Sidebar Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek:...what thread are we talking about FCA sightings on????

Sent from my LG Esteem, using Tapatalk.

:eek:...what thread are we talking about FCA sightings on????

I don't know that we have a particular thread. But, you have my attention.

What a great day to read all these posts today! Superb as usual :)

Love him, hate him or indifferent towards him, I think JB does have a lot of worries on his mind. He should have bailed from Day 1, but he too, saw the opportunity there for financial gain, to make a name for himself other than the one being used now. I'm sure he has made some money somewhere, like from 48 Hrs., etc. One, he has a very wayward client who doesn't listen to direction very well, by him taking on this headache of a case, it caused monetary ruin and possiblity some recriminations with possible threats of a lawsuit or 2. Then the fear I think he has if JA gets into office. Hate to say it, but I got a feeling if and when he is in office, we are going to see something else-That's all I'll call it-Something Else!

Why do I get the feeling something might break loose about OFA and Co. in the news tomorrow? Just got that feeling. As Roseanne Rosannadanna used to say:
'It's Always Something'.(especially with that bunch).

Btw, sort of O/T. I have been reading a book about JVS-Portrait of a Monster, I never knew this, and forgive if this has already been talked about in the past; there is information about TM in this book-I'm starting to understand and get angry all over again how certain people used other people's information to blend it into their own or their daughter's 'illness'. Apparently, TM's daughter sadly suffered from seizures. I wonder if any of the A's knew about this? I just chalked it up to what RC/CH had said about herself and how that info was used on that talk show, now I read this. Makes me throw up my hands again.

Up here in Greensboro, N.C. the police have found the body of a 25yr old women in a car trunk. She had been in there a week. I hope the CSI remembers Caylee when they do their investigation.

I don't know that we have a particular thread. But, you have my attention.

LOL Cheffie :D

<shhhhhhhh>

DD#3 and some friends are swearing up and down that they've spotted "her" in a gated community near FSU...

I told them to have their cameras on the ready!

I do not think KC is marketable in the way that she would like to be, or her attorneys and her parents would like her to be. But, I do think she is marketable to a degree because our society is somewhat voyeuristic. Wherever there is a story like the one in JB's OS at trial, there will be people drooling at the thought. It's sick, but it is what it is. Even if the story is not true, there are people who will believe it, even without a speck of evidence. I think there will be a buyer for what KC ends up selling but I do not see her getting rich and set for life. IMO her parents stand a better chance of reaping the rewards than KC does. I mean, even with marketing to the voyeurs in our society, how many times will people pay to hear the same lies? I just do not think the audience will be as large as people project--maybe for the first interview, yes, but after that the numbers will dwindle.

Besides, there is a whole lot more involved in the good life than money.

All JMO.
How do the Anthony's get away representing that they are so involved with their charitable foundation? When were they on Dr Phil? A long time ago! Click the "Monthly Grandparent" feature on their website. It says coming soon. I guess they're too busy remodeling to get around to taking care of their charity. The whole thing kinda makes me sick.

How do the Anthony's get away representing that they are so involved with their charitable foundation? When were they on Dr Phil? A long time ago! Click the "Monthly Grandparent" feature on their website. It says coming soon. I guess they're too busy remodeling to get around to taking care of their charity. The whole thing kinda makes me sick.

Well they were grandparents and the money, apparently, is helping to fund their activities and KC's, too, IMO. jmo

OT, but bayou, when I'm on WS using my Kindle fire, your dancing chicken dances at about 60 miles an hour, then stops altogether, then back to dancing! It's hilarious!

:floorlaugh: Wish I could move that fast!!

Yes, Jesse Grund said kc would morph into whoever she was with at the time. She takes on their identity, she's suddenly a huge fan of whatever team they're rooting for, if they're a dopehead she's a dopehead, if they're in college she's in college, if they're praising god she's hollerin' amen!
I can totally see it in my mind....her in that church at Sunday service, raising those arms to heaven and giving a hallelujah!!!!!! She is such a phony!

and this insane crazy person "Casey" is still free....God bless anyone who comes in her path.

LG!!!!!
The Shafia trial Jury came back with a GUILTY Verdict.
The Jury found all 3 GUILTY of First degree murder!!!

:great:

This was a circumstantial evidence case, some of the evidence was computer searches including "where to commit a murder" searches for bodies of water ..the Crown could not tell the jury "exactly" how the 4 women died,
Yes they drowned. but the Crown could not tell conclusively where they drowned

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/01/29/shafia-sunday.html

'Twisted notion of honour'

Maranger said it is difficult to imagine a more "heinous crime" than two parents convicted of killing three of their own daughters for "an apparent notion of honour that has absolutely no place in any civilized society."

"The apparent reason behind these cold shameful murders was that four (victims) offended your twisted notion of honour," the judge said.

Thank God! Was at my DD's townhouse on a marathon painting weekend. But got off my ladder long enough to cheer this news. The prosecution said there is no place in Canada for this type of crime. Finally, honour killings have been recognized for the terrible crime they are and the fullest extent of the law brought against the guilty parties!!

Too late for those beautiful girls and the first wife, but other lives may be saved when perps realize they will not get away with crimes against their families. Relatives, female children, wives are not the property of the males in the family!! Justice!!

The following is a QUOTE from the CBC.com news site:

"This is a good day for Canadian justice," the chief Crown prosecutor Gerard Laarhuis said outside the courthouse, adding the four women were "murdered by their family in the most troubling of circumstances."

previous1 of 17expandnext
Zainab Shafia, 19, married her boyfriend Ammar Wahid, but the marriage was annulled the next day. This photo was recovered from her cell phone. (trial evidence)
"This verdict sends a very clear message about our Canadian values and core principles in a free, democratic society that all Canadians enjoy and even visitors to Canada enjoy," he said.

In a statement following the verdict, federal Justice Minister Rob Nicholson called honour killings a practice that is "barbaric and unacceptable in Canada."

"This government is committed to protecting women and other vulnerable persons from all forms of violence and to hold perpetrators accountable for their acts."

OT, but bayou, when I'm on WS using my Kindle fire, your dancing chicken dances at about 60 miles an hour, then stops altogether, then back to dancing! It's hilarious!

My Nook gets stuck like that sometimes! Somebody here has an avatar pic of FCA making that mean snarl face with her fisties and sometimes she does it 90 miles an hour. I always LOL :floorlaugh:

Thank God! Was at my DD's townhouse on a marathon painting weekend. But got off my ladder long enough to cheer this news. The prosecution said there is no place in Canada for this type of crime. Finally, honour killings have been recognized for the terrible crime they are and the fullest extent of the law brought against the guilty parties!!

Too late for those beautiful girls and the first wife, but other lives may be saved when perps realize they will not get away with crimes against their families. Relatives, female children, wives are not the property of the males in the family!! Justice!!

The following is a QUOTE from the CBC.com news site:

"This is a good day for Canadian justice," the chief Crown prosecutor Gerard Laarhuis said outside the courthouse, adding the four women were "murdered by their family in the most troubling of circumstances."

previous1 of 17expandnext
Zainab Shafia, 19, married her boyfriend Ammar Wahid, but the marriage was annulled the next day. This photo was recovered from her cell phone. (trial evidence)
"This verdict sends a very clear message about our Canadian values and core principles in a free, democratic society that all Canadians enjoy and even visitors to Canada enjoy," he said.

In a statement following the verdict, federal Justice Minister Rob Nicholson called honour killings a practice that is "barbaric and unacceptable in Canada."

"This government is committed to protecting women and other vulnerable persons from all forms of violence and to hold perpetrators accountable for their acts."

Thank God for Canada using common sense. We, here in America, have had judges ruling FOR upholding Sharia Law. Sickening.

Well, I suppose the A's get away with it because in this country people are free to make money in all sorts of creative ways. There are laws they cannot break and if they break those laws, they can be stopped but only if the powers that be are actuallly watching.

Sometimes courts order that a criminal cannot be allowed to make money off their crimes. Since KC was acquitted, she will never be so ordered; she will be allowed to profit off her crimes for as long as she can come up with ways to bring in the cash. As for her family, they didn't murder Caylee so they can go on making money off her death until they do something that raises enough eyebrows for people to quit donating or for the authorities to have cause to step in.

Consider some of the self-named evangelists on TV and in other venues who solicit money from the viewing public. Some are scam artists, but that doesn't stop people from sending in their hard-earned dollars. Often those donating to them are the elderly or those otherwise unable to afford to donate, but that does not stop the scammer from taking their money. They continue to steal from the public until they get caught in their scam--or I should say IF they get caught.

Scammers will get away with their dirty deeds as long as there are people out there who allow themselves to be scammed. It will never stop until people wise up and exercise a little common sense, and stop being so quick to send cash and checks to just anyone who asks.

From your link, above:

"Notes From an Insider is a blog about all things Prison, Criminal Justice and Re Entry. On the blog I share my opinions about legal situations, events and conditions. I also talk about prison consulting and how to raise awareness of the issues that plague our criminal justice system. I do this as a true prison insider after serving 16 months in a Federal Prison. I also share stories that will help other people working their way through the system."

'Nuff said.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member