NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't there a mention of a toxicology test but the detectives were keeping quiet about the result? What's the go on that now?

As for scratches ~ who knows ~ 'lovers' in extramarital affairs are frequent 'passion scratchers' ... & they also often leave love bites too! Maybe one of his affairs is hairy like a caterpillar. :floorlaugh:

While this is a totally serious topic..sometimes you people make me:floorlaugh:..Its beyond my control sometimes and I will say so if questioned.. they made me do it! ;)

Do you know who I keep thinking of in this case? The guy who pushed his wife of 6 months off a cliff while they were "camping" in the Royal National Park (south of Sydney). She was very rich in her own right and he almost got away with it. One of the incriminating circumstantial reasons he was found guilty was that he disgustingly didn't attend his wife's funeral and was actually on a holiday with a new woman when she was buried.

He'd also done away with a former wife (for the same reason - money). He now languishes at Her Majesty's Pleasure somewhere....for a long time.

I just keep thinking of Gordon Wood. :(

Yes.. I suggested that thought too and that perhaps originally the captiva had been planned to be left at Kholo creek to appear she drove out and jumped. But it didn't work out that way..

You mean maybe the plan was to throw the body over the bridge to make it look like a suicide jump? Considering the only apparent injury was a broken tooth I am thinking she must have been placed rather than thrown because wouldn't that cause injuries post mortem? I wouldn't know, having never thrown anybody anywhere

haha deary me...we are so invested!!! well, I hope you enjoyed your day all the same, and, to get one up on you...
I took my car in for a service, they couldn't drive me home, it was quarter to ten!!!!
so I went to get my nails filled, (could barely string two words together with one hand, let alone keep up with bail hearing on tiny phone)
went to Dick smiths on way to taxi rank, to buy business computer
got home couldn't activate Internet
got on old mac, kids used $50 Internet credit IN ONE DAY
tried phone, freezing up like crazy
raced down shops, bought another 50 credit,got home recharged.....nothing would load
got called out...at ten to one!!!!! missed more breaking news

think I'm 40 pages behind, maybe 50!

Oh Minni ~ That would surely have resulted in 40 - 50+ grey hairs though? What one loses on the roundabouts, one invariably gains on the swings!!!
Also, I'm curious as to why you have to pay for Internet as opposed to simply having an inexpensive monthly ADSL connection / subscription. At $50 a time ~ WOW! You should be one of the company's biggest shareholders by now, & surely entitled to FREE usage? :floorlaugh:

He must have been financially desperado to have made that claim so quickly knowing he was already a suspect in the murder .. I'd love to see his bank accounts!!

The Eagles - Desperado - YouTube

Thank you Mrs GN - great song; Desperado indeed, we just didn't know the bad, bad, get down dirty, dog half of it..........I am thinking back to H's comments about the Lexus and the big man around Brookfield

Mr Boyle said Allison's blood was found in Baden-Clay's car, and "the quantity and position of the blood" suggested that the seat had been "laid flat to make it a boot".

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...tm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=DTN+Australia:

Yes I thought that was an odd statement... 'the quantity and position of the blood'....
I think it's probably ended up on the rear of the back seat... he folded it down to transport her, she lost blood on it, then he put the seats back up.
Why didn't he see it?

Mani, you dont even know!!! I also tried to plug in a cord and smashed an old glass of coke behind the computer...I went to get the mop, it had some god awful crap on it from some lazy kid the day before mopping up banana milkshake and shoving it back next to the washing machine!!!!
I then got a call from the highschool (no one wants to know the topic of that convo that centered around my 13 year old son!! I made a curry so hot I couldn't eat it and went to get the natural yoghurt, but alas it was gone!!
the dog the tried to eat the 8 week old kitten:what::what::what::what:

ALL THIS BY 3PM, mind you...then I forgot to pick up my car from its service....but it's ok,they'll be open again MONDAY!!!!!!

anyway, I'm a little bit hurt, but I'll be ok (insert sheepish grin)

Minni..oh you just made me stressed and exhausted with all that... you really do need a Bex and a good lie down!

Finally have wifi in my hotel room! I have been stopping at random places all over KL ( to my darling husbands frustration) to try to follow today's posts. Of all days to be sightseeing. Thank you to Mani for the PM in which everything was outlined. I am sitting here totally shocked at the extent of GBC's deception with more to come I'm sure. The girls were in the house!! I can't believe it.....
Thanks to all for links, I have not had to visit any other site for info.

Do you know who I keep thinking of in this case? The guy who pushed his wife of 6 months off a cliff while they were "camping" in the Royal National Park (south of Sydney). She was very rich in her own right and he almost got away with it. One of the incriminating circumstantial reasons he was found guilty was that he disgustingly didn't attend his wife's funeral and was actually on a holiday with a new woman when she was buried.

He'd also done away with a former wife (for the same reason - money). He now languishes at Her Majesty's Pleasure somewhere....for a long time.

Oh yess I remember reading about that one...was horrible!!!!

Des Campbell found guilty of pushing wife off cliff

May 18, 2010

Janet Campbell did not trip and fall to her death from a 50-metre cliff, a Supreme Court jury found today - she was pushed by her husband, Des Campbell.

Deliberating since last Monday, the jury found Campbell, 52, guilty of murdering his wife on March 24, 2005.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/des-campb...fe-off-cliff-20100518-vbdq.html#ixzz1yVPChhVn

Oh yeah tell me about that before I go for a weekend away camping with hubby lol.

I just did some searches on incriminating behaviour and found this, which I think someone else may have looked at too;
These are a list of ten extremely important tips to remember if you should ever be arrested. They can get you out of trouble if you use them effectively.
Let me begin by saying I was arrested recently and I most likely would have had all my charges dropped if I had followed these 10 simple tips. These tips can make all the difference in whether or not you have to go to jail or even get arrested in the first place. Please remember these tips if you get in a tight spot, they will really come in handy.
Do Not Get Caught
Don’t get caught at any cost and if at all possible. That is the easiest way to stay out of trouble. If that fails move on to the next steps.
Do Not Talk to The Police
First and foremost do not talk to the police. You do not have to tell them anything whatsoever, that will only help them build a case against you. Tell them simply that you wish to speak to your attorney and that’s it.
Do Not Fall For Police Tricks
The police have plenty of clever ways to try to get you to admit to something and incriminate yourself. These include made up confessions from other people, threats, intimidation tactics, false evidence, good cop/bad cop and many more. Again do not fall for any of these, just continue to assert that you want to talk to your attorney and that’s it.
Do Not Make a Written Statement
Read more in Law
«*By Law I Cut You Dead or AliveThe Erosion of Civil Liberties in England and the UK.*»
Do not make a written statement to the police even though they may promise to give you better treatment if you cooperate. If they have become that desperate it probably means the only thing they have against to convict you on is the statement that they are trying to convince you to make. Do not give in.
Do Take Note of Their Actions
Take note of all the actions of the police. Pay special attention to anything they do to you that you think is illegal or unfair. If the police mistreat you or do not use proper conduct and procedures you may be able to get off when your case goes to trial.
Do Not Incriminate Yourself
If you do for some reason make a statement to the police be sure that it is not incriminating. It is better that it not be true than incriminate you. If your statement is not true make sure it is something you can remember (vaguer ones will be easier to remember) so your story doesn’t change and the police do not accuse you of lying.
Do Be Cooperative
Cooperate with the police so that the judicial system will treat you favorably. This does not mean you have to incriminate yourself, it simply means that you are polite and assertive at the same time. At the same time do not so the police any type of fear, even if you are scared, because the police will exploit it.
Do Not Talk To Anyone About Your Arrest
Don’t talk to anybody about your arrest or the crimes you may have committed. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.
Do Find a Good Attorney
Find an attorney that will fight hard to win your case and always act in your best interest. A good attorney will find holes in the prosecutions case that can be exploited to your benefit. It may be expensive, but if you can afford it higher the best attorney that you can.
Do Send These Tips To Friends
Make sure your accomplices (if you have any) follow these same tips so that they don’t incriminate you. It does not matter what you do if one of your accomplices confesses or something of that nature. The is an extremely important rule so be sure to follow it.

Read more: http://socyberty.com/law/ten-tips-t...n-likely-when-you-get-arrested/#ixzz1yVPOgVB5

You mean maybe the plan was to throw the body over the bridge to make it look like a suicide jump? Considering the only apparent injury was a broken tooth I am thinking she must have been placed rather than thrown because wouldn't that cause injuries post mortem? I wouldn't know, having never thrown anybody anywhere

yes, though I don't know considering some of the um..stupid things it is alleged he did (like googling legal stuff and the life insurance stuff)..who knows what his thoughts were..

Where do you think it all went wrong marlywings, it just never came off looking like suicide in the end, and it seems so brazen to kill her with the children at home( glad we FINALLY sorted that out ). I'll be watching the trial, I still have lots of unanswered questions.
Maybe TM will tell us plenty when she sings. IMO
I don't seeing her hanging around Brisbane for much longer.
Always enjoy your posts marlywings.

Yes, he initially tried to get the story out there (the media) that she was "happy" that night, but had been recently depressed. Walking at night, found under bridge; Suffocate her - no obvious signs of death; Kids at home could testify that Dad and Mum were home (suffocation causes no noise) - therefore alibi for BC.

IMO I think this was going to be the original story when he did actually do the premeditated deed (before it went pear-shaped) in the premeditated BC-world.

But coppers (sorry Koppers) are far too smart for that obvious *advertiser censored*......

Life insurance policies can pay out on suicide (I am an ex financial adviser - not verified though ;) )

The policies I used to sell had an exclusion period of 13 months. But here in Oz, it can be varying waiting periods.

http://ezinsurance.com.au/Education-Centre/Life-Insurance-and-Suicide.html

I know life insurance linked to Superannuation can also pay out on Suicide too, I know of one superannuation fund that pays on suicide for sure, as I paid it. It was very sad. His wife left him. The day after he increased his insurance to the highest possible, made a will nominating her as the sole beneficiary, he then waited 18 months (I won't go into too much detail, but that was when the payout amount reached its highest level) & he committed suicide. It was paid out in full within a month of his death. It was incredibly sad.

More than $1 million in debt was reported on channel 10 news at 5pm.

I can't remember the break down..but $58 000 was owed to BC seniors.

EDIT: Sorry Marlywings..see you posted some of this on previous page..

channel 10 sydney news at 5pm listed all the people owed money adding up to a million in debt, and yes, $58000 is owed to the bcs, he also googled western brisbane psychiatrist as well as fifth amendment etc, wonder if it was for an apt for him or if allison had seen one and he wanted to contact them?
hopefully there will be a channel 10 link soon
also regarding blood found in the car, could it has been from allisons body leaking (sorry!) after death, or does the body only release other fluids after death?

Where do you think it all went wrong marlywings, it just never came off looking like suicide in the end, and it seems so brazen to kill her with the children at home( glad we FINALLY sorted that out ). I'll be watching the trial, I still have lots of unanswered questions.
Maybe TM will tell us plenty when she sings. IMO
I don't seeing her hanging around Brisbane for much longer.
Always enjoy your posts marlywings.

Hi Kiwi...yes I still think something stuffed up the plan...I'm thinking more along the lines now that he was going to have all of that day...was perhaps going to get the car out to Kholo but earlier that morning something sent that plan out the window.

I think we'll hear a lot more...especially by time Inspector Ainsworth's gotcha bag is full to the brim.

....& thankyou...always like yours too :)

Usually, suicide will be paid out after the initial 13 months of the policy. It's to stop people taking out a policy to get their family out of financial strife and then committing suicide soon after. Allowing 13 months may cool people of the idea.

agreed, and then there are others I know of, no waiting period as long as there is no pre-existing condition (for e.g. mental illness), in that case there is a usually a 7-10 year pre-existing condition rule from the date of when the insurance was taken out. So if you had a pre-exisiting condition and committed suicide within that waiting period, no payout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member