Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not friggin start me. The objectification of women is a vestigial sociological imperative that is well past its use-by-date. Women have been commodities in the physical, emotional and spiritual sense for many thousands of years. Very few people really appreciate the depth to which these subservient roles are ingrained. Violence towards women is still at epidemic levels in our community and this violence is not specific to any demographic. The levels of child sex abuse, especially against girls is a national disgrace. Emotional violence and intimidation starts from a very young age and many, many men humiliate their wives and female relatives without any sense that they are doing so. Any man who thinks that Australia is a society which has turned the corner and which provides equal expectations and opportunities for women should experience life from a woman's perspective for a while. Boys need to be exposed to male role models who treat women as human beings, not as some other species who they should look after and 'respect'. Respect is a human right, not a right that you get by being a woman. Women are not furniture, they are not fashion accessories, they are not property, they are not investments. They are not cute things that you have a duty to look after like a pet. Violence against, and the objectification of, women is a deep social problem that is only vaguely recognised and addressed despite ridiculous claims that women are now somehow mostly 'equal'. If Mrs Baden Clay has died as the result of domestic or partner violence then hopefully the result will be something more than a shallow sense of satisfaction that her 'killer' is broughtto justice. All men need to look at their own hearts and their own values and ask what their potential is to act in the same way as her killer(s). We should all look at her death and ask how we collectively failed her and what we can do to empower our daughters to ensure that they do not suffer a similar fate. I am a man.

4 words : Will you marry me?

Heck....Just remembered Im already married.....DARN!!!! lol Excellent post :)

Hello everyone...this is my maiden voyage on this site.
I think that Allison did go for a walk (I, at times walk late at night)...maybe just to chill out after an argument, or needed time to think. I presume that she did a circuit...but because it was so late, she decided to bypass her usual around the Showground and go down Boscombe Road, into Rafting Ground Road...then bypassed her usual turnoff at Greentrees Avenue and made the terrible mistake of going to the turnoff at Rees Way to cross Creekside Park....where everyone heard the screams. I think someone was watching her and couldn't believe their luck that she was walking so late on a Thursday night. They've seen her when many cars and people were around....but never this late! I reckon someone (not the husband - he would have turned off the mobile) stalked her and she did not notice until her plight which was at the park!! The person would have to have their car or property nearby.
If the screams are from teenagers mucking around....then I fear that Alison was run over by someone who has a previous DUI. They live somewhere near where she was walking....the body was then dumped the next day when the person took the Mt Crosby Road to work! I reckon that Allison was dumped into Little Ugly Creek, Wirrabara Road that runs into Kholo River at the overpass. The Little Ugly Creek is not as swift as Kholo Creek...hence Allison's body being pushed under the bridge when she came out from Little Ugly Creek.
The police should have checked drivers on the Rafting Ground Road turnoff from Moggil Road.....not the Moggil Road/Kenmore roundabout....because I reckon the perpetrator works towards Ipswich way!!!
Allison had her clothes on which means that it was not a sexually motivated crime.....unless the police have not told us something and are withholding information so as not to strike fear into the local Pullenvale/Brookfield population.
I really do hope that the police read this and not be so arrogant to dismiss it!!!!!!!
Wow .... That's out there! But who am I to know otherwise. However, if this was the case, I'm pretty confident that the police wold have made public appeals seeking evidence supporting such a theory.

Thanks for your different take on things 543. Are there any particular reasons why you have come to that sort of theory as opposed to another?

I think that Allison did go for a walk (I, at times walk late at night)...maybe just to chill out after an argument, or needed time to think. I presume that she did a circuit...but because it was so late, she decided to bypass her usual around the Showground and go down Boscombe Road, into Rafting Ground Road...then bypassed her usual turnoff at Greentrees Avenue and made the terrible mistake of going to the turnoff at Rees Way to cross Creekside Park....where everyone heard the screams. I think someone was watching her and couldn't believe their luck that she was walking so late on a Thursday night. They've seen her when many cars and people were around....but never this late! I reckon someone (not the husband - he would have turned off the mobile) stalked her and she did not notice until her plight which was at the park!! The person would have to have their car or property nearby.
If the screams are from teenagers mucking around....then I fear that Alison was run over by someone who has a previous DUI. They live somewhere near where she was walking....the body was then dumped the next day when the person took the Mt Crosby Road to work! I reckon that Allison was dumped into Little Ugly Creek, Wirrabara Road that runs into Kholo River at the overpass. The Little Ugly Creek is not as swift as Kholo Creek...hence Allison's body being pushed under the bridge when she came out from Little Ugly Creek.
The police should have checked drivers on the Rafting Ground Road turnoff from Moggil Road.....not the Moggil Road/Kenmore roundabout....because I reckon the perpetrator works towards Ipswich way!!!
Allison had her clothes on which means that it was not a sexually motivated crime.....unless the police have not told us something and are withholding information so as not to strike fear into the local Pullenvale/Brookfield population.
I really do hope that the police read this and not be so arrogant to dismiss it!!!!!!!

You seem to know the area well. To your knowledge, has any other woman been followed by a stranger in that area in the past? Or, if it was a hit and run, why not just leave her on the street, like all other hit and run that I know of?

Hi 543,

Welcome! Could you please clarify - I am just a little confused. Is your theory that the stalker that couldn't believe his luck, murdered Allison , or was she run over by the driver that had a previous DUI?

Cheers!

In the absence of any new theories or evidence today/tonight ..... What do you think the title of a Baden-Clay tele-movie may be called?

Bad Deed

(I used to be a brownie and at our weekly meetings we used to have to tell the group what our good deed was for the week, and everyone would vote for the best deed)

Do not friggin start me. The objectification of women is a vestigial sociological imperative that is well past its use-by-date. Women have been commodities in the physical, emotional and spiritual sense for many thousands of years. Very few people really appreciate the depth to which these subservient roles are ingrained. Violence towards women is still at epidemic levels in our community and this violence is not specific to any demographic. The levels of child sex abuse, especially against girls is a national disgrace. Emotional violence and intimidation starts from a very young age and many, many men humiliate their wives and female relatives without any sense that they are doing so. Any man who thinks that Australia is a society which has turned the corner and which provides equal expectations and opportunities for women should experience life from a woman's perspective for a while. Boys need to be exposed to male role models who treat women as human beings, not as some other species who they should look after and 'respect'. Respect is a human right, not a right that you get by being a woman. Women are not furniture, they are not fashion accessories, they are not property, they are not investments. They are not cute things that you have a duty to look after like a pet. Violence against, and the objectification of, women is a deep social problem that is only vaguely recognised and addressed despite ridiculous claims that women are now somehow mostly 'equal'. If Mrs Baden Clay has died as the result of domestic or partner violence then hopefully the result will be something more than a shallow sense of satisfaction that her 'killer' is broughtto justice. All men need to look at their own hearts and their own values and ask what their potential is to act in the same way as her killer(s). We should all look at her death and ask how we collectively failed her and what we can do to empower our daughters to ensure that they do not suffer a similar fate. I am a man.

Top of the class.:goodpost:

4 words : Will you marry me?

Heck....Just remembered Im already married.....DARN!!!! lol Excellent post :)

Hey, I'm married and my husband would be prepared to strangle me! I think I made the wrong choice!

Bad Deed

(I used to be a brownie and at our weekly meetings we used to have to tell the group what our good deed was for the week, and everyone would vote for the best deed)

Theme song similar to Batman..... Bwana nana nana nana Bwana nana nana nana Bad Deeeeeed!

ouch Morph- I work very (beep) hard thanks. This is how I choose to spend some of the little spare time I have...gleaning ideas, listening to other points of view from lovely people such as yourself.

@543 would love to think you are right, so as those beautiful girls have a loving parent to take care of them and prove the majority of us here wrong with our suspicions

Oh rofl, you're so hilarious.

I'm popping in briefly ... very busy day at work. You know <work>, the 8 - 12 hour average day you put in and get paid for it.

Oh wait, none of you work. Rightio.

You're right. We are happy enjoying retirement after working for 43 years! ... or we may have had a little windfall in OZ Lotto!

ouch Morph- I work very (beep) hard thanks. This is how I choose to spend some of the little spare time I have...gleaning ideas, listening to other points of view from lovely people such as yourself.

LOL

good idea. Maybe if we all pretend Morph cut us to the quick and all have a bit of a moan and an ouch, Morph will be fed for the night and move on to try to wound others

Oh rofl, you're so hilarious.

I'm popping in briefly ... very busy day at work. You know <work>, the 8 - 12 hour average day you put in and get paid for it.

Oh wait, none of you work. Rightio.

Thank you!

I study full time AND work, AND enjoy this forum as well. I'm pretty good at multi tasking, typical woman :)

You're right. We are happy enjoying retirement after working for 43 years! ... or we may have had a little windfall in OZ Lotto!

Let's make it both. That's enough to send Morph into plebian screams of agony and gnashing of fangs, lol

You got me again 543!

You are Maverick.au / Keyboredom - logging on as 543! You get me everytime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288