Josh Powell's House in WA blows up

Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN is saying it was about 2 minutes from the time the kids ran in until the explosion. I guess that's enough time to create that much gas build up? I don't know.

Darn shame out justice system couldn't or wouldn't charge him with murdering Susan. May God bless the children and keep them in his loving arms

Updated at 6:40 p.m. ET: GRAHAM, Wash. -- Sgt. Ed Troyer, Pierce County sheriff's spokesman, said emails Josh Powell sent to authorities seem to confirm that Powell planned the deadly blast.
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/05/10325025-husband-sons-of-missing-woman-die-in-blast

St Ed Troyer has had to deal with far to many tragic cases during his career and he has always done his job with respect and reverence. (just felt that needed to be said because we so often hear his name and voice at the lowest times)

This hit me like a sledgehammer to the chest. When are we going to wake up and start protecting children????? Anyone with any common sense knew those children were not safe at any time with Josh Powell. This did not have to happen!!!

Chuck and Judy loved those precious boys so much - and dearly wanted to provide a loving home to their grandsons.

My heart goes out to them right now.

Bless you, Chuck and Judy. You fought the good fight for your beloved angels.

My prayers to the family and everyone who followed this case. Words cannot describe the sadness I am sure everyone feels and I hope the family can somehow find comfort knowing the boys are now with their mother. :tears:

I agree that he did not want the worker to get in the way of his plan, I dont ascribe any decent motivation on Josh's part, he certainly could not have cared about her life.
I just wanted to add that I share the Coxes faith and while I know they have no doubt the boys are in a very happy reunion with Susan the pain has got to be unreal. My heart is so heavy for such an unbelievably horrific situation.

of COURSE he sent more emails and texts... does anyone think he would do something like this quietly? (sorry I am just ranting)

I. am. livid.

so preventable, this was....

I'm torn on why he locked her out. Part of me thinks he would have pulled her in as revenge toward the system, while part of me says his evil soul locked her out to tell his story. any thoughts?

Actually I have been thinking that perhaps he wanted a live witness also. If an accelerant was already in place, which is believed to be true, there may have been little she would have been able to do to get the boys out before the explosion. His intent appears to have been to take revenge upon Susan's family as well as suicide.

MOO

St Ed Troyer has had to deal with far to many tragic cases during his career and he has always done his job with respect and reverence. (just felt that needed to be said because we so often hear his name and voice at the lowest times)

Between dealing with the crud of the earth and having people defending them takes its toll on those who work in this field. I am heartsick and becoming exhausted from constant reading about the suspects' d#$n rights. The softening of America is concerning.

How this was allowed to roam around is disgusting. When are people going to wake up and come to their senses concerning these sickos. Just because they don't have a body, shouldn't mean they should walk free among us.

Actually I have been thinking that perhaps he wanted a live witness also. If an accelerant was already in place, which is believed to be true, there may have been little she would have been able to do to get the boys out before the explosion. His intent appears to have been to take revenge upon Susan's family as well as suicide.

MOO

People are getting e-mails, was he sitting there sending e-mails during that time? When did the children show up in his home and when were the e-mails send?

I just saw this on Twitter
NancyGraceHLN Nancy Grace
God bless Susan Powell's two little children.
so I knew something was up.. OMG! I can't say I'm surprised :(
Those poor kids.. and I'm sure Susan's family is a wreck.. it's bad enough this took their daughter.. now their grandkids.
I don't even know what to say... RIP mamma & boys.

I think we need people to stand up and make our country reform what they are doing with children like this case.... it is so sad. That supervised visitation should be somewhere that they can't do things like this.. like a room in a jail where they have to change clothes and be patted down and things like that.... :-(

My heart also goes out to Sgt. Troyer. There have been more than a few cases here (at Websleuths) with his name attached to them.

Did Josh own that house, or was he renting it?

Next we will hear for someone that Josh sent someone an email proclaiming his innocents of killing susan *rolls my eyes* I'm MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I somehow doubt he sat there with house full of gas before children showed up. It could have blown up before. I presume he waited until he got them into the house to let the gas out and then to blow up the house.

The worker was calling to report that he slammed the door and she smelled a heavy odor of gas. In order for her to smell gas it had to be on for sometime and built up. If the oven was gas and all the pilot lights were blown out and gas turned on. The gas builds up quick and a strike of a match or lighter can cause a blast. This is why the PGE when you relighting your pilot light on your heater prefer you let them do it.

My Jaw is still on the floor. I hope the Susan's parents sue and bankrupt the state!

I totally get what you are saying, but it won't help other children who need those resources. I hope they put them to better use in the next similar case.

KevinKIRO Kevin McCarty
#PierceCounty sheriff Paul Pastor calls #joshpowell murder suicide an "act of evil" #susanpowell #FindSusan #susancoxpowell
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member