Remains found in Big Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that the locals, (community and LE), will leave it up to the FBI and Rangers to handle Shawn. Lots of angry people there, but I want to see justice, not chaos or screw-ups!

Here I thought that Shawn had hidden Hailey so cleaverly that she would never be found. Now I think he is just dumber than a brick and darn lucky until now. I wouldn't be surprised if he still thinks he is home free.

One bad thing about any forensic evidence...much of what is found with the body could be explained by the fact that Shawn lived in the same home with Hailey and she rode in the same vehicles with him. If all they find is fiber evidence or even his hair or DNA, it can all be explained away. Body fluids on her clothing would be all that I can think of that would be incriminating.

BBM
He may well have moved her a couple of times since she has gone missing. I could see him thinking that it was funny to play games. He watches searchers from porch or where ever and moves the body to a place that has already been searched. IMHO

Evidence Response Team Arrives in Big Spring 3/21/12

Big Spring, Texas - The 32nd district judicial district attorney criminal investigator of Texas as well as an evidence response team have just arrived at the site where the human remains were discovered.

BSPD Howard, co sheriff office is also on scene.

Last night investigators used a steel oilfield storage tank lid manufactured by desert tanks to cover the scene. They just now lifted it with a crane to begin the investigation

The discovery of human remains has sparked speculation surrounding the Hailey Dunn case.

Hailey Dunn was reported missing in Colorado City back in December 2010.

The airpark where the remains were found is about 1 mile from the home of Shawn Adkins’ mother. Adkins is the only named suspect in the Hailey Dunn case.

We are told Hailey Dunn search crews are on their way to Big Spring.

http://www.cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=33415

Several vehicles gained admittance to a crime scene in west Big Spring about 8:40 a.m., including one marked ERT, which stands for Evidence Recovery Team.

At 8:30 a.m., more than a dozen vehicles were near McMahon Wrinkle Airpark, where body remains were discovered Tuesday afternoon.

The vehicles include one from the 32nd Judicial District, which covers Fisher, Mitchell and Nolan counties. In December 2010, 13-year-old Colorado City resident Hailey Dunn was reported missing and has not been found. Colorado City is in Mitchell County.

A helicopter arrived this morning and according to Reporter-News staffer Greg Kendall-Ball, appeared to be a federal aircraft.
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2012/mar/21/big-spring-body-remains-law-enforcement-presence-e/

Marc Gustafson ‏ @newsgoose

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Several unmarked civilian vehicles just entered the crime scene. We assume FBI. Same convoy as whn they searched landfill
32m Marc Gustafson Marc Gustafson ‏ @newsgoose

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

They are moving a lid to an oil tank right now

https://twitter.com/#!/newsgoose

I have never tweeted but I want to know if the public is being kept farther away than the media. Are friends and searchers able to stay just outside the fenced area?

Can someone ask, pretty please?

Good Morning America is reporting that the body is Hailey and that the boyfriend of the mother is a suspect. I've heard nothing more than what the crawler stated.

Evidence Response Team Arrives in Big Spring 3/21/12

Big Spring, Texas - The 32nd district judicial district attorney criminal investigator of Texas as well as an evidence response team have just arrived at the site where the human remains were discovered.

BSPD Howard, co sheriff office is also on scene.

Last night investigators used a steel oilfield storage tank lid manufactured by desert tanks to cover the scene. They just now lifted it with a crane to begin the investigation

The discovery of human remains has sparked speculation surrounding the Hailey Dunn case.

Hailey Dunn was reported missing in Colorado City back in December 2010.

The airpark where the remains were found is about 1 mile from the home of Shawn Adkins’ mother. Adkins is the only named suspect in the Hailey Dunn case.

We are told Hailey Dunn search crews are on their way to Big Spring.

http://www.cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=33415
Also from your link:

UPDATE 9:07 AM: We are hearing multiple reports that the body found in the Desert Tanks area of Big Spring has been identified as a girl. This has not been confirmed by officials.
Altho at 9:11 AM they also mention the bigcountryhomepage account from the witness that it's a child.

One thing's for sure...at least one person already knows whether or not this is Hailey.

I'm still working through this thread, but I want to pop in with my recollections of the area, foggy from childhood as they may be. That area is the old Webb Air Force Base, previously (during WWII) the Big Spring Army Air Forces Bombardier School. Note how so many of the streets nearby are named for Air Force bases or are numbers and letters. That dates from the base. Apron Drive is so-named because it is on the edge of the apron of the airfield. The Hangar 25 Air Museum is on Apron, as is the Big Spring Correctional Center, a privately operated federal immigration detention center/prison. The prison is near that little jog in Apron Drive to the north, around the contours of the actual apron. I spent a lot of time in the building that is now the museum when I was a little kid -- once got to sit in the seat of a jet flown by the Thunderbirds team on that apron, watched guys pack parachutes inside the building, etc. The area that is now the tank company was an industrial area with low, concrete block military buildings back then. Probably still is. My grandfather and his brothers operated an industrial products factory for the petroleum industry in Big Spring from just after WWII until the late 90s, but about ten miles away from this site, closer to the Alon/Cosden refinery. If the remains were in a garbage bag, as I think I saw in some news coverage, and just dumped in some scraggly little field or industrial site, I guess it's a testament to how much man-made detritus is scattered around the area. It must be that people saw it and just didn't investigate, because there are a lot of small aircraft based at the airfield and a lot of people who ride dirt bikes around the area. There would have been people on the ground and in the air at low altitudes around there just constantly.

:please: My heart already knows this is Hailey. It's hit me harder then I expected. I was certain that Hailey would never be found. Aside from the ZB & ES case, none have affected me like Hailey ~ so many similarities to a personal situation.

Now please, let there be enough evidence to send the person(s) responsible away for the rest of their miserable lives. :please:

saying "girl' not woman or baby tells me that she is likely our Hailey.......:(

155 of us on the edge of our seats hitting refresh....I am greatful to have a forum like this. Thank you all.

BBM
He may well have moved her a couple of times since she has gone missing. I could see him thinking that it was funny to play games. He watches searchers from porch or where ever and moves the body to a place that has already been searched. IMHO

I too had that same thought, as well as some others....
Was this the original remains dumping site?
If so, according to the photo upthread, this appears to be a fairly well traveled area. With that thought in mind, were folks accustom to seeing trash bags in between tanks and just didn't bother to pick up the trash and just left it all this time for someone else to pick up until the point that the bag may have ripped open and it's contents spilled out, causing some alarm?

A million questions.....this is just 2.

UPDATE 9:11 AM: BigCountryHomePage.com is reporting that one of the men who first discovered the body says that although the body was decomposed the remains of a hand appeared to belong to a child.

UPDATE 9:07 AM: We are hearing multiple reports that the body found in the Desert Tanks area of Big Spring has been identified as a girl. This has not been confirmed by officials.

We are also told that at the time of Hailey Dunn's disappearance the land Desert Tanks owns was owned by a company called American Limestone.

American Limestone is said to have not kept their gates locked and often left them open. Because the area was gated, investigators are said to have never searched the area after Dunn's disappearance.
http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=33415

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member