Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be surprised if the siblings revert back to "Clay" by deed poll after this episode ... Gotta feel sorry for those indirectly involved

...and move back to Sth Africa or perhaps interstate.

I do believe that it was supposed to be made look like suicide from the get go. That's why Allison was left in the open like that. She was expected to be found, and people would assume she went for a walk and ended up jumping. That's what people were supposed to believe. But when the police turned up they knew that wasn't right. For whatever reason. I don't think the killer/s expected it to go this way. I'm sure that the individual/s are *advertiser censored* themselves :jail:

Hi all

First time poster here. Been reading since thread one.

Re - the car that had the accident -

The car that had the accident at Indroo has 7 spokes in the wheel. The one parked outside the office of Century 21 has 10 spokes in the wheel.

Same colour and make of car though I think.

G

This is the car I was talking about, has the right amount of spokes:
ziqh35.jpg

Just to clear this up. If a policy holder is deceased under abnormal circumstances, the insurer will not pay out on the policy until such time as they have clarity over the circumstances. If it turns out that the primary beneficiary is convicted of a crime, then they are unable to make a claim on the policy. This came about some years ago as a result of the "proceeds of crimes act".
I hope this helps.

This is not the name of the relevant statute and the actual statute does not operate in that way. The law you refer to deals with confiscating property which is suspected to have been paid for with crime proceeds, it does not deal with insurance claims. The insurance policy will normally only be voided where the insured was fraudulent. A court will usually have to decide whether the insurer must pay the estate of a deceased. A person convicted of their murder will not be able to inherit, but other beneficiaries often can. If there is a manslaughter conviction only, then there is a chance for a convicted person to collect, especially if the conviction is based on negligence. It would be interesting to know the details of Mrs Baden Clay's will and to see any previous versions. Investigators will have these by now.

It looks to me like the car on the street is a Mazda CX7 whereas the car that was crashed was a Honda CRV.

It maybe worth keeping in mind....google street view images are from back in 2009...

On lower edge...."Image Date: December 2009"

Reverting or changing their name by deed poll to "Smith" or "Jones" might be a better option.

There was an insurance payout for my ex when he died of natural causes. A large percentage has gone in to trust for our son when he turns 18. However a payment is made to me as his primary carer as a contribution towards his daily needs. This will likely be similar to why will happen for the Baden-Clay girls, with regards to any money that may go towards them through insurance or from a will (if she had one).

Well tomorrow is the big day. By this time tomorrow we will know who has been arrested I'm sure. After the funeral the cuffs will be on. They will wait until after the goodbyes. The girls will be the priority. Psychologically it's better (if anything can be better in this sordid tale) for them to have the support of their father throughout tomorrow.

However if GBC is arrested due to evidence it could also be argued that it's better for the children to not have the memory of their father grieving at the funeral etc etc...

It will be a telling day. Incredibly difficult for her children, parents and friends. Difficult also for the guilty party...

Ooops I think I need to go back to lurking tonight. Big day has meant that my brain has a dumb. Move along. There's nothing to see here ;)

Ally...Sounds the same as two teenage boys I know who, firstly lost their dad to cancer, then lost their mum after she fell off a roof (whilst gutter cleaning). There is a trust set up and there are some adults who oversee some money that gets released monthly....ie, they have kept their moms mortgage (which has amazed us...) and they get allocated monies to spend for living....and the overseers, ensure the house is maintained....(hubby used to do the gardens/gutter cleaning/handyman work etc) and we were paid from this trust.

Ally...Sounds the same as two teenage boys I know who, firstly lost their dad to cancer, then lost their mum after she fell off a roof (whilst gutter cleaning). There is a trust set up and there are some adults who oversee some money that gets released monthly....ie, they have kept their moms mortgage (which has amazed us...) and they get allocated monies to spend for living....and the overseers, ensure the house is maintained....(hubby used to do the gardens/gutter cleaning/handyman work etc) and we were paid from this trust.
Oh wow. Those poor kids. So glad to hear that they have been able to keep things together. I'm sure that the BC girls will too. Especially if the Dickies have any say in it :)

It seems something is up! This from Spencer Howson (breakfast radio host in Brisbane) on twitter:

"Police are doing something tonight that they've asked us not to tell you about (till the morning). I'll be able to fill you in at 5.05am"

https://twitter.com/#!/SpencerHowson

Wouldn't it be wonderful if it were an arrest for Allison's murder.

I do believe that it was supposed to be made look like suicide from the get go. That's why Allison was left in the open like that. She was expected to be found, and people would assume she went for a walk and ended up jumping. That's what people were supposed to believe. But when the police turned up they knew that wasn't right. For whatever reason. I don't think the killer/s expected it to go this way. I'm sure that the individual/s are *advertiser censored* themselves :jail:

I don't think the killer expected any of this to be honest. From the helicopters in the air on the first weekend and onwards, all of the searching, the grief, the outrage and support of the community and further afield, to Allison's funeral being televised tomorrow so everyone can pay their respects - the killer would never have expected this kind of reaction and response. Allison's precious life will not be overlooked and she will not be forgotten.

First post - following since Thread 1, by any means I can! Sleep deprived, and waiting for the day I read 'Gotcha'

You guys are amazing! I have been horrified at the cold indifference of certain people as to what has happened to Allison ' business as usual'. IMO it isn't normal and you have shown so much compassion, and you truly care about justice for Allison, her parents and daughters. You have restored my faith that there are decent human beings that way outnumber the spineless cowards like the one that took Allisons life, and discarded her like rubbish. 'He who must not be named' - and I don't mean Voldemort!!!!

JES72 - great work on the timeline! saves going back through all the threads. And I have loved the posts that have put a smile on my face in such a sad time.

And to Kimster and the Mods - thanks for giving us enough rope to have our say but not hang ourselves - you rock!

It seems something is up! This from Spencer Howson (breakfast radio host in Brisbane) on twitter:

"Police are doing something tonight that they've asked us not to tell you about (till the morning). I'll be able to fill you in at 5.05am"

https://twitter.com/#!/SpencerHowson

Wouldn't it be wonderful if it were an arrest for Allison's murder.

:-o omg. Here's hoping. Feel like getting up at 5am!

Any links to the various tv reports today especially channel 10???????

There was a little bit on the channel 10 news tonight but i'm waiting for it to go on the website. I have been to a few other pages today and apparently someone is getting arrested in the next couple of days. I can't see anything about that in any of the news/police reports so i'm not going to say that as a fact. The only other new thing i seen today while searching was a report about the funeral and in that report it says MOURNERS will farewell Allison Baden-Clay on Friday as police hunt for the person who killed the Brisbane mother of three. If the police are going to hunt for the killer/killers i'm pretty sure (in my opinion) that they mustn't be referring to GBC because they wouldn't have to hunt for him they know where he is??? I did already put the link to that report but it's probably a few pages back. As soon as i see the one on channel 10 site i will put it on here :)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/br...-ahead-on-friday/story-e6frf7jx-1226352347698

I don't have a link, but someone has already posted that Nigelaine changed their name from Clay to Baden-Clay by deed poll shortly after they were married. :shrug:
Not soon after marriage as all 3 kids born CLAY. GBC born 1970 but brother born as CLAY in late 1975 so name change after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288