20/20 - Josh Powell Told Sons He Had 'Surprise' For Them, Social Worker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know its hard to put together their not wanting to go with what she is saying but I see this with my own grandson who lives with us. He is 2 and when its time to go spend time with his mom he cries, but after he has been with her a few days his dad says he cries when its time to come back. I think its the disruption of their surroundings, they want to stay where they are at and are enjoying what they are doing at the time and dont want the disruption, does that make sence?

Yeah, the Coxes said they had a 2 yr. old cousin they were playing with that had been visiting and was set to leave the next day. So I think they were having too much fun and didn't want to be interrupted.

God, this breaks my heart.

This was his own flesh and blood. I was hoping and praying they had died quickly (possibly gun shot as bad as it sounds), but to actually have to witness your own brother being hit with an axe by your own father is just too much to bare.

The details just keep getting worse just when you think it's not possible.

RIP Susan, Charlie and Braden

Kids can be conflicted. And they may have not wanted to interrupt play for a visit at that moment. They also may have felt torn between the dad they loved and the new peace they felt at their grandparents, where they were able to speak and think about mommy.

Yeah, well DSHS and the psychologist who worked this case weren't well informed either. I heard this lady say that she never thought he would hurt the kids. Psych said he was odd but not a risk to the children. DSHS echoed that.

People involved in the welfare of children need to be better educated and the system needs to pull its head out of you know where. People who commit domestic violence against a spouse are a danger of abusing their kids, even killing them, no matter how sweet they seem to be with those kids. People who MURDER their spouses are at high risk of murdering their kids, too. That's a fact. LE knows it, the family courts in my state seem to know it, now everyone should know it.

Oh, but the coward hadn't been arrested. He hadn't been publicly named a suspect. So, how could safety protocols, custody and visitation decisions be based on violence on his part towards his wife? Give me a break. Family courts and juvenile dependency courts make court orders every day, based on a finding that abuse or some sort of act occurred, in the absence of an arrest.

It was clear that this man murdered his wife two years ago. She disappeared in the middle of the night after he cooked her food and she fell ill and went to bed at 5:30 p.m.. Later that night, a Sunday, he took two toddlers into freezing weather at midnight, to go camping, even though he had work and they had school the next day. He refused to cooperate with his wife's investigation. A giant wet spot was found on the rug with fans drying it when the empty house was broken into after LE could not get a hold of the family and did a welfare check. The coward failed to answer his phone for hours. Before she went missing, Susan had indicated he was controlling and she feared him.

Yeah, it may not be enough for a conviction or even maybe an arrest. But it certainly was enough to indicate he killed his wife or was involved in her death which means he was an extreme danger to the lives of his kids from the get go. CPS and the court could have acted accordingly on those facts alone, no arrest necessary, as they do every day.

Until everyone in our nation who is involved in child welfare understand that people who hurt their intimate partners are just a hop and a skip away from hurting their kids, we will have more such cases. I hope the judge in Michelle Parker's case is taking note.

You always say it so well, gitana. Thank you. And I agree with you re: Michelle Parker's kids. I hope the people involved in her kids' welfare are on high alert and overly cautious.

I am just so sick. And numb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just when i thought we had heard the worst every day new details that break the heart and boggle the mind. My heart breaks for these boys and their family. My heart breaks for everyone involved and their families also. It is just the saddest case I think I have ever followed and it keeps getting worse. Bless those involved and I hope somehow they find peace.

Really this should become a new "textbook case" that is studied at the University Level. They should write a seminar about it for anyone in Child Protective Services.

Because obviously everything that could go wrong, went wrong.

And knowing little Braden already had a sore foot that was painful and probably couldn't run from him.

God, JP was an evil monster.

I agree that CPS failed these boys, but I think it's unfair to blame the social worker. Obviously Josh had her fooled, like he did so many, including some of his very own family members. I'm sure he acted like Dad of the Year when the social worker was present in order to get her to trust him. If he gained the trust of the social worker he probably thought she would put a good word in for him and he had a better chance to gain back custody of the boys. After the most recent court date which required the psycho sexual eval. and lie detector, I think this was his ultimate plan. Had the social worker suspected anything sooner, he wouldn't have been able to carry out his devious plan, therefore he needed to fleece the social worker. Unfortunately it worked.

I know its hard to put together their not wanting to go with what she is saying but I see this with my own grandson who lives with us. He is 2 and when its time to go spend time with his mom he cries, but after he has been with her a few days his dad says he cries when its time to come back. I think its the disruption of their surroundings, they want to stay where they are at and are enjoying what they are doing at the time and dont want the disruption, does that make sence?

It really did! Thank you for explaining that!

I can't even imagine...I am without words. He was pure evil, which he obviously learned from his father. I can't say much more, it's all words that aren't allowed here that I would use to describe those two.

I am not at all surprised that the boys loved their father. He obviously 'comforted them' when they lost their mom. That was what he wanted all along, to be the only parent. So he loved and nurtured them through that painful experience. He made them dependent upon him.

Josh was a lying first degree murderer who planned the murder/suicide of his two sons and himself, I also believe he murdered Susan. He more than likely knew his sons were talking some about their mom and he saw this as his only way out. That he murdered his two sons shows the kind of person Josh was. No words can describe the contempt I feel for Josh. I'm not through working through this one yet.

No way could the social worker do any more than she did.

This just cannot be real.. Can it?? I mean we are talking Hollywood movies now.. Literally!!!!

Respectfully snipped:

After I caught my breath from reading this new horrendous piece of information, the whole "I've got a surprise for you!" .... the first thing I thought was Jack Nicholson in The Shining.

Those poor, sweet, beautiful children were utterly terrorized in their last moments by the one person left on Earth that was supposed to love them the most.

He never loved them. They were objects, possessions to control and discard as he pleased, just like their books and toys. You can't love someone as a parent loves a child and inflict such horror, fear and pain on them.

I hope his special place in Hell includes perpetual fear, pain, victimization, and torture 10 times worse than anything he ever did to Susan and the boys.

I hope Josh Powell was surprised when he arrived at the gates of Hell.

Same for me as well.....

Me too.

But on another note, I want to say how thankful I am for all of you. I really am. This place has become like a second family of friends coming together to share our outrage, despair, grief and hope.

I have never encountered a site with so many caring, wonderful individuals, all fighting hard for justice and caring, hoping, praying for the innocent. You guys rock. You keep me sane. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck