Penn State Sandusky Trial #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or even their dignity? I can't imagine many adults willing to get on the stand and say "Yeah sure we all showered with little boys, so what?" reminds me of Michael Jackson talking how "beautiful" it was to share his bed with little boys. Maddening!!

Exactly!! I think that there were quite a few people who stood for a long time on the "Oh sure! We all shower with little boys! Happens all the time!" crutch in Happy Valley, Dottie included I'm afraid. But now that the national media is broadcasting these statements all over the place it's probably getting a little harder for them to maintain that they actually believe it's ok...it just sounds ludicrous. BUT, State College is a very small town and I know it well, and it would not surprise me a bit that a whole bunch of people have had their collective heads in the sand for a very long time.

From my Comcast homepage:

Jerry Sandusky judge: Jury could get case Thursday
By GENARO C. ARMAS and MARK SCOLFORO, AP
2 hours ago

BELLEFONTE, Pa. (AP) — The judge overseeing Jerry Sandusky's trial says it's likely that defense lawyers will rest by Wednesday and that jurors could be deliberating the 51 child sex abuse charges against the former Penn State assistant football coach a day later...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/sports-cfb/20120617/Penn.State-Abuse/?cid=hero_media

OK, I am no Amendola fan, but I found this brief exchange from the Costas interview to be enlightening:

BOB COSTAS:

19:05:26:00 Are you prepared to accept a plea deal if your attorney says this is the best we can do?

JERRY SANDUSKY:

19:05:34:00 No.

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2011/11/16/2988948/interview-with-joe-amendola-and.html#storylink=cpy

He's 68. Unless it's a suspended sentence, he's not going to take it. 10-15 probably equals life in his case.

Well it was a street.

Well, as I said 10-12 is improper. I really don't think I'd find it unreasonable around 6 or so. We don't know the age.

Yes, six is just the right age for a little girl to be told "take off your clothes and we'll go have a shower together" by grandpa, and trust that whatever grandpa tells you to do is o-k. Six is also an age when you usually don't argue with grandpa even if you don't want to do what you're told, because he's grandpa and you love him.

Pedophiliia is being viewed as more that a paraphilia in the medical literature at this time. It is viewed as a sexual orientation. Men showering together will not not force heterosexual men to turn into homosexual men. Men showering with little boys will not turn heterosexual or homosexual men into pedophiles.

Blessedly, preferential pedophiles are rare and this is why so many do not understand dangerous men like Jerry. I don't think all those men in the showers at Penn State are pedophiles and that there was a pedophile culture there. I think they were completely ignorant about pedophiles, easily duped by good ol' Jerry, and when they began to learn the truth they went into an evil, selfish, self-preservation mode (lying, denying, hiding evidence, and etc...).

IMO, by taking the boys into the showers with other men, Jerry was attempting to verify that it was perfectly okay for him to take young boys into the shower with him (desensitizing). If people were gossiping about Jerry being a pedo, then they would also have to believe that all the other men showering at that time were pedos as well since they were also in the showers.

If these idiot enablers continue to hold jobs or honorary titles at Penn State or in the State College community, they need to be immediately fired and be removed from whatever honorary titles/positions they hold. IT IS PAST THE TIME TO CLEAN HOUSE, PENN STATE!

Great post and I agree wtih all you said. Jerry was trying to make what he was doing look 'normal' to the other coaches and to the kids that he brought with him. I hope these guys eventually realize how they were used and didn't really know Jerry at all and that he was certainly not their friend. I hope other coaches and parents following this trial will learn a lesson from this.

Pasquinelli said he saw Sandusky with kids -- once every two weeks. He described his activities with kids, saying -- I saw a mutual admiration between Second Mile youth boys and girls with jerry.

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1yArmr5Tx

a defense witness saw a "mutual admiration" bewteen Sandusky and kids, of both sexes.......

why does a mateur man "admire" young children? what would a young child have that a mateur man might "admire". i'm an old man. the only young person I've ever admired is jackie evancho, and that is because she is a musical genius. I have grandkids. they have friends. the idea of my "admiring" one of them is, frankly, weird to me. i can conceive that a young person might DO SOMETHINg that might earn admiration. but i cannot imagine admiring youth as a group.

i envy their age, but whats to admire in youth as a group?

I don't have a problem with a grandfather helping a 4 yr old with a shower, but a 6 yr old should be able to manage to dress and shower pretty much on her own. She certainly would not need a naked grandfather in there with her, imo.

But the main question is, WHY take a young girl into the men's shower room? She couldn't wait until she got home to take a shower? What was the big rush?

What is this new subpoena for witness number 5 all about?

I don't think Jerry had many options as far as attorneys go! Sometimes I wonder though if Joe is throwing the case or if he is that incompetent. The Costas interview he allowed made me seriously question, as have some of his tactics thus far.

He probably knew after reading the GJ report and his first talk with JS that it was a lost cause. Most of these questionable steps he's taken were probably at the urging of JS because he still thinks he can fool everybody..I think JA just wants the publicity, that comes whether he wins or loses.

The last witness for today:

Jurors have been given a heads up that they will be sequestered for deliberations. They'll stay at a local hotel and will not be allowed cell phones or TV. They were told this today so they can make arrangements. Again, a full day is expected in court on Tuesday and Wednesday.
by WGAL 2:20 PM
There is a very rough schedule for the remaining proceedings, which could change.

Rebuttal testimony on Wednesday afternoon.
Closing arguments on Thursday morning.

This is all very tentative. It's the schedule that is being worked toward.
by WGAL 2:19 PM
Before the cross examination, there was a conference at the bench. There was a technical issue regarding witnesses. Then recess was called.

Reporter Barbara Barr said the afternoon testimony very matter of fact, not a lot of emotion.
by WGAL 2:17 PM

Witmer testified that Sandusky was an important part of Accuser 4's life. Witmer said --
You got to understand, these kids don't always want to do things. But Sandusky told him, 'You always got to be there for them.'
by WGAL 2:16 PM

The Brett Witmer took the stand. Witmer is a second grade teacher in the Bellefonte school district. He's known Sandusky since 1999 and he interned with Second Mile.
by WGAL 2:15 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1yB0XpRHH

I thought the defense had a ton of witnesses! :waitasec: Has it been narrowed down to Dottie, Matt, and Jerry himself, or are they still going to roll with the Histrionic thang? Seems like one or the other, but not both? Idk, but I'm getting the feeling that Amendola is changing horses midstream... and it reeks of desperation to me. :moo:

:jail:

I'd be curious how the granddaughter's parents feel about her grandfather blasting to the country he showers naked with her in a room full of naked men.

I really don't even believe this story. I would like to think that if this DID happen, at least one of the man in the locker room would have had the sense to complain to management about this.

Looks like I'm in the minority but it really bothers me when women bring their male children into the ladies bathroom or dressing room. I can't count the times I've been half undressed only to find a boy peeping through or sneaking under the stall or fitting room doors to watch me using the facilities. Really, people, IMO it is not only inappropriate, it is rude. And don't blame me if I ever lose my cool and smack the little peeping tom when it happens again. Because it will happen again. If you are one of these parents, take your child into the stall or dressing room with you and do not let him or her run around the joint and harass the other patrons.

Teach them appropriate boundaries, please. It is not appropriate for children of the opposite gender to be in a facility where the adults are using the shower. Never. Period. Good grief, I can't believe this is even being discussed as acceptable.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

I understand your frustration, but from the mother's perspective, she has no choice. I have a 6 yo boy who always accompanies me into the bathroom/dressing room. I cannot send him into the men's room by himself; it is too unsafe. I was in San Diego when Matthew Cecchi was murdered while his aunt waited outside the men's bathroom for him. I am unwilling to take this chance with my child.

However, he has never tried to peek at anybody and he is reminded each time we are in there that he is to look straight ahead and look at nobody. For the record, I would not bring him into an open dressing room where he could see other ladies undressed - I'm just talking about dressing rooms at department stores - not locker rooms.

What is this new subpoena for witness number 5 all about?

Maybe Amendola doesn't have much else so now his tactic is to say that the 'alleged victims' are IN IT for the money and so are their lawyers. :twocents:

I thought the defense had a ton of witnesses! :waitasec: Has it been narrowed down to Dottie, Matt, and Jerry himself, or are they still going to roll with the Histrionic thang? Seems like one or the other, but not both? Idk, but I'm getting the feeling that Amendola is changing horses midstream... and it reeks of desperation to me. :moo:

:jail:

BBM - from his own words in the Costas interview, it seems that is what he has done and planned to do in his defense tactics:

From this....
JOE AMENDOLA:

19:20:55:00 But I will say this. That there are certain parts of these allegations which we intend to disprove — dramatically. And we're just not able to do it now. It's not the right time. But I can tell you that we have — we had been working very hard to identify some of these kids, and our understanding are these kids are going to say something very different than what's been alleged.

To this:
BOB COSTAS:

19:24:52:00 What happens if in the course of researching your defense you no longer believe your client? What do you do?

JOE AMENDOLA:

19:24:58:00 Well then he and I would have to have a serious discussion as to how we were going to proceed. And at that point, if that were to happen — and right now I don't have any information from our end to — to suggest that that's the case, Bob. But if that were to happen, I think that the — the — the whole — the whole — structure of the defense would shift to where you talked about earlier to mitigating.

BOB COSTAS:

19:25:18:00 To a plea deal?

JOE AMENDOLA:

19:25:21:00 Mitigating the damage as opposed to defending.

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2011/11/16/2988948/interview-with-joe-amendola-and.html#storylink=cpy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993