The Rumor Mill -- unsubstantiated, yet possible relevant information

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's too complicated to catch fire like the nursery rumor did, you need to keep it simple for the layman, that is why I am developing a new rumor that Billy Joel is the LISK.

simple direct connection for the brain to make:

bissett = burlap = lisk

billy joel = long island celebrity = lisk

I need help with the joel rumor, so far I have "he transported the victims inside of pianos" and the blunt force trauma to the asian male's head was in the shape of a Grammy (Goodnight Saigon), anybody else have some good ideas for billy? lol :)
It was an accident and happened after a bottle of red and a bottle of white.

that's too complicated to catch fire like the nursery rumor did, you need to keep it simple for the layman, that is why I am developing a new rumor that Billy Joel is the LISK.

simple direct connection for the brain to make:

bissett = burlap = lisk

billy joel = long island celebrity = lisk

I need help with the joel rumor, so far I have "he transported the victims inside of pianos" and the blunt force trauma to the asian male's head was in the shape of a Grammy (Goodnight Saigon), anybody else have some good ideas for billy? lol :)

I understand the concept of "gallows humor" - but your statement is not funny - and incredibly disrespectful to the victims - JMHO

He has police immunity on Long Island. He can crash into your house at 3am drunk but wont be arrested. In fact the person whose house he crashed into might actually invite him and the responding cops in for a drink afterwards.

What's disrespectful is those who are accusing a man who, as far as we know, has absolutely no connection to these tragic murders. Truthspider was merely making a point, through humor.

That's fine - but just like you two can make jokes about VICTIMS in this case - I have a right to call you both out for being insensitive to the VICTIM(s) in this case...

Answer me this - how is making fun of a VICTIM being "victim friendly" as is the stated purpose of this forum?

You both say you are making points about how someone has been falsely accused and it was wrong - agreed - however, using a VICTIM in this case to make your point is uncalled for. Plain & Simple. Moving on.....:hand:

I agree with you scorpio, I edited the post and took out the part about the victim. I want to make another Joel joke about piano strings as ligature but I'll digress.

I've lived Suffolk County for over 30 years and I never knew his name or what he looked like. Yes I have been to his business, but I had no idea who the owner was.

The wholesale nursery business or the LI Aquarium?

Highly unlikely you would ever have seen him if you were there as a patron.

That's exactly my point. A couple of people said that everyone on LI knew his name and what he looked like because of his businesses.

I just hope all the people who perpetuated the rumor by claiming that a cop told them about the rumor get a visit from internal affairs and those that ran with it get a letter from a lawyer. Shame on you all. A suicide is a terrible thing to go though. Have you ever gone through one? I have...it destroys the family. You all just opened an innoccent familes freshly healing wounds and dumped salt on them. And by you all I mean those who spread the rumor. Karma is not a B!****....karma is another word that begins with a "c" that is inappropriate for me to type. Reep the whirlwind.With that being said....I will no longer be commenting on this blasphemy..

I have found this current rumor to be fascinting, disturbing, and eye-opening. How does a rumor like this get started and catch FIRE like this one did? It has been HUGE!!! I am not from Long Island, so I have never been to the business, and I have no vested interested in this except my obsession with finding the LISK. I want justice for the victims at Gilgo and Manorville... and Atlantic City. I am the consumate "underdog advocate". This rumor is both fascinting and disturbing because of the rumor victim (JB), and because so many people were willing to believe without official confirmation. I heard the rumor early on, and it did interest me (still does) because it was a situation that could neatly fit the puzzle piece of the LISK to make a complete picture. We are back to square one - nothing.... nada... zip.... just 10 deceased UID's that need justice, and one ID'd (Shannan Gilber) that needs justice.

Mod Note: The rumor has been resolved. It's time to drop the subject and MOVE ON. :tyou:

MOVE ON? And so has Bessie the Moderator decreed. Bessie, this false rumor may be the most important part of this case if you understand WHY it could have happened and who created it. I don't think you folks really have a clue how they operate in Suffolk County.

INHO, it has been my experience in any highly publicized and protracted investigation as a Gilgo case, the main obstacles that need to be overcome are the detectives themselves. If the dominent investigator is right about the theory of the case - OK, but if they are WRONG, the case may never be solved.

There are giant egos involved in this case. Those egos can take a case and spin it off into another direction.

Bessie wants one of the most important revelations yet spoken about this case to be shelved.

BESSIE, IMHO, the false rumor and who and why it was created may open up doors to what the heck happened.

Read what has happened and what hasn't happened since 1/1/12. Understand the people involved. Understand what their goals are. Those 11 poor souls are the least of their worries.

INHO, it has been my experience in any highly publicized and protracted investigation as a Gilgo case, the main obstacles that need to be overcome are the detectives themselves. If the dominent investigator is right about the theory of the case - OK, but if they are WRONG, the case may never be solved.

There are giant egos involved in this case. Those egos can take a case and spin it off into another direction.

Bessie wants one of the most important revelations yet spoken about this case to be shelved.

BESSIE, IMHO, the false rumor and who and why it was created may open up doors to what the heck happened.

Read what has happened and what hasn't happened since 1/1/12. Understand the people involved. Understand what their goals are. Those 11 poor souls are the least of their worries.
Agreed entirely. "They" have an agenda of their own, especially the esteemed Thomas Spota.

It's amazing people still can't see what he did to Levy and why he did it.

MOVE ON? And so has Bessie the Moderator decreed. Bessie, this false rumor may be the most important part of this case if you understand WHY it could have happened and who created it. I don't think you folks really have a clue how they operate in Suffolk County.

A clue I have, Hawkshaw, and I'm counting on you to enlighten me. ;). My post was mainly in response to the bickering that took place this morning. I admit that I'm not up to speed on the details surrounding "the rumor", but I promise to give it a closer look so we can approach it within the TOS. I was unaware that this was part of the broader topic you mentioned, one that should be explored. Give me a little time to get caught up. Thanks.

I think the fellow that caused this matter to take off posted a message on 631 Politics.Com. He (for the purpose of this post) suddenly comes on and names the person as the killer. The poster has been usually responsible in other posts on other matters. It knocked me for a loop to read his post. The one thing I believed is the poster got this information from someone he believed to be very credible.

What got my interest is only a few days before I posted something, somewhere, that the cops might try to 'solve' the case by blaming a dead man. At that time the RUMOR was already in play. I just didn't see it until that post. Oh, my, gosh, how smart am I to come up with this idea even before it happened? Whether I was right or it was just a coincidence is somethiing I will probably never know. continued......next post

I tell you that I can make even YOU fit into a crime if I try hard enough. The idea is to get the public and your potential defenders on their side and it is case solved when you make the arrest, or accuse someone that can't defend themselves.

Truth is the DA has a detective in his stable that actually does this on his other job. He put together a competition for young students to be CSI buffs. Wow, just look how many people he could get signed up for his classes on WebSleuths? But I think most of us are out of his age range.

What he does is to create a crime and fills in the clues. Not hard to solve a crime when you make the crime up. Kids go out with CSI equipment and are in competition with each other. Hey, if it works in make-believe land why not in real life?

The press release was short of a total exoneration. The press release still 'quoted' LE sources saying these were rumors. Even at this stage of the proceedings they are still quoting 'unnamed sources.' Why wouldn't a responsible person put their name on it?

continued.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member