Remains found in Big Spring #2 - Strong Speculation this may be Hailey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know when Desert Tanks moved to this location? Was there a vacant period between limestone company and Desert Tanks?

http://www.lookupbook.com/profile/misc-business/tx/big-spring/new-desert-tanks-llc

NEW DESERT TANKS LLC
3000 Bell Street
Big Spring, TX 79720
Phone: Not Available
Acquired: 05/2011 from Texas Secty of Treasury

edit-find-replace.png

"In December 2010 the land where the remains were found was leased by American Limestone. A company spokesman said the company stopped leasing the land in May 2011."

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2012/mar/21/police-quiet-on-details-of-human-remains-found/

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/201...-human-remains-found/?preventMobileRedirect=1

Police quiet on details of human remains found in Big Spring
Evidence sent to medical examiner
Scripps Newspapers
Posted March 21, 2012 at 9:56 p.m.

Snipped:
No new information was released by law enforcement officials regarding the identity of the remains found about 2:30 p.m. Tuesday near the southeast corner of Big Spring McMahon-Wrinkle Airport.

Snipped:
Results are expected to take two to three weeks, Toombs said, but some preliminary findings could be available in as few as three days.

Snipped:
The remains were discovered Tuesday by workers at Desert Tanks, a steel oil tank manufacturing facility at the southern end of the airpark. Everett said workers were sandblasting a tank when they saw the partially uncovered remains. Everett said he could not speculate as to what may have caused the remains to become partially uncovered. But rain Monday — as much as a third of an inch — and strong winds may have played a part in the discovery.

Snipped:
In December 2010 the land where the remains were found was leased by American Limestone. A company spokesman said the company stopped leasing the land in May 2011.

Really? Interesting, wonder why?

Maybe because DD is ,apparently, living with Billie again. I bet child services would have shut that arrangement down. But he is almost 18 now so if they don't get arrested I guess they can live together again.

Maybe because DD is ,apparently, living with Billie again. I bet child services would have shut that arrangement down. But he is almost 18 now so if they don't get arrested I guess they can live together again.

& betcha you're right!

OK everyone please take a breath and remember our rules and TOS.

Name calling is sneaking in..... not going down that road please, no rumors. If you have information that has not been printed in MSM only verified locals can bring that information here. Remember if you want to be verified as a local here is the link. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127375"]Professional Posters & Verified Locals / Insiders - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame].

Also, be sure to provide links to your factual posts. If it is opinion please state it as such. Oh and don't name anyone as being guilty of Hailey's disappearance unless LE has named them as a POI or suspect.

Post lands at random.

I believe this about as much as I believe that I can sprout wings and fly (from Knox's link above)...

Both attorneys confirmed Dunn and Adkins have been living in the Austin area. Young stressed although the two are in a relationship, he said they are not living together.

ITA SmoothOperator......................

that was THE sentence that I picked out of that article. Choose to make an arrest? Why would LE have to choose anything? Makes ya wonder if SA has told his new-found attorney some things that only he (or BD) know would be found with the body and why would any defense attorney even say something like that about an arrest? Well, I would guess he might if he felt one was imminent.......................

JMHO

that was THE sentence that I picked out of that article. Choose to make an arrest? Why would LE have to choose anything? Makes ya wonder if SA has told his new-found attorney some things that only he (or BD) know would be found with the body and why would any defense attorney even say something like that about an arrest? Well, I would guess he might if he felt one was imminent.......................

JMHO
One red hoop earring?

JMHO

I know what you mean. Wouldn't the attorney say what a tragedy it would be if it were her remains and how sad everyone is. But there is NO REASON to believe there would be any imminent arrests.

His attitude sounds like an adolescent saying " Go ahead, I don't care-do what you want to me."

Let's hope that the Texas Attorney General takes a huge interest in this case like the Attorney General of NH has taken in Celina's case.

I agree with most who think that Shawn is probably the one who disposed of the body. I think he is capable of killing Hailey either by accident or for the purpose of keeping her from telling something on him. I think that Billy was way too trusting of Shawn and she absolutely should have not had a man with his (ahem), "hobbies and interests " living in her home with her kids.

Billy seems to really be waiting on pins and needles to find out if this body is Hailey. I have no official source for that but I do have reasons, so MOO. Because she hopped in the car and came straight home as soon as this body was discovered, I believe that she truly does want to know what happened to Hailey and has no reason to "run". If I'm wrong, then boo on me; I believe that she believes whatever lies Shawn tells her.

Did Shawn have help from someone to hide Hailey's body? His family has never been helpful in the investigation since Hailey disappeared. They seem like the type who would cover for Shawn no matter what - even for murder. If Shawn hid something on the family property for a day or two until he could get rid of it, I don't think they would tell.

If Shawn had not quit his job that day, if he hadn't been acting weird when David came home, if he hadn't lied about where he was, I would have to consider others who could have killed Hailey. But he did quit, and lie, and act guilty. He did sell drugs and have child *advertiser censored*. He did get a thrill from acting like a killer and watching himself on video.

I Hailey hadn't been found in his old stomping grounds, a place very familiar to him, close to his mom's home where he felt safe, I'd wonder if it could be someone else.

The pings, the lies, the fantasies about murder and sex, and the body all lead straight back to Shawn. Billy needs to throw him to the wolves and save herself. MOO

I know that most people are convinced that Billy is just as evil as Shawn, and I can see why they think that. I just have a different take on it, and that's okay.

I believe this about as much as I believe that I can sprout wings and fly (from Knox's link above)...

Both attorneys confirmed Dunn and Adkins have been living in the Austin area. Young stressed although the two are in a relationship, he said they are not living together.[/B]
bbm
For what reason did he reveal that info? Does he believe that people will think badly of Shawn and Billie if they thought they were "living in sin"........after what transpired to Hailey? Good grief!!!!!!!!!!!

bbm
For what reason did he reveal that info? Does he believe that people will think badly of Shawn and Billie if they thought they were "living in sin"........after what transpired to Hailey? Good grief!!!!!!!!!!!

I know Pens, pretty weird for an attorney to address this issue. I'm gonna be praying hard that there is evidence on Hailey's remains that will tie Shawn and Billie to the crime so they can finally be locked up.

bbm

I wondered about that too. Did he say that to squash the MSM reports about Shawn answering Billie's phone yesterday? Or since they may have found Hailey, she kicked him to the curb today? Seems like yesterday, again. He lives here, he doesn't.

The mummification thing is bugging me. Hailey went missing in dec and I even think it snowed in feb there didnt it? I know the area is dry ,but I would still find it odd that if it is Hailey her body would be in that condition. Laying out in the open. I heard lime will drawn out the fluids and dry out the body so maybe that had something to do with the location. I thought it took a dryer type of heat then texas in december. FWIW

I live in West Texas and our last summer was EXTREMELY hot and dry. I am not sure how that would have worked...December was frigid...maybe a combination of extreme cold and then extreme heat could have something to do with it. Last year it was like someone threw a switch...COLD and then HOT...no real spring of any kind.

If the location the remains were found is the Desert Tanks expansion I posted about last night. I bet someone was sweating bullets when they saw that work going on.

I can't imagine someone would have buried a body in an area where people work.
Yeah, it is an odd choice when Texas has so many other uninhabited areas where she could have been dumped. Maybe the monsters that killed Hailey left her there in an effort to implicate someone who works around this facility? Maybe she was left there because lime would cover the decomposition smell. People obsessed with death and murder (Shawn and Billie) would know lime is used to stop the smell of decomposition. Lime was used on several episodes of HBO's The Wire to cover dead bodies.

That shop is pretty darn close. Not to mention the disturbed earth would have been obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998