17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was suggested to Galbreath by the SA that GZ was circling, is how I see that. jmo

Your right. I would like to see GZ's statements to LE before I decide what he really said. He may have said something like "I was afraid that he would circle back after he passed my car" or something similar to that. JMO.

It was suggested to Galbreath by the SA that GZ was circling, is how I see that. jmo

Nope:

But during his turn on the stand, Gilbreath drew attention to
Zimmerman's assertion to police that Trayvon was at one point running around Zimmerman's car. Gilbreath questioned why that should make Zimmerman fear for his life. “[Zimmerman] was so scared that he still got out of the car and chased Mr. Martin,” Gilbreath said skeptically.

See #857

Those don't appear to be concrete rug burn type of injuries IMO I think they could be finger nail gouges....

Nope:

See #857
That's a paraphrasing of events at the same hearing that was just directly quoted. I'm not sure how one interpretation could be considered more accurate than another.

Judge Jeanine is questioning the authenticity of GZ's blood photo.

:gthanks: OMG! I never heard that before! Maybe it's my subconscious, since you told me what to listen for, but I do hear the click that could be a lock slide (though I would only know this from tv/movies as I haven't handled a weapons [M16, USAF, and only for qualifying] in over 5 years). Perhaps this is some of the evidence the SA has.

I just played the tape of the 911 call many times. I happen to have a 9mm handy so ..I removed the clip from the gun and placed it back in a few times. I found the sounds to be very similar if not identical. GZ was getting prepared for the fight of his life, he had the thought of using that gun in his mind well before the fight. TM was his target IMO :maddening:

One of our posters posted a self made video with the sounds of this exact firearm. I also think ConcernedPapa made his own video comparing the sounds.
I'll go see if I can find them

Thanks...that would be appreciated!

The prosecution is not supposed to 'ask' for copies. This waving stuff around (how do we even know it was medical reports?) was for show by MOM.

There are rules for discovery of evidence for both sides prior to the SYG hearing and/or trial.

There is no prosecution before the probable cause affidavit, which is drafted by an investigator. The investigator does not need to use discovery to obtain evidence. They can just ask for it. (or not ask for it)

I'm not as convinced as you are; from another poster: http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=9d34a99a7c85ac692ac07d300d4863f77d449f2d.36294
The point is, GZ's statements, as well as his spokespeople, have been that Trayvon smashed his head repeatedly into the concrete. The photo doesn't show what one would expect such an injury to look like...IMHO.
In the bond hearing, the State investigator said it was an injury caused by trauma to the back of GZ's head, and admitted that it was consistent with GZ's claim that his head struck cement repeatedly in the fight.

http://www.wral.com/news/video/11004815/#/vid11004815
It's toward the end of Gilbreath's testimony.

I'm not as convinced as you are; from another poster: http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=9d34a99a7c85ac692ac07d300d4863f77d449f2d.36294

The point is, GZ's statements, as well as his spokespeople, have been that Trayvon smashed his head repeatedly into the concrete. The photo doesn't show what one would expect such an injury to look like...IMHO.

BBM
I'm not sure what people expect GZ's head to look like. One thing that I know is that my husband was hit by a truck and knocked in the air about 10-15', landing on concrete that was surrounded by railroad tie's. His head hit a railroad tie and he was knocked unconcious . GZ has more damage to the back of his head than my husband ended up with on his forehead. The next day hubby had one heck of an egg and about a 1' cut that required no stitches. Of course I've always said that hubby has a hard head. :floorlaugh: (But he did have other injuries to his body.) In all seriousness, though hubby did suffer TBI (mostly memory loss & mood swings) and we've learned to adapt over the years. Anyway, sometimes a head can take a hit or impact and not end up looking like road rash or raw hamburger.

Those don't appear to be concrete rug burn type of injuries IMO I think they could be finger nail gouges....

They almost look like that or a small puncture wound. A few posters mentioned earlier about built in sprinklers on the lawns in that area, and that would certainly do it. (not sure if they have those or not but it could be anything)

Like I also said before, GZ could have fallen himself, we just don't know how he got these minor injuries on his head. The head bleeds more than perhaps anywhere else on the body, even with the most minor scrape, nick, or cut. I don't see these injuries as being significant either way.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
Also, can you pour a little ketchup on there and do another one for us so we can see if red would wash out, too? I swear, you'll be good as new after a quick shower. ;-)

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Thanks for pointing out how inept the Prosecution has been so far in not asking for copies.

The Discovery process has not started. The defense has information that they will be required to share when they request Discovery from the prosecution. They usually will delay as they don't want to show their hand any sooner than necessary. Control of when this happens is in the hands of the defense.

Not part of what you said, but something somewhat related is the differing opinions on the testimony from the investigator. He was there at the request of AC, just as an observer. Had he been subpoenaed by MOM, he would have come prepared. He was not planning on being called, this was a bail hearing!! MOM took it to another level, but he seemed to do this intentionally, to make the Prosecution look bad, IMO. If he really wanted testimony, he should have supoenaed the investigators.

The defense attorneys on HLN typically side with the Defense, regardless of the case they are commenting on. That is likely the reason some are saying they were right not to show their cards during a bail hearing, while others claimed they were inept. MOO.

just for the record, I was agreeing with what you said 100%. Just adding some thoughts that have been kicking around my head :)

Totally understood. I didn't feel I had been "corrected"; on the contrary, I'm glad you helped me make it clear I wasn't criticizing grieving parents. They always get a pass from me.

The more I look at the head injuries I think that's what they must be. And while I bet that did hurt George, I don't believe those injuries would qualify as life-threatening, in my opinion. I don't think they can justify Stand Your Ground. JMOO :cow:

Oh please i have had worse injuries from my ex-hubby beating me than GZ did from the supposed fight for his life..I thimk GZ ia a liar and murderer and racist...IMHO JMHO and all that

:cry: I'm sorry, kimpage!

Whats wrong with that? He still has to eat. His wife needs income. Its not like he can go down to McDonalds to get a job. Besides - would you rather have donors or taxpayers pay his legal bills?

We'll end up paying for them anyway if MOM gets him declared indigent like he wants.

As far as personal needs he should have thought of that before he got himself into this fix....totally avoidable as it was.

His wife can get a job....a lot of us went to school and worked.

The more I look at the head injuries I think that's what they must be. And while I bet that did hurt George, I don't believe those injuries would qualify as life-threatening, in my opinion. I don't think they can justify Stand Your Ground. JMOO :cow:
You don't have to have life-threatening injuries to be able to stand your ground. You just have to be in reasonable fear that you will receive such injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member