POI in Lindsey's Case

If he's the one who took Lindsey, I'm thinking he's worried now, he knows that his stories aren't lining up with what LE knows, he knows his alibi will eventually fall apart, he knows if they find Lindsey's body that there could possibly be something there that would lead back to him.
Was he careful enough? Did he drop anything? Did he leave anything behind that will connect him directly to Lindsey's body? Did he hide her good enough?
He has to be asking himself all of these questions now and it has to be eating him alive wanting go out and check to make sure. I hope he does, I really hope he goes to check on her and I hope the eyes of LE are upon him when he does.

Hi Momtective, Your post slowly raised the fine hairs on my back and I felt every one move. LOL But I sincerely hope this is what is going on in his head if he did take Lindsey. Panicky, but maybe nervous enough to start driving by, thinking there is no way LE would know what he was doing.

Please let this be the reason Lindsey is found.

RE the section I bolded above...

According to the timeline.. MB called LE sometime around 10:50-11 pm.
So TH says he "heard the call on the radio", "helped search after talking to Chief Crumb*", "went home to try to get some sleep, couldn't so he returned to help search".
All of this within an hours time?

*Chief Crumb says this never happened according to the Komo article posted earlier
\

Maybe he got tripped up as he said too much or the wrong thing about what he heard on the radio. It could be something about the exact time the call went out on the radio that doesn't fit - or maybe about what TH said CC said to him which was not the case. Enough of a red flag to get a warrant to search.

If you'd like to see the complete list of what was seized you can check out http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151940&page=4. I picked the paper work up in November and posted the complete list the other day.

I read through the list of what was seized. The two items that seemed the most likely to be useful for securing or binding a person would be the green resistance and the blue exercise band. One was found in his home the other in the garage. I own two versions of theses bands both came with 3 different colored bands in each of the purchases. First,I would like to know if the original package had a third colored band if it did then what did he do with the missing band? Perhaps this sounds trivial but I thought it was worth mentioning? :sigh:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/02/09/2028330/video-released-of-person-of-interest.html

he gives me the utter creeps...

in the cctv video he keeps looking out the door of the store (he did it like 5-6 or more times in just a few seconds)...

eta: I just counted: he looked out the front of the store 7 times in 30 some seconds.

And looking in the direction in which he came and left from.

You are right. It does not look dark outside at all.
Not that I can explain this away, but I'm a photographer and you would be amazed at how bright and intense some flourencent lighting can be. I am pretty sure this could be night because of how washed out the concrete is infront of the store.
If you look closely, you can see the headlights are turned on for the white vehicle outside.

In my opinion, he is very nervous in the store surveillance video. The way that he keeps looking out the door shows nerves. It may just be me, but I think that he was nervous about the white car sitting outside of the door. I think he was very nervous that this person may see or hear something; and he is checking on them to see if they are suspicious. This guy really sets off my meters!! I am hoping for justice for Lindsey finally!

I think car must have those automatic lights that come on when you turn the car on, and lots of cars in washington state are set to be like this, due to all the fog and rain we get. We are doing so too insure we are seen. I can state with great memory how long a day that was with light it sticks out in my mind like yesterday. When I heard the news Lindsey was missing, I live in Mason county not far from McCleary and I use to hang out in McCleary as a teen my parents knew people there. That day was light till almost 10pm and even then it was fading light out...She went missing in the prime of the evening though when parents are calling kids inside to settle down, when prime time television shows were starting etc...Maybe that is why no one seen anything just a thought.

If you'd like to see the complete list of what was seized you can check out http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151940&page=4. I picked the paper work up in November and posted the complete list the other day.

I read through the list of what was seized. The two items that seemed the most likely to be useful for securing or binding a person would be the green resistance and the blue exercise band. I was looking to see if there were any tiewraps. But did not see that listed.

I was going to describe my resistance bands. These are tubing & I purchased them approx four years ago ...the three sizes are ,
62" long-length heavy resistance band(red)
18.5" figure-8 medium resistance band(yellow)
30.5" circular light resistance band (green)

Then I have a package of three stretch bands these are flat. These are purple,blue and red.
These are stretchy and would easily bind hands or legs. I wonder if there are receipts for the bands or if a manufacturer could be identified. My tubing bands are made by Nike. My stretch
bands by Gold's Gym. I wonder if TH went to a gym. The gym I used to go to had numerous EMT's and firemen who work out. Where I am going with this ....is it likely TH worked out with the
resistance bands or did he have them stashed for another purpose? What other purpose would he
keep one in the garage for? Was there a third missing band? I just find it odd he has a resistance band in the garage. I am sure this was a crime of opportunity. I could see him keeping one in his vehicle,one in the garage and one in the house.I keep all of mine stashed in a cubbyhole in the closet. Just questions that occur to me.

He could have been grooming neighborhood girls for a long time. Gaining their trust until the time was right. Waiting for an opportunity to strike. I do not know if LB was singled out or if TH used
his position as a businessman and EMT to gain the trust of LB & all her friends. I am positive TH is a predator and enjoyed stalking his victim.:waitasec:

But why was she in his store if it was a jewelry store? And with a door that requires being buzzed in?

Great question!!!

Does he also sell costume jewelry, like you buy at the drugstore or K-Mart or Target?

Why would a 10 year old be in a jewelry store?

Salem

ETA: JUST IGNORE THIS :) It was answered above.

Ugh..... I hate this waiting and waiting. Please let there be some news soon!

KOMO reporter Keith Eldridge to Tim Hartman: "...and you don't know where Lindsey is..."

Hartman to Eldridge: "..ha ha, no, I don't..."

But he shakes his head yes. What does that mean? What does it mean to a body language expert?

Here's the tiny short clip from the longer vid-

Lindsey Baum -WA- :: Short Snippet: "No, I don't" video by crankycrankerson - Photobucket

I can't resist this. From the link: http://liespotting.com/liespotting-basics/body/

about lie spotting. The first hotspot: moving the head in a direction different from the words coming out of the mouth. Nod yes, while saying no or vice versa.

Hotspot #3, the half-shrug.

Hotspot #4, keeping the torso stiff so it doesn't give anything away.

I can't see his legs, hands or arms, dang it. But he does sort of give a half shrug when he pokes his chin out while saying no.

I want news, news, news, news.

Salem

Hello all, I am trying to get caught up on Lindsey's case. In reading through the threads, I noticed that in this post from 2010 kageykaren notes that a white car kept coming up from various sources throughout the investigation:

Starting over again - Brainstorm session - Page 5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Isn't TH's car white???

Can some WSers who are more knowledgeable than I about this case weigh in with their opinions of:

1.) Was there significant/repeated mention of a white car early on in the investigation/search for Lindsey?

2.) Do you feel it will ultimately be determined that this was indeed TH's car?

3.) Do you think there's a chance it could be the same white car in the surveillance video and;

4.) If so, do you think this could indicate that more than one person was involved (I'm thinking this could explain TH's repeated glancing in that direction that cocomod mentioned upthread)? Or,

5.) Could the white car outside the convenience store have been TH's car??? (If so, thinking he could have been nervous about whatever he had in it at the time...)

Sorry for the lengthy post, and sorry also if many of my questions are irrelevant or repeats--just trying to put pieces together.

Thanks in advance for any opinions on this!

Again, this may be a repeat, but just wondering...

I read somewhere here that Lindsey had been known to shoplift. I'm wondering if she may have tried it at TH's store? If so, he might have told her that he wouldn't tell anyone if she complied with???

Also, it seems like a lot of the stuff taken with the warrants indicate that *if* TH did have Lindsey, it may have been for some period of time. Toothbrushes, a pink hairbrush, the bedding--just seems like things someone would have for someone staying with them. :(

Hope this poor baby gets justice soon.

Hello all, I am trying to get caught up on Lindsey's case. In reading through the threads, I noticed that in this post from 2010 kageykaren notes that a white car kept coming up from various sources throughout the investigation:

Starting over again - Brainstorm session - Page 5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Isn't TH's car white???

Can some WSers who are more knowledgeable than I about this case weigh in with their opinions of:

1.) Was there significant/repeated mention of a white car early on in the investigation/search for Lindsey?

2.) Do you feel it will ultimately be determined that this was indeed TH's car?

3.) Do you think there's a chance it could be the same white car in the surveillance video and;

4.) If so, do you think this could indicate that more than one person was involved (I'm thinking this could explain TH's repeated glancing in that direction that cocomod mentioned upthread)? Or,

5.) Could the white car outside the convenience store have been TH's car??? (If so, thinking he could have been nervous about whatever he had in it at the time...)

Sorry for the lengthy post, and sorry also if many of my questions are irrelevant or repeats--just trying to put pieces together.

Thanks in advance for any opinions on this!

1) The only time I remember hearing about the white car was online. I (personally) never confirmed with any of Lindseys friends if there was any truth to the white car thing. Other people might have more info on this

2) Again, can't answer this.

3) I don't believe the people in the white car in the video had anything to do with Lindseys disappearance. Nor any connection to Tim. The were just customers at Mikes that night. I'm sure LE has talked to them already.

4) I believe whoever took Lindsey acted alone.

5) No, that car was not THs car.

Thanks, JennO, for clearing that up--much admiration for your hard work and dedication to Lindsey!

I have lived all over WA and one of my daghters was born in Aberdeen, so Lindsey's disppearance has been extra heartbreaking and bothersome to me, but I haven't had the opportunity to follow it as closely as I would have liked.

Trying hard to get caught up, but finding there's an amazing amount of material...

I would think a jewelry store would have at least one (if not more) surveillance cameras of its own, especially with the buzz-in door.

Does anyone (JennO? :) ) know if TH's store had cameras?

If he's our guy, it may fit the MO of being at the search, etc. that he might keep video from that day, rather than destroying it (you know, to prove how much smarter he is than LE, etc.) KWIM?

Just my own thoughts and all that...

I would think a jewelry store would have at least one (if not more) surveillance cameras of its own, especially with the buzz-in door.

Does anyone (JennO? :) ) know if TH's store had cameras?

If he's our guy, it may fit the MO of being at the search, etc. that he might keep video from that day, rather than destroying it (you know, to prove how much smarter he is than LE, etc.) KWIM?

Just my own thoughts and all that...

I'm not JennO with her wealth of knowledge, but I do know she's got a major kitchen remodel going on. I'll let her know she's being asked.

But this is a good question and one I have wondered about because I don't remember anything about this. It's also entirely possible I may have forgotten this info. I'm sure she'll enlighten us in some way or another.

I've only ever been in the jewelry store once.. I have no idea if he has cameras or not.

I would think if he did LE would have taken videos from his store during their searches and I don't recall seeing any on the list.

Again, this may be a repeat, but just wondering...

I read somewhere here that Lindsey had been known to shoplift. I'm wondering if she may have tried it at TH's store? If so, he might have told her that he wouldn't tell anyone if she complied with???

Also, it seems like a lot of the stuff taken with the warrants indicate that *if* TH did have Lindsey, it may have been for some period of time. Toothbrushes, a pink hairbrush, the bedding--just seems like things someone would have for someone staying with them. :(

Hope this poor baby gets justice soon.

Hi Kiki, That is the first thing I thought of when I heard this man was the local jeweler. I hope I am remembering this correctly, but she had been accused of taking something from the jewelry store. Please correct me if I'm wrong and I'll have the Mod delete this post.

If so it could go to motive. If he thought she had taken something it might have messed up his mind, and when and if he saw her walk by his store he might have thought he was going to grill her again and get to the truth. And maybe he was too harsh with her and she fell or hit her head and she died. I could see something like that happening, not too far fetched IMO.

What warrant? Do you mean the warrant on the home of the kid who worked at the Beehive Retirement Center? He did have a white automobile.

I don't get to read WS as much as I used to; but when I get on I always check on Lindsey since she was one of the first two cases I followed. I'm thrilled to read that there is some movement on her case. I know there are a few devoted posters that have been here from the beginnng and I thank y'all so much for keeping the case hot and those like me informed. I'm greatful. I hope this is the time for Lindsey to be found and the perp caught! (I won't get my hopes up too high although they're pretty high already.) :)

I've only ever been in the jewelry store once.. I have no idea if he has cameras or not.

I would think if he did LE would have taken videos from his store during their searches and I don't recall seeing any on the list.

JennO, I did actually think of that, too :highfive: , but a lot of those cameras are all digital now, and LE removed a LOT of computers, external storage devices, etc. Seems like he might be a techie, and if so, and IF the store has/d cameras, I'll bet a donut the storage is digital and not tape. (JMO and all...)

P.S. Thanks for taking the time to respond; remodeling is a major production!

I'm not JennO with her wealth of knowledge, but I do know she's got a major kitchen remodel going on. I'll let her know she's being asked.

But this is a good question and one I have wondered about because I don't remember anything about this. It's also entirely possible I may have forgotten this info. I'm sure she'll enlighten us in some way or another.

Wow, Breanna! Thanks button wasn't enough!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back