MT MT - Jason Reynolds, 17, Billings, 1 Jun 1993

It's been what, a year and a half or so? I seem to recall DNA was collected intially in the fall of 2010.

I don't recall when the 'countdown' was restarted upon first learning there was something wrong with the intial DNA samples. how long has it been since then?

This seems to be one of the longest, if not the longest wait on a possible match since I have been here at WS.

This appears to be a mistake on the Namus site-MtDANA was too degraded to compare but there is another test in process as of this week. I should know early next week how the info was changed and why.

Hi Cubby, the above was posted approximately early December 2011. I hear your aggravation too. I just understand why all this is taking so long. I'm subscribed to Jason Doe's namus page and keep getting updates of exclusions being added. I don't understand that at all. If they keep adding exclusions, what's going on with the comparisons with Jason Reynolds? But no one seems to know the answer. I can't imagine what Jason Reynolds bio mom is going thru at this point.

This appears to be a mistake on the Namus site-MtDANA was too degraded to compare but there is another test in process as of this week. I should know early next week how the info was changed and why.

Believe, did you ever find out why and how the info was changed? What's going on with the new test?

Is there anyway to contact Jason Reynold mother? She hasn't been online here for a while

Ok thank you. But I just don't understand why it has to take to long.

Sooo frustrating. But I have a feeling, by the end of this year, our dear Jason Doe will finally have a name.

Hi Cubby, the above was posted approximately early December 2011. I hear your aggravation too. I just understand why all this is taking so long. I'm subscribed to Jason Doe's namus page and keep getting updates of exclusions being added. I don't understand that at all. If they keep adding exclusions, what's going on with the comparisons with Jason Reynolds? But no one seems to know the answer. I can't imagine what Jason Reynolds bio mom is going thru at this point.

Jason Reynolds is listed on the rule out/exclusion list at NamUs. Is this from the original dental rule out? Or the current dna testing?

https://identifyus.org/cases/6095

Jason Reynolds is listed on the rule out/exclusion list at NamUs. Is this from the original dental rule out? Or the current dna testing?

https://identifyus.org/cases/6095

The DNA comparison isnt complete. There was a complication in comparing it sample to sample MtDNA, so they have to do a more specific intensive test to get a definitive answer. Hence the wait time.

Did you guys know that the investigator handling the Jason Reynolds disappearance died this year?

http://www.kulr8.com/news/local/Lieutenant-Ron-Wilson-Remembered-137224518.html

A few of us spoke to him, myself included. Perhaps we can inspire a fresh start at Billings PD.

Happy Birthday to Jason Stone/Reynolds. Where ever you may be, please know, we'll never stop searching for you, until you're found! <3

I don't understand why this one is taking so long! Didn't Jason have a relative posting here? Does anyone keep in touch with her? It looks like enough time has past that there should be a definite yes or no by now!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back