GUILTY TX - Elizabeth Ennen, 15, Lubbock, 5 January 2011

Isabelle Zehnder is a reliable source.... more reliable than mainstream media in most cases. These articles are written by her and worth reading, though they are long.

Part 1 - Her Story Begins To Unfold

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...nnen-murder-part-1-her-story-begins-to-unfold

Part 2 - The Night Elizabeth Vanished

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...en-murder-part-2-the-night-elizabeth-vanished

The Missing Link

This article by Isabelle talks about how she received a tip about the video at the motel. That she contacted a helpful officer who felt it was important.

How despite multiple signs about the video surveillance and visible cameras outside
... the police didn't think to check it until they were given this tip.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/elizabeth-ennen-murder-the-missing-link

Elizabeth Ennen Murder (Part 3): Runaway status impedes family’s efforts

What went wrong? What went right? What can be done, Elizabeth’s family asks, to bring about change? Since a criminal is considered innocent until proven guilty, why can’t teens be considered missing until proven runaways, they ask? They make a good point.

During the interview Virginia says she told the officer that Elizabeth had babysat for Salinas, Jr. that night at the Carriage House, and that Salinas, Jr. confirmed she had babysat there.

Virginia believes that it was when she went back inside and Salinas, Jr. remained outside with the officer that Salinas, Jr. told the officer Elizabeth might have run away with his son.

Elizabeth was babysitting at the Carriage House – police didn’t think to check surveillance video there until they received an anonymous tip on day 16.

The last person known to be with Elizabeth was Salinas, Jr. – he wasn’t interviewed until 16 days after Elizabeth vanished.

Her family said it repeatedly over 16 days - Elizabeth would not run away

They wanted her classification changed to missing

Texas Eccu-Search were unable to search for Elizabeth because, according to Elizabeth’s aunt, Lily Huckabee, the Lubbock Police would not accept their offer to help, saying “we have our own horses,” and no Crimestoppers was involved.

Actually, a reward was offered, a Carriage House Inn & Suites manager said during a Feb. 5 phone conversation. He said he offered a $1,000 reward when officers came to the motel but they declined his offer and Elizabeth's body was found later that day.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...status-impedes-family-s-efforts#ixzz1Ezt6W5Yt

Thursday March 10, 2011

One Lubbock man, 31-year-old Taris Knight whose mother-in-law lives a few houses from the Ennen home was given a "Justice for Elizabeth" bracelet by Elizabeth's mother, Virginia Ennen.

Once he learned what happened to Elizabeth, and that the family is moving foward for change in how runaway cases are handled in the future, he vowed he'd never take his "Justice for Elizabeth" bracelet off.

Elizabeth's aunt, Lily Huckabee said, "When this man was shot and killed Tuesday night police found he was still wearing the bracelet. He kept his promise to Virginia and to Elizabeth."

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...-ennen-murder-justice-for-elizabeth-bracelets

Lubbock Criminal District Attorney Matt Powell says prosecutors have not yet made a decision whether or not to seek the death penalty in this case and they are not negotiating with Salinas at this time.

In Texas, you cannot plea bargain a death penalty case.

So there's no plea to discuss unless the D.A.'s office takes the death penalty off the table.

www.kcbd.com/story/16456327/salinas-fate-unknown-one-year-after-elizabeth-ennen-murder

Virginia Ennen would like to see police change the rules for dealing with missing persons, but police say classifying the case as a kidnapping would not have changed the outcome.

http://www.kcbd.com/story/16459177/elizabeth-ennens-mother-speaks-one-year-later

:banghead: It wouldn't have changed the OUTCOME?? :pullhair:
No, because like many abducted missing children, Elizabeth was dead before she was reported missing. She would still be dead.
It WOULD have made a difference however.

It WOULD have taken 14 days or more off of the time her family was tortured not knowing where she was.
It WOULD have taken 14 days or more off of the time for evidence to deteriorate, be hidden, or destroyed.
It WOULD have taken 14 days or more off the time that this man was allowed to walk the streets and could have done anything.

If he had killed another child or fled during that 16 days he was free, would it still be "that wouldn't have changed the outcome?"

It isn't even just reclassification that is an issue in THIS case. It is first just doing the bare MINIMUM at your job.
Someone goes missing from a location, it doesn't matter what YOU think happened.
Whether you think they ran away, were murdered, were abducted by aliens or spontaneously combusted.

You do the bare minimum to investigate. The EASY part.
You LOOK at the surveillance video and see if it shows anything.
If it doesn't show anything, you've tried. If it does then you've uncovered a vital clue just by sitting on your @$$.

Do you have ANY idea what we would give to have VIDEO of the abduction
in Kyron's case?
Or Haleigh's? Or Hailey's? Or Ayla's? Or Amir's? Or Aliayah's? Or Sky's? Or Baby Kate? Or Baby Gabriel's? Or Tanner, Alex and Andrew's?

You screwed up.
You didn't look at the video and it would have saved a lot of time, heartache and destruction of evidence.

How about "You are right, we should have looked at the surveillance video on day one.
Regardless of the outcome, it was an inexcusable oversight on our part and we are correcting it in the future."

Really? Is it REALLY that difficult?

Is this girl REALLY not worth the few minutes it would have taken to realize the video was worth watching in it's entirety? :curses: :chillpill:

ennen3sized.jpg

Virginia Ennen would like to see police change the rules for dealing with missing persons, but police say classifying the case as a kidnapping would not have changed the outcome.

http://www.kcbd.com/story/16459177/elizabeth-ennens-mother-speaks-one-year-later

No, because like many abducted missing children, Elizabeth was dead before she was reported missing. She would still be dead.

It WOULD have taken 14 days or more off of the time her family was tortured not knowing where she was.
It WOULD have taken 14 days or more off of the time for evidence to deteriorate, be hidden, or destroyed.
It WOULD have taken 14 days or more off the time that this man was allowed to walk the streets and could have done anything.

If he had killed another child or fled during that 16 days he was free, would it still be "that wouldn't have changed the outcome?"

It isn't even just reclassification that is an issue in THIS case. It is first just doing the bare MINIMUM at your job.
Someone goes missing from a location, it doesn't matter what YOU think happened.
Whether you think they ran away, were murdered, were abducted by aliens or spontaneously combusted.

If it doesn't show anything, you've tried. If it does then you've uncovered a vital clue just by sitting on your @$$.

in Kyron's case?
Or Haleigh's? Or Hailey's? Or Ayla's? Or Amir's? Or Aliayah's? Or Sky's? Or Baby Kate? Or Baby Gabriel's? Or Tanner, Alex and Andrew's?

You screwed up.
You didn't look at the video and it would have saved a lot of time, heartache and destruction of evidence.

How about "You are right, we should have looked at the surveillance video on day one.
Regardless of the outcome, it was an inexcusable oversight on our part and we are correcting it in the future."

Is this girl REALLY not worth the few minutes it would have taken to realize the video was worth watching in it's entirety? :curses: :chillpill:

ennen3sized.jpg

:tyou: :gthanks: :tyou: :goodpost:

I feel the very same way and we really tried to get this guy to understand, but he just doesn't get it. He will never admit that they failed miserably and they ALMOST didn't even get the video. They were mere days away from the video being recorded over; and solving the case would have been much harder at that point. THANK YOU!! I appreciate you seeing his ignorance too!

in Kyron's case?

You screwed up.

ennen3sized.jpg

Well said Ms.F!! This girls family would have known what happened to her if they would have just looked at the video, all this time her family was tortured with the what if this and what if that....Horrible! JMO

Not to mention that this monster was coming in and out of the Ennen home "helping" them in the search for her and leading LE's away from finding her with his lies.

I grew up in Lubbock. I went by the Carriage House on my way out of town when I visited a few weeks ago.

Was there ever any discussion of why he killed Elizabeth? Was it an attemped sexual assault or had she allegedly done something to one of his kids while babysitting that he didn't approve of?

It is just baffling from the reports as to a motive.

I grew up in Lubbock. I went by the Carriage House on my way out of town when I visited a few weeks ago.

Was there ever any discussion of why he killed Elizabeth? Was it an attemped sexual assault or had she allegedly done something to one of his kids while babysitting that he didn't approve of?

It is just baffling from the reports as to a motive.

There has been no motive ever mentioned. He told police that he got mad at her and strangled her. Police never identified if there was sexual assault in the autopsy. Unfortunately, since the police did get a confession from him, they also took his word for it that it was simply a "loss of temper". Poor Beth. She was terrified during those last moment of her life, and that terror was caught on tape. I can almost envision those tapes still today, and they haunt me. :cry:

I agree. It was terrible to see her so frightened for an extended period of time with no escape.

It kind of negates a "crime of passion" defense since it was nearly an hour and a half of constant terror he subjected her to before finally killing her.

I am glad he pleaded though and saved a trial, but the sleuth in us would like to know a motive.

thanks for the reply.

I also wondered what the motive was, not that it really matters. But, I think he is hiding something, just doesn't seem to believable that he just lost his temper! JMO

I have been thinking about Elizabeth all month as it has been 2 years now. Thinking about her mom and sending prayers her way. She is still really struggling and grieving for her precious Beth. :cry:

Elizabeth, it is hard to believe that it has been 2 years since your body was found. May you R.I.P. Watch over your mom and brothers as they struggle daily with your absense. The evil that took your life will never see the light of day again.

http://www.everythinglubbock.com/ne...ce=facebook_KLBK_News_-_EverythingLubbock.com

Lubbock teenager Elizabeth Ennen was found dead in January 2011, after being reported missing for nearly three weeks. Her story will be on the Investigation Discovery channel on April 12

Court documents said during the investigation, Lubbock Police looked through surveillance video from the Carriage House Motel, where Elizabeth was last seen alive.

:rose: Remembering Elizabeth :rose:

Today, Elizabeth would have been 27 years old.

Monsters exist!

:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea