Rob Lowe to play Jeff Ashton in movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, I totally agree with Lovitz and Meredith Baxter, lol. Farina for George just makes me squirm-- ewwwwww, he's perfect! Laura Linney for LindaDB would be beyond awesome. I'm kind of hoping there's some vengeful desire for actors to accept a role in this biopic, many of them followed along. Hey, maybe Juliette Lewis can play a significant cameo... Annie D.? Zenaida G.? :fence:

Personally, I think KC should be played by someone prettier than she is-- so when people see her in person they can be heard saying: Oh, I thought she was much better looking than that! I'm all for crushing the narcissist at every opportunity. With that in mind, I suggest: Rose Byrne, from the FX show, Damages.

eta: Stockard Channing would also make a fine LDB.

Attachments

• Rose-Byrne.jpg
    Rose-Byrne.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 19
Just want to quickly add - for those of you posters who don't know me from the depo days ..:blushing: ...that I have expressed my opinion because it is IMO - and not an attempt to influence you all from having fun from role picking etc., or to have you think I'm sitting here in judgement - cause it isn't so.

It's just me yapping about what's in my head as usual....:what: ....

My vote for ca is not Meredith Baxter Birney. She is entirely too pretty. I say Chloris Leachman. That would really get to ca.

Since this movie will be based on Jeff's book, he will get the money not FCA, right?

If that is the case I am glad the movie is coming out now before one that would benefit JB, CM or anyone in the Anthony family.

I really think this could be partly why Jeff is doing it, to get the story out both in a book and a movie before anyone on the defense side could profit.

I personally think playing FCA would be probably an interesting role and one a serious actress who would take the role seriously should portray. I agree with what some other posters said, that in the era where "average intelligence" is still "NOT THAT SMART" and where people like the Pinellas 12 need things literally spelled out for them with pictures and small words, that a movie explaining what happened - from the perspective that most of us agree with - and informing the masses how it really all went down, may change some minds of those who want to disagree but not look at evidence or employ common sense.

Plus it further paints her in a bad light and reminds her who she really is.

I think Kristen Stewart should play her, she's young and relevant and has the protruding ears. I'd like for this movie to gather attention, quite honestly, just so people can see what FCA really is..

The movie based on the book will show how *stupid* - IMHO - was at not looking at all the evidence at all...always makes me wonder if the jury went and looked at thing after the fact.

It will not put KC in the lime light of a movie being done for about her. I hope the emphasis will be on Caylee and that they do some sort of flashback of this little girl playing and living and being happy. I don't think any A/B/C..maybe even D list actress would want to put her name as playing the role of KC..it will be some unknown actress

Hal Boedecker suggested that since JA never even talked to her, they could simply use the news clips. They could just use a stand in and shoot her from the back. That would likely bother fca, that they wouldn't even bother with casting her.

I personally think playing FCA would be probably an interesting role and one a serious actress who would take the role seriously should portray. I agree with what some other posters said, that in the era where "average intelligence" is still "NOT THAT SMART" and where people like the Pinellas 12 need things literally spelled out for them with pictures and small words, that a movie explaining what happened - from the perspective that most of us agree with - and informing the masses how it really all went down, may change some minds of those who want to disagree but not look at evidence or employ common sense.

Plus it further paints her in a bad light and reminds her who she really is.

I think Kristen Stewart should play her, she's young and relevant and has the protruding ears. I'd like for this movie to gather attention, quite honestly, just so people can see what FCA really is..

:what: Did you just say FCA was "NOT THAT SMART"? Ohh..er...ummm....:rotfl: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: well that took me back to my first mod warning...:floorlaugh:

Ermm - sorry..:blushing: Carry On!!

Every Lifetime movie I've watched about a case I've followed ends up disappointing me. They always skim over everything and often miss important information. They never take time to develop any of the characters which causes them to dramatically overact their roles which makes their movies look very cheesy. Lifetime rushes their production just so they can be first it seems. I wouldn't doubt it if the movie is already in production. I also wouldn't doubt it if the reason they chose Rob Lowe is because he played Drew Peterson which got Lifetime their highest ratings ever for a movie.

It's all about the money, money for the tv station, the sponsors, and I'm sad to say Jeff Ashton.
I know I won't be watching this "movie".
I saw the real thing and don't need any more reminders of a murderer go free.
I hope it's a flop.

I am glad to say I read the book and will watch the movie. Many people have made money off this horrendous crime - it's the nature of the beast.

As the felon moves from probation into what she may perceive as a normal life, I'm glad that the public will be reminded of exactly what she did, and got away with (from Ashton's POV).

But if there's anyone I want to see watch it -- it's the jurors!

MOO

Mel

I like Kristen Stewart as the felon. I think she'd do a good job.

Casey Anthony = Juliette Lewis

or I should say

Juliette Lewis = Casey Anthony

I like Kristen Stewart as the felon. I think she'd do a good job.

I love Kristen and because I LOVE Kristen, I do not want to see her playing Casey Anthony! No way!! That's my Bella!

Jose Baez= Danny Devito. :floorlaugh:

I love the idea of a random "stand-in" like character for FCA--someone above mentioned meshing that with real footage...and while I like the idea in theory, I think that could make her think she's so freaking special no one could even come close to playing her...I like the idea that it's based off of JA's book so no $ for the felon. I'm not proud, but I'll probably end up watching it...DVR'd so I can ff through the commercials...shameful :blushing:

As for who I think would be ideal to play the characters...these are more my fantasies than a real guess at the actors for this particular movie:

While I really cannot picture Rob Lowe as Ashton AT ALL, I can't think of a better substitute right this moment

• Heather Locklear for Linda Drane Burdick

• I agree Meredith Baxter for Cindy Anthony

• Forest Whitaker for Judge Perry

• Ben Affleck for Lee Anthony (keep in mind I'm not a big Ben Affleck fan, though;), I like his brother better but I think Ben could be made into Lee)

• Jenna Fisher for Mallory

• Maybe Bill Pullman for my beloved Dr. Arpad Vass :blowkiss:
  • Hmm...I like the idea of Jon Lovitz for JB...although Stephen Root could maybe pull it off...he was really good in True Blood...

• Preferably no one, or an unknown who miraculously isn't followed by the stigma of playing Casey for the rest of her career...failing that, Alyssa Milano for the felon, except that's who Casey mentioned in her jailhouse letters, so I wouldn't want her to actually have that satisfaction...Kristen Stewart wouldn't be bad except IMO she's bad in everything cuz she's not a very good actress IMO (sorry Twilight fans) but I think she could be made to look enough like Casey :couch: Maybe Jena Malone, even...Ellen Page could probably pull it off but I like her too much and she's too sweet looking...dunno if she could make her eyes empty enough?
Hmm....I'd blocked so much of this case out of my head...

Flourish - I think Ellen Page would be absolutely fantastic as Casey! She is very sweet and soft, I agree, but she has natural instincts that I rarely see in young actresses anymore, and she'd really be perfect.

I love the idea of Neve Campbell too, but she's just way too old anymore for it.

And Rob Lowe as Ashton? I will have nice dreams tonight..... yum...

I'm watching The Green Mile right now, how about the actress who plays Tom Hanks' wife for Cindy?

I think the Pinellas 12 should have to play themselves. Can I say that without getting in trouble?

*I am speaking of a fantasy I am having right now.

:cow:

Flourish - I think Ellen Page would be absolutely fantastic as Casey! She is very sweet and soft, I agree, but she has natural instincts that I rarely see in young actresses anymore, and she'd really be perfect.

I love the idea of Neve Campbell too, but she's just way too old anymore for it.

And Rob Lowe as Ashton? I will have nice dreams tonight..... yum...

And silly me, I forgot about Ellen Page in the movie "Hard Candy." That was one messed up movie...yeah, she could do dead eyes. Ellen Page is short, too.

For FCA, how about Tina Fey with prosthetic ears?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member