ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

I am just now reading your post (trying to catch up).

With all due respect, this whole case is about one individual who murdered an innocent, decent man for no reason at all. This murder was brutal and obscene. No way am I going to go easy on Magnotta. We are not talking about all who were abandoned by his/her family. In fact, we do not know if this was Magnotta's decision or the family's decision to not keep in close touch. We are not talking about mentally impaired or 'tortured' people in general. We are talking about a barbaric murderer here. A real sadist. I feel no sympathy whatsoever for Magnotta and am surprised when anyone can.

The one person I am filled with sadness for is Jun Lin, the victim. I am also filled with almost unbearable sadness for Jun Lin's family.

I have just mainly read and not posted about this case because it makes me sick to my very core.

This is my opinion and I stick by it.

Without getting into the difference between empathy and sympathy, I want to say that my empathy for Luka does not in any way, take away for my sympathy for Lin Jun and his family. The crime sickens me, leaves me deep in despair. However, that said, I think much can be learned in educating ourselves how young people like Eric Newman turn into monsters like Luka Magnotta. He came into the world, not into the loving family Lin Jun was born into, but one filled with dysfunction. I cannot help but to feel empathy for the young Eric; the monster he became, however, needs to be locked away safely so that he can never harm another.

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/edit...d-child-killers-in-a-life-spent-studying-evil
"Sereny’s writing, a core collection of four masterpieces, was never pleasant but always instructive for it discovered things no one else had thought to look for. She was less interested in evil and why people did evil things than in uncovering the places where evil is cooked. Find the source, she said".

" The checklist for forming murderous adults has been printed. So why do we fail to learn from it? Will it even arise in the Luka Magnotta trial?

Sereny would study the facts, find more and then dig deeper, like pulling on a snake until the head appears. She was never sentimental, only forensic"

Without getting into the difference between empathy and sympathy, I want to say that my empathy for Luka does not in any way, take away for my sympathy for Lin Jun and his family. The crime sickens me, leaves me deep in despair. However, that said, I think much can be learned in educating ourselves how young people like Eric Newman turn into monsters like Luka Magnotta. He came into the world, not into the loving family Lin Jun was born into, but one filled with dysfunction. I cannot help but to feel empathy for the young Eric; the monster he became, however, needs to be locked away safely so that he can never harm another.

I agree with every single word of that.

Well said!!

"Without getting into the difference between empathy and sympathy, I want to say that my empathy for Luka does not in any way, take away for my sympathy for Lin Jun and his family. The crime sickens me, leaves me deep in despair. However, that said, I think much can be learned in educating ourselves how young people like Eric Newman turn into monsters like Luka Magnotta. He came into the world, not into the loving family Lin Jun was born into, but one filled with dysfunction. I cannot help but to feel empathy for the young Eric; the monster he became, however, needs to be locked away safely so that he can never harm another."

I just wanted to state that we have absolutely no proof or facts at this time that LM came from a dysfunctional family. Remember, what you are reading on-line comes from LM and we all know that many things he has written are lies, exagerations, etc. The family has not spoken out, meaning the grandmother, the mother, the sister, the brother... Hopefully we will find out so that the puzzle that is LM can be "solved" or at least understood a little better. The same goes for the "medication" that we see in some threads where again LM is the author. We have some of his past individuals who say they were in his life, who had relationships with him, saying he was heavily into non-prescprition drugs (street drugs). Again, do we know this to be fact? Hopefully all of this also will come out in court, prescribed medication (truth or fiction) and why it was prescribed and what was prescribed, street drugs (crime or fiction), etc. We probably have more unanswered questions now then we had in the first 24 hours that the crime was found out. It is going to be a very interesting and challenging case to follow.

I just wanted to state that we have absolutely no proof or facts at this time that LM came from a dysfunctional family. Remember, what you are reading on-line comes from LM and we all know that many things he has written are lies, exagerations, etc. .

One family source did describe the family as 'completely dysfunctional'.

"
Without getting into the difference between empathy and sympathy, I want to say that my empathy for Luka does not in any way, take away for my sympathy for Lin Jun and his family. The crime sickens me, leaves me deep in despair. However, that said, I think much can be learned in educating ourselves how young people like Eric Newman turn into monsters like Luka Magnotta. He came into the world, not into the loving family Lin Jun was born into, but one filled with dysfunction. I cannot help but to feel empathy for the young Eric; the monster he became, however, needs to be locked away safely so that he can never harm another."

I just wanted to state that we have absolutely no proof or facts at this time that LM came from a dysfunctional family. Remember, what you are reading on-line comes from LM and we all know that many things he has written are lies, exagerations, etc. The family has not spoken out, meaning the grandmother, the mother, the sister, the brother... Hopefully we will find out so that the puzzle that is LM can be "solved" or at least understood a little better. The same goes for the "medication" that we see in some threads where again LM is the author. We have some of his past individuals who say they were in his life, who had relationships with him, saying he was heavily into non-prescprition drugs (street drugs). Again, do we know this to be fact? Hopefully all of this also will come out in court, prescripted medication (truth or fiction) and why it was prescripted and what was prescribed, street drugs (crime or fiction), etc. We probably have more unanswered questions now then we had in the first 24 hours that the crime was found out. It is going to be a very interesting and challenging case to follow.

Thank you, ITA. I don't believe much of anything he has claimed at all.

It scared me when I discovered that Luka's username that he used when posting to the neoseeker forum, was briankinney556. The reason this scares me is because the guy I met online who seems from my recollection to be eerily like Luka, told me his name was Brian. Also, I've now seen a couple different references to Luka having pretended to be a woman he knew online. This Brian person told me that when he was upset with me because I had cut him out of my life for a while (we talked very infrequently through IM and phone for about a two year period) he had made various accounts online with my full name, flirted with men, and then made them angry. That was when I told him that I couldn't trust him anymore and that I didn't want him to contact me again. He didn't until a couple years later when he found a video of me singing online. He left comments about how nice I had been when I sent him a scarf and gloves. And then the pianist from the video deleted this guy's comments because he left a lot of goofy comments that rambled and contained personal details and my friend felt that would detract from our musical effort, otherwise I would link to those comments. I winced when I realized that my friend had deleted the comments because I knew this Brian guy was lonely and genuinely valued me.

In any case, if Luka is the person I know as Brian then I already know a bit about him. If it is him, I must admit to having a degree of caring for him because he told me about his horrible childhood, his schizophrenia and how he had to do twisted things so that he could keep the aid and medication he was given for being insane, how angry he was at his mother for not being more empowered (he and I debated about this and this was the one subject that made him less charming, more upset), being homeless for a while with his brother living in the woods, that he wanted to be my boyfriend now that I'd sent him a scarf and gloves because I was unusually caring... Sorry if this seems incoherent. I'm wondering increasingly if I did meet this person online. If it is him he's a lot more intelligent than people realize. He was into beat poetry, his mind worked really quickly, he recognized his own dysfunction but seemed to lack self-control and intimate connection with people, he told me about using computers to watch the computer screens of girls he had crushes on (there are programs that allow for this). ...I did find some photos of Luka standing in a forest, wearing gloves and a scarf but since I sent the Brian fellow these items some 7 years back and ordered them through the internet quickly, it's hard to remember exactly what they looked like.

Even if Brian isn't Luka, he is the closest person I've known of to compare Luka to. He talked about his sexual strangeness. He couldn't enjoy normal sex but liked when women masturbated. He had a fetish for women reading books; he asked me to take photos of myself reading and I did and sent them to him over the internet. He mentioned that he was into violent *advertiser censored* and thought that the stuff should be illegal because of how it influenced people badly. This is interesting because Ted Bundy said something similar. He also told me that his friends said he changed his mind a lot as if he didn't know how to have any set desires/orientation and that he thought this was due to the schizophrenia. Anyway, I didn't have any inkling of just how dysfunctional this person was until he told me about making all of the accounts in my name. And then I felt torn because I cared about him but knew that I had to protect myself by ending our long-distance friendship.

He had the same deep voice as Luka. He told me he lived in the same city as I did and then later told me he'd moved to a city in California and was living with his brother in the mountains. One night he said he could easily come meet me in person and I'm really glad I talked myself out of that one.

sorry if this rambles. late night, not alone, so not very focused.

while im not really sure you were talking to luka....there are MANY MANY like luka out there - online. while ive met some amazing people online - some who are now my closest friends and have met them in person - ive met some people who were truly f.cked up....some ive almost had to get a restrianing order against (for stalking, harassment and overall weirdness) and some who were not who they claimed to be. that is life online and its a fun place and at the same time a dangerous place.

if you believe it was luka, hand over all the info to police. im thinking it was not luka and just another freak that can be found in the onlin world....

regardless its just good to be careful whom you talk to and take things slow and go w/ your gut. if it feels off, it is off.

thanks for sharing! i myself have some absolutely crazy stories i could tell about meeting people online.....and some great ones too :)

One family source did describe the family as 'completely dysfunctional'.

One source claimed it and he grew up being taken care of by his grandmother for the better part of his young life not knowing his mom (who was young when she had him) or dad (who left them at a young age). I think that is all fact, right? I thought it was assumed at this point. Please correct me if this isn't fact because it is what I assumed to be true. Other than what is said by various people is there anyway to verify the timeline of his early life in regards to where he lived and who's custody he was under? This would be very important IMO.

I just wanted to state that we have absolutely no proof or facts at this time that LM came from a dysfunctional family. Remember, what you are reading on-line comes from LM and we all know that many things he has written are lies, exagerations, etc. The family has not spoken out, meaning the grandmother, the mother, the sister, the brother... Hopefully we will find out so that the puzzle that is LM can be "solved" or at least understood a little better. The same goes for the "medication" that we see in some threads where again LM is the author. We have some of his past individuals who say they were in his life, who had relationships with him, saying he was heavily into non-prescprition drugs (street drugs). Again, do we know this to be fact? Hopefully all of this also will come out in court, prescribed medication (truth or fiction) and why it was prescribed and what was prescribed, street drugs (crime or fiction), etc. We probably have more unanswered questions now then we had in the first 24 hours that the crime was found out. It is going to be a very interesting and challenging case to follow.

My main point here is that I am tired of having to defend my empathetic nature concerning ALL aspects of this case. There have been mentions of his dysfunctional background given to us by an aunt, some school friends, etc...links for these can be found in earlier threads and it is this I am basing my ponderings on. It is fact that he was born to teeneaged parents who broke up and he was sent to live with his grandparent who was a domineering sort.
I just don't think ANY of us who show some empathy for Luka should be belittled, or looked down on as lesser than those of you who do not share the same level of compassion. I think the measure of a society is in its ability to have compassion for even the least of it's members, and that is how I conduct myself.

jeanne said:
My main point here is that I am tired of having to defend my empathetic nature concerning ALL aspects of this case. There have been mention of his dysfunctional background given to us by an aunt, some school friends, etc...links for these can be found in earlier threads and it is this I am basing my ponderings on. It is fact thaty he was born to teeneaged parents who broke up and he was sent to live with his grandparent who was a domineering sort.
I just don't think ANY of us who show some empathy for Luka should be belittled, or looked down on as lesser than those of you who do not share the same level of compassion. I think the measure of a society is in its ability to have compassion for even the least of it's members, and that is how I conduct myself.

My post was not to belittle your point. It was to make myself, yes I was one who jumped the gun so to say at the beginnings of all of this and attribute the way LM was to his mother, parents, upbringing. We are all going on heresay, things being reported in the media, things written by an obviously young man with issues. I just want to be fair to both parties, LM and his family. I want to wait and see what comes out during the trial that will hopefully give us a better understanding and facts, concrete facts coming from the source, that's all.

I am sorry if you felt singled out. I certainly didn't mean it in the way it was taken. My apologies.

It's not. Just because it's a popular name, the origin is not French Canadian.

I'll provide a link.

http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/meaning_of_Justin.html

fwiw....his fb page (the ones who organized the vigil) and friends at Concordia University also know him as Patrick.

Here is a link to the FB page

https://www.facebook.com/#!/PatrickJunLin

Just catching up and wanted to be clear that I was responding to a post about the name. I didn't just throw this out there! I think the thread got cleaned up a little and I don't see the OP I was responding to anymore. So if it looked like I was being totally random . . .

I am repulsed by Magnotta and his crime.
I think about Lin Juns family. How they feel every waking moment.
The pain must be impossible to deal with
I think I would lose my mind knowing what my son went through.

But I also wonder about Magnotta and what his life must have been
What makes a human being do something so horrendous?

Regardless, (IMO) whether his family life was bad or good, something was seriously wrong with him
How sick and twisted was he?
How much personal pain did he live with? What kind of inner turmoil?
When I look at him arriving back in Canada, I see a dead space, nothing.

I am thrilled he has been arrested and can not hurt anyone else
I feel that he will get a fair trial
Thats all I ask

JMO

Just catching up and wanted to be clear that I was responding to a post about the name. I didn't just throw this out there! I think the thread got cleaned up a little and I don't see the OP I was responding to anymore. So if it looked like I was being totally random . . .

Yes. I just wanted you to be aware that what was stated as fact in that post was not entirely true and that's why I posted the link.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member