NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been thinking about how much information you can pass on in 1min 23sec.

Is that long enough to explain to someone that has no prior knowledge? It would be a shock to the person receiving the call. There would be the what, how, why and what to do next. If I received a call from someone saying they had just killed another it would take a bit to sink in. I would be in shock and possibly think they were having me on.

If the person DID have prior knowledge then it wouldn't take long at all. Even if it happened earlier than expected.

jmo

No but it might be enough to say that you're in a flat panic and need to meet up JMO

Many of the posts on Websleuths have speculated on what involvement, if any, GBC’s family members have had in these events before, during and after the death of Allison.

IMO, this alleged set of circumstances is any family’s worst nightmare. Imagine if your beloved adult child telephoned you and told you that they had just killed their spouse or someone. What would you do?

I hope I would call the police. I might have to participate initially in fear of my own life but I think it is better for the guilty party to pay for their crime even if I plan to support them the whole way through it. I would however most likely be so grieved by the loss of my DIL or SIL that it would be a long journey to acceptance and forgiveness in order to do that. It would be much easier to support them if the victim was not a loved one also.

I do cut the baden-clays some slack in that there might be a lot of dysfunction in that family that makes them like a frog in slowly heating water. I think someone like Gerard, repels people unused to such a character, but others can be duped, or it feeds into patterns deeply established in their relationships already. There's a lot of people who have dealt with a lot of crappy relationships in their life and so supporting a man who murders his wife, the mother of his children ... they can still feel the love and loyalty and their moral code is not strong enough to stand up to it.

I have been thinking about how much information you can pass on in 1min 23sec.

Is that long enough to explain to someone that has no prior knowledge? It would be a shock to the person receiving the call. There would be the what, how, why and what to do next. If I received a call from someone saying they had just killed another it would take a bit to sink in. I would be in shock and possibly think they were having me on.

If the person DID have prior knowledge then it wouldn't take long at all. Even if it happened earlier than expected.

jmo

Yes - although it could have also been an urgent, quick something has happened I need you to come over immediately I'm freaking out - yes son I'll be right there - kind of call? Some people go into business like mode in a crisis...

Edit: Mani had this thought before me, I see :)

It sure is hard, isn't it.....I would support my son....I certainly wouldn't hate him. But if he called me and said what he had done....I would like to think, that I would say. "Dont touch her, I am coming now".....and once I got there, I would sit him down and explain that he must call the police....and that I will be here for him.

Willough I totally agree with you. I hope I would do the same, I would do anything for my kids...but I could not lie.

A lot of people on here have been wondering why GBC's facebook friends haven't "unfriended " him. I think a LOT of these people are real estate agents or work in the industry. I also believe that some of these people are from SA. I know one of GBC's facebook friends and this person is from SA. Maybe they want to support him because they are from the same country and have similar backgrounds, which is fair enough.

Or, like me, they are interested in seeing what gets posted now that it's all locked down and General Public can't see it. ::floorlaugh::

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/early-hours-call-to-father-alleged/story-e6freon6-1226406384696

I still find this photo of GBC and his father extremely bizarre; as far as I can see they are not touching at all except perhaps slightly at the shoulders.

Maybe it was just taken at the wrong moment, who knows, but to me it says "odd".

i think its just the timing of when the photo was taken..mid hug.. so that is what was captured. Had the photographer taken it slightly before or after this point, it would have appeared different. MOO

OOPS..already answered by a few..sorry.:)

I have thoughts that ABC found out too much... too much information that would incriminate the whole BC family... it wasn't just affairs.. not just gentlemen's deals... it was a whole lot more.

Thanks ktk and everyone else for responding re this!

If that is the case, I wonder what he (Ainsworth) is waiting for.

More tests to come back (who knew it took 8+ weeks for the phone tests to come back)? They took bags of stuff from the BC senior residence.

Someone to blab (which is not going to happen if it is only family members involved)?

The police made it clear from very early on that they believed there was an accomplice. There have been more than one reported sightings of two cars (so there is probably/hopefully more evidence there that we don't know about).

Surely the face time call in itself is enough to warrant more action than just a one hour visit the other night (granted there were 5 detectives)?

But only GBC and ABC's cars were impounded. One has been released.

What are they waiting for? Arrest them already!!!

Evidence and timing.. hard as it must be for them to not just go in there and arrest anyone they know or suspect.. its got to be done right and patience is a virtue in something like this. MOO

Sorry - but i view him using that scenario whether factual or not to convince his love interest that he had something to lose both assetwise and also incomewise.
in addition, Both parties' earning capacity is taken into account with child support assessments however if someone has deliberately divested themselves of convertible assets or change of job to deliberately reduce their adjusted income, they can be assesed as having a bigger earning capacity. I have been on an external review tribunal reviewing csa matters and have seen some shocking situations on both sides of the equation with people claming tree change situations to avoid their cs obligation. I would also strongly recommend that parties affected by what appear to be unreasonable assessments to appeal the decision both within the CSA and to SSAT if need be and at no cost. They will do extensive examinations and investigation if provided with some evidence.

Yes, it can be based on "Capacity to earn" rather than what actual income is.

Many of the posts on Websleuths have speculated on what involvement, if any, GBC’s family members have had in these events before, during and after the death of Allison.

IMO, this alleged set of circumstances is any family’s worst nightmare. Imagine if your beloved adult child telephoned you and told you that they had just killed their spouse or someone. What would you do?

I'd be physically ill then call the police and hightail it over there. I wouldn't help them to cover it up!

"Blue rental car" you say. Is this the same care GBC crashed? also the same car that was allegedly seen trailing a white car the night ABC went missing?:waitasec:

No. Courier Mail reported that the blue car sold at auction a few weeks back.

Sorry - but i view him using that scenario whether factual or not to convince his love interest that he had something to lose both assetwise and also incomewise.
in addition, Both parties' earning capacity is taken into account with child support assessments however if someone has deliberately divested themselves of convertible assets or change of job to deliberately reduce their adjusted income, they can be assesed as having a bigger earning capacity. I have been on an external review tribunal reviewing csa matters and have seen some shocking situations on both sides of the equation with people claming tree change situations to avoid their cs obligation. I would also strongly recommend that parties affected by what appear to be unreasonable assessments to appeal the decision both within the CSA and to SSAT if need be and at no cost. They will do extensive examinations and investigation if provided with some evidence.

You may be 'assessed' but as in my case, my ex owes over $10,000 in CS payments... and the CSA is powerless to get it. They're a toothless tigers. They can only claim his stuff if he upgrades his car, buys a boat etc. They ring me every few weeks... asking me what he's doing, what he drives, what his lifestyle is like... how do I know?
He knows the system better than they do... ergo he drives a rubbish car, only deals in cash. My ex has gone from earning $300,000 a year, to a $42, 000 a year job. Have I objected? Of course I have. Has he paid what he owes? Of course not. He is too busy investing in his latest girlfriend.

It's of no consequence. I make my own money. I don't need his.

Or, like me, they are interested in seeing what gets posted now that it's all locked down and General Public can't see it. ::floorlaugh::

Would love to see his next status update.

Who was it that said GBC was on drugs? Was that a rumour on here?

My youngest just had to write a speech roughly a minute long. His goes for 1:30, he's a bit of a slow reader but it is actually quite a lot that one can say in that short time!

You may be 'assessed' but as in my case, my ex owes over $10,000 in CS payments... and the CSA is powerless to get it. They're a toothless tigers. They can only claim his stuff if he upgrades his car, buys a boat etc. They ring me every few weeks... asking me what he's doing, what he drives, what his lifestyle is like... how do I know?
He knows the system better than they do... ergo he drives a rubbish car, only deals in cash. My ex has gone from earning $300,000 a year, to a $42, 000 a year job. Have I objected? Of course I have. Has he paid what he owes? Of course not. He is too busy investing in his latest girlfriend.

It's of no consequence. I make my own money. I don't need his.

I fully agree. In America they start by taking their drivers licence away and may also get jail time. Here, they do nothing except prevent them from travelling overseas if the unpaid child support is astronomic, but for $10,000 owed they do nothing. I get $50 a week!

Thank you for your thoughtful responses to the above question that was posed in the above quoted Post. Your responses suggest to me that it is unlikely that NBC and EBC would have been involved in any premeditated killing. However, I think it is more likely than not that if GBC had killed ABC and told his parents, that his parents would have been motivated to assist GBC after the fact.
MOO :cow:

I get Limaes and Liadan mixed up! Does that happen to anyone else?

I'm sorry, but nobody knows how they will react to a crisis until it happens - family or otherwise. Yes, we'd all like to think we would support our loved ones and at the same time do the right thing, but in reality, we have no idea how we will behave. And if it does happen - the 3am phone call - there may be precious little time to take it all in and think through a course of action that makes sense as the disaster unfolds, especially if it's your precious child who needs you to save them NOW and please Mum/Dad don't tell anybody just GET HERE - how can you think in a measured and logical way when that hits you out of the blue?

I have a little experience in this, and believe me, as a parent you don't think of your ingrained values or how you should behave as a moral citizen, you just know your kid is in deep trouble and they need you stat, and off you go, trying not to drive like a lunatic but that little voice in your head is saying, hurry, hurry, hurry, don't get there too late, and you remember stupid things like their first words and how they looked in the crib after they were born and why didn't you tell them you loved them more often, and at the same time thank the gods that they called you first.

It's an awful shock to the system, and we don't always behave as we would like to, but that's human isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288