GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have been scared to walk that far at 1:20 am when I was 23,though. But I was not a trained medic/soldier.

Have you seen how tiny Kelli is? Trained or not, the girl can only do so much to protect herself. Also, my husband is a marine. 6'3 220lbs and I am 5'3 115, I can kick his butt. The whole training thing is over-rated. They are still human and vulnerable.

This is definitely a new charge. It wasn't there the last time I looked up his charges. Seems to me that LE has it in for him.

Wonder if this charge was added once it was reported that the location of NH's lean-to tent was on DOT property. DOT may have felt compelled (or even been requested) to bring charges. JMO

Has this been posted yet?
NH was also charged with unlawfully on premises. Am I reading it correctly and it's a felony? Would it be related to his S.O. status and he was somewhere he shouldn't have been?

Name: HOLBERT, NICHOLAS MICHAEL
Booking ID: 150206
Date Arrested: April 20, 2012
Charge: F:UNLAWFUL ON PREMISE
Bond: $10,000.00
Race: White
Sex: Male
http://www.ccsonc.org/active_inmates/Inmates.aspx

I wonder if it has something to do with him staying behind the bar. The owner claims he didn't know he was staying back there, no? Could it be the owner is helping himself in some way by helping LE pile on the charges?

I wonder if it has something to do with him staying behind the bar. The owner claims he didn't know he was staying back there, no? Could it be the owner is helping himself in some way by helping LE pile on the charges?

The unlawfully on premises charge has to do with a sex offender being too close to "any place intended primarily for the use, care, or supervision of minors, including, but not limited to, schools, children's museums, child care centers, nurseries, and playgrounds". They can't be on the premises or within 300 feet of those places. Here are the sex offender statutes:

http://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/ByArticle/Chapter_14/Article_27A.html

The pertinent one is 14‑208.18.

They may have charged Nick with that because it looks like there is a church very close to Froggy Bottoms and the church probably qualifies as a place that cares for children. I really doubt it had anything to do with the bar owner.

I am not sure if this means anything but when I looked up the court records for Cumberland county, NC I noticed a woman with the same last name as Nick, has a court date on the same day as Nick does. It is in regards to a car title I believe. Not sure if this is related or not. Am I aloud to post the link on here? If this is related, it looks like it runs in the family.

It could. What caught my attention is it's a felony charge so I'm not sure how staying behind the bar would be a violation of his R.S.O. requirements.
Is the bar near a location intended for children? Or maybe LE has evidence that NH stayed other places in the last sever months. Either way, I think they're going to charge him with everything they can to keep him locked up while they collect every piece of evidence they can concerning Kelli's disappearance.
§ 14-208.18. Sex offender unlawfully on premises.
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person required to register under this Article, if the offense requiring registration is described in subsection (c) of this section, to knowingly be at any of the following locations:
(1) On the premises of any place intended primarily for the use, care, or supervision of minors, including, but not limited to, schools, children's museums, child care centers, nurseries, and playgrounds.
(2) Within 300 feet of any location intended primarily for the use, care, or supervision of minors when the place is located on premises that are not intended primarily for the use, care, or supervision of minors, including, but not limited to, places described in subdivision (1) of this subsection that are located in malls, shopping centers, or other property open to the general public.
(3) At any place where minors gather for regularly scheduled educational, recreational, or social programs.

http://mobile.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/PDF/BySection/Chapter_14/GS_14-208.18.pdf

Have you seen how tiny Kelli is? Trained or not, the girl can only do so much to protect herself. Also, my husband is a marine. 6'3 220lbs and I am 5'3 115, I can kick his butt. The whole training thing is over-rated. They are still human and vulnerable.

I believe Kelli may have if she was not taken off guard. To protect yourself with that size difference, don't you have to know that you are being attacked?
^i^

This is a young healthy female and I think she wouldnt think twice about walking this distance (even in flip flops).

JMO

No doubt she is a physically fit, healthy, and able bodied young lady, she can probably jog for miles with no problem...but would she, as a cautious female, WANT to walk home or walk a length home alone...in the dark around 1am...probably being tired anyway...on a Friday night when bargoers are all over Ramsey...and given that the area has had recent rapes or crimes? I feel like she WOULD think twice about it, JMO. Kelli is a beautiful girl and very petite and I do think she seems like a responsible and careful girl.

The irony is not lost on me that she would have probably been safer walking home THAT night than getting in a car with NH.

Does anyone know if (or, if not, why not) the military is conducting any searches using soldiers and their resources?

And can someone clarify the context of MB's comment "Let's call him Justin!"...I only saw it once a while back but I did see it on tv, where he said that or "Let's just call him Justin!", something like that, and it struck me as odd...I thought..."Well, why would we call him ANYthing but his name??" I thought that was an odd remark. And IIRC I remember thinking MB said it kind of loudly and seemed to think it was funny or said it in a laughing way..this is from memory at a glance..I have also heard that MB is upset off camera and taking this hard..but it was an off exchange. I guess if they were having marital issues and her friend Justin was being confided in, it would make sense for there to be some issue on MB's part...but I will say that I think for the general public, their marriage and status is their business as long as LE knows, we should leave it alone...I'm just curious if anyone knows the reason for the Let's call him Justin comment because I laughed out loud, and the situation sure isn't funny, but the way he said it, I don't know, I laughed. :blushing:

Has this been posted yet?
NH was also charged with unlawfully on premises. Am I reading it correctly and it's a felony? Would it be related to his S.O. status and he was somewhere he shouldn't have been?

Name: HOLBERT, NICHOLAS MICHAEL
Booking ID: 150206
Date Arrested: April 20, 2012
Charge: F:UNLAWFUL ON PREMISE
Bond: $10,000.00
Race: White
Sex: Male
http://www.ccsonc.org/active_inmates/Inmates.aspx

http://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/ByArticle/Chapter_14/Article_27A.html

Okay, my wording wasn't very precise. What I should has asked is whether the exact location where NH claims to have dropped off Kelli has been made public by a reliable source? I'm sure that LE has questioned NH extensively and has much more exact information, but I haven't seen anything specific reported by the msm. I'd like to know if he claims to have dropped her off on Ramsey or on Kings Creek.
This is the only time I remember the media reporting an exact location she was dropped off at.The reporter says this is where holbert said he dropped her off and the camera shows the intersection of Ramsey St. and kings creek drive the reporter also remarks it is a quarter mile from her apt. complex.Also noticed holbert said in this interview that KB called him up for a ride to the bar.
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/video?id=8626872

No doubt she is a physically fit, healthy, and able bodied young lady, she can probably jog for miles with no problem...but would she, as a cautious female, WANT to walk home or walk a length home alone...in the dark around 1am...probably being tired anyway...on a Friday night when bargoers are all over Ramsey...and given that the area has had recent rapes or crimes? I feel like she WOULD think twice about it, JMO. Kelli is a beautiful girl and very petite and I do think she seems like a responsible and careful girl.

Thanks for your response. We really do not know Kelli's mindset at that moment and can only speculate based on our own experience and people we know.
I do not know if we can call Kelli cautious because she did go out to FB alone basically or with the RSO. I believe Kelli lived life without fear. She sounds like a bright, intelligent, brave, determined girl. Anyone would be proud to be her friend. JMO

We don't know how much publicity the media & LE are pushing the serial rapist in their area either. Kelli may not have been aware of the recent rape.

If you look at the crime statistics for Fayetteville, it is scary! So I do understand y'all thinking Kelli was aware and cautious. Yet, it looks like it was someone close to Kelli who brought her harm.
JMO

Does anyone know if (or, if not, why not) the military is conducting any searches using soldiers and their resources?

And can someone clarify the context of MB's comment "Let's call him Justin!"...I only saw it once a while back but I did see it on tv, where he said that or "Let's just call him Justin!", something like that, and it struck me as odd...I thought..."Well, why would we call him ANYthing but his name??" I thought that was an odd remark. And IIRC I remember thinking MB said it kind of loudly and seemed to think it was funny or said it in a laughing way..this is from memory at a glance..I have also heard that MB is upset off camera and taking this hard..but it was an off exchange. I guess if they were having marital issues and her friend Justin was being confided in, it would make sense for there to be some issue on MB's part...but I will say that I think for the general public, their marriage and status is their business as long as LE knows, we should leave it alone...I'm just curious if anyone knows the reason for the Let's call him Justin comment because I laughed out loud, and the situation sure isn't funny, but the way he said it, I don't know, I laughed. :blushing:

If someone has the link to this, I would love to see it. TIA!

Just thought I would post this link to where I found a woman by the name of Sandra Holbert from Cumberland County has a court date right around the time as NH. I am not sure if this is his mother but there are several charges. Mods, if this is against the rules please take it down. It is public record so I am assuming it is okay.
http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/cal...0&agency=&defname=Holbert&submit=Submit+Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend