's house and just visit. She was always up for rocking him, so that would give me an hour or so to "rest." I would wait until my hubby got home from work to cook dinner, so he could take care of him. We managed to survive that time, and NEVER... NOT ONCE did it ever cross my mind to harm my child in any way. I couldn't hurt a puppy, much less a helpless baby.
I do not understand this, and I guess I never will.
Sorry... this is just hard to take in.

I don't think this is fair. I haven't seen anything to indicate that this family did any less than their best to protect Amir. Amir and his mom were living with her sister, possibly so that someone was around to help and keep an eye on things. Z and A just left one day - it's not like they warned anyone. and once the grandparents found Z and didn't get satisfactory answers, they called LE the next day. Unlike some unnamed grandma who let the lying and BS go on for a month! I'm not sure if she could have even reported Amir missing sooner than that because he left with his mother.

While the parents have hired a lawyer for Z, I think they did so hoping that Z would tell him something - anything - that would give them more clues. They are working very hard to bring Amir home without throwing any accusations around or even suggesting that anyone but their daughter is to blame.

I'm not sure what else they could have done. I had a friend several years ago with PPP (post partum psychosis) and I never saw it coming. I couldn't believe it when she finally shared some of what had been going on. Her husband, a very successful and educated man, had to fight hard for her to get treatment. I think they only took him seriously b/c he was the baby's father and they were married - not sure how much legal weight a grandma carries. It's very hard to have an adult child with a mental illness, especially one who is non-compliant with meds or treatment. You have very little control over the situation.

This family has nothing but my sympathy and prayers.

Just saw the article on yahoo about finding bloody clothes. :( Praying for Amir and family everyone but the mother.

MOO

I just don't believe this to be a case of either PPD or PPP though mental illness is likely a factor. Almost all medical research of either disorder, including filicidal, places the time frame up to 6 months. It is entirely conceivable though that mom developed other psychological disorders during the postpartum period that are prevalent now.

I absolutely do not see any common characteristics of a psychotic filicide though. Mothers who murder their children while in the midst of a psychotic episode rarely hide their crime. A Michigan study of maternal psychotic vs. non-psychotic filicides showed that of 29 psychotic women 23 confessed to their crime, 25 received previous psychiatric care and 20 attempted suicide at the time of the filicide. 24 described the child(ren) as wanted compared to 2 (of 26) non-psychotic women. Psychotic filicides are most often, imo, altruistic in nature based on Resnick's classification of filicide. The mothers feel they are actually saving their children by killing them.

Whether mom is mentally ill or not I whole-heartedly believe she knew exactly what she was doing at the time of this (likely) murder and subsequent cover-up. JMO

ETA: From a legal perspective England & Wales Infanticide Act (allowing mothers to claim what is essentially diminished capacity due to post-partum) is only allowable up to one year after birth. FWIW

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/10/cops-seeking-missing-south-carolina-boy-find-bloody-clothes/

Columbia police looking for a South Carolina toddler missing since Thanksgiving have found a shovel and what appear to be bloody clothes and blankets.

Authorities went to the home of Zinah Jennings earlier this month after her stepfather told police he had seen her in the backyard with a shovel around the time Amir Jennings disappeared.

Using a cadaver dog to search the house near downtown Columbia, investigators found a shovel.

A dog was also used to search Jennings' car, where investigators say they found blankets and clothes with stains that appear to be blood.

Investigators said the items were being analyzed by state police.

Police also obtained surveillance video and records of Jennings' computer use at the Richland County Public Library after receiving a tip Jan. 5 that the woman was a frequent visitor there.

:cry:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back