Shannan Gilbert Found, death declared an accident. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the special on DVR. As I always say, it's good that they're keeping this in the public eye, even if it was more or less a rehashing of what most of us already know.

Funny how Malia found Shannen's body without Blue. I wonder if he has been scrutinized by LE. Ironic that what was probably just good thorough police work might make him seem slightly suspicious.

Or what if he ignored political pressure/powerful influence and made discoveries that the department was asked to overlook as a favor? (not my opinion; just a possibility).

My puzzler is puzzled. Why were Mallio and Blue searching Gilgo Beach in December 2010? Shannan went missing 3 miles away in Oak Beach. This action definitely led LE away from finding Shannan. The most logical place to search would be the immediate Oak Beach area, in the marsh and at least begin a perimeter search of Oak Beach, not Gilgo. Did Officer Mallio talk with CPH after Shannan's disappearance?

Why were they searching gilgo? Because they already searched all of Oak beach and nothing was there except liars, dirty shovels, and reason to keep searching (look up and to left) so they kept asking questions and kept looking. Loose lips alerted the perp to the search so they were dumped along OP while it was still green in the bush along the road.

I'm just saying, had they searched the logical 1 mile perimeter around Oak Beach in May 2010 they would have found Shannan. There was never a search at Oak Beach like there was at Gilgo until Mallia found Shannan's belongings 18 months after her disappearance. Just sayin'

I'm just saying, had they searched the logical 1 mile perimeter around Oak Beach in May 2010 they would have found Shannan. There was never a search at Oak Beach like there was at Gilgo until Mallia found Shannan's belongings 18 months after her disappearance. Just sayin'

That's if she was there at that time..... If the FBI cameras didn't spot remains and they clearly flew over that area - hmmmm..... I don't know but something doesn't sit right with me.

Has anyone checked recent satellite images on Google Earth of that area? I know that there are images from 2005-2010 because we looked at Oak Beach and the Brewer residence. Maybe it's worth another look.

When the officer found those belongings on Oak Beach; I bet there were other cops with him. Maybe the dude, is taking this case personal.I had mentioned in another thread; there are still good cops out there. Maybe dude was into hanging with his buddy (blue) and took him for a spin along Gilgo. Those guys do spend alot of time with those dogs. If I am not mistaken, I think the dog actually lives with the officer. Where those bodies were, I could have taken my untrained dog for a walk there ans she would have found them.

http://justiceforshannangilbert.wordpress.com/2011/12/17/shannangilbert/#comments:

Shannan’s earring was found in front of J. Brewer’s house by her sisters (PD missed this)
Detectives recovered Shannan’s jacket in the brush where she had run early in their initial search, but now tell the family “it’s lost.” They also say they don’t have her purse, ID, cell phone.

One Response to “Shannan Gilbert”

Cristina Pena said
December 18, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Hi, I am a person with ‘spiritual gifts’ and I use them to help people.

My name is Cristina and I am a Reiki Master/Teacher. @ http://www.reikiandmeditation.com and http://www.go-chakra.com

If you want my spiritual insight then let me know, so that I may shed some light into this case. FYI: Ons aturady, December 10, 2011, I sent my “insight” to crime stopper suffolk county pd online, and told them where to find the body.

On december 12th Shannan’s body was found.

God Bless,

Cristina Pena

Remember JB described himself as holistic

I thought it interesting when Shannan's earring was found by her sister. IMO, the most immediate and logical thought would be that:

Shannan unknowingly lost it there, and it would provide proof she had been there.

However, in just this small piece of evidence, there could be any number of optional theories:

Shannan dropped it there herself to provide a "bread crumb" in the trail, so to speak, of where she was that night.

The earring was planted there by someone else to make it look like she was there.
And additionally, it was meant to be found by the sister.

Anyone else have an opinion about the earring find?

I thought it interesting when Shannan's earring was found by her sister. IMO, the most immediate and logical thought would be that:

Shannan unknowingly lost it there, and it would provide proof she had been there.

However, in just this small piece of evidence, there could be any number of optional theories:

Shannan dropped it there herself to provide a "bread crumb" in the trail, so to speak, of where she was that night.

The earring was planted there by someone else to make it look like she was there.
And additionally, it was meant to be found by the sister.

Anyone else have an opinion about the earring find?

You have brought up some points I never thought to consider.

Thanks!

I think in order for me to answer those questions, I would have to know whether Ms. Gilbert's died because she was murdered or died by accident (LE is stating she drowned).

The ME has not published a report regarding Ms. Gilbert's death yet.

I am anxiously awaiting that report!

Here's an additional thought to my post above concerning the earring find:

Was Shannan caught or brought out and held at that place at the base of the stairs?

Was the earring ripped away in the struggle? Was the earring left by her?

So many questions.

Also, the metallic sheen of that earring would bring someone's attention to it.

Here's an additional thought to my post above concerning the earring find:

Was Shannan caught or brought out and held at that place at the base of the stairs?

Was the earring ripped away in the struggle? Was the earring left by her?

So many questions.

Also, the metallic sheen of that earring would bring someone's attention to it.

According to reports, Ms. Gilbert ran out of the house of her own volition.

Personally, I haven't read any MSM reports as to how Ms. Gilbert might of lost her earring. I don't know if others have.

New York Daily News
Sharp-eyed cop found 5th set of
human remains on L.I. beach that
may be serial killer dumping
ground
BY MATHEW LYSIAK AND JOHN LAUINGER
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-03-30/local/29381952_1_megan-waterman-shannan-gilbert-oak-beach

"Gilbert frantically ran out of the Oak Beach, L.I., home of Joseph Brewer about 4 a.m. on May 1, pounded on the door of a neighbor and begged for help."

Gilbert's family posted this on their FB site yesterday

No matter what detectives or others say, we do not believe your death was accidental & we'll continue to fight for justice, however long it takes. Until then, sleep with the angels Shannan ♥

and, they went on to say that they still have not heard anything new from the Medical Examiner but hope to get results next month.

http://justiceforshannangilbert.wordpress.com/2011/12/17/shannangilbert/#comments:

Shannan’s earring was found in front of J. Brewer’s house by her sisters (PD missed this)
Detectives recovered Shannan’s jacket in the brush where she had run early in their initial search, but now tell the family “it’s lost.” They also say they don’t have her purse, ID, cell phone.

One Response to “Shannan Gilbert”

Cristina Pena said
December 18, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Hi, I am a person with ‘spiritual gifts’ and I use them to help people.

My name is Cristina and I am a Reiki Master/Teacher. @ http://www.reikiandmeditation.com and http://www.go-chakra.com

If you want my spiritual insight then let me know, so that I may shed some light into this case. FYI: Ons aturady, December 10, 2011, I sent my “insight” to crime stopper suffolk county pd online, and told them where to find the body.

God Bless,

Cristina Pena

This is what the very same Cristina Pena posted, as a comment to a Shannan Gilbert newsreport, December 16, 2011:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...Suffolk-Long-Island-Prostitute-135673033.html

Cristina Pena · SubscribeSubscribed · 33 years old
MAYBE the DA should manadate a search of the cop who "found the first body and shannans shoe! Reply · Like · Follow Post · December 16, 2011 at 2:07am

Now, wheter this Cristina Pena was the person who tiped the SCPD about the location of Shannan Gilberts, I have no idea.

. One Response to “Shannan...her. @ [url]http://www.reikiandmeditation.com and http://www.go-chakra.com

God Bless,

Cristina Pena

Lol. What a joke.

If she knew anything about the way Crimestoppers online works, she wouldn't have posted such a foolish statement. The website received hundreds of tips every day regarding countless cases. It takes the Crimestoppers team between two weeks and three months (depending upon the volume of tips received) to sort through all of the tips and forward the promising ones over the appropriate investigative unit for further review.

And what is even funnier about her assumption that her tip led them to SG's body is that the entire team assigned to SG's case were all out in the field searching the wetlands on the day (and the following days) that her alleged December 10th tip was sent in. They didn't return to the office to start sorting through new tips until another week or two later!!

Weren't they searching that area for almost a week before they found her body? So, she called and gave them a tip that the body was in the area that they were already searching?

Lol. What a joke.

If she knew anything about the way Crimestoppers online works, she wouldn't have posted such a foolish statement. The website received hundreds of tips every day regarding countless cases. It takes the Crimestoppers team between two weeks and three months (depending upon the volume of tips received) to sort through all of the tips and forward the promising ones over the appropriate investigative unit for further review.

And what is even funnier about her assumption that her tip led them to SG's body is that the entire team assigned to SG's case were all out in the field searching the wetlands on the day (and the following days) that her alleged December 10th tip was sent in. They didn't return to the office to start sorting through new tips until another week or two later!!

Pfft....why let facts get in the way of a good story!! :)

I hope LE is getting their ducks in a row so that they can make those arrests as soon as they announce it was a homicide. We all know who choked her and chased her.

It's been 4 months & 6 days since Gilbert's remains were found. I am still bumfuzzled why it's taken so long to establish a cause of death, complete the autopsy and/or release her remains.

I hope LE is getting their ducks in a row so that they can make those arrests as soon as they announce it was a homicide. We all know who choked her and chased her.

All due respect, but you do not speak for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd