The PayPal Defense Fund

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a SIMPLY A Sample, based on what happened at the bond hearing, of the type of questions that I think this prosecutor needs to ask and the manner in which to approach any questioning, on any subject, with this defendant and his family and friends.

This is not about the money and the bond hearing it is merely an example of how to get more detailed answers.

--also, at the bond hearing, the martin family finances were entirely irrelevant, ANY and ALL money the zimmerman's had access to--was.

Doesn't appear the judge believed it to be a big deal at all.
Zimmerman collected a large amount of money in a short period of time.
He was sitting in jail when the bond hearing was.
I don't think he was checking his paypal balance from jail.
He had other people out there checking it for him I bet. It was more money coming in then they had ever seen in there lives. IMO

He had other people out there checking it for him I bet. It was more money coming in then they had ever seen in there lives. IMO

If judge doesn't think it's a bid deal why should I? They might have been shocked by how much money they collected, and very short after collecting it the amount was revealed to the judge. Obviously is not a big deal since last I heard Zimmerman is still out on bond.

Should people want detailed information from TM's family about how those donations are being used? Will there be full transparency?

OMG!!!!!!!!!
I am not talking about the accounts so much as talking about how to get full and honest answers to questions.

But to answer your question:
If the TM foundation was established as a charitable organization and got the necessary federal paperwork and identification, then they are already required to give detailed accounting.

GZ's new account apparently is not a charitable foundation under the same laws and may not require the same detailed accounting.

I don't care how either of them spend their monies but if they are asked in a court of law about their finances or anything else then I expect all parties to answer honestly and completely.

Now, back to my point. This prosecutor must ask detailed questions of the defense witnesses just as M O'M did of DG. Otherwise, IMO, IMO, IMO,
he is not going to get complete answers.

Now, I am done with this line of questioning :)

Mr. Zimmerman allowed his spokesperson to get up there and say he only had a few thousand dollars.

It is beyond belief that neither George, his wife, or his dad knew George had 200k sitting in that account.

You know full well they were keeping track of the money something like this: Oh wow we have 10 k in the account, oh wow we have 25k in the account, oh my we have 50k, 100k, 125k, 175k, 200k wow oh wow.

Nobody has money like that coming in and does not know it. ALL IMO

I can't say that. All I know is that the brother was in charge of it. Do you have any proof that shows he was aware of how much he had?

Edit: Also, are you implying that Mr. O'Mara lied about it? I'd find that to be even more ridiculous than Mr. Zimmerman knowing about it. If Mr. O'Mara knew about it and lied his whole life (life style, career, everything) is on the line - it doesn't make sense.

I can't say that. All I know is that the brother was in charge of it. Do you have any proof that shows he was aware of how much he had?

Edit: Also, are you implying that Mr. O'Mara lied about it? I'd find that to be even more ridiculous than Mr. Zimmerman knowing about it. If Mr. O'Mara knew about it and lied his whole life (life style, career, everything) is on the line - it doesn't make sense.

It doesn't matter who knew, someone knew and they all denied it and the prosecutor just let it slide. He should have called a recess until someone actually, in front of a representative of the court, accessed the ACCOUNTS (there were at least two) and got an accurate accounting. They based his bond on the family's availability to funds within the family. They all portended to have no knowledge and BD dropped the ball.

He can't do this again...especially not with this defendant and/or this family.

Are you requiring equal supervision and public knowledge of all funds donated to the TM Foundation and how they are spent? Shall we examine Martin family expenses?

Because that would be fair. Those donors need to know how their donations are being used andd if they approve of that use.

Actually, I don't care about either...but if we demand one accounting...then if we are unbiased and interested only in fairness, it cuts both ways.

What does that have to do with GZs paypal account? No, it doesn't cut both ways because the Martins don't need a defense fund. The Martins aren't under suspicion of doing anything wrong and weren't arrested on charges of 2nd degree murder. That was a pretty cheap shot at the Martins.

Should people want detailed information from TM's family about how those donations are being used? Will there be full transparency?

The funds are for very different purposes. Totally unrelated to each other and can't be compared to each other.

I just realized that we and our post got moved...I was in the Witness thread.
This whole topic started as it related to witness statements. The Zimmerman family have been witnesses under oath so that is what we were talking about witnesses answering questions honestly and completely. I had no intentions of posting in this Paypal thread.

This whole Topic Started Here:[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7941455#post7941455"]Witness accounts - Page 21 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] post number 516

Doesn't appear the judge believed it to be a big deal at all.
Zimmerman collected a large amount of money in a short period of time.
He was sitting in jail when the bond hearing was.
I don't think he was checking his paypal balance from jail.

After having gone to the trouble of setting up a website and a paypal account, I find very unlikely that GZ didn't know to the penny exactly how much was in that account. A former attorney stated that GZ was very involved in his defense of that case and asked a lot of questions. I see someone very much in control of everything about this case.

After having gone to the trouble of setting up a website and a paypal account, I find very unlikely that GZ didn't know to the penny exactly how much was in that account. A former attorney stated that GZ was very involved in his defense of that case and asked a lot of questions. I see someone very much in control of everything about this case.

While it might be so, I don't believe jails allow internet access.

It doesn't matter who knew, someone knew and they all denied it and the prosecutor just let it slide. He should have called a recess until someone actually, in front of a representative of the court, accessed the ACCOUNTS (there were at least two) and got an accurate accounting. They based his bond on the family's availability to funds within the family. They all portended to have no knowledge and BD dropped the ball.

He can't do this again...especially not with this defendant and/or this family.

--in di le rionda's defense----once shellieZ said that her brother-in-law would know and that she could 'probably get him on the phone...'

--all of the other Z's were at "a house" somewhere, with a notary that was swearing them in, in person. verifying that they were who they said they were----it wouldn't have worked to 'swear in' an anonymous voice on the phone who claimed to be robZ Jr..

--how fortunate for the Z's that omara didn't have robZ Jr present w/ the rest to be notarized and questioned.

While it might be so, I don't believe jails allow internet access.

He wouldn't have had to use the internet himself. Why would you assume he was the only one checking on it?

PHONE CARDS.
PAYPAL HAS PHONE ACCOUNTING
MESSAGES VIA WATCHING TV
FT"S INTERVIEWS Where he states there's 200, 204 in the account. My guess, GZ knew it was 200-204 THOUSAND as OPPOSED to HUNDREDS. I'd put money on it that GZ was watching every news story and interview that he could.

What does that have to do with GZs paypal account? No, it doesn't cut both ways because the Martins don't need a defense fund. The Martins aren't under suspicion of doing anything wrong and weren't arrested on charges of 2nd degree murder. That was a pretty cheap shot at the Martins.

Not intended as a cheap shot...only inquiring if there is a double standard here. Whether they were arested or not....like GZ's fund...people are donating with expectations that the money will be used in specific ways.

The Martins look like fine people, as do the Zimmermanns.

Not intended as a cheap shot...only inquiring if there is a double standard here. Whether they were arested or not....like GZ's fund...people are donating with expectations that the money will be used in specific ways.

The Martins look like fine people, as do the Zimmermanns.

The Martins have set up a foundation, an approved charitable foundation, that by its very nature requires accountability.

GZ set up a paypal account to give supporters a way to donate to his defense fund. It does not have a standing as a charitable organization.

See the difference? How about we drop the attempt at comparisons because there are none.

The Martins have set up a foundation, an approved charitable foundation, that by its very nature requires accountability.

GZ set up a paypal account to give supporters a way to donate to his defense fund. It does not have a standing as a charitable organization.

See the difference? How about we drop the attempt at comparisons because there are none.

My point is when we point fingers expect others to point back. I have no problem with the Foundation. I understand they have quit their jobs and will now travel and speak and be supported by the Foundation. Very commendable.

But in a case like this...expect that attempts to go beyond the facts of the trial...into things like this PayPal situation...will cause others to look closely in return.

I'm not saying there will be anything to find. I wish the Family well and hope their new speaking careers do well and are profitable. I understand they will speak against SYG laws.

But I wish we could just concentrate on the case instead of tangential issues. Too much piling on IMO.

I also wish GZ receives all the money he needs for the best defense possible. He will need after the media smearing he has received.

My point is when we point fingers expect others to point back. I have no problem with the Foundation. I understand they have quit their jobs and will now travel and speak and be supported by the Foundation. Very commendable.

But in a case like this...expect that attempts to go beyond the facts of the trial...into things like this PayPal situation...will cause others to look closely in return.

I'm not saying there will be anything to find. I wish the Family well and hope their new speaking careers do well and are profitable. I understand they will speak against SYG laws.

But I wish we could just concentrate on the case instead of tangential issues. Too much piling on IMO.

I also wish GZ receives all the money he needs for the best defense possible. He will need after the media smearing he has received.

BBM

This is the Paypal account thread of Zimmerman's.

We were talking about that Paypal account and you keep wanting to talk about the Martins.

I was talking about the PayPal acct. My point is that if you start to focus on criticizing and pointing fingers at every last detail about GZ and his family, you must expect that the same sscrutiny will be given to all the ways that the TM Foundation money is also spent and reported.

I don't want to "talk" about anything else concerning their Founation at this time...other than that comment.

I certainly do not begrudge GZ the money for his defense. I hope he receives all he needs for the best defense possible. He has been the victim of a character assassination...every word from anyone associated with him is parsed and made to look evil. It is just aa constant onslaught and has become so petty, virulent and over the top...that I hope his PayPal acct meets his every need and more.
The man is entitled to an excellent defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288