TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, just jumping in here, if you or I went out with a guy one time, and he was not our cup of tea, that does not a relationship make, but it might be to him.

And that's how stalkers are born.

http://wreg.com/2012/05/08/timeline-a-look-back-at-when-kidnapping-began-how-it-led-to-murder/

Please don't ask me to explain about the funeral because I absolutely am clueless at this point.

Uggg! These media reports are so confusing.

"Jo Ann and the kids, everyone loves them. We're just hoping to hear that they're safe," said Linda Kirkland, a family friend and cook at the Country Cafe in Whiteville, Tenn.

Kirkland said the woman and her daughters were moving to Arizona because two of the girls had asthma

It's way down in the article at the 2:30 pm update

http://www.djournal.com/view/full_s...found-in-Mississippi?instance=home_news_right

I've been wanting to try and find an obituary also. I'll see what i can find.

The sister of Adams ex is making these statements and I don't believe what she is saying about them dating or other accusations. JB's friends and family think this is ridiculous. I will trust them first.

The 2 oldest are fathered by MJ and the yougest by GB according to the family.

Whatever the truth actually is, he believed one of the girls could be his child.

"Union County deputies say Mayes is a friend of the Bain family. Neighbors tell abc24 news he would frequently bring Jo Ann Bain's daughters to his trailer home. According to Patterson, Mayes and his wife have lived there for more than two years. She says one of the three Bain girls may have belonged to him."
http://www.abc24.com/content/topsto...ly-After-2-Bodies/qg6-gT6rvEOzz7Gw2TSD1A.cspx

Whatever the truth actually is, he believed one of the girls could be his child.

"Union County deputies say Mayes is a friend of the Bain family. Neighbors tell abc24 news he would frequently bring Jo Ann Bain's daughters to his trailer home. According to Patterson, Mayes and his wife have lived there for more than two years. She says one of the three Bain girls may have belonged to him."
http://www.abc24.com/content/topsto...ly-After-2-Bodies/qg6-gT6rvEOzz7Gw2TSD1A.cspx

He referred to others as all of them being his children also. So yes, he may have believed in his mind something to that effect or he may have been trying to rationalize to others his unusual closeness to these girls.

Anyway about it, something upstairs obviously was not right with him. Amazing that he had managed to have such close contact with them. But, it happens all the time. So many wolfs in sheeps clothing.

I don't know what he was telling other people, but his landlord (the one quoted in the article) was specific enough-he thought one of the girls was his but was not sure.

He referred to others as all of them being his children also. So yes, he may have believed in his mind something to that effect or he may have been trying to rationalize to others his unusual closeness to these girls.

Anyway about it, something upstairs obviously was not right with him. Amazing that he had managed to have such close contact with them. But, it happens all the time. So many wolfs in sheeps clothing.

Great point. To be seen with young girls and say they are your daughters doesn't seem so bad. To be seen hanging out with young girls that are no kin would raise eyebrows. So just claim them as yours and suddenly its acceptable.

Great point. To be seen with young girls and say they are your daughters doesn't seem so bad. To be seen hanging out with young girls that are no kin would raise eyebrows. So just claim them as yours and suddenly its acceptable.

It was clearly acceptable to the mother since she and her husband allowed him to hang out with the children.

It was clearly acceptable to the mother since she and her husband allowed him to hang out with the children.

But the mother and GB considered him a close family friend. Their judgement turned out to be very bad. Obviously if they could forsee the future he would not be allowed anywhere near them.

But the mother and GB considered him a close family friend. Their judgement turned out to be very bad. Obviously if they could forsee the future he would not be allowed anywhere near them.

What would be the reason they thought he would want to hang out with the young girls? I mean, landlord says he would take them to his house.
Clearly both the mother and her husband believed that to be perfectly acceptable-so, why?

What would be the reason they thought he would want to hang out with the young girls? I mean, landlord says he would take them to his house.
Clearly both the mother and her husband believed that to be perfectly acceptable-so, why?

I guess they trusted him.

I also agreed with Mark K when he said that about truckers.

However, the mother's ex/and 2 older girl's apparent biological father is also a trucker.. and he also may be a biker too.

He has already asked that truckers be on the look out, but I don't know how widespread his request has gone.

http://www.facebook.com/mark.johnso...46857515.18538.100002754022276&type=3&theater

Definitely. But my point is that when you add homicide of someone other than the child of the kidnapper to the mix, it is a sign of the predatory nature, in most cases, of the kidnapper. Can you think of a case where a parent killed others in the process of kidnapping their child? I can't and I think it is very rare. The violent act of murder of other parties in connection with kidnappings is usually combined with sexual predation.

I don't want to believe that, it's just the stats. I can list all such cases but Ghostwheel is right - it's all too horrible to think of. I'm going to try to focus on these girls being recovered alive and unscathed, for the most part.

There HAVE been cases where the father killed the mother and took the child.
I would give you cases, but I can't get the internet to cooperate with me long enough. :banghead:
Of course there are also the cases where the father kills the mother to avoid losing the child in a divorce...

Well my theory is that their bug antennae that are necessary to sense things such as danger had been damaged or broken off so they couldn't read the situation clearly. :moo:

Mine were waving wildly when his picture was first posted. :hills:

That saying "don't judge a book by it's cover". I'm guilty; I judged. :gavel:

I think it is very, very difficult to turn a relative you love in to the police, knowing that it will end in an arrest for the relative.

For example, it took David Kaczynski a couple weeks to finally go to the FBI with his suspicion that his brother, Ted Kaczynski, wrote the Unabomber's manifesto. He and Ted had not been in close touch for many years but it was still terribly difficult for David to turn his brother in.

In the Kaczynski case, part of David's terrible dilemma was that he knew that his brother could receive the death penalty. He attempted to negotiate with the FBI to take the death penalty off the table before he turned him in and thought the FBI had (David was double crossed).

In other less dramatic cases, relatives have shown the same hesitation. They are caught between two strong forces: the desire to do the right thing and their love of their family member.

Also, I think it's pretty well known that if someone turns themself in, the consequences are often less harsh than if someone else turns them in.

If it were my brother or sister, I hope I would do the right thing. But I can't say for sure I would unless I am placed in that situation.

I do firmly believe, however, that if a perp commits another crime before someone turns them in, the responsibility for that crime is 100% the perpetrator's fault.

I have been in "slightly less dramatic" cases. I feel like I know what I'd do, which is why I'm upset. :please:

Someone I grew up loving as a brother attempted to kill his grandmother who wouldn't let him drive drunk.

He "just lost it." It was a very brutal crime. He called 911 for medical help and ran before they got there.

I was devastated, shocked. There isn't a strong enough word. I adore this man who'd never been violent.

He came running to me. I always bailed him out. I'm always there for him. He knew I would still love him.

When he walked into my house I had no fear of him. I was relieved. I sat and talked to him for 15 minutes.

Then, I asked if he wanted me to drive him to turn himself in. Or, if I should call LE myself to come get him.

He chose to have me drive him, but he walked in alone. My boy did his time, he's sober and doing great.

I never considered letting him leave. I didn't feel he was a danger to anyone. But that wasn't the point.

I've said before... maybe I have more of a built in "do what is right" instinct. Maybe I'm the weird one.

There's NO way I'd wait at all, to call 911, knowing Mom and child were killed and two sisters abducted.

There would be no debate, no loyalty. 2 children's lives are in danger. It's that simple, for me. :please:

My apologies if this has been covered already, but I cannot read all the posts right now.

I have a question about the day of the kidnapping. So the family had flown back to TN FROM Arizona for a funeral/sickness, right? And if I understand correctly they were also doing some packing of a U-Haul so they could move the rest of their things to AZ, correct? So were the girls already enrolled in school in AZ? If so, then why would the father (GB) wake up that Monday morning and assume that the girls were in school, especially if they were still in TN?

I am sorry, this little thing just bothers me and I need clarification.

Yes, there does appear to be an issue regarding events on Friday (Apr 27) morning. AB's twitter account
https://twitter.com/#!/citygirl1997
suggests they flew in from Arizona on Wednesday, and she woke up around 8 AM Thursday, indicating she did NOT go to school on Thursday.

Similarly, FB accounts of children (no long accessible) listed Arizona schools, raising additional questions about schooling in TN in April.

The sister of Adams ex is making these statements and I don't believe what she is saying about them dating or other accusations. JB's friends and family think this is ridiculous. I will trust them first.

The 2 oldest are fathered by MJ and the yougest by GB according to the family.
The paternity issues go well beyond statements of TM's sister. Earlier media reports indicated AM was "dating" JB over a decade ago, raising the posibilty that he fathered (or thinks he fathered) AB (12 yo). Similarly, comments of TM's sister suggest that the relationship may be on going (raising the additional possibility that he fathered KB).

JB's aunt indicated GB married AM's sister (and other reports cited AM and GB marrying sisters) making AB and AM BILs for at least a decade.

However, the most compelling evidence for some type of relationship or suspicions of relations comes from FB and twitter accounts.

AM's account
https://twitter.com/#!/MayesAdam
has AB (14 yo) was his only follower (prior to posting of his account link) and she is the only person AM is following. Similarly, FB accounts of children list AM as friend and/or brother (no longer accessible).

Most compelling however is GB's FB post after the abduction, which suggested he was concerned that JB willingly left with AM. This possible scenario was shared by LE, leading to a week delay in the issuing of an Amber alert, since the abduction/murder appeared to be a domestic/custody issue.

Thus, there was clearly a great deal of confusion about relationships, regardless of true situation, and this uncertainly affected MANY aspects of this case, including potential interactions in the house (including venting and crying) the day prior to the abduction.

I do not believe that he thought one of the children were his.. If he did think that would that not break up his friendship status with JB husband? I wonder if the husband ever confronted him on that... I acutally think that he just "said" he thought of them like daugthters and sometime refered to them as "my kids" or 'my babies"

I do not think their is a reason that he got upset with mom, dad or anyone.. whatever made him do this had been building up... a person just does not just wake up one day and decide to snap, kidnap, and kill.. bury bodies, leave and just because an argument of some kind.. alot of people ask why would he do that??? Because he is a killer and most likley a molestor.

I have read alot of people write.. well he doesnt really fit the type as a molestor.. are you kidding.. a man in 30's with attachment to young girls that inserts himself into the family, goes on outings with them, pics all over facebook... that is red flags all over the place to me.. I say he was and is molesting them.. especially the middle child.

If he loved kids so much he shouldnt of been living with mom and got a wife (being that the one arrested is X wife) and produced his own kids.. problem solved.. then he has his own family.

It is not natural in anyway shape of form to be that close to girls or boys for that matter.
And being that the girls loved him back... so what.. that is what a child that is groomed does... he fills them with his fake love to use them and keep the secret.. the more they keep the secret the more he tells them how wonderful they are and guess what they believe it...
Not blaming anyone other than him.. but PARENTS be careful who you let into your life around kids...

I hope that their is a good outcome on this one

Speaking of there being no category in the DSM for TM.. When I was reading on her Facebook.. Linked to upthread she makes mention that she's doing real good now that she's taking her meds just like the docs told her to and that everything was just fine now.. No more fussing and "frighting".. And yes the quotes is the exact word she used obviously meaning fighting i suppose..But IMO could definitely be an indicator of some major issues and illnesses that caused volatile and possibly even violent behaviors.. Jmo what I gleaned from reading her FB.. I definitely do not believe for a moment that she thinks, feels, and behaves like the average female who had dislike and jealousy for other females.. Not at all..

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

"Frighting" could also mean panic attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck