WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the picture would lead you to believe that Richard has earlobes but if there is one thing I do remember about him is that his lobes were fused. I apologize for the poor image quality. I do have several other pictures I will try and post. I don't know why, but it will not let me upload the second set of pictures. It is four pictures of Richard I scanned into the computer to send to Detective Shumate. I am willing to email them to someone if they can help me upload them.

What are the KB/MB sizes of the photos? You may want to try cropping the photos and just posting the part(s) of the photo(s) that are of him. Resizr.com is the best website for cropping pictures.

Wow,I sure think Richard is Lyle. If he isn't, I will be stunned. Bunniswife - I am sorry for your finding your roommate this way.

Richard was from Burnaby. He is of German descent but is very dark, almost as if he had gypsy in him.
This deserves a closer look, and I'll be meeting with Det. Sgt. Shumate on Tuesday. Many of the features look good, but I can't tell about the ears. The gentleman with the beer bottle has the type of earlobes that Lyle had.

I am in stunned disbelief right now. I just saw a picture uploaded on the Lyle Stevik Facebook site of Lyle's other shirt. I believe I just sent a picture of Richard wearing that same shirt to a member here to try and upload for me. If not, then it is very similar and Richard and Lyle had the same style.

This deserves a closer look, and I'll be meeting with Det. Sgt. Shumate on Tuesday. Many of the features look good, but I can't tell about the ears. The gentleman with the beer bottle has the type of earlobes that Lyle had.

Richard had those ears too, his lobes didn't hang although they were a little bigger than my other friends. They connected right to his head.

Ok, it won't let me do it because the file is too big, i.e., there are 4 photos together sent as one photo attachment. But I have to say upon looking at the shape of his face up close, I am less sure now. If you look at the one in the upper left corner, it shows his chin jutting out in a way that Lyle's doesn't seem to. I don't know how to crop photos to make them small enough to post. I suck like that, sadly.

:banghead: I tried to crop my other pictures of Richard and didn't make a copy to start with. Anyhow, what's left is this picture. I know the earlobes look off but looking at Lyle's earlobes, they are fat in the same place Richards lobes were.

Attachments

• Richard Meirle 2.jpg
    Richard Meirle 2.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 262
It's the chin that seems off to me. I dunno . . . he's the closest I've seen since we all got excited over Jonathan Depatie, may he rest in peace.

:banghead: I tried to crop my other pictures of Richard and didn't make a copy to start with. Anyhow, what's left is this picture. I know the earlobes look off but looking at Lyle's earlobes, they are fat in the same place Richards lobes were.
I don't believe that Richard is Lyle, but I am meeting with Shumate on Tuesday, and will let everyone know what we uncover.

Thanks, I hope Richard isn't Lyle either. But if he IS, then I would want to know. They/ He deserves that.

Thanks Lane, it's good to hear from you again.

UPDATE: I have cropped the remaining photos. See attachments below.

Attachments

• richard3.jpg
    richard3.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 209
  • richard4.jpg
    richard4.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 205
  • richard5.jpg
    richard5.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 180
Thinking of you, bunniswife, and Richard, and everyone who loved him. I can't imagine that this will be easy whichever way things turn out. Know that you are in a safe place with lots of support, though.

I was looking at the photos and wondered if you remember Richard having a mole on his chin? The cocaine use also goes along with "Lyle's" tightened belt and apparent weight loss.

Keeping you in my thoughts as we wait.

Thinking of you, bunniswife, and Richard, and everyone who loved him. I can't imagine that this will be easy whichever way things turn out. Know that you are in a safe place with lots of support, though.

I was looking at the photos and wondered if you remember Richard having a mole on his chin? The cocaine use also goes along with "Lyle's" tightened belt and apparent weight loss.

Keeping you in my thoughts as we wait.

Richard does in fact have a mole in the same spot as Lyle. One thing about Richard was that he always wore clothes that were too big for him because he was very slim. His pants were always two to three sizes too big and he always layered his shirts. Richard also had an appendectomy scar on his stomach which is why so many of the similarities lead me to believe he may be Lyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member