Still Missing CA - Michaela Garecht, 9, Hayward, 19 Nov 1988 *ARREST*

Hang on everyone the next few weeks are going to be a roller coaster all the way around.

I guess they started on the second well today........This is making me sick to my stomach!

I guess they started on the second well today........This is making me sick to my stomach!

From what I just read they WII start in the morning. They are tiring up loose ends on well 1 lowering in a camera and also bring in the dogs that they used last week in Calaveras.

From what I gather they are going to use the dogs on this well. I think they are going to maybe take it a little more careful and possibly not just use a backhoe. And treat it more like a Archelogly dig (sp) I least I hop that is the case.

I'm sure this is so tough to follow for all involved. I find myself checking four or five times a day to see if there are new articles posted about this search. I agree with JDB that there will be a huge influx of information in the next few weeks. The fact that multiple families will get answers in due time is reassuring.

And while I hold out hope for Sharon, I want her to have answers either way. She deserves them very much. She's such a strong person.

Sharon is still holding out hope that Michaela is alive, all the while trying to come to terms with the possibility that Michaela is in that well. My heart breaks for her.

Where did you read that Loren confessed and that Michaela's remains could be in the other well? I've been following this case closely and haven't seen mention of either thing anywhere. In fact, reports have said that Loren did not confess to taking Michaela. He is being implicated because Shermantine thinks he resembles the sketch of Michaela's abductor.

Her mother on facebook mentioned this rumor. It is another rumor until proven other wise. It has also been mentioned on the news along with many articles. I could go through and track them all down again and talk to Sharon, if you want to read them. ** Shermantine made claims that Loren took her, which he now says he has been misquoted, but that has not been proven either.

Bumping for Michaela.

Please go to Sharons blog and read what she says about Michaela and this case. Maybe something she has written about will help sp
ark some ideas.

I truly hope she can come home soon!

http://www.dearmichaela.com/

Thank you LepriKawn, Sharon is an amazing mother, I hope she knows Michaela is so lucky to have her

I ran across an article on Malakia Logan. An eight year old girl from South Carolina that went missing 05-15-1988. That is about 6 months before Michaela's abduction. The abductor in Malakia's case was described as a 5'9 white male, long dirty blond hair, and severe pockmarked face. Also, he drove an older model Monte Carlo. I wasn't able to obtain a sketch of him since there really wasn't many articles in the archive.. but the few articles I did read said one was circulated at the time. Unfortunately this little girl received very little attention from the media.

Case similarities: the kidnapper description, similar car, both girls similar age (I think Malakia would have turned 9 very shortly after her abduction), both abducted from places where a crowd of people could identify the kidnapper (a pretty bold abduction).

Differences - One child was white, one African-american. One happened in the morning, one at night. One on the west coast, one on the east coast.

Sadly Malakia was found deceased, I believe in 91, but Dna testing could not confirm that till later. Is it possible that the kidnapper could have committed a crime on the east coast and then took off to the west coast to remain undetected? Since his sketch was circulated mainly throughout South Carolina.. it would make sense to get as far away as possible, correct?

Thoughts?

I have always wondered if timothy bindner was connected to all the san fran bay missing children.

Binder is someone that really makes you wonder. Sadly he has put himself in a position where law enforcement is afraid to look at him much.

I believe that most of not all of the Bay area abductions are connected, I just wish they would find out who it is. Because people like this don't stop unless they are dead or locked up.

@Leprikawn:
I agree! I have always thought Angela Bugay was a trigger case for him. I know he had nothing to do with that case, but Amber Swartz-Garcia reminds me so much of Angela, I have always thought he had something to do with her disappearance because he was so infatuated with Angela. I encourage anyone interested in the Bay area disappearances to read Stalemate, and see what they think afterwards.
I also don't think all of them are connected. I do believe they have charged the wrong person with Amber's vanishing ( her mother Kim also thinks this). Her case is closed now, with no body.

Bumping for Michaela.........A solvable case and there are people who know what happened, and they need to give specific clues to bring her home!

Be a human Being and give her mother some peace!

Very solvable considering it was broad daylight with witnesses! You can remain anonymous just please at the very least let her come home!

we are a little over 2 months away from the anniversary of the kidnapping! Sadly this is a solvable case, yet its still unsolved.

The police have thousands of tips, several suspects, and yet nothing!

Someone out there.....maybe someone reading this forum......knows what happened and who the kidnapper is. Why do you protect this man?

I dont believe that Shermantine or Herzog had anything to with this.....I did for awhile but a few things changed my mind.
So many people watched this car swerve down Mission BLVD, yet Nothing! Someone has to have some info, that can make this Puzzle come together.

I also believe that Michaela is alive, something I have thought about for years, but lately I have trusted my gut and I just dont feel that she is dead. It was so brazen of a kidnapping, in broad daylight in front of witnesses, I just feel that a person that would take that many chances wanted to keep her. Jaycee being found is a good example of this.

Sorry about the rant. Just read Sharons blog and didnt know what to say to her, so I thought I would Bump Michaela so ideas and thoughts started flowing again!

~ Rod

I also have the gut feeling she is alive, they way the abduction occured just makes me feel that way. She was taken outta a whim, just like Jaycee was. The person saw her, and wanted her, and took her. This person can definitely be seen as a disorganized criminal, I don't believe he would be the type to make plans, I think he would be more likely to take it day by day, which is why I can see him still having her. (Again, I base this on how brazen the abduction was, in front of witnesses, broad daylight.)
I think it's eery how she could be out there, watching everyone look for her, but be so brain washed and dependent on her captors, she doesn't reach out to be found.
Anything is possible, just my opinions, I hope they find her, this is a solvable case, we just need the right people to come forward.
I have also always wondered if other people are involved-did he take her for himself, for someone else, does he have a "wife" or "partner" or "family" he's keeping her with, like Jaycee or Elizabeth Smart?

A little over a month till the anniversary of her abduction! Her mother has been posting about Michaela being in the UAE! Its sounding more and more like a possibility. Sharon posted information on how Michaela can get help if she is indeed in the UAE.

So if you are looking at Webslueths Michaela, because of a web search on your name, you need to go to a US Embassy, they have your information and will help you and protect you!

Speed Freak duo update: CBS13 has obtained a report from a forensic anthropologist showing the remains of JoAnn Hobson were co-mingled with remains of at least two other people. One of those victims appears to be a child between 5 and 14 years old.

The remains have been sent to the Hayward Police Department for DNA testing in Michaela's case.

More at this link:
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/10/10/childs-remains-found-in-linden-well/

Heartbreaking. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member