Jeff Ashton -Retired? Not if he has anything to say about it! ;) ***Updated***

I hope if JA wins his run for State Attorney his first order of business will be to prosecute CA for perjury. JA has been asked many times what could have been done to change the outcome of the trial, his answer...honesty from CA.

I hope someone asks him what/if anything he is prepared to do to get some sort of justice for Caylee and send a message if you lie for a baby killer, you will serve time.

If he truly believes CA is simply in denial and doesn't see her for what she truly is; manipulative, conniving, liar, make a buck off my granddollar, spit on our legal system, blame someone else for Caylee's murder, etc. then he got played for a fool.

IMO

photostream

How? I am not trying to be combative, but what is he doing right now to get justice for Caylee? How is him probably becoming a millionaire a good thing? If she was convicted, I would send him a check, thanking him, but thats not what happened here. I guess I feel he needed to earn his new found money and thank his lucky stars he was in the right place at the right time to be given this case. The fact is, the jurors were offended by him, they may be idiots and misguided, but thats what these people saw and they FREED her! I hold him responsible that shes walking free right now, and there is no justice for Caylee no matter what because what happened to her was unfair, there is no fixing that ever. He had the power to put her away, and had he maintained a level of decorum, she would be on death row, I have no doubts. jmo
I wish I could believe that...that all it would have taken for the jury to believe the truth was a few less chuckles.
As far as JA hitting the media circuit, I'm sure he (and the entire SA office) was barraged with requests for an interview all along. I can see him saying, I'll speak...but once it's over. That would have gone whether Caylee won or Caylee lost...IMO. I think it was pretty brave of him to come out and speak right after the verdict. We KNOW how he must have felt. And, IMHO, JA didn't "quit" anything...he retired...and had planned to do so earlier. As far as what he's doing for Caylee...I know he believes in Caylee's Law...especially for the stricter penalties for lying to LE...so perhaps he will work his hardest to see that law upheld.
IMPO...he deserves our thanks.

I wish I could believe that...that all it would have taken for the jury to believe the truth was a few less chuckles.
As far as JA hitting the media circuit, I'm sure he (and the entire SA office) was barraged with requests for an interview all along. I can see him saying, I'll speak...but once it's over. That would have gone whether Caylee won or Caylee lost...IMO. I think it was pretty brave of him to come out and speak right after the verdict. We KNOW how he must have felt. And, IMHO, JA didn't "quit" anything...he retired...and had planned to do so earlier. As far as what he's doing for Caylee...I know he believes in Caylee's Law...especially for the stricter penalties for lying to LE...so perhaps he will work his hardest to see that law upheld.
IMPO...he deserves our thanks.

Of course he had to wait till the trial was over, and he didnt wait 12 hours from verdict, so he had it lined up, he could have done the honorable thing and did his job without the dramatic displays of laughter. He could have went to the day Casey left that house and paid more attention to her activity, but when you sit there and accuse someone of using chloroform, you better have them on camera buying the components. He catered to his fan club and now that its died down and hes made his millions, he now thinks he can go back to work and all is forgotten. Its actually a huge embarrassment he lost such a slam dunk case, there is nothing to honor him about, shes free to breed and smoke and party, so what did he do that was so wonderful except show his fans his teeth? He was inappropriate and continues to be. jmo

Of course he had to wait till the trial was over, and he didnt wait 12 hours from verdict, so he had it lined up, he could have done the honorable thing and did his job without the dramatic displays of laughter. He could have went to the day Casey left that house and paid more attention to her activity, but when you sit there and accuse someone of using chloroform, you better have them on camera buying the components. He catered to his fan club and now that its died down and hes made his millions, he now thinks he can go back to work and all is forgotten. Its actually a huge embarrassment he lost such a slam dunk case, there is nothing to honor him about, shes free to breed and smoke and party, so what did he do that was so wonderful except show his fans his teeth? He was inappropriate and continues to be. jmo

When I think of this case and question who did the honorable thing and dramatic displays, the ONLY person I think of is Baez.

So you're from the same school of thought as the jury in that the only proof of anything must come from a video? Interesting...

Do you have a link to your statement that Mr. Ashton had his book "lined up" previous to FCA's acquittal or is that just you personal opinion?

When I think of this case and question who did the honorable thing and dramatic displays, the ONLY person I think of is Baez.

So you're from the same school of thought as the jury in that the only proof of anything must come from a video? Interesting...

Do you have a link to your statement that Mr. Ashton had his book "lined up" previous to FCA's acquittal or is that just you personal opinion?

My post is just my opinion as STATED. If some want to pretend that he was blindsided with interviews and didn't anticipate them, thats fine, I happen to know how the media works, and there is no doubt they contacted him and said the day after the verdict we want you on TV, where he did numerous interviews, it was going to happen and he knew it. Wonder when he started writing his book? And when you are accusing someone who is broke of being a mad chemical scientist, I want to see proof, I really dont see what the issue is with that. The factless baseless no proof accusations topped with junk science and a laughing prosecuter who should have held some decorum is the reason why Casey is walking around pretty free for the most part. Where is the outrage in that? JMO

Hey, I admit that at times he can appear to be a little rough around the edges but isn't that what makes people interesting???? And JA certainly is interesting. lol

Hey LC :seeya:

Usually I agree with your posts but just want to interject here. I don't see JA as 'rough around the edges' at all, but rather passionate, principled, and bold in asserting himself. Wish more men would be like him. JMO.

Of course, there is always the possibility, I am just enamored by him :loveyou:

Now if you want to talk about 'rough around the edges' JB brings new meaning to the description. In fact, he could be it's poster child. lol! :cow:

Hey LC :seeya:

Usually I agree with your posts but just want to interject here. I don't see JA as 'rough around the edges' at all, but rather passionate, principled, and bold in asserting himself. Wish more men would be like him. JMO.

Of course, there is always the possibility, I am just enamored by him :loveyou:

Now if you want to talk about 'rough around the edges' JB brings new meaning to the description. In fact, he could be it's poster child. lol! :cow:

I agree - what I like about Jeff Ashton is that he is so darned bright - besides apparently smelling wonderful...:blushing:

Listening to him to a presentation of forensic or scientific information or questioning a defense witness on those subjects was absolutely fascinating for me!

Unlike the Defense which is why we are still asking who is a chemist??:great:

I agree - what I like about Jeff Ashton is that he is so darned bright - besides apparently smelling wonderful...:blushing:

Listening to him to a presentation of forensic or scientific information or questioning a defense witness on those subjects was absolutely fascinating for me!

Hi LG :seeya:
along the lines of "but are you a chemist???" :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I still do not know the joke about "but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express". or "but did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express?" that many poke fun at..... can you tell me what that was all about?? I just love some of the Baez-isms that came out of this trial, and I have never been able to figure that one out and do not remember coming across that one. THANKS!!!! :great:

Hi LG :seeya:
along the lines of "but are you a chemist???" :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I still do not know the joke about "but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express". or "but did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express?" that many poke fun at..... can you tell me what that was all about?? I just love some of the Baez-isms that came out of this trial, and I have never been able to figure that one out and do not remember coming across that one. THANKS!!!! :great:

From the Holiday Inn Express commercials. Do a google search for Holiday Inn Express commercials youtube and you'll see some of them.

From the Holiday Inn Express commercials. Do a google search for Holiday Inn Express commercials youtube and you'll see some of them.

Thanks, Talina, hahahahahah, O.K., I get it now !! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Did google that as you suggested and found a few on youtube, I get it now :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I watched just about the whole trial livestreaming on my computer, saw many references to the "stayed at a Hol. Inn Express" on WS and felt totally left out of that joke, and thought "how did I miss that???"

Thanks again. :great:

My post is just my opinion as STATED. If some want to pretend that he was blindsided with interviews and didn't anticipate them, thats fine, I happen to know how the media works, and there is no doubt they contacted him and said the day after the verdict we want you on TV, where he did numerous interviews, it was going to happen and he knew it. Wonder when he started writing his book? And when you are accusing someone who is broke of being a mad chemical scientist, I want to see proof, I really dont see what the issue is with that. The factless baseless no proof accusations topped with junk science and a laughing prosecuter who should have held some decorum is the reason why Casey is walking around pretty free for the most part. Where is the outrage in that? JMO

Caylee was let down by 12 jurors and 12 jurors ONLY! :(

You smelled him? I am so darn JEALOUS!! Where's my blankey? !! :maddening:

You smelled him? I am so darn JEALOUS!! Where's my blankey? !! :maddening:

LOL - you don't need it - I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him but a number of reporters frequently during the trial said that and we could ask RROO4 because she gave him a HUG!!

Aww, some think hes very handsome, I get it now, he can do no wrong no matter what, should have known!

WOW! I couldn't believe it when I read these words. I can not tell you how many times I had these thoughts while watching him during the trial LOL

LOL - you don't need it - I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him but a number of reporters frequently during the trial said that and we could ask RROO4 because she gave him a HUG!!
...all I really remember was that he was a good hugger...and I mean that with the utmost respect. I wanted to thank him...let him know how much I cared...so thankful that he was there fighting for Caylee...and he hugged right back.

...all I really remember was that he was a good hugger...and I mean that with the utmost respect. I wanted to thank him...let him know how much I cared...so thankful that he was there fighting for Caylee...and he hugged right back.

Sitting here turning green with envy...:fence:

His book is number 15 on non fiction list!

Aww, some think hes very handsome, I get it now, he can do no wrong no matter what, should have known!

Yes, that's a fair and astute summation of people on WS's intensive reading and observation and rigorous analysis of this case and how it was prosecuted.:(

Junk Science? Wow. Just wow. What about the laughing defendant? What is so funny about your baby being dead and dumped in the swamp like trash? What is so funny about and being accused, charged, idicted and tried for it? What is so funny about falsely accusing both your father and your brother of sexually abusing you? What is so funny about giving two different doctors TWO different accounts of Caylee's death, each blaming an innocent person who , for all of his faults, genuinely loved Caylee? She laughed, giggled, preened for the cameras, and behaved inappropriately throughout that entire trial. The only time she feigned any emotion was for the benefit of the jury.

Real life crime and murders are not like CSI and forensic television shows. There is no neat ending to tie up all of the facts for a jury into a pretty little package. Sitting on a jury and rendering a verdict takes critical thinking skills, and in this case it was not complicated to see.

There was no junk science, there was no rotting pizza, there was no molestation, there was no accidental drowning.

There was however, a junk jury.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back