AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just seems so odd that he would kidnap her and then knowing there is a huge manhunt going on, that he would then use her ATM card weeks later. He seems smarter than that.

I don't think the charge that has been announced publicly has anything to do with Sam. It could have been sealed with everything else.

Was this the car he drove in Alaska or a car he used only during his time in Texas?

"We haven't found evidence linking him to her," Markiewicz said. "We don't know if he knew her before (she disappeared)."

What was in the car??

http://www.adn.com/2012/03/15/2373079/arrest-made-in-koenigs-disappearance.html
:dunno:
"Investigators said they found enough evidence in the vehicle to arrest the driver for suspected kidnapping. He was also searched and then taken into custody for questioning," the KTRE story says.

Markiewicz would not comment on whether Keyes was cooperating with police or specifically what led the authorities to him.

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2012/03/15/2373079/arrest-made-in-koenigs-disappearance.html#storylink=cpy

I read that a witness to his arrest in TX said he was driving a white car with TX license plates. That doesn't mean he didn't have that car in AK and drive it to TX but it sounds more likely to me that he flew there and was using a TX car.
There was also a report that his 10 year old daughter was with him in Texas.

Yes it would be extremely stupid for him to use Sam's card. Criminals are not always the brightest people and perhaps since time had passed and things calmed down and LE was reporting that they thought Sam was still alive, he thought they would just assume she ran away and it was her using the card?

LOL maybe my reading comprehension is slow today but that's from the same article that says they have nothing linking the two. Can someone give me a clue here? :blushing:

ETA: okay, the detective say they have nothing linking Keyes and Samantha before the crime. But they have evidence of a kidnapping. Right?

What I get from this is that prior to Feb.1st there is nothing linking them (Keyes and Samantha) however there was something found in the car linking Keyes to the kidnapping of Samantha that night.

Yes Chelsea Hoffman's word literally means less than zero if that's possible.. she is an attention seeker who desperately leeches onto missing person cases to exploit for limelight. .she's definitely NOT MSM.

Can I say Amen?

These types of people cause a lot of grief in their missions to "MAYBE" get a story right - JUST IN CASE it turns out the way they write it. Happened on the latest BOBO search with rumors of a body being found. Load of dog poop. Type of behavior is criminal.

Highly recommend this for all to read Koenig case is one of many involved in this story:

SNIPPED:

The targeting of Koenig, the attempts to capitalize on his suffering, the frauds that distract police, the demented late night pranks played on grieving parents are not unique.

Monica Caison, the founder and director of the North Carolina-based CUE Center for Missing Persons, has had clients get terrifying phone calls in the middle of the night with someone wailing "Mommy" and pretending to be their missing child. Caison said the mother had a "complete nervous breakdown" following the call.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/families-h...rivate-torment/story?id=15508160#.T2Y8EVHns20

They said they didn't have a link bet. the two before the kidnapping.

The news said Keyes is being held at Beaumont Federal Prison. I tried a lookup but came up empty. With the confusion surrounding his name, Keyes Reyes, etc, could it be he's being held under a different name?

From the Federal Prison FAQ"

"I did not get a result for the name submitted with search. What now?

All Federal inmates starting in 1982 are in the Inmate Locator. First, check to make sure you put the information in correctly. Is the name spelled correctly? Is the number correct? Searching for John Doe will not find Jon Doe (the name must be an exact match).

If you still do not get a result, either the person is not a Federal inmate (he/she may be a state or local inmate), or he/she was in the Federal system before 1982."

http://www.bop.gov/inmate_locator/faqs_locator.jsp

Is appears he's been there before?

Locate Federal inmates from 1982 to present
Name Register # Age-Race-Sex Release Date
1. ISRAEL KEYES 31107-086 34-White-M 06-16-2001 RELEASED

If he doesn't show up as in the Beaumont facility, it could be he's being transferred. Sometimes, federal inmates don't show up on the BOP site for some reason. But, my feeling is if he's not showing up, he's in transit somewhere.

JMO, IMO, MOO, and all other disclaimers.

The news said Keyes is being held at Beaumont Federal Prison. I tried a lookup but came up empty. With the confusion surrounding his name, Keyes Reyes, etc, could it be he's being held under a different name?

All Federal inmates starting in 1982 are in the Inmate Locator. First, check to make sure you put the information in correctly. Is the name spelled correctly? Is the number correct? Searching for John Doe will not find Jon Doe (the name must be an exact match).

If you still do not get a result, either the person is not a Federal inmate (he/she may be a state or local inmate), or he/she was in the Federal system before 1982."

This article says he is at the Jefferson County Downtown Jail in Beaumont, Texas.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46765987/ns/local_news-anchorage_ak/#.T2ZBLvVsXFc

I got the same which is odd, even tried county facilities too. I did see the same name but they were released in 2001. Not sure Israel keyes is a common name or not.

Is appears he's been there before?

Locate Federal inmates from 1982 to present
Name Register # Age-Race-Sex Release Date
1. ISRAEL KEYES 31107-086 34-White-M 06-16-2001 RELEASED

Go back to post #181. DUI charge linked there to view.

The Jefferson County Downtown Jail in Beaumont, Texas confirmed Friday that Keyes is being held at its facility and that he's been there since Wednesday.

Keyes was arrested on Tuesday in a parking lot in Lufkin, Texas, after a Texas state trooper pulled him over for a traffic violation.

A U.S. Attorney said Keyes is charged with access device fraud -- making a transaction with someone else's access device, like a credit or debit card. Because Keyes is facing a federal charge, he's under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Marshal's Service.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46765987/ns/local_news-anchorage_ak/#.T2ZBLvVsXFc
BBM: This explains where he and that he's under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Marshal's Service. I wonder why he's in a county lockup though if he's facing federal charges? Maybe they didn't have room for him in the federal facility in Beaumont. Who knows? It could be that since he hasn't been found guilty of a federal crime, he's housed in a county facility. IDK....

Still befuddled...Help me!!!! LOL

This is what I understand from following the articles and info as they were released.. I will detail the points as they were stated and if anyone has specific questions about any.. some.. or all of these details we can search out links to back it up..:)

-So Sam's dad last spoke with Sam 90mins prior to her shift ending at 8 pm.. according to dad nothing seemed out of the ordinary at that time..

-I have not seen any reporting that her boyfriend spoke to Her at any point after that(630 dad talks to her) ..any info saying bf talked to SAM AFTER 630 tomy knowledge is not accurate.. he was held up at work causing him to be a little late arriving at the coffee hut to pick her up and as we know when he arrived Sam was not there.. now I am certain there were calls made to Sam's phone by him.. possibly even by 8 he was attempting to call her to let her know he was running late.. but we knowthat Sam was abducted shortly before 8pm therefore IMO any calls made from anyone after that point on would go unanswered..
but again there is no reporting that the boyfriend spoke with Sam at any point after 630 when her dad last spoke with her..refer to post 680 stating bf did speak to Sam

-From that point it is reported that boyfriend and dad continually attempted to call Sam's phone.. and that continued throughout the night and into the following day.. James says that he called up until 12pm when the phone went straight to voicemail having been shut off or more likely its battery having died.. (I will return to dad and boyfriend and my opinion on their not immediately contacting LE further down)

-Cut to the morning Barista arrives at CGE at 8am to open the coffee hut.. she found the hut locked up as usual but no alarm set.. the hutwas not properly cleaned and there were coffee cups left out on the counter.. along with the cash was also missing.. according to the Duncan's who own the coffee huts none of these things stood out as red flags(moo is that's indicative that the cash amount was very little for their not to be concern over the fact it was missing) ..several hours pass with the morning barista carrying on with business as usual.. around 12pm the Duncan's learn that Sam never came home last night and has not been seen ..IT IS AT THIS POINT THAT THE DUNCAN'S DECIDE TO REVIEW THE PRIOR NIGHTS SURVEILLANCE VIDEO.. JAMES KOENIG AND BOYFRIEND ALSO COME TO THE COFFEE HUT.. LE ARE IMMEDIATELY CONTACTED..

-back to James and boyfriend.. they were part of the effort that led to LE contacted.. when they informed the owners of Sam not being located its at that point that led to the discovery of what was seen on the video.. James and the boyfriend were present at the hut when LE arrived to take report and begin speaking with those they wanted to speak to.. its immediately at this point that James and fam friends were already having flyers quickly made and printed and immediately began taping them up and handing them out..

Why dad and boyfriend didn't immediately call police Wednesday night February 1 .. moo.. but real life with real people with real teenagers who are far from perfect and have even been known to have a history with drugs and being quote wild unquote.. in real life I am certain that it was not the first night ever in Samantha's life they she may have gone off without telling anyone and not answered her phone when called.. as in going off with friends that maybe dad or boyfriend don't like and she chooses just not to answer while out having a good time with those people ..that she'd deal with those consequences later.. this certainly cannot be shocking or hinky to most?? ??.. I know clu has posted about this as well.. IMO its very likely that these two men were thinking Sam had likely pulled one her stunts of going out to party and just refusing to answer her phone.. I believe by that next morning when she never had come home at all and still wasn't answering that their minds really began to worry at that point.. it certainly appears by what James says that by noon when Sam's phone obviously had gone dead and was going straight to voicemail that he at that point made contact with CGE and as we know it is at that point that the owners reviewed the surveillance video.. and the rest is history..

I'm certain James probably wishes that he immediately knew that something nefarious was at play and immediately contacted LE shortly after 8pm when Duane showed up to pick up Sam at CGE and she wasn't there.. I can only imagine the what ifs that go THRU this daddy's mind that if they'd immediately contacted LE could Sam have been somehow saved.. My God what hell those what ifs must be.. but to be honest what James did is not unusual and is not shocking and I personally have no blame for him for that.. its a fact that thousands of teens do what they most likely initially thought Sam had done.. slip off with "friends" to go party.. friends that a dad and boyfriend don't like cause they know they don't have her best interest at heart.. a teen girl avoiding those nagging calls from that dad and boyfriend while partying figuring she'd deal with those consequences later.. its true and its not at all unusual and IMO its exactly this that James and Duane initially felt was the situation with Sam.. jmo tho!

Excellent recap SmoothOperator. Many thanks.

I know it's frustrating when new posters enter late into a case. Your patience is most admirable.

I need to read a timeline that doesn't contain a "MOO, IMHO, IMO" lol

17 hours is still a long time to not report your child missing. I am glad the coffee shop owners got suspicious and watched the CC film.

Did a bit of research on APD ... shonky at best.

Samantha's boyfriend Dwayne says he spoke with her just minutes before she was abducted and says "everything was fine." He was supposed to give her a ride home from work.

"I had the only means of transportation for her and I got off work and went to go get her, and she wasn't there. It was a mess," says Dwayne.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...for-her-return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member