Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The word 'acquaintances' intrigues me. I am posting a definition of the word 'acquaintance', below.

ac·quain·tance (-kwntns)
n.
a. Knowledge of a person acquired by a relationship less intimate than friendship.
b. A relationship based on such knowledge: struck up an acquaintance with our new neighbor.
2. A person whom one knows.
3. Knowledge or information about something or someone: has a passing acquaintance with Chinese history.

Does this really fit with a family relative of the 'one who we think did the crime'? More likely to be a business associate or someone not very close, perhaps the owner of the blue car which met an unfortunate end at the bus station? Very intriguing.

On another note, I believe that Allison was left where she was found and not seen until the canoeist came along. She would only have been visible to someone on the water, or someone who climbed down under the bridge from the top. MOO

Yes, the word acquaintances intrigued me also, hence the reason I highlighted it a few posts back. By the same token, I don't think that Paul Tully would be stupid enough to come right out and say 'family'. :moo: With Pauls posts I tend to read between the lines and not take everything he says literally.

I also believe that Allison was left where she was found. This indicates to me that she was dumped very quickly. No time for digging or concealment. Just get the hell out of there. B***ards.

How is 'accessory before or after the fact ' defined? Would it include someone who found out about what happened and chose to not speak up, and maintained the facade? Or does it only extend to actual physical involvement with the body.

On another note, was staying awake to see if CM had anything as normally I can access next day's news on iPad by 11ish, and local news is always first. Still nothing yet for local (ie Qld news) but national news uploaded.

An 'accessory before the fact' would be a person who had prior knowledge that a murder was to be committed - (this would also indicate that the murder was definitely premeditated), and with that knowledge, the person did nothing to prevent the crime, thereby implicating themself in assisting in the commission of a murder - by remaining silent.
An 'accessory after the fact' would be a person who either assisted in some aspect of the disposal of the body, acted as a driver to assist the perpetrator/s or helped clean up, disposed of incriminating evidence or assisted in a conspiracy of silence with the perpetrator/s.

An 'accessory before the fact' would be a person who had prior knowledge that a murder was to be committed - (this would also indicate that the murder was definitely premeditated), and with that knowledge, the person did nothing to prevent the crime, thereby implicating themself in assisting in the commission of a murder - by remaining silent.
An 'accessory after the fact' would be a person who either assisted in some aspect of the disposal of the body, acted as a driver to assist the perpetrator/s or helped clean up, disposed of incriminating evidence or assisted in a conspiracy of silence with the perpetrator/s.

Thanks. So if hypothetically speaking the BCs and sister in law found out after the fact (and say the mistress) and again hypothetically two were involved in assisting with the disposal of the body but the other two decided to remain silent and maintain a facade of not knowing all of them could be charged with being an 'accessory after the fact' but to differing degrees?

aquantaince is , I think, merely the correct term to use in this context meaning another known to the prime suspect. Be it family, spare bonk, whatever.

several aquaintances also implies rather heavily in my understanding of .. conspiracy.

that is, known among more than 1, and more than 2, and more than 3. Thats conspiracy, in the technical term.

aquantaince is , I think, merely the correct term to use in this context meaning another known to the prime suspect. Be it family, spare bonk, whatever.

several aquaintances also implies rather heavily in my understanding of .. conspiracy.

that is, known among more than 1, and more than 2, and more than 3. Thats conspiracy, in the technical term.

Thank you Trooper and welcome.

There has been a lot of conjecture as to whether Allison was thrown from the Kholo Bridge. I want to clear something up in regard to the screencap I posted last week where I'd indicated Allison and a policeman with corresponding arrows. I've just had a look at other footage of where she was found and my assumption that it was Allison as indicated by the red arrow was wrong.

In the first screencap below, taken from the Channel 7 helicopter, Allison is laying on her right side and I've indicated her black top and grey pants to get a better perspective.

The second screencap below is the one I posted last week, incorrectly identifying Allison. If you look above the arrow where the ten logo is, that is where Allison was found. I've layered the first image over this one and the pylons, vegetation etc. line up almost perfectly.

For Allison to come to rest so far up the bank IMO she was not thrown or pushed from the bridge but was dumped further upstream or was carried to the spot where she was found.

Under-Bridge1.jpg

Bridge2.jpg

Screencap-Overlay.jpg

Sorry I dont understand why you think the body is up higher under the bridge now.

All I can see in yiur first high up pic where you gave written top and pants is a policemans blue coveralls.

In the second pic I see the body down lower halfway between the pylons. If you look at the 7 news video again you can see where it is blurred out. I think your red mark that you earlier thought is correct.

it would stand to reason, really, that the several aquaintances were known to each other , as well. That is.. it wouldnt be the prime suspect who knows each individually... seperately.. and they only know the prime suspect. they know each other.. in fact, they have to know each other very well, I would assume. Very well indeed..

BBM, I laughed at the terminology above(in bold)..thanks.

Yep, conspiracy. Makes me go back to more than meets the eye..but won't go on that again.

it would stand to reason, really, that the several aquaintances were known to each other , as well. That is.. it wouldnt be the prime suspect who knows each individually... seperately.. and they only know the prime suspect. they know each other.. in fact, they have to know each other very well, I would assume. Very well indeed..

Oh trooper you are making alot of sense to me. For many reasons....

I just hope any stalemates that may be occuring at the moment are worked out soon and Charges laid.

Think I'm off:eek:fftobed:

Sorry I dont understand why you think the body is up higher under the bridge now.

All I can see in yiur first high up pic where you gave written top and pants is a policemans blue coveralls.

In the second pic I see the body down lower halfway between the pylons. If you look at the 7 news video again you can see where it is blurred out. I think your red mark that you earlier thought is correct.

Sorry folks, my mistake. :banghead: You're right Bayside, it is a policeman's blue overalls. And you're right again about the 7 news video blurring out the body.

Gawd, this case is doing my head in! I'm starting to see things that aren't there.

My apologies once again for the confusion.

There has been a lot of conjecture as to whether Allison was thrown from the Kholo Bridge. I want to clear something up in regard to the screencap I posted last week where I'd indicated Allison and a policeman with corresponding arrows. I've just had a look at other footage of where she was found and my assumption that it was Allison as indicated by the red arrow was wrong.

In the first screencap below, taken from the Channel 7 helicopter, Allison is laying on her right side and I've indicated her black top and grey pants to get a better perspective.

The second screencap below is the one I posted last week, incorrectly identifying Allison. If you look above the arrow where the ten logo is, that is where Allison was found. I've layered the first image over this one and the pylons, vegetation etc. line up almost perfectly.

For Allison to come to rest so far up the bank IMO she was not thrown or pushed from the bridge but was dumped further upstream or was carried to the spot where she was found.

Under-Bridge1.jpg

Bridge2.jpg

Screencap-Overlay.jpg
I have to say I'm not sure that I can see Allison in either of these pictures (but I'm not wearing my glasses)...but does anyone know what the "lines" would be in the top picture (it looks like it may be string line or something over near the other pylon).

Welcome
Thank you very much Trooper. Handy because Hawkins is on holidays

Who knows.If he felt somehow responsible for allowing this person(murderer) into the families lives..maybe he has felt an enormous amount of guilt. maybe its coupled with shock and fear of what it means. If he know he is implicated in some way..thats where asking (and getting) immunity would allow him to talk...oh gee and may be why he lawyered up early. because he knew he could be implicated and needed legal help to go for the immunity etc. ALL Just thoughts.

Im not sure he feels guilt, maybe self preservation. His whole persona throughout as far as we are led to believe is one of little cooperation infact business as usual, but yes we were told that police thought there maybe more than one involved in this but i dont think he would protect a mistress, blood is thicker than water maybe thats why no one has cracked yet.
The police may have enough evidence for one but because there is no risk to the public they would want to wait and get them all.

does anyone know what the "lines" would be in the top picture (it looks like it may be string line or something over near the other pylon).

Police crime scene tape.

http://www.paulgtully.blogspot.com.au/

If reports are true, the Indooroopilly Police Station quietly nestled between Moggill Road to the south and Vincent Street to the north is about to explode into a hive of activity when the murderer is brought in for questioning and is formally charged with the murder of Allison Baden-Clay.

Love this bit. :woohoo:

Im not sure he feels guilt, maybe self preservation. His whole persona throughout as far as we are led to believe is one of little cooperation infact business as usual, but yes we were told that police thought there maybe more than one involved in this but i dont think he would protect a mistress, blood is thicker than water maybe thats why no one has cracked yet.
The police may have enough evidence for one but because there is no risk to the public they would want to wait and get them all.

My thought was actually not that he is protecting them, but more himself and his family and life(girls) anyway.. too tired to explain more. I am not sure either what he feels. Just putting forward some thoughts. We are not entirely sure of how much he has or hasn't said to police either.. but just thoughts.

I have been following this thread for what feels like eternity, mainly because I wondered why I have never doubted , not for one moment, that Gerard killed his wife. Even though I have read many many theories, and scenarios, and many insights, my main conundrum has always been who will crack first.

Gerard couldnt even manage to do this, the hideous thing, alone. I have always thought he is supremely stupid. In so many ways . Stupid in that peculiar obstinate congenital way, and I think most of his life, people have been picking up after him, rescuing him, gobsmacked at just how he can manage to mangle so many many aspects of his life. It does not surprise me that 'several aquaintances' are suspected in this needless death.

Reality awaits, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member