Sidebar Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I...like love you AZ! Here here! (was so disappointed in RH's post earlier....why in the hell did he insert it in the thread like he did...so random!)

Because posting a controversial comment generates a lot of reaction, the same reason that Defense lawyers now like CM and JB -- as 'winners' -- since they generated a lot of media attention thus promotion thus client interest in taking a trial stance rather than pleading out. It opens the door to other guilty criminals pulling a KC.

I...like love you AZ! Here here! (was so disappointed in RH's post earlier....why in the hell did he insert it in the thread like he did...so random!)

I think RH was just replying to something another poster had said. The fact that most of us were left dry-heaving after JB's OS is one thing. In the defense world, it is about defending a client. Period. However, I believe RH has made it clear in his bloggings and interviews that he was not impressed with JB's tactics. So, there is at least one defense attorney that we know of in Florida with some scruples. :) I bet there are others, too!

Totes OT, but AZ, so very good to see you again! :blowkiss:

Because posting a controversial comment generates a lot of reaction, the same reason that Defense lawyers now like CM and JB -- as 'winners' -- since they generated a lot of media attention thus promotion thus client interest in taking a trial stance rather than pleading out. It opens the door to other guilty criminals pulling a KC.

:clap:

I see no problem with anyone calling her a murderer. She is or she isn't--no verdict can change reality. If she sues any WS'ers for defamation, they will only have to prove she's a murderer by a preponderance of the evidence (instead of beyond a reasonable doubt), which I think will be way easy. :)

BBM

Darn, y'all are making this hard. Point taken.

Dadgum! Am I in debate class? lol

We just need to be mindful that both sides have hot buttons and they are not easily recognizable until it is your hot button that is getting pushed, kwim?

A reminder that even though we are in the Sidebar, the term "baby killer" is still not acceptable. Whether prefaced by "alleged" or not.

ETA: Beach, your comment about debate class is very pertinent. In debate, one removes the personal, and uses only facts to support the ideas one is arguing for or against. IMO, it is possible in debate and on these threads to disagree vehemently with one's opponent/another poster, while still respecting that person and their right to hold their own point of view.

What you said... Gosh, it almost feels as if media types are exploiting a very small group of posters. LOL wud du u tink? - hashtag@twitter thingy thingy

Oh yes, and then there's the payout.

when the first video was released I was hell bent on defending it as a stolen therapy diary. Now, I gotta say, I am just floored. I wanted to give FCA credit for hiding out for so long. Sure seemed like the very least she could do all things considered. And her personality suggested to me that she'd be flaunting her freedom.

But omg, I no longer think these are stolen therapy videos thats for sure.

I see no problem with anyone calling her a murderer. She is or she isn't--no verdict can change reality. If she sues any WS'ers for defamation, they will only have to prove she's a murderer by a preponderance of the evidence (instead of beyond a reasonable doubt), which I think will be way easy. :)

Have I told you lately how much I love you, AZlawyer? You are the BEST!!!!! :woohoo::rocker:

I don't see a problem with it either. It is, after all, what she is. Nothing will ever change that.

I just cannot understand why people get upset by us calling Casey a murderer. Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law is a legal phrase, one that places no responsibility whatsoever on the general public.

If it makes things more palatable to the individual, I would not have a problem with anyone calling Casey an acquitted murderer or acquitted child killer. Because reality is, that's exactly what she is. However, for my own purposes of expression I prefer to think of Casey as not simply acquitted, but wrongfully acquitted. Because in my reality, that's exactly what she is.

If someone believes Casey to be innocent and prefers to refer to her that way, I am fine with it. What I am not fine with is their insistence that I refer to her that way as well.

ITA! Thank you so much for this. This is what I wanted to say, but I didn't say it as well or as thoughtful as you. Posters like you are why I love this place so much! :great:

I could be wrong and hopefully he clears it up eventually but it just may have been an attempt at humour. As has been pointed out, the 50th annual meeting of the FACDL would be in another 25 years. This year would be the 25th annual meeting.

http://www.facdl.org/index.php

MOO

:waitasec:

when the first video was released I was hell bent on defending it as a stolen therapy diary. Now, I gotta say, I am just floored. I wanted to give FCA credit for hiding out for so long. Sure seemed like the very least she could do all things considered. And her personality suggested to me that she'd be flaunting her freedom.

But omg, I no longer think these are stolen therapy videos thats for sure.

My guess is KC's handler's gave her a lot of attention when she was first released. Now the handler's are gone and she is bored stiff. What better way to get attention than what she is doing with the videos. She just does not care about anyone's opinion. She can only see her's. I don't even think it bothers her what people think or say as long as she gets attention. Sort of like a 2 year old doing whatever they can to get attention. She just doesn't care unless there is some focus on her, good, bad or indifferent. jmo

My guess is KC's handler's gave her a lot of attention when she was first released. Now the handler's are gone and she is bored stiff. What better way to get attention than what she is doing with the videos. She just does not care about anyone's opinion. She can only see her's. I don't even think it bothers her what people think or say as long as she gets attention. Sort of like a 2 year old doing whatever they can to get attention. She just doesn't care unless there is some focus on her, good, bad or indifferent. jmo

Makes me wonder if Josh Powell murdered Susan over jealousy for 'his' boys the same way KC took Caylee Marie? KC was not pleased with JG and CA taking Caylee was the final straw. I wonder if Josh wanted the boys to himself, could not have them love their Mother more/same as him and given he lost custody (no way he was going to ace the psycho sexual analysis) he took them out of spite?

Sound familiar? At least Josh removed himself as well. Tragic.

KC signs off, Exclusively me all about me and only me. The terrible 2's.

Makes me wonder if Josh Powell murdered Susan over jealousy for 'his' boys the same way KC took Caylee Marie? KC was not pleased with JG and CA taking Caylee was the final straw. I wonder if Josh wanted the boys to himself, could not have them love their Mother more/same as him and given he lost custody (no way he was going to ace the psycho sexual analysis) he took them out of spite?

Sound familiar? At least Josh removed himself as well. Tragic.

KC signs off, Exclusively me all about me and only me. The terrible 2's.

He killed his boys to rip out the hearts of the Coxes. So maybe it was a similar mindset to Casey since I think she did it at least in part to rip out the hearts of her parents.

My God...the whole world has just gone nuts, I'm afraid! I really fear what we will hear about next. At least JP took himself out, good riddance.

I am somewhat intrigued by the claim of the "52 photos" FCA has taken of herself, in different (some "sexy" poses :floorlaugh: )...what's she going to do with those? I believe they are going to eventually be hacked/leaked, too.

Hmmm, perhaps a book of a collection of photos all of herself? It would be one way for her to make some $$$, as I'm sure her followers/supporters and just plain "hot for her" guys would buy it. If so, may I suggest a title:

Self Portraits of a Psychopath :what:

(maybe I should have waited for that new thread to open to post this, but I couldn't resist. Beach-slap me if you must, mods :rocker: )

I am somewhat intrigued by the claim of the "52 photos" FCA has taken of herself, in different (some "sexy" poses :floorlaugh: )...what's she going to do with those? I believe they are going to eventually be hacked/leaked, too.

Hmmm, perhaps a book of a collection of photos all of herself? It would be one way for her to make some $$$, as I'm sure her followers/supporters and just plain "hot for her" guys would buy it. If so, may I suggest a title:

Portraits of a Psychopath :what:

(maybe I should have waited for that new thread to open to post this, but I couldn't resist. Beach-slap me if you must, mods :rocker: )

Well, there are 52 cards in a deck.

I could be wrong and hopefully he clears it up eventually but it just may have been an attempt at humour. As has been pointed out, the 50th annual meeting of the FACDL would be in another 25 years. This year would be the 25th annual meeting.

http://www.facdl.org/index.php

MOO

:waitasec:

Yes, you are correct....maybe a slow day down at the office, and they just popped in to blawg, blog, blahg...

June 7-10, 2012
FACDL 25th Annual Meeting
Click here to download the registration form.

Lookie here - we can all get matching caps!

http://www.facdl.org/FACDLGear/FACDL_Gear.html

Oh, I think the 52 will grow into a much, much bigger number...she's just starting to play with that camera of HERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni