Sidebar Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing devils advocate here, but I am tired of reading where people are representing as fact that Casey Anthony murdered Caylee Anthony. No where has that ever been proven as a fact, yet people are allowed to state as fact she is a murderer. The state of Florida had that opportunity, and failed.

Actually, to be politically correct, the statement should read "acquitted ALLEGED baby killer", or "acquitted ACCUSED baby killer".

Actually, I agree with you.

Most of us do believe she is a murderer, however she was acquitted of the allegations and accusations.

Point taken.

I ain't THAT politically correct...or misinformed either.

Quoting me....

That, my friend, is the beauty of being me. I can think, no BELIEVE she is a baby killer. You dont have to agree. That is what is great about WS....and the good ole US of A.

*blows whistle, throws red flag, enters field indicating Time Out, Time Out like those football umpires do with their hands*

Stop and look around you. You are in the Sidebar Thread of the CAYLEE Anthony case.

We have pretty clear TOS and Rules about dealing with your fellow posters. If you haven't read them in a while, I can summarize in a very few words: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]Be respectful of one another even when you have different opinions.[/ame]

Play will resume in three... two... one...

Happy Hour Peeps - and let's keep it Happy -kwim?

my-booze.jpg

Most of us do believe she is a murderer, however she was acquitted of the allegations and accusations.

Point taken.

OK...but she's still a murderer. I mean, her acquittal did not erase the act. We just cannot refer to her as a CONVICTED murderer, right?

And I do not recall that anyone here has ever called her that so all's good.........right?

:rollercoaster:
I just love WS and all of you here! You keep me coming back!

Actually, most of the defense bar embraced Baez and Mason as conquering heroes after the verdict.

As a matter of fact, several prominent Florida defense attorneys proposed having Jose Baez and Cheney Mason be the keynote speakers at the 50th Anniversary Meeting of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.

At what cost? .... An all time new low? What a new standard to articulate to free your client by any and all means. Certainly the guilty have a new reference model.

Happy Hour Peeps - and let's keep it Happy -kwim?

my-booze.jpg

Thanks. I'll have a double. Then i am taking a break...enjoying my night and going beddy-bye. Tomorrow i shall try not to waste even one of my brain cells on FCA? She is simply not worth it. :skip: May the force be with you fellow sleuthers. :peace:

Omg! You guys! *smack, num, chomp* These black grapes I got at Sam's Club! * num, num, smack, smack, gulp* Sooooo goooood!! *smack, chomp, num* Seriously! *num, num*

Point taken.

ITA the state did not prove that FCA murdered Caylee. However, my understanding is that they were only required to eliminate reasonable doubt.

The fact is, an overwhelming majority of us who have followed the case very closely, examined all the available evidence (some of which was not presented in trial for various reasons), and gone over every possible permutation with fine toothed combs, agree that this person should have never been acquitted; that any doubt as to her hand in her daughter's death is one that defies common sense. Certainly the story that convinced the jury (versus the actual facts available), one that morphed over time and came out of the mouth of an inveterate liar was much more incredible and strained the boundaries of reason far more than the actual facts in evidence and the testimony of scores of credible witnesses to the contrary.

I doubt most of us feel that the state did less than its job in presenting the facts and that the only reason a more sensible verdict was not reached was due to the fact that a jury of 12 preferred a fantastical story without any discernible basis or proof over the multitude of facts in evidence that created a strong circumstantial case against the defendant. The disconnect for most of us is that a jury would immediately take the word of a proven liar and thief, with a story that does not logistically compute and actually contradicts the facts in evidence (particularly her version of the events on the morning of June 16 which are easily contradicted by phone and computer records), and without so much as even reviewing those presented facts, return a verdict in a way that was so hasty as to make a mockery of the entire judicial process. I won't even get started on all of the ways the defense team shamelessly manipulated the media and the court for fun and profit and wasted taxpayer time and money with unethical and unprofessional behavior and accusations.

And I won't bother to compare how many many murderers have been convicted on much less evidence and without a body simply because a jury was willing to admit the available evidence suggested a preponderance of guilt.

If local defense attorneys in Orlando are gloating it is probably because their jobs have been made easier by Barnum's old saying "there's a sucker born every minute" proving true in this case.

Casey faced a death penalty trial for something she didn't do and she was acquitted. Caylee's being dead does not prove that Casey killed her. If she is not allowed to "start over" after facing the suspicions that didn't prove anything, what is the justice system for anyhow? A popularity contest?

Well it does seem that Casey is taking a poll, the pulse of her popularity with these continual self-serving Video Diary releases.

Are these the actions of someone who not only spent 3 years in jail accused of murder but also her baby daughter was murdered!?!?

Is this still ugly coping?

How many more excuses are folks going to make for this acquitted child killer?

There is only ONE persn who can allow KC to "start over" rehabilitate and become a productive lawful member of society and that's Casey Anthony who is currently running out the clock on an appeal in order to frustrate civil legal actions.

I guess you have to want to change, to strive for change and, change in order to "start over" right? That desire is not one of the desires as has been consistently demonstrated.

Well it does seem that Casey is taking a poll, the pulse of her popularity with these continual self-serving Video Diary releases.

Are these the actions of someone who not only spent 3 years in jail accused of murder but also her baby daughter was murdered!?!?

Is this still ugly coping?

How many more excuses are folks going to make for this acquitted child killer?

There is only ONE persn who can allow KC to "start over" rehabilitate and become a productive lawful member of society and that's Casey Anthony who is currently running out the clock on an appeal in order to frustrate civil legal actions.

I guess you have to want to change, to strive for change and, change in order to "start over" right? That desire is not one of the desires as has been consistently demonstrated.

Or, as most of us would do if we were WRONGLY accused
1.) Shut up
2.) Put your shoulder down
3.) Do the work

Ha ahahaha ! eleventy!!!!111!!!!11

Point taken.

Point taken here as well.
Now...can we all go on and discuss this felon's post verdict's behavior?
Will it lead to a quiet life of normality?

ITA the state did not prove that FCA murdered Caylee. However, my understanding is that they were only required to eliminate reasonable doubt.

The fact is, an overwhelming majority of us who have followed the case very closely, examined all the available evidence (some of which was not presented in trial for various reasons), and gone over every possible permutation with fine toothed combs, agree that this person should have never been acquitted; that any doubt as to her hand in her daughter's death is one that defies common sense. Certainly the story that convinced the jury (versus the actual facts available), one that morphed over time and came out of the mouth of an inveterate liar was much more incredible and strained the boundaries of reason far more than the actual facts in evidence and the testimony of scores of credible witnesses to the contrary.

I doubt most of us feel that the state did less than its job in presenting the facts and that the only reason a more sensible verdict was not reached was due to the fact that a jury of 12 preferred a fantastical story without any discernible basis or proof over the multitude of facts in evidence that created a strong circumstantial case against the defendant. The disconnect for most of us is that a jury would immediately take the word of a proven liar and thief, with a story that does not logistically compute and actually contradicts the facts in evidence (particularly her version of the events on the morning of June 16 which are easily contradicted by phone and computer records), and without so much as even reviewing those presented facts, return a verdict in a way that was so hasty as to make a mockery of the entire judicial process. I won't even get started on all of the ways the defense team shamelessly manipulated the media and the court for fun and profit and wasted taxpayer time and money with unethical and unprofessional behavior and accusations.

And I won't bother to compare how many many murderers have been convicted on much less evidence and without a body simply because a jury was willing to admit the available evidence suggested a preponderance of guilt.

If local defense attorneys in Orlando are gloating it is probably because their jobs have been made easier by Barnum's old saying "there's a sucker born every minute" proving true in this case.

Amen!

In reading the "Casey Supporters" comments, threads, twitters, etc since the terrible awful no-good verdict, I have observed that they fall into 3 categories:
1. Attention seeking young men who want to "do" her.
2. Lonely women who want to "take her in" and fix her.
3. Those who maintain that her "not guilty" verdict proves that no murder occurred and that she should be free to "live her life." (proving the old adage that there are those who want to "kill the spirit of the law for the letter of the law.")

Not one of these groups of people have commented on her lunacy post verdict, where her actions are not those of a wrongly accused grieving mother but those who AMPLIFY her consciousness of guilt now more than ever. This is the very behavior that led to her arrest in the first place. All normal, common-sense thinking people in this case knew what they were dealing with. Then came all the evidence.

Defend the legalities and the verdict forever. Why? What is the point?

BBM

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

OK...but she's still a murderer. I mean, her acquittal did not erase the act. We just cannot refer to her as a CONVICTED murderer, right?

And I do not recall that anyone here has ever called her that so all's good.........right?

I see no problem with anyone calling her a murderer. She is or she isn't--no verdict can change reality. If she sues any WS'ers for defamation, they will only have to prove she's a murderer by a preponderance of the evidence (instead of beyond a reasonable doubt), which I think will be way easy. :)

I see no problem with anyone calling her a murderer. She is or she isn't--no verdict can change reality. If she sues any WS'ers for defamation, they will only have to prove she's a murderer by a preponderance of the evidence (instead of beyond a reasonable doubt), which I think will be way easy. :)

I...like love you AZ! Here here! (was so disappointed in RH's post earlier....why in the hell did he insert it in the thread like he did...so random!)

That is odd. The great majority of the MANY Lawyers I watched give an opinion (including yourself) over 3 years, described Baez as truly cringeworthy and an embarrassment to their profession. IIRC you called him a moron. The fact that the Jury returned the verdict that they did, did not suddenly make him a hero, except of course to one child killer.

CM and JB must be so proud that they freed a notorious child killer to go onto coo coo at her self image on her computer and make duck faces.

CA must be proud also ... What a shining example to emulate ... NOT!

I don't see a problem with it either. It is, after all, what she is. Nothing will ever change that.

I just cannot understand why people get upset by us calling Casey a murderer. Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law is a legal phrase, one that places no responsibility whatsoever on the general public.

If it makes things more palatable to the individual, I would not have a problem with anyone calling Casey an acquitted murderer or acquitted child killer. Because reality is, that's exactly what she is. However, for my own purposes of expression I prefer to think of Casey as not simply acquitted, but wrongfully acquitted. Because in my reality, that's exactly what she is.

If someone believes Casey to be innocent and prefers to refer to her that way, I am fine with it. What I am not fine with is their insistence that I refer to her that way as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken