ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Magnotta's claims run the gamut from being responsible for the Big Bang which created the universe to inventing Post-It Notes; when I came across this news item my mind was boggled as I wondered how Luka didn't claim responsibility for this or that he was the Forest Boy...

From the Associated Press:
Forest boy mystery solved; he's 20 and Dutch
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hd3E1mzy-V1bJ0r3DtPWxoJ3GxCQ?docId=645bdfd04ae44b76828390d6845f5476

Hopefully that will give everyone a chuckle this Saturday...

Btw after following the (some now disappeared) posts on this thread last night I thought of something which could be a great addition to WS: adapt Google's Mail Goggles feature which "will check that you're really sure you want to send that late night Friday email. And what better way to check than by making you solve a few simple math problems after you click send to verify you're in the right state of mind?"

:blushing:

I haven't watched the video and have not clicked on most of the links that are posted here. It first happened about 3 days ago ... not sure what I clicked on before it happened. I posted a message, hit the send button and my browser switched to a huge warning screen. It has happened twice so far.

OK, so it didn't come from a link. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFO!! :tyou: You know, this case is soooooo bizarre/strange/out there I'm wondering if one of LRM's "fans" :banghead: has placed a virus here just to upset the site and our sleuthing!

I'm using AVG + Pro-Adaware + AVG Clean-Up so now I'm wondering if I also came upon something weird and my protections just quarantined the thing.

Again, thanks for the heads-up.

Just a heads up to routinely run an antivirus scan ... Has anyone run into a virus while searching this case? Twice in the last couple of days, while posting on this thread, my browser switched to a window telling me that I couldn't access this site because of a virus (that has never happened before). I did a scan, there was one virus on my computer plus something that looked like a keystroke logger.

Otto thanks for sharing that important advice to this community; I'm sorry to hear that you had to deal with Magnotta-related virus drama.

In high profile news events like this, many of those same Vultures who create forgeries in the form of websites, videos, photos, blogs, social media profiles, etc will add elements to sites, download files, etc which will attempt to gain and exploit a users private, personal data.

OK, so it didn't come from a link. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFO!! :tyou: You know, this case is soooooo bizarre/strange/out there I'm wondering if one of LRM's "fans" :banghead: has placed a virus here just to upset the site and our sleuthing!

I'm using AVG + Pro-Adaware + AVG Clean-Up so now I'm wondering if I also came upon something weird and my protections just quarantined the thing.

Great recommendation No Stone.

Another great free alternative for Windows users is Microsoft Security Essentials which is shockingly good.

Additionally, Mozilla's Firefox web browser has a plethora of built-in security tools and even better add-on's.

Since Magnotta's claims run the gamut from being responsible for the Big Bang which created the universe to inventing Post-It Notes; when I came across this news item my mind was boggled as I wondered how Luka didn't claim responsibility for this or that he was the Forest Boy...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hd3E1mzy-V1bJ0r3DtPWxoJ3GxCQ?docId=645bdfd04ae44b76828390d6845f5476

Btw after following the (some now disappeared) posts on this thread last night I thought of something which could be a great addition to WS: adapt Google's Mail Goggles feature which "will check that you're really sure you want to send that late night Friday email. And what better way to check than by making you solve a few simple math problems after you click send to verify you're in the right state of mind?"

Hahaha! Love it! Kinda like a DUI checkpoint for late night posters.

Sophos antivirus software is installed on my work laptop. Until last week, I had never used a work laptop for anything personal, but my laptop is not working and I really wanted to follow this discussion. I'm not sure how this happened ... possibly I didn't have all the antivirus updates installed (the machine basically sat in the case under my desk since January until last week). I'm scrambling now to clean the machine.

hi, everyone. iam a chinese netizen. my friends and i have been absorbed in this ourtrageous case ever since it was reported. although the mainstream is not that open to the whole gay thing and some heartless netizen even accused LIN JUN for his being gay saying that he deseved it , the major part of society is deeply sympathetic to the murder. we have done a lot research to the case. it is believed that LM must have had accomplice and drugged LIN JUN. we have some assumtions on the case. i can post them if you are intersted. apologies if someone have already share the opinions.

Please share what you have found. I am sure we are all very interested in you well thought out theories! Welcome!

I have kaspersky protection on my computer and have gone to just about any link ( all the seedy sites pertaining to lm...and there are tons!) and the killvid link...and so far so good...keeping fingers crossed though.

I have kaspersky protection on my computer and have gone to just about any link ( all the seedy sites pertaining to lm...and there are tons!) and the killvid link...and so far so good...keeping fingers crossed though.

Me too, I've been on all kinds of weird sites looking into this case.

By the way, malwarebytes is pretty fantastic. It got rid of a Trojan on my laptop a while back, and I'd tried just about everything.

Hahaha! Love it! Kinda like a DUI checkpoint for late night posters.

Exactly. I know Google adapted it for Android so it can be used to prevent sending regrettable text messages when: emotions are high, shots are plentiful, etc. Why not add that here? :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

i am working on how to upload photos.....
out guessing would not be that convincing without photos :floorlaugh:

sorta o/t, but have any of y'all ever taken ambien? I had an rx for it a while back b/c I was consistently waking in the middle of the night. Anyway, one morning I woke up to find that I had sent a work-related e-mail that was totally coherent, on point and not offensive at all, but of which I had NO recollection of typing or sending -- even after I'd read it. Another time, I woke up to find that my weekend "lounging around the house" cloths that I normally just drop on a chair at bedtime were nowhere to be found in the morning. I just shrugged it off. But later that day when I went to do laundry I discovered that I had put them in the washing machine and ran the load. Again, zero recollection of having done so even after I saw the clothes in the washing machine. Needless to say, I threw the rest of that rx away, even though they did work like a charm. Moral of the story, if you take Ambien, shut down all of your electronics and tuck yourself in with a book you don't need to remember reading before taking it!

I have kaspersky, too. I like it.

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SEIZED VIDEO:

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/16/unedited-version-of-magnottas-alleged-snuff-video-seized

1. FIRST - I haven't watched any of the vids, YT's anything with LRM in it but I still have questions.

2. How could someone dismember a body in just 15 minutes? Is it possible? I mean, even for a surgeon.....would that be possible?

3. In the seized video, do LE have enough evidence to PROVE that LRM is doing the dismembering?

Thanks.
Apparently the 15 minute video found on LRM's computer was "unedited" in the sense that it didn't have the background music dubbed in. Of course the entire crime could not have been committed in 15 minutes, so it would have been an intermediate edited version. The uploaded 10:45 minute video has a series of still shots at the end. If the 15 minute cut doesn't have those, it would certainly have more video footage. Suffice it to say that LE feels they have sufficient evidence there to implicate LRM.

sorta o/t, but have any of y'all ever taken ambien? I had an rx for it a while back b/c I was consistently waking in the middle of the night. Anyway, one morning I woke up to find that I had sent a work-related e-mail that was totally coherent, on point and not offensive at all, but of which I had NO recollection of typing or sending -- even after I'd read it. Another time, I woke up to find that my weekend "lounging around the house" cloths that I normally just drop on a chair at bedtime were nowhere to be found in the morning. I just shrugged it off. But later that day when I went to do laundry I discovered that I had put them in the washing machine and ran the load. Again, zero recollection of having done so even after I saw the clothes in the washing machine. Needless to say, I threw the rest of that rx away, even though they did work like a charm. Moral of the story, if you take Ambien, shut down all of your electronics and tuck yourself in with a book you don't need to remember reading before taking it!

I've heard all kinds of crazy stories about things people have done on Ambien. There are YT videos of people doing and saying crazy things while on it.

veronicay,to post the pictures just copy the url of the picture and click on the little square box that looks liek a postcard on top of the reply box and copy it in there.
I'm very interested in seeing the comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie