NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life insurance policies can pay out on suicide (I am an ex financial adviser - not verified though ;) )

The policies I used to sell had an exclusion period of 13 months. But here in Oz, it can be varying waiting periods.

http://ezinsurance.com.au/Education-Centre/Life-Insurance-and-Suicide.html

That is exactly what Ive been thinking for a couple of weeks now...that he was going to make it look like she'd suicided.

Heck I'll even repost my posts where I said that.

:pinocchio: :pinocchio: :pinocchio::panic::panic::panic:

I think they will be dodging the media camped out.

At least they wont have to worry about the QPS turning up tonightthey will all be drunk lolol.

maybe she just saw $30.000 fly out the door.

Yep that would hurt!!
Can't blame her for not looking too flash when she walked out, money down the drain, brother in jail, possibly hearing things she didn't know before, plus she was totally mobbed by cameras

Certainly doesn't seem like his finances were in great shape... but it's ok, don't worry, he had plans to correct that situation...
Poor Gerard. It just didn't go to plan.
And can I add that I am feeling SO damn bad for him. .... as if !!! haha

Another thing which has me puzzled is the fact that he sort of tried to imply suicide (saying she was depressed and her body being found under a bridge) - which obviously is never paid out by insurance cos.

Maybe he was trying to imply that she was depressed, went for a walk and was attacked by a killer...

I dunno...my head hurts too (but only a "little bit") ;)

Usually, suicide will be paid out after the initial 13 months of the policy. It's to stop people taking out a policy to get their family out of financial strife and then committing suicide soon after. Allowing 13 months may cool people of the idea.

I wonder if he intended to grow a beard but just wanted that 'frantic spouse' look where he's not shaved for a few days... but got it wrong.

Incidentally, I did a Google search for "Growing a beard in order to look like Santa and not be suspected of murder because everyone thinks you look jolly" but that didn't return any worthwhile results either :p

(hahaha olive oyl) maybe he bumped into a door with furry grubs all over it...you know - it's possible...possibly

If I remember correctly, somebody claimed that OW said that his scratches were as a result of a fall ... maybe on the golf course or some 'recreational' place similar. More likely to find furry grubs on the ground hey? :floorlaugh:

Or...

Maybe she's in shock finally hearing what has actually been going on with her oh-so-squeaky-clean-brother.

Being the wife of a man "of the cloth" she might be starting to re-assess her situation in sticking up for a man who appears to have been less than honest in his dealings.

It is my belief and experience that Lawyers like to have a person to liaise with if their client is in custody. They are the people who help with witness contacts and other personal matters that the client is unable to obtain - OW looks to be the person who has been volunteered or volunteered herself....In my family it is always me that does the dirty work or is the spokes person...It infuriates me to no end but my other family members either have no confidence or are to hot headed and speak before thinking...OW seems to be calm despite the outburst and regardless of what she knows, I think she feels like she has to be strong and ride this out through the courts to see for herself , maybe this is how she has decided to work out what the truth is and is relieved that the court process has begun.....It would be hard to think your brother was capable of any of this - Even if you suspected it?

Oh that's right! Two vehicles were seen near the bridge. Oh. my. gosh. I was assuming it might be TM, but now my head is hurting thinking about it.
<< woops was wanting to quote who you quoted Kimster to answer their question - apologies

the google searches days before, the calls to life insurer...It is somewhat hard to articulate why I find it more harrowing to think IMO it seems to be leaning strongly towards being premeditated.
murder is murder, a life was taken, but if IMO it was premediatated, this is even more heartbreaking, especially for her parents, her daughters..knowing that during her final days, she was already in pain (her journal), now having to digest that days, weeks, maybe even months beforehand any regard/communication he had to her, THEIR children, was false.

He sure was a clever dick that Maverick.....Certainly some inside knowledge it would seem..He did say he would come back though when an arrest was made...At least that is what I remember....Please Confirm??

Or maybe he will be back when the trial is over......In another 3 or more years!

From what i remember, because he didn't have 'links' no one was too happy about his posts... and so after a while he left but did stop by from time to time...

hopefully he will come back soon :)

That is exactly what Ive been thinking for a couple of weeks now...that he was going to make it look like she'd suicided.

Yes.. I suggested that thought too and that perhaps originally the captiva had been planned to be left at Kholo creek to appear she drove out and jumped. But it didn't work out that way..

good afternoon to my old buddy, Greg..

he had murder on his mind, Greg.......

Today, I have come to the realisation that I have ABSOLUTE faith in the Australian Legal System.

I have nothing but praise for the QPS, Danny Boyle and his team, and Justice Boddice.

And to dear Allison and your loving family....justice WILL be served. Stay strong, and know that our thoughts and prayers are constantly with you.

Certainly doesn't seem like his finances were in great shape... but it's ok, don't worry, he had plans to correct that situation...
Poor Gerard. It just didn't go to plan.
And can I add that I am feeling SO damn bad for him. .... as if !!! haha

More than $1 million in debt was reported on channel 10 news at 5pm.

I can't remember the break down..but $58 000 was owed to BC seniors.

EDIT: Sorry Marlywings..see you posted some of this on previous page..

WOW! What a day. Thanks so much to everyone for all of the updates. I literally cheered with joy when I read that bail had been refused but I'm feeling flat now.

My heart goes out to Mr. and Mrs. Dickie and Allison's three little girls. There would be no celebrating in their home tonight I'm sure. They now have the tragic task of telling their granddaughters that their father is not coming home for a long time. What an awful mess GBC has created for his family, all for the almighty dollar!

That allegedly murdered their mother while they were asleep in that house! :banghead: He then dumped her body at Kholo Creek, all for money! How disgusting that he allegedly made a claim on Allison's life insurance policy before she'd even been identified. :banghead: So it would seem that he did want her body to be found so he could claim. Well I hope he's feeling proud of himself now! :furious: NOT!

I feel sure that the prosecution have evidence that it is indeed Allison's blood in the car. It may be argued that it is menstrual blood but that is easy enough to decipher with forensic testing. Menstrual blood gives a totally different reading to regular blood. It will be very interesting to learn just what else the prosecution does have. What has come out today is bad enough but I'm sure there is a lot worse to come. (In the words of Pastor Walton).

Congratulations to Det. Ainsworth and his team, Well done Danny Boyle, and thank you, thank you, thank you to Justice Boddice for making the right decision today.

MOO.

these are from the first theard

I recall a couple of short conversations I had with Maverick.au (at the time, I didn't understand the concept of the 'insider/local' and questioned a lot of their (what I thought were) highly confident statements!! but I have steadfastly agreed with him/her regarding the children being home that night since day dot...it is maybe the only thing I have ever been constant in my belief since the beginning... I felt Maverick.au had some very very good sources ;)

haha deary me...we are so invested!!! well, I hope you enjoyed your day all the same, and, to get one up on you...
I took my car in for a service, they couldn't drive me home, it was quarter to ten!!!!
so I went to get my nails filled, (could barely string two words together with one hand, let alone keep up with bail hearing on tiny phone)
went to Dick smiths on way to taxi rank, to buy business computer
got home couldn't activate internet
got on old mac, kids used $50 internet credit IN ONE DAY
tried phone, freezing up like crazy
raced down shops, bought another 50 credit,got home recharged.....nothing would load
got called out...at ten to one!!!!! missed more breaking news

think I'm 40 pages behind, maybe 50!

ROFL :floorlaugh: That must have been so frustrating!

Where do you think it all went wrong marlywings, it just never came off looking like suicide in the end, and it seems so brazen to kill her with the children at home( glad we FINALLY sorted that out ). I'll be watching the trial, I still have lots of unanswered questions.
Maybe TM will tell us plenty when she sings. IMO
I don't seeing her hanging around Brisbane for much longer.
Always enjoy your posts marlywings.

Do you know who I keep thinking of in this case? The guy who pushed his wife of 6 months off a cliff while they were "camping" in the Royal National Park (south of Sydney). She was very rich in her own right and he almost got away with it. One of the incriminating circumstantial reasons he was found guilty was that he disgustingly didn't attend his wife's funeral and was actually on a holiday with a new woman when she was buried.

He'd also done away with a former wife (for the same reason - money). He now languishes at Her Majesty's Pleasure somewhere....for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23