State vs. Jason Lynn Young 02-29-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
background is always presented for an expert witness... no matter which side of the aisle...

(this part can get tedious I agree but a great time to get another cuppa)

He said "it was hard to leave (FBI) b/c you were making some good money". Money motivation perhaps? He likes to talk about himself and his promotions and being recruited. I already feel he has an agenda. I wonder how much he is being paid.

Just my initial gut reaction. I know I am biased.

I find it odd that he was only at the FBI for 2 1/2 years. It is so hard to get on, not many walk away that quickly. My ex tried for years for FBI & ATF and never got on. Now I have two boys gearing their careers that way. One Navy going specops, hoping for federal after his service ends & one criminal justice major wanting to go FBI or CIA. I just find it very strange he'd walk so quickly.

And after they had already been laying there since the day before.:seeya:

I think JY assumed if MY didn't show up for her scheduled doctor's appointment that day and CY didn't show up to daycare, someone would have called him to "check on them" if they couldn't reach MY. Then that could have started his would be attempts to find out why they didn't show....eventually resulting in the discovery of MY's body and CY at the house. When the doctors office and daycare didn't call, then it came down to Ambrose showing up in the evening, but that failed, so he came up with the "retrieve the fax idea" for MF. He was grasping at straws to get someone else to find them. JMO

What does this mean? They will get to cross before the jury is in the room and then do it again after? Like a test run? :waitasec:

No, he just doesn't want to have to start cross before lunch without consulting with his own expert.

What does this mean? They will get to cross before the jury is in the room and then do it again after? Like a test run? :waitasec:

No, it means HC gets the lunch break to consult with the State expert before he crosses this DT expert.

For those who can't watch, expert is just giving the jury a quick lesson in print exclusion comparison technique right now on a large computer monitor.

Beaver claims she saw a vehicle exiting the Young residence at 5:15 then Hensley sees one at 6:15, I guess they came back to clean up Cassidy.

Not that this was a factor, but Daylight savings time ended on Oct. 28th...5 days earlier. Was she going by a watch or clock in the car? It sometimes takes me days to figure out how to reset my car clock. It should have been getting light very early then too. Sunrise was at 6:38 IIRC, but it would have been getting light well before that! Did Hensley say it was light outside? CB said it was dark (minus all the lights that were on).

For those who can't watch, expert is just giving the jury a quick lesson in print exclusion comparison technique right now on a large computer monitor.

If you take out the word "quick" I'd completely agree with you.

Sheesh!

Unless this witness is going to say that he found an unidentified finger print in MY's blood or on a weapon that caused her death, I am not sure that his testimony matters to me. We already know that there are unidentified prints in the house right? One on the lid to the medicine and one on top of the jewelry box right?

One more witness after this? or is this the last one for the def. team? TIA

I think JY assumed if MY didn't show up for her scheduled doctor's appointment that day and CY didn't show up to daycare, someone would have called him to "check on them" if they couldn't reach MY. Then that could have started his would be attempts to find out why they didn't show....eventually resulting in the discovery of MY's body and CY at the house. When the doctors office and daycare didn't call, then it came down to Ambrose showing up in the evening, but that failed, so he came up with the "retrieve the fax idea" for MF. He was grasping at straws to get someone else to find them. JMO

Outstanding point. Wonder if Ambrose ever looked back and contemplated this possibility.

I thought they indicated yesterday that they had 2 witnesses for today and that was it. This is their 2nd witness today, so I'm assuming the's the last one.

One more witness after this? or is this the last one for the def. team? TIA

Unless this witness is going to say that he found an unidentified finger print in MY's blood or on a weapon that caused her death, I am not sure that his testimony matters to me. We already know that there are unidentified prints in the house right? One on the lid to the medicine and one on top of the jewelry box right?

*or* he identifies a print LE did not (?)

I thought they indicated yesterday that they had 2 witnesses for today and that was it. This is their 2nd witness today, so I'm assuming the's the last one.

Thank you, :)
I had to run to the store and missed the start of trial.

They said 2 possibly 3 (Maybe leaving the door open for JY to take the stand?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong