WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever brought about this change of heart for Lena and Jo-Ann, I hope it's sincere and with good intentions. Vickie the whole world is waiting with bated breath for some good news to come our way. You have worked so hard and tirelessly for Aliayah. I certainly hope we find our little angel soon!

My birthday wish is for you to be found soon, beautiful angel! God bless all those who Have been searching for you!!

Lena and Ralph left Lewis County courthouse today at 12:15PM, both leaving from separate doors. Lena had a tear in her eye, which appears to reflect that she did not regain custody of the other children. Another source stated that DHHR still retains custody. On a side note, only two of Aliayah's supporters were at the courthouse.

Lena and Ralph left Lewis County courthouse today at 12:15PM, both leaving from separate doors. Lena had a tear in her eye, which appears to reflect that she did not regain custody of the other children. Another source stated that DHHR still retains custody. On a side note, only two of Aliayah's supporters were at the courthouse.

Ahhh, is this the reason for her appearance at the center last week?

Another clue to the puzzle Westinlund.

We were all scratching our heads wondering why she was there and even the media went so far as to state that she "seemed sincere" and "prayed."

According to Aunt Vickie Joanne suffered a stroke and I thought that might have been her change of heart. As for LL, I just thought she might have come to her senses. But, now we find out there was another custody hearing this week. So, maybe LL was trying to sway the courts by putting in a public appearance.

Thanks for keeping us up to date on what is happening locally. I try to swing by the news sites, but I admit that I missed the hearing completely. I, for one, am also satisfied that she and Ralph did not re-gain custody. At least not yet.

It' s not up to me to set the bar of who can and can't be a mother or who can or cannot have legal custody of their children. There were some allegations of child abuse and neglect. And, if I recall correctly, when LE and FBI entered the home, they said it was deplorable and unsanitary living conditions. Even without the fact that one of her children has been missing for 5 months, those two factors will probably keep LL separated from her other children for quite some time.

Oh, and I forgot about the alleged bath salt use and SNAP fraud.

On the bright side, I commend and respect LL for at least trying to get custody. Imagine what type of mother would never even try to see her children or get them back. I don't like her as much as the rest of you, but I can't deny that I feel she loves and misses them.

And before you all think that I want her to get them to back, let me say that I don't. I think this is more one of those situations where you don't what you got until it's gone.

Another clue to the puzzle Westinlund.

We were all scratching our heads wondering why she was there and even the media went so far as to state that she "seemed sincere" and "prayed."

According to Aunt Vickie Joanne suffered a stroke and I thought that might have been her change of heart. As for LL, I just thought she might have come to her senses. But, now we find out there was another custody hearing this week. So, maybe LL was trying to sway the courts by putting in a public appearance.

Thanks for keeping us up to date on what is happening locally. I try to swing by the news sites, but I admit that I missed the hearing completely. I, for one, am also satisfied that she and Ralph did not re-gain custody. At least not yet.

It' s not up to me to set the bar of who can and can't be a mother or who can or cannot have legal custody of their children. There were some allegations of child abuse and neglect. And, if I recall correctly, when LE and FBI entered the home, they said it was deplorable and unsanitary living conditions. Even without the fact that one of her children has been missing for 5 months, those two factors will probably keep LL separated from her other children for quite some time.

Oh, and I forgot about the alleged bath salt use and SNAP fraud.

On the bright side, I commend and respect LL for at least trying to get custody. Imagine what type of mother would never even try to see her children or get them back. I don't like her as much as the rest of you, but I can't deny that I feel she loves and misses them.

And before you all think that I want her to get them to back, let me say that I don't. I think this is more one of those situations where you don't what you got until it's gone.

Good points. I'm not 100% convinced that she truly wants her kids back though. Couldn't it be part of the SNAP case? Like, show good intentions with your children type of thing, and we'll lessen the charges? And we've already speculated about her looking at those kids as paychecks-- so that tear could have been at her continued loss of income.

I do think you are right about her not realizing what she had until it was gone, but I still think that is more tied to the $$$ associated with them. If she was really upset about missing having her kids by her side because she loved them, she would have shed a tear in public long before now.

I'm sorry for being so cynical- thank you for keeping the glass half full :)

Good points. I'm not 100% convinced that she truly wants her kids back though. Couldn't it be part of the SNAP case? Like, show good intentions with your children type of thing, and we'll lessen the charges? And we've already speculated about her looking at those kids as paychecks-- so that tear could have been at her continued loss of income.

I do think you are right about her not realizing what she had until it was gone, but I still think that is more tied to the $$$ associated with them. If she was really upset about missing having her kids by her side because she loved them, she would have shed a tear in public long before now.

I'm sorry for being so cynical- thank you for keeping the glass half full :)

BBM
Won't she/shouldn't she have to get a job (ETA at least temporarily) now that she doesn't have children to care for? It doesn't sound like her mom is able to pay for all of her expenses too? :waitasec:

Maybe she has one? - I haven't read many articles about the situation lately... I just come online and hope as Websleuths opens that I'll see a big FOUND next to Aliayah's name :(

It's hard NOT to be cynical - with all the info we've been given personally and via MSM. Someone so blessed with all those healthy children, without a clue .... :twocents:

BBM
Won't she/shouldn't she have to get a job (ETA at least temporarily) now that she doesn't have children to care for? It doesn't sound like her mom is able to pay for all of her expenses too? :waitasec:

Maybe she has one? - I haven't read many articles about the situation lately... I just come online and hope as Websleuths opens that I'll see a big FOUND next to Aliayah's name :(

It's hard NOT to be cynical - with all the info we've been given personally and via MSM. Someone so blessed with all those healthy children, without a clue .... :twocents:

Good point about the job, I hadn't thought about that. I wonder if she has gotten one-- maybe the locals would know. Pretty sure we would have heard by now though. Hopefully her not having a job isn't a sign that it is likely she will get her kids back-- yikes :(

Can't wait for the day it says FOUND either.

Good point about the job, I hadn't thought about that. I wonder if she has gotten one-- maybe the locals would know. Pretty sure we would have heard by now though. Hopefully her not having a job isn't a sign that it is likely she will get her kids back-- yikes :(

Can't wait for the day it says FOUND either.

BBM -
in my world, getting a job would show determination as opposed to doing nothing? She could get a job and put money back for the kids. :floorlaugh:

I know that's not nice, but I say that because of her past history - I'd love to think she's turning over a new leaf, and will ditch the bath salt user to get her kids back. Wonder if that was one of the deals on the table?

I haven't seen anything about court in the news. Guessing they don't publicize any of that unless there are criminal charges regarding abuse.

WBOY and WDTV both have a video on about the search effort out of the Eagles Club. (added to archive, btw)

http://www.centralwestvirginian.net/find-aliayah.html

A hearing has been scheduled for Feb. 13, 2012, at 11:45 a.m., in the Lewis County Circuit Court Courtroom, which is when and where the biological father of the missing girl may step forward to show cause against the termination of parental rights.

Looks like it wasn't a regular custody hearing but a follow up on the legal notice from a weeks ago about the termination of parental rights.

Going up :up:

Sitting here thinking of you sweet little Aliayah

:waiting:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bringt...em-home-split-episode-namus-aliayah-lundsford

If you have speakers, this is worth a listen. This is a radio talk show/blog dedicated to reunited missing persons with their families. It is in joint connection with the PPP recovery team. The PPP recovery team with Joe Nick and the radio personality of Bring Them Home, Rachel Jackson were both in Weston last week searching for Aliayah and doing interviews.

The first 85 minutes of the 120 minute show is dedicated to Namus. If you fast forward to the 85 minute mark, you will hear an interview from Websleuth member and great aunt of Aliayah, Vickie Bowen.

http://www.wboy.com/story/16946597/2012/02/15/elderly-lewis-county-man-found?clienttype=printable

Not sure if it has ever been determined if this gentleman is related to Aliyah or not. Came up in my daily google search for fresh Aliayah news.

If he is related to Aliayah's Lunsfords this family sure has had its share of tragic disappearances.

Regardless if he is connected to this group of Lunsfords or not, I hope for his family's sake that he is found, safe and well.

UPDATE

West Virginia State Police located Oscar Lunsford, 87 on Feb. 16.

Thankfully he appears to have been found safe
ETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members