AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the media have done anything - we have said and done a lot worse in here than the media has done. I think the media has been very gentle with this family.

Depends if you call NG and JVM "media."

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

oh no need. i have it. thank you anwyay... but i said "statements" plural. yes, she gave a thank-you in their initial on-camera appearance. but the community of tucson (and LE) have gone far far beyond the call of duty with their generosity and time...IMO. so the family should go far far beyond in thanking them. IMO.

What would you have them do at this point in time?

yes, we all bathe our children differently...but do any of us store a moldy/bloody/rusty shower curtain in our driveway klunker under 100 degree heat? ew.

for all the dog owners (i am not one)...is there any possibility that the C's dogs themselves, obviously unknowingly, compromised evidence? such as, licking up fluids/spills...lapping at the window sill (a scent one of the k-9's 'hit' on?), stirring up dirt thereby hiding footprints...? what i'm asking is if the very presence of their own dogs somehow distracted or alerted the scent-sniffers. i really don't know, it's a naive question. TIA.

I had never thought of that. I cannot imagine what their dogs did, but my dogs would at the very least explore or investigate any evidence of a stranger in my home, or even anyone who visits but does not live there. If the dogs come in from outside and someone, even my son, has been in the house they go crazy sniffing and generally just "nosing around" where anyone has been. My dogs would probably destroy evidence. Lol. I hate to think about any evidence outside. Yesterday the UPS guy delivered a package, and when I walked my male on a leash a short while later, as soon as we went out the door he dragged me to his trail , or whatever he thought it was, and thoroughly investigated. He sniffed, dug at the ground, and even started to mark it in his way. I stopped him cause it was close to the house. I don't think that is normal for most dogs, but it is normal for him. IIRC they had two small dogs, but I am not sure of the third one. I have a breed that is a guard dog, and as far as THIS breed goes they are actually bred to alert on anything that is strange, different, out of the norm, or that they just think is suspicious. They go crazy if they cannot check something out. I know all breeds, and even dogs, are different, but I shudder when I think of what mine would probably do to evidence!

Ah yes...Ms Nurse's needle, :what: a great form of behavior modification! Talk about fear..:hills:.

:innocent:

So true, if they can run around together everyday, they can stop for two seconds to talk to a camera that's probably following them around. They can say, "I love you Isabel, we're doing everything we can to get you back." Since they've not talked in public for awhile now, not sure if they've went back to work, but there are the donations, maybe they won't have to go back to work for awhile. I wonder why they drop by the volunteer center everyday, but I guess that's where donations are received and sent to now. JMO I don't think what's best is to do nothing at all, just saying...

I agree. If a camera is thrown in your face then say we love you Isabel! But no we get the "the family is not talking to the media today". so weird.

According to statistics, about 115 children are victims of stranger abductions every year. That number does not include only known stranger abductions. Kyron's case is unsolved, and although LE and his parents has made it pretty clear that his stepmom is the main suspect, he is still listed as a stranger abduction.

I think the statistics are bull too if they are including Kyron's case.

ETA: It wouldn't surprise me if Caylee is listed as a "stranger abduction" of 2008 because Casey was acquitted.

I dont believe in statistics. They are grossly flawed and imo skewed on purpose to make the public feel safer while thinking children are more often abducted by a parent and never seen again rather than by a stranger.

Now of course more children are abducted by parents due to custody/divorce issues with the one not having custody abducting the child or children and the vast majority of those children are found and returned to the rightful parent. If we believe the stats then about 400 bio parents (both fathers and mothers almost equally) murder their children each year.

BUT the problem with statistics is until the child is found dead or alive and the true perpretrator caught... they are not included in the satistical analysis because their whereabout are unknown and who abducted them remains unknown also.

For instance in AZ. Jimmy Hendrickson's mom has been waiting 21 years for LE to find out what happened to her little boy and there are so many cases just like his that it is mind boggling.

I no more believe there are just 115 strangers taking children. I think it is way more than that but because they are so good at concealing the bodies and have no verifiable link to the victim they are getting away with it in alarming numbers, imo. I feel they are sitting back laughing their *advertiser censored** off because they know that society is going to immediately assume it was done by a parent. Imo, just like a female takes advantage of society believing sexual abuse is mostly always done by a male. I think they too are getting away with heinous crimes due to the difference in the way each gender is looked at in our society.

I read an article not too long ago and it talked about all the people including children that are actually missing and never found in our country. They called it "Amercia's secret."

respectfully, it is not about them.. it is about their daughter and keeping her face out there.

Mark Klaas repeatedly says the same thing over and over, case after case.

Maybe they have come to the realization that everytime they do speak out it does seem to become more about them than their precious missing daughter.

IMO

And now in defense of Douglas...geez. I have good friends who live there and they are nothing but straight up, honest folk who have raised a couple generations there...they are Anglo and have now mingled with the Hispanics there; as good a folk as the day is long, would not hesitate to leave my child with them.

Just because a family has 'Douglas connections' does not mean they are connected with the cartels..

I just transcribed from video, the prayer that RC read at the Candlelight vigil on May 18, 2012. There was only one part that I couldn't understand one or two words, and there I'll put a **.

"Father, I am totally helpless in this situation. Father, only You can save my daughter. Only You know where she is located at.(sic) Only You, Father, know who this evil, mad predator is and how we can find him. Help the detectives to find...to find my daughter. (Pauses for 5-10 seconds while she composes herself) Father, please, in the name of Jesus Christ, move now to save my daughter's life from this unholy and foul creature. Give her a second chance to live again. Do not let her go home to be with You before it is her time to actually do so. Both myself, my husband, my boys and all of our family members and friends are now standing here before You and asking that you take this assignment of ** to bring my daughter back home quickly, as quickly as you deem possible. My daughter's life is now in Your mighty hands. Let Your Perfect Will now be done on this situation. We ask that You please have mercy on both our daughter and our family and bring her safely back home so we can all be reunited with her. Thank You, Father. Thank You, Jesus, for hearing all of our cries and petitions on this extreme matter. In Jesus' name. Amen."

Before she read it, she indicated that this is the prayer that she and Isa's family have said every night, together, since her disappearance.

Thank you for sharing this, Anita. Becky is a woman of great faith, and it's admirable that she is able to pray so honestly and openly in the midst of others.

OT: For those who followed the Casey Anthony case, I have to share a laffy :D A new red wine was featured at the market today, and I was sure when I read the label that it was Iorny Cabernet Sauvignon :floorlaugh: Of course, it was actually "irony", but I had a good chuckle ;)

Maybe they have come to the realization that everytime they do speak out it does seem to become more about them than their precious missing daughter.

IMO

that wasn't my point...

it shouldn't matter what others think about them... if it gets attention for Isabel (heck they think she was abducted!) it will have done that: gotten attention to the case.

I just do not understand it... and frankly think they are missing a golden opportunity to keep her case out there in the forefront.

I realize we all have different opinions on this.. but this one is mine. I feel very strongly that if this was an abduction they have wasted lots of chances to raise awareness about her case.

And now in defense of Douglas...geez. I have good friends who live there and they are nothing but straight up, honest folk who have raised a couple generations there...they are Anglo and have now mingled with the Hispanics there; as good a folk as the day is long, would not hesitate to leave my child with them.

Just because a family has 'Douglas connections' does not mean they are connected with the cartels..

I'm still pondering "seedy" Tucson. I can't believe you'd actually admit to DOUGLAS connections! ::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Sorry that I'm just now getting to this, Liz B. Friends who have large dogs have what I'd call a "hardpacked" dirt, because of the dog-run. It's not gravely or dirt with a light dust on top, but literally, hardpacked, almost like cement.

From what I've read, no footprints in the back. I did not ever observe behind the fence into the Celis yard, just what I could see of their roof.

Umm, 'kay. But, is there a dog run near to Isabel's window ??

At the same time, just because they don't respond the way we think they should means nothing. They will do what they feel is best, and what WE think is best means nothing in the long run. We aren't in their situation and she is not our child. I easily see both sides but I am not going to critisize them for going one way or the other...I have not walked in their shoes.

Now if one of them is guilty, thats why they aren't out there more. If not, then they have their reasons. It is true that they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

But they are not doing what LE thinks is best...continuing to be public and up front about Isabel.

Umm, 'kay. But, is there a dog run near to Isabel's window ??

I don't know, Liz B. Looking at this image from Googlemaps, the approximate location of Isa's room appears to have less grass than other areas of the yard. It would make sense that the dogs would spend time there. Even in the Google image, one can see that there is more shadow/shade in that part of the yard.

Attachments

• Approximate Isa's room.JPG
    Approximate Isa's room.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 31
I'm still pondering "seedy" Tucson. I can't believe you'd actually admit to DOUGLAS connections! ::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

My Mom was born and raised in Douglas. Her father was in the State Legislature representing Douglas for many years. I spent many of my childhood summers there including at the Lime plant (Paul Spur). It was an awesome place when I was a kid.

But yes... there is some serious drug trafficking in Douglas. Which I alluded to very early on IRT JM.

that wasn't my point...

it shouldn't matter what others think about them... if it gets attention for Isabel (heck they think she was abducted!) it will have done that: gotten attention to the case.

I just do not understand it... and frankly think they are missing a golden opportunity to keep her case out there in the forefront.

I realize we all have different opinions on this.. but this one is mine. I feel very strongly that if this was an abduction they have wasted lots of chances to raise awareness about her case.

Yes, they sure could use the media to help. This isn't really just a local issue MOO. Isabel could literally be anywhere. MOO

IMO, two things they could do that would really help. Hire an attorney,if they have not already done so. MOO

And do a sitdown interview. I would recommend Univision or Telemundo. In this interview they could state, without going into specifics,why SC cannot live with.or have any contact with the remaining two Celis children... MOO The fact that SC is barred from having any contact makes him look guilty. MOO

By doing these two things,SC and RC would be viewed as being both proactive and honest.... Just some thoughts, and JMO

Correcting ... it's the Sonoran Science Academy (a K-12 school)

Teacher 2nd grade is most likely

There is a Broadway campus

What what what what what??? Who are we talking about? That could be very very interesting to me? Please someone let me in on this...

BBM
Thank you for sharing this, Anita. Becky is a woman of great faith, and it's admirable that she is able to pray so honestly and openly in the midst of others.

OT: For those who followed the Casey Anthony case, I have to share a laffy :D A new red wine was featured at the market today, and I was sure when I read the label that it was Iorny Cabernet Sauvignon :floorlaugh: Of course, it was actually "irony", but I had a good chuckle ;)

I followed the CA case, but for the life of me I don't get the "iorny cabernet sauvignon" joke. Since the thread is slow, could you fill me in? :please:

I don't know, Liz B. Looking at this image from Googlemaps, the approximate location of Isa's room appears to have less grass than other areas of the yard. It would make sense that the dogs would spend time there. Even in the Google image, one can see that there is more shadow/shade in that part of the yard.

TY for posting.So, there is some grass in the yard, and no apparent dog run at all ? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288