LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was going fast enough to hit her seconds after the camera captures her alone, he was speeding. I really do doubt she could survive, she would have been knocked out instantly by the impact, and I doubt seriously that she ever woke up. The puzzling thing is no tire marks on the pavement. He would have had to hit the brakes pretty hard on impact. Just instinctively, unless of course he was drunk.

LA

LA

Good point.

I agree that the tire is not in contact with the ground.

Also, sorry if I offended posting another truck edit. Just want Mickey to be found like everyone else!

The thing is, if Mickey is somehow still alive...it won't be searchers who find her anyway, as she would be on private property someplace, under lock and key. Not out in any of the areas where searchers might find her...

If searches still carry on in the woods, fields, etc. that is fine and should be done, but not expecting to find her alive.

JMO

OT:
OMGod you must be a local if you have cracklins as an avatar! now will you please kindly tell everyone who is not local just EXACTLY what a cracklin is and where you get them and how you make them. Just for some local humor.

FYI. I should have made my avatar name HOT DING A WALLA BOO. anyone heard that one? For you non locals, it is what seriously cajun folk say when they do not want to curse in front of little ones by saying HOT D*** (defaming our savior).

I was once in a C-section in the middle of the night (assisting OBGYN) in OHIO when the surgeon said "HOT D*** that was a great surgery" in the Operating Room! I looked at him and said " Hot Dingawallaboo" and he looked at me and said "I have not heard that in a while".

You know you are cajun when.....

What are you on sbs? Just kidding you ~ this cracked me up.
Cracklin Rosie ~ someone from your parts should have that name - lol!

I honestly can't post the pic from our text conversation bc I wouldn't do that to her. If y'all choose to drink the haterade chug it down.

I hope you don't think my post contained any "haterade." I was just pointing out that somebody else in Lafayette had said something different days ago. I don't know you, your friend, or Schmitty, and I'm many miles away so can't go take a look myself.

we have to get over the truck running her over in front of the circle K. if that were the case, there would be a picture of the truck putting her in the car. these are still frames from video, right? the police have the video and would see her and the bike being put in the truck. even if it's not video, the next picture would show the bike and her being put in. right??

Did Mickey often stay out at all hours of the night? If so,I wonder if she was heading to a friends house.But if she would have been heading to a friends house,why hasn't that friend spoken up?What would keep a friend from speaking up? Was she maybe just riding around hoping to meet someone?
Brettly said they like to pick up guys so....?????

That occurred to me but I dismissed it. She wasn't far from the corner. She'd have to be crazy to stop and text in the middle of the lane. I mean, some of the texters I've seen have been pretty oblivious, but stopping in the lane, near a corner someone could tear around to hit her from behind? MS is smarter than that. That would maybe become the dumbest texting death yet, if true.

I thought this as well, and believe me it happens. Perhaps the lack of traffic made her feel secure.

LA

we have to get over the truck running her over in front of the circle K. if that were the case, there would be a picture of the truck putting her in the car. these are still frames from video, right? the police have the video and would see her and the bike being put in the truck. even if it's not video, the next picture would show the bike and her being put in. right??

Her and her bike could have been dragged out of the view of the camera before the truck even stopped. I am curious as to why if these are videos we haven't seen the video.

The thing is, if Mickey is somehow still alive...it won't be searchers who find her anyway, as she would be on private property someplace, under lock and key. Not out in any of the areas where searchers might find her...

If searches still carry on in the woods, fields, etc. that is fine and should be done, but not expecting to find her alive.

JMO

i guess they are just trying to find evidence like a shoe or something. but i still feel like looking in lafayette any further is wasting the time of the volunteers. they need to make the most of their searches since the volunteer numbers are starting to dwindle.

Here is the issue I'm having with letting this picture go. I feel like it just doesn't look like the truck is connecting with the road. It looks un natural to me. I took the white line from the road and created the red line. Then I copied the red line, recolored it, and moved it down to the bottom of the back tire. You can see there is a space between where I THINK the bottom of the front tire should be, and where it actually is.

uUP6r.jpg

I agree with you that it looks strange. And it appears that the trucks brake lights are illuminated.

Did Mickey often stay out at all hours of the night? If so,I wonder if she was heading to a friends house.But if she would have been heading to a friends house,why hasn't that friend spoken up?What would keep a friend from speaking up? Was she maybe just riding around hoping to meet someone?

Brettly said WHO likes to pick up guys?

I totally get that but I'm not one to just post wild rumors willy nilly. If I have something of importance I share it. I'm not trying to start a frenzy I'm a local and I know several people so when I share something it's not handed down threefold.

I'm definitely glad that everybody shares the information they hear!! I wouldn't take it personally though. I don't think anybody thinks you are an unreliable source, I think people just don't know what to believe anymore so it's hard to believe anything.

No, LPD Chief Craft gave no indication where the cypher was observed on a bicycle from "inside a structure" between 1:30AM and 3:30AM.

It is possible that MS would zig-zag from St. Landry through the side streets to Johnston to see if her friends were still at Mel's Diner. She had apparently travelled via Johnston to get to Artmosphere earlier that night.

I'm still wondering about that text she supposedly received before she left BW's house...
aah...I tend to be a cyclist, a motorist that goes one path back and forth. I can easily see MS traveling exactly back the way she came. Except would she stop at an ATM?

Here is another possibility and it is a longshot: I am only thinking of this because of case in the 1980's of a woman being found sexually assualted and spread eagle dead in the Stanford chapel (missing murderer case - forget the womans name but the PERP has not been ever been found).

Is MS Catholic? At our lady of wisdom church on St Mary (and ???) there is an allnight chapel (used to be a baptismal in the 1960's). You can go any time of night; it is always open. There are pillows for people to sit in silence and pray. Would MS have gone there? and met some rif raf that followed her in? Does Our lady of Wisdom Church have cameras surrounding it?

Keep in mind these were still shots extracted from video. LE would know if she had been run over. It would have been stated that a hit-and-run had taken pace, and the type of damage the bike sustained would not be in question. Why are we still looking at these truck photos???

BBM

I have been going over and over this in my head, but this statement illustrates to me that we can't be seeing her being hit (hate to even type that). There would be no question about the cause of the damage, if the evidence was right there on video...

right

no by picking up a guy, i think he meant meeting someone at a party or bar, not riding around on the street.

I think there is something in the road that the truck ran over.... But I also see the same 'something' in the photo of Mickey riding her bike...

I saw that "something" as well and brought it up back when this whole scenario unfolded, but nobody replied. I wondered whether it was Mickey's shadow from the store lights on the road. The lights are brighter on her back left, so the shadow is falling in the correct position.

I'm definitely glad that everybody shares the information they hear!! I wouldn't take it personally though. I don't think anybody thinks you are an unreliable source, I think people just don't know what to believe anymore so it's hard to believe anything.

Amen. I'm starting to doubt myself. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members