LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been around long enough to know that even us more experienced sleuthers (if I can call myself that) often find ourselves beating things to death & going in circles. :banghead:
I do think there are certain basics that folks should familiarize themselves with before posting...for example...a great tool is to always read the first post of each thread...and the links there...then read the last post...and read a few pages back...sometimes I find myself reading entire threads backwards...:blushing:I don't want anyone to feel unwelcome posting their questions here...the more interest then the more brainstorming! These threads are moving so quickly it is hard to even ask questions that haven't been answered somewhere.
JMO

:welcome2:

LOL, I thought I was the only one!!!!

yeah it hit me like say someone theft a purse, they live on A street, but they go all the way to M street to throw away the purse, but where the purse was taken the wallet will be. Something like that.

Unless they wanted something to keep the money in for a bit longer. In that case they might eventually toss the wallet elsewhere. Both possibilties are disturbing.

You guys are all doing such an amazing job. I enjoy this thread very much. It has opened my mind to so many new possibilities. I do, however, feel that a few folks might need to take a little break. It seems as though there are really random things being thrown out there with absolutely no fact behind them. It's very easy to get caught up and just start rambling off possibilities, but I think that this confuses everyone. I've noticed that some posters have been posting continuously for almost 20 hours. This can't be good. We all need a break now and then. I know I had to take one because my brain was about to explode. Keep up the good work and let's stay focused for Mickey's sake.

:moo::moo::moo:

Yeah, I am wondering--some of the more regular posters must not be currently working? I mean, I am not, and have spent TOO many hours stuck on here, neglecting housework b/c of it, and at some point I do have to sleep, and when I wake up I have 20+ pages to catch up on? Do you people NEVER sleep? LOL I know we all have different schedules, and lots of night owls.

I asked this question very late last night and only Slowlybutshelly appeared to addresss it.

Regarding the photo of "Bed Cover" truck going north on University Ave, the police release said:

"The first truck drove from the area that Mickey had traveled. It is evident from the new photo that the vehicle has a bed cover and tinted windows".

From the area that Mickey "had travelled". This seems like an odd way to describe a vehicle approaching the intersection from the St Landry street side of the intersection. I would interpret this as coming from St. John like Mickey did.

Anybody else confused by this?

Chicken fried, there is one camera on the left side of the building that looks over the employee parking lot. I looked into the thing like I said and saw where it was pointing. given the quality of the pic of Mickey and knowing where that camera is that took that picture, I believe that the camera on the side closest to st Landry could possibly be pointed in a way that it could cover part of saint Landry St. If it does it would be covering the area between the two cameras that we know about and have pics from.

I'll go down and look to see if there's any reason why it wouldn't be able to see the street when it stops raining. I'm sure LE looked at this camera though and probably saw nothing.

Does any camera cover the parking lot back to Azalea? Key point...

Yeah, I am wondering--some of the more regular posters must not be currently working? I mean, I am not, and have spent TOO many hours stuck on here, neglecting housework b/c of it, and at some point I do have to sleep, and when I wake up I have 20+ pages to catch up on? Do you people NEVER sleep? LOL I know we all have different schedules, and lots of night owls.

I'm a stay at home mom...sleep is a myth. :p Guess it helps that I'm a speed reader LOL

In the last image of MS, I do not see her slowing down or resting or shifting her gaze in anticipation of a turn. If anything, I think she was looking ahead directly and fixed on a truck ahead 'that had just gone ahead of her at the intersection'. It is the first image of her on versailles, that I see possibly her feet on the ground and her looking elsewhere (to the left and possibly at a dark car at the bank on the left - that person in that image could have distracted her a bit); she seems slowed and distracted in the first image to me.

I am also a cyclist and have ridden across America; I am sorry you were hit.

Thanks, I was hit 32 years ago, and have ridden heavily as a road cyclist ever since. As a cross country rider you truly understand that no amount of preparation or experience can keep us safe from a disrespectful or unsafe driver.

I guess as cyclists we could argue all day about her stance on the bike, if she was tired or not, etc. The wonderful thing is we are entitled to our opinions, and feel passionate about her safe return. The simple fact is, it does not bring her home, and if we are not LE in Acadiana it does not help at all.

Unless they wanted something to keep the money in for a bit longer. In that case they might eventually toss the wallet elsewhere. Both possibilties are disturbing.
my point being that the wallet and the purse would not be together.

I asked this question very late last night and only Slowlybutshelly appeared to addresss it.

Regarding the photo of "Bed Cover" truck going north on University Ave, the police release said:

"The first truck drove from the area that Mickey had traveled. It is evident from the new photo that the vehicle has a bed cover and tinted windows".

From the area that Mickey "had travelled". This seems like an odd way to describe a vehicle approaching the intersection from the St Landry street side of the intersection. I would interpret this as coming from St. John like Mickey did.

I so wanted to talk with you about this last night but I was too sick to my stomach over the possibility of them finding her body that I just couldn't process anything additional.

I think there's a few reasons it could be worded that way but the one off the top of my head is that they think that truck drove up St. Landry after Mickey passed by.

lol. I made those videos with bayoubecky. I have not looked at anything past #1 yet.

is this something that can be easily looked in to as i would hate to take up your or anyone else's time on a "wild goose chase"?

Does any camera cover the parking lot back to Azalea? Key point...

Yes. It doesn't cover the exit, but to get to the exit you would have to pass the camera's view at some point. If she got on azalea through that parking lot the camera would have picked her up

The police are saying that the "bed-cover" truck came from the east, got to St. Landry, and turned left on University.

Mickey had traveled that way for some indeterminate distance, as evidenced by her appearance on the Circle K photo. it's inaccurate Cajun speech, I think, throwing you.

That's Cajun for " the direction that Mickey was going."

Our speech patterns can me annoying.

MOO

No, LE has not named anyone a POI. We have no idea if the driver of the z71 is responsible for harming Mickey or even if the driver saw Mickey or witnessed anything important.

I agree with you about the LaMar and Koenig cases and I would add Sherry Arnold to that list. LE was working diligently behind the scenes on Sherry's case and when the charging documents were finally released it was pretty shocking how much evidence and information LE had been keeping under wraps.

I have a friend that is former law enforcement. He assured me that they know a
LOT more than they are telling us.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/05/st_tammany_authorities_to_disc.html

how far away driving-wise is the MS case as compared to where this woman was found? i was looking for info on the missing picayune girl someone mentioned when i came across this lady.

edit : nvm, it appears they arrested someone already
Ok This scares the living daylights out of me. My immediate family bounces between these areas all the time. I-12 in covington is not two hrs (at worst) in heavy traffic between MS disappearance and this girl. what is the time frame difference between the two happenings? so sad...

In the last image of MS, I do not see her slowing down or resting or shifting her gaze in anticipation of a turn. If anything, I think she was looking ahead directly and fixed on a truck ahead 'that had just gone ahead of her at the intersection'. It is the first image of her on versailles, that I see possibly her feet on the ground and her looking elsewhere (to the left and possibly at a dark car at the bank on the left - that person in that image could have distracted her a bit); she seems slowed and distracted in the first image to me.

I am also a cyclist and have ridden across America; I am sorry you were hit.

Thanks, I was hit 32 years ago, and have ridden heavily as a road cyclist ever since. As a cross country rider you truly understand that no amount of preparation or experience can keep us safe from a disrespectful or unsafe driver.

I guess as cyclists we could argue all day about her stance on the bike, if she was tired or not, etc. The wonderful thing is we are entitled to our opinions, and feel passionate about her safe return. The simple fact is, it does not bring her home, and if we are not LE in Acadiana it does not help at all.

She would not be looking for a turn. Any possible turns were still a ways ahead.

The correct direction for Mickey to be looking would be straight ahead at that point, anticipated turn, regardless.

Rain just hitting now.

Hard, hard rain.

There goes the evidence

BYE-BYE!

They had a lot of time to get it... hope they did. Especially with dogs. their window has closed. This rain will wash any scent away.

I have a friend that is former law enforcement. He assured me that they know a
LOT more than they are telling us.

Obviously. They wouldn't have gone out to WB in the dead of night just to have a picnic. And they aren't telling us publicly, but there do appear to be some leaks that are becoming public knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong