Josh Powell's House in WA blows up

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly was she doing going to her car? Weren't those supposed to be supervised visits?

HE slammed the door and locked it on her. THen she was calling her supervisor. Should have been 9-1-1

What exactly was she doing going to her car? Weren't those supposed to be supervised visits?

According to HLN the boys were let in the front door before he slammed it in the her face and locked the door. She knocked repeatedly and no reply, smelled gas, went to her car to phone for assistance.

But WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY was he allowed visits at his house?

Just imagine all the other possibilities, not just gas but knives of any kind. Plastic bags. Cords and ropes.
An unarmed social worker.

And she called her supervisor instead of 911?

Brilliant, Washington. Just brilliant.

Why did he have to kill those little boys????? Susan's poor family - may God be with them.

The reports refer to "supervised" visit, so why was the social worker not in the house also? It also says the boys were "dropped off", so who was supervising? Doesn't make sense to me.

One report I read said he'd shut the door before she could get inside, then shortly afterward the house exploded.

I read somewhere that after Josh slammed the door, she noticed the smell of gas and moved away from the house to call for help... The house exploded before the call went through...

The social worker is very, very fortunate that she wasn't inside the house also.

She certainly was fortunate, but then I can't help but wonder what good are "supervised" visits if they can't protect the child?

The social worker is very, very fortunate that she wasn't inside the house also.

Looking at the photos of the house its very fortunate for her she was in her car or she would have surley been killed if not very injured.

After Josh took the kids in his house he locked the door. She was going to make a phone call.

She was 28 years old..........that alone makes me want to cry-and this aftermath.......I feel numb and helpless, let alone angry and vindictive. Praying for the Cox family.

I am thankful for Websleuths forums to be able to vent............

komonews komonews.com
Josh Powell's lawyer received a 3-word email from his client just minutes before house explosion. It said, "I'm sorry, goodbye." -

the lawyers said he didn't read the email for 2 hours after it was sent.

omg omg omg. I just got home and read this. Off to catch up.

This not only confirms him as Susan's killer - as if there were doubt - it confirms him as a first-degree murderer, a personality that premeditates and lies in wait. Imagine how long he planned to do away with Susan and keep the boys, and then it didn't pan out the way he and whoever helped him planned.

Enjoy hell, Joshie.

WTH! OMG...just saw this on twitter.
So I guess Josh has now met his maker and is now judged by the supreme Judge and Susan's boys are now safely with her in heaven. SMH...WOW...just wow.

I'm seeing a rightfully so lawsuit by the cox family. The state failed to protect these children. This is so awful. Been staying away from WS can't stand all the crimes against our children come back to this. So sad and heartbreaking.

komonews komonews.com
Josh Powell's lawyer received a 3-word email from his client just minutes before house explosion. It said, "I'm sorry, goodbye." -

the lawyers said he didn't read the email for 2 hours after it was sent.

Too bad he didn't send an email saying where Susan is

Those poor little boys. I'm trying to imagine them in their mothers arms right now. She's hugging them super tight. My prayers are with Susan's family and friends.

I'm seeing a rightfully so lawsuit by the cox family. The state failed to protect these children. This is so awful. Been staying away from WS can't stand all the crimes against our children come back to this. So sad and heartbreaking.

ITA. His supervised visits should have been with him sitting behind some bullet proof glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak