Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though this looks like another false alarm; at least it brought media to Brittanee's case again. They had an interview with Dawn tonight in Rochester, and it was hard to see her put through another false alarm.

Was Brittanee captured by a sex offender? Police link convicted rapist in mysterious cold case of student who disappeared on Spring BreakBy Meghan Keneally

Last updated at 3:05 AM on 17th February 2012

The cold case of the missing teenage girl who disappeared while on spring break three years ago is now coming back into the spotlight as police identify a convicted sex offender as a ‘person of interest’.
Brittanee Drexel, who was 17 at the time of her ill-fated vacation, disappeared after leaving a group of friends at their hotel in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina around 9pm.
When she left the Blue Water Resort, she headed back to the room where she and some girlfriends were staying at the Bar Harbor Hotel which is just 1.4 miles away down a busy road.

Security footage at the Bar Harbor Hotel shows that Brittanee never made it there.

article-2102380-11C6252D000005DC-513_306x445.jpg
article-2102380-11C62509000005DC-174_306x445.jpg

Linked: Police think that Raymond Moody is involved in both the disappearances of Crystal Soles (left) and Brittanee Drexel (right) who went missing in 2005 and 2009 respectively

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2102380/Was-Brittanee-Drexel-captured-sex-offender-Police-link-convicted-rapist-Raymond-Moody-mysterious-cold-case-student-disappeared-Spring-Break.html

Even though this looks like another false alarm; at least it brought media to Brittanee's case again. They had an interview with Dawn tonight in Rochester, and it was hard to see her put through another false alarm.

Has more come out that makes this a probable false alarm? Or do you just not believe this is the guy?

I am 99.9999999999999999999999% sure that the kids who were with her know a lot more than they are telling. I wrote an opinion piece about the guilt they must feel and submitted it to the Democrat and Chronicle about a year and a half ago. I woke up after a nap one day to find the D&C had called me, but they didn't leave a message. The number that showed up was blocked.

Hi R-Girl !!!

I kinda feel the same way, for whatever reason I have been dead set on that gang ("3-4") from North Santee / McClellanville.

unless there is some sort of connection?

Hmmm wonder if Moody ever had a mustache? Check out the composite sketch in Allison's case & compare to Moody's pic, cluciano. There is a resemblence, IMO.

wm

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/16954...in-drexel-disappearance#.Tz2G2gr5hug.facebook

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3074343/

I think the perp in Allison's case is probably the local taxi driver, Tim Iannone, not Moody. Iannone looks like that composite also and there is a lot that points to him (even though LE kind of cleared him at one point and then backtracked, he is still a suspect).

I'm hoping for answers for Brittanee's family.

Look who I found on the AOL homepage. If nothing else, this has provided lots of exposure for Britt.

Attachments

• aol.jpg
    aol.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 62
Hi all!!
our local channel 5 news just posted this story, so im not sure if new info over riding MB news!! but heres link::

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF/WCSC) - MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - Six months after staying tight lipped about who they were investigating as a person of interest in the disappearance of Brittanee Drexel, investigators in Myrtle Beach are releasing names.

Capt. David Knipes, spokesman for the Myrtle Beach Police Department, confirmed Thursday that investigators are now naming Raymond Moody, 51, of Georgetown County, as a person of interest in the 2009 disappearance of New York teen Brittanee Drexel.

link:::::http://www.live5news.com/story/16954642/mbpd-names-person-of-interest-in-drexel-disappearance

I wanted to repost this video from 8-1-2011 where the reporter goes to Moody's workplace to interview him.....

http://www2.scnow.com/news/grand-st...est-suspect-brittanee-drexel-case-ar-2214968/

I went back and reread the first several pages of this thread. There is information there that we dug up on Moody at the time. I would still like to know if he was travelling north or south when he received that speeding ticket (the day after Britt went missing)in Surfside Beach because that would be a big clue for me in finding Brittanee. MOO

wm

I hope this is the break LE needs. I wonder if RM is connected in any way to the Taylor group.

Dawn said she was not contacted at all in her interview in Rochester by the police that this is just the same information as before.

Interview with Dawn, looks like other networks my be cutting words out of her statement.

http://rochesterhomepage.net/fulltext?nxd_id=300582

News of the report reached Dawn Drexel at her home in Rochester. She said if the police had new information about her daughter's disappearance, she's confident they would have reached out to her. In this instance, they did not.

Still, as each new report surfaces, she struggles to balance her hopes for a break in the case with the disappointment that comes when there isn't one. "It's hard to go through all the emotions that you feel, you know, are they finally looking at somebody that may know where Brittanee is or, I mean a lot of things go through my mind and it's very stressful and hard to come down off of that," she said.

Drexel said she has no immediate plans to travel to Myrtle Beach. Her next trip is planned for a conference in late March, and then another trip at the third anniversary of Brittanee's disappearance in late April.

It sounds to me here than the only news is that police confirmed his name. His name was already known, because it was released by hotel staff, but was unconfirmed by LE.

They released news last year around this time. We're rapidly coming up on the three year anniversary of Brittanee's disappearance and LE doesn't want to be seen as "doing nothing."

MOO!

l.jpg

hopefully this will be the year we see this smile again.

Investigation Discovery has a series called "Disappeared" and today they ran one on Brittanee. I'd forgotten that one of the kids who came back to Rochester hired a lawyer when he returned and that he and his friends had left at 2am the night Brit disappeared. He said one of the kids parents pressured their kid to return right away. I think this kid (I don't remember the name.) has a lot more information than he's letting out. I'm not convinced this kid has been adequately investigated. JMO

I don't know if they plan to run it again. I know they aren't today, but they probably will sometime.

Brittanee's episode of Disappeared will be shown:

Feb 22 @ 7 PM EST on OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network)

I spoke with my Mom while I was at work a few days ago, and I was really thrilled to hear her say that we may have heard new information. However, I was a bit let down when I got home and read the information stating RM was the primary POI in the case......... okay, we've known that since August. He's a creep. What's new?! Now LE has officially named him the primary POI, what are they going to do to try and find her?
I mean... I'm really hoping there will be more to this than the information we've received in the past few days. I know there's been a lot of talk about Brittanee's case possibly being connected with the Crystal Soles case (which, by the way, I never even knew a Crystal Soles was missing). I'm interested to hear what exactly LE thinks they have that may tie the two cases together. I know that at this point in the investigation it's crucial for LE to not mention too much to the public, but I really just pray for Brittanee's family & friend's that this will be the break they have been waiting for over the past dreadful ALMOST three years.

Another thought.... They searched RM's apartment back in August, and there were confirmed reports that LE had taken several items out of the apartment for testing.. and IIRC there was a news website/station that had actually gotten to go inside AFTER the LE search was complete and got to take pictures of the interior of the apartment. I believe I recall seeing a few spots on the walls where wallpaper was taken off? & I remember seeing a picture of the bathroom that striked me as strange, but I can't remember exactly what it was..
ANYWAY- It's been 6 months since the apartment was searched & the items were taken out for testing- I know Brittanee has been missing for almost three years now, so even if they were to find any evidence in the apartment, it would probably take a really long time to get the results from the testing of the items taken out, correct? If so, wouldn't 6 months seem like an appropriate amount of time for the testing to be completed? I know it's a longshot... but, I can't really decide between the fact of whether LE has something they aren't telling us that for sure connects RM to the case in one way or another.... or, as said before, if LE knows that the three year anniversary is coming up, so they just decided to release more "news" and "updates" that we already knew about 6 months ago to make themselves look better.........:banghead:

I also watched Brittanee's case on Disappeared tonight- always praying for her loved ones! I can't imagine how difficult of a time this must be for them.
Watching the other cases of Disappeared really scares me though.... because a lot of the people missing will stay missing for 20+ years, and still to this day have never been found... I don't want that to happen to Brittanee's family. No one deserves that pain & grief.

I kind of feel like I never know which way this investigation was going to go.. I'll be completely honest, in the beginning, my thoughts were dead set on the fact of believing that PB had something to do with her disappearance. As time went on, I watched him on the Dr. Phil show, and saw that he was willingly cooperating with LE, I became more and more unsure of myself that he had anything to do with it. Then, there were the Taylor boys & the attempted abduction @ MB just a little over a year after Brittanee came up missing at almost the exact same location... and not to forget the fact that they lived extremely close to where her cell phone last pinged.. Again, I felt almost positive that they had something to do with it- again, I was proved wrong. Now with RM, I feel like the answers are just getting closer and closer, and I just can't imagine her family having to deal with another let down.

Was the little argument or whatever u wanna call it with her so called friends where they wanted some clothes back...Did this happen the very day she went missing or did that happen during the day but the day before she went missing..?

Was the little argument or whatever u wanna call it with her so called friends where they wanted some clothes back...Did this happen the very day she went missing or did that happen during the day but the day before she went missing..?

It was the very day she went missing! The kids she rode with down to MB were a little bit older than her, and kind of did their own thing while Brittanee felt somewhat isolated. She knew that PB & his friends were also in MB for Spring Break, and they weren't staying too far from where she was. I believe the pair of shorts Brittanee was wearing at the time of her disappearance belonged to one of the girls she was sharing a room with. I think Brittanee borrowed the shorts obviously thinking her 'friend' wouldn't mind, so she got dressed and made the mile walk to the BlueWater resort where PB & his friends were staying. IIRC, Brittanee was there with them no longer than 30 minutes or so, and Brittanee's friend called saying Brittanee needed to come back because the friend wanted her shorts back to wear out that night. It was around 8:30ish, not quite dark yet, but close.. so she left the resort & never made it back to her hotel to give the shorts back.

Calling to have her return the shorts and then having her disappear on that walk back seems a little odd to me. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks